User Reviews for Hydrocortisone / pramoxine topical to treat Hemorrhoids

Also known as: Analpram-HC, Proctofoam HC, Pramosone, Enzone, Hydropram, HC Pram, Procort Analpram E Novacort Epifoam …show all brand names

Hydrocortisone / pramoxine topical has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 26 ratings for the treatment of Hemorrhoids. 81% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 15% reported a negative effect.

Hydrocortisone/pramoxine topical Rating Summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Hemorrhoids.

Reviews for Hydrocortisone / pramoxine topical

relieved in NC June 24, 2011

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “After two months of suffering and trying over-the-counter ointments and creams, suppositories, witch hazel pads, doing sitz-baths and tub soaking, my condition was only getting worse, not to mention, the ointments and creams were setting me on fire. I finally sought medical attention at my doctor's office. After only two doses, I was able to finally sleep without being awakened with irritating symptoms. I will never be without it. I have been using it 2 - 3 times a day for the past 5 days. However, I have an appointment to have a colonoscopy to make sure that there are no other internal issues that need to be addressed due to the severity of my condition.”

Anonymous August 20, 2009

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Stopped the pain and itching almost immediately! It didn't make my thrombosed hemorrhoids go away too fast but it definitely made me feel better to where I could function again (like walk and sit). I would use it again and had no unpleasant side effects.”

kmavaz August 29, 2010

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “I have used this product sporadically for the past 8 years and have always achieved outstanding results. Upon application there is a slight burning sensation but then immediate relief from the burning and itching sensations. The foam can be somewhat messy and fill the syringe SLOWLY with small bursts until it expands to the fill line. I have overflowed the syringe when first starting to use this product when not experienced with regulating the "bursts". I use this in conjunction with Hydrocortisone Cream 2.5% and my condition decreases within 3 days on average. Although we have had a very humid, hot summer and dietary changes has caused an extreme outbreak this year and it is taking longer than usual to cure.”

DC · Taken for less than 1 month February 10, 2020

“I’m only 32 and I had my very first thrombosed hemorrhoid, how I got it I have no idea ... I’m young athletic and don’t pass hard stools. Needless to say it sucked, and a major discomfort... my doctor prescribed me hydrocortisone 2.5 (2xs a day for a week). It’s been 72 hours and so far so good, the swelling goes down by the day and the discomfort/ pain of the hemorrhoid also has been improving drastically. I’ve bumped up the application to 3xs a day, hopefully by next week I can go back normal!!!”

Hemnomore · Taken for less than 1 month August 27, 2016

“The only thing that works for my thrombosed hemorroids. Will suffer for days and then use this and roids are gone super fast and not nearly as painful. Sitz bath and this cream takes care of the problem just over a couple of days.”

jerry123456 June 8, 2016

HC Pramoxine (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “this produce works well at shrinking the hemorrhoid and eliminating the pain and itch that goes with it. but, i do not understand why this medication is so expensive. i do not have insurance and it is a mystery to me why, given the two common ingredients in this medication, it is priced so exorbitantly. hydrocortisone is an inexpensive drug as is pramoxine. why is the product suddenly in the hundreds of dollars (especially if you purchase the name brand) because the hyrocortisone is 2.5% instead of 1%, it now has pramoxine in it and they give you a plastic screw-on instrument that allows you to introduce the cream directly into your rectum. seems like an incredible rip-off to me. i can only imagine what the markup must be on this product.”

Anonymous March 2, 2012

“I have used AnalPram singles on and off for years now and had great success. The problem I have with this generic Hydrocortisone kit from Acella is that the applicator is of very poor quality. It has squares cut out on the sides to allow the cream to disperse. These square cutouts are raised slightly along the smooth applicator and tend to scrape the thrombosed tissue as it enters an already swollen and painful part of the body. The poor construction of the applicator causes pain and bleeding. The holes on the side of the applicator should not be square but round so as to not cause scraping upon entry. This is a sign of poor quality control within the company that should be looked into by it's company officials. Someone is going to get hurt”

Roids · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2019

“I am only 39 and got a sudden huge external hemorrhoid (My first). It was very painful so I went to the doctor because I wasn’t sure if it was an abscess or a hemorrhoid. The doc prescribed this cream. It was expensive but it worked. After 5 days, it has shrunk by half. I try to use 2-3 times a day. It’s not too easy. I use my finger and not the applicator which is junk.”

Hroid · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 5, 2019

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “I used the Analpram-HC for my hemorrhoids for 2 weeks and had plenty cream leftover. In case of a flare up. It worked great, I tried to get the same meds again. Different Dr and wouldn't give it to me. Put me on Proctozone HC. The Analpram cream is much better.”

Rick · Taken for less than 1 month November 23, 2019

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Used the product. Did not foam as I assume the can was defective. Used what oozed out and applied it on top of the Hemorrhoid ( which at 63 was the 1st time this has happened to me ) and found no relief at all. !! I’m taking it back to CVS for a refund in the morning! 55 dollar copay with good insurance is just plain and simply ridiculous even if it had worked properly!! As I soak in the tub I wonder how anyone could tolerate this type of discomfort for more than a day! I’m totally dissatisfied that a product that costs this much could be so cheaply produced or designed! Shame On The Manufactures!”

Hugh Jass · Taken for less than 1 month March 14, 2018

“I’ve had episodes in the past with thrombosed hemorrhoids but never used the HC cream. This time I had some mild but constant bleeding. It has worked incredibly well. Hemorrhoids shrank 30% in the first 24 hours and the pain is almost non existent. I am able to function.”

Gigetto · Taken for 10 years or more October 2, 2020

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “I respond the best to Proctofoam and have tried a few other products; I hate to use Proctofoam at almost $50 a squirt; Some genius shortened the tip of the applicator where it is more suited for anal use. Yes I know about ring of vein around the anus BUT when they are swollen inflamed engorged..the new and not improved syringe is worthless. I have 1 for use in the US and the other when I go to a foreign country and keep it there. It stops the bleeding and anemia. I have had them injected, rubber banded over the years. I decided to 'bite the bullet' and have them excised about 5 years ago and a colon and rectal surgeon told me to get lost because of several medical problems... Proctofoam save my butt again a few day ago.”

Katoom990 September 2, 2017

“Works great for me. Also I installed an inexpensive sprayer that hooks up to the toilet water inlet and allows you to spray clean after a bm. I find that washing allows it to heal faster along with cool water giving temporary pain relief and best of all no painful wiping.”

Anonymous July 6, 2009

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “I was prescribed this for not only hemorrhoids, but also anal fissures. After the first use they were shrunken and no more bleeding, itching or pain. This medicine is a miracle.”

Gary23 February 3, 2009

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Works temporarily. As long as there is no bowel motion the hemorrhoids seem healed. As soon as there is a bowel motion we are back to square one.”

Anonymous May 9, 2008

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Fixed up my hemorrhoids well.”

Aniruddha November 13, 2008

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “It works like magic. I was suffering for 4 days. Once I applied the cream the pain was gone in 12 hrs.”

Anonymous September 6, 2008

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Was prescribed analpram on day 6 of hemorhoids. Finally by day 8 they started to shrink. This stuff is great. ”

Anonymous August 1, 2019

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Works, but horribly overpriced, and in an absurdly-designed, useless, dispenser. Customer service at MEDA Pharma. was terrible.”

Anonymous September 13, 2011

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Pretty quick pain release, combined with high doses of Ibuprofen is quickly effective .”

Mr. Big Hemorr August 23, 2008

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “My Hemorroids are gone! Thank you!”

Mr. Buttsky December 30, 2009

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Helps a lot. The anal itchiness and burning are mostly all gone.”

Anonymous September 27, 2008

Analpram-HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “This has helped tremendously internally!”

Johnny M · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 6, 2019

Proctofoam HC (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Have used for past 3 years with good results. Use twice daily so one 10 g tube last about 15-18 days. Use when my colitis flares which happens 3 or 4 times a year.”

Anonymous March 15, 2010

Pramosone (hydrocortisone / pramoxine): “Offers temporary relief, no sting.”

Learn more about Hemorrhoids