User Reviews for Haloperidol to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Also known as: Haldol, Haldol Decanoate

Haloperidol has an average rating of 4.0 out of 10 from a total of 5 ratings for the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. 20% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 60% reported a negative effect.

Haloperidol Rating Summary

4.0/10 average rating

Compare all 28 medications used in the treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder.

Hailz · Taken for less than 1 month July 23, 2021

“Please BEWARE of this drug. After two doses of haloperidol I woke up at 1am in complete restlessness. I couldn't lay down I could sit down I couldn't stand up I kept having to switch positions because this disturbing feeling of restlessness. I couldn't tell if I was hot or cold or if I was falling asleep or awake, I rang an after hours line and was told to go to the hospital ASAP. When I got to the hospital it progressed into a disabled epileptic sezuire episode. My mouth/jaw was lopsided my jaw was going one way like bell's palsy syndrome, I couldn't talk , only to make noises and when I did try talk I sounded completely disabled. The sezuires were scary and I thought I was going to die. The hospital called it an adverse reaction to haloperidol. Please BEWARE what it can do to people I thought I was going to be stuck frozen in that disabled state and I wouldn't go back to normal. This drug terrified me and could have taken my life. I was prescribed this for depression.”

Nope! · Taken for less than 1 month April 24, 2020

“I took haloperidol 0.5mg once. It was remarkable how calm I felt. Just off the results from that one pill I was ready to sign up. Then that night I started having painful whole-muscle body spasms. I couldn’t even put my tongue in my own mouth. Thank god that at the hospital they gave me some kind of shot that made it stop. I was afraid I was going to be stuck like that for life. The most frightening thing that ever happened to me.”

onlyalittle · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2019

“I took a small dose of haloperidol along with a myriad of strong medication I was overprescribed by a reputable, top psychiatrist about a year ago. It made me severely agitated, impulsive and deepened my self-loathing to the point where I tried to commit suicide. It was my worst (and hopefully last) attempt. I lost consciousness and wouldn't be here had someone not found me...and I am now in a healthy enough place to say I'm so so so grateful to them. Please be careful with this one.”

Nikki0412 · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

“Takes time but does relieve anxiety quite well.”

Ehzruh · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 22, 2021

“It changed my life. I have never felt so good in my life.”

Learn more about Borderline Personality Disorder