User Reviews for Arixtra

Arixtra has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 86% of those users who reviewed Arixtra reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Deep Vein Thrombosis   9.0
Pulmonary Embolism   9.0
Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis   8.0
Summary of Arixtra reviews 8.9 7 reviews

TR · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I was on Arixstra for 2 years after failing love ox and eliquoise. When I paid for my own insurance($1600 a month, my insurance covered it. But now that I am disabled and on Medicare, my copay is $630 a month. They put me on warfarin and they can’t stabilize. Makes me feel sick. Tightening to get back on Arixstra it worked great for me.”

RodeoGirl · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 31, 2019

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “Using this drug for over 2 years after bilateral DVT and PE with HITT. No need to worry about foods I eat and worries about clotting times. Wish it was a pill verses an injection. Happy it has kept me stable.”

Ananymous_SJ January 22, 2017

For Pulmonary Embolism: “Using this med as a last resort. With all the other blood thinners I had the reaction of extrame muscle and joint pain. The med doesn't do that, but it does make me quite fatigued. I am now using Mondofinial to relieve the fatigue and it works fairly well. Overall my life is fairly balanced, but wish there wasn't;t quite so much fatigue”

Ruth N. October 23, 2016

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I have been on Arixtra for 4 years now and am in law school. I had tried all the other medications for DVT's and pulmonary embolism, which I have had both and this is the only one that allows me to have a normal life.”

ChrisRW May 18, 2011

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Prophylaxis: “Better than Lovenox, only once a day and it doesn't sting as much. Additionally I have less nausea and tiredness on it than I did with either Lovenox or Coumadin. However the nausea is still not great. I am looking forward to switching to Pradaxa and eliminating the need for shots, and hopefully, the nausea.”

Anonymous June 21, 2010

For Deep Vein Thrombosis: “I am going off this medicine as I am unable to stay awake on it.”

Anonymous July 15, 2009

For Pulmonary Embolism: “This medication is easy to use and allows you to eat foods high in vitamin k.”