User Reviews for Fluocinolone

1 review 11 medications
Uveitis

Summary of Fluocinolone reviews 10.0 4 reviews

Reviews for Fluocinolone

Retisert (fluocinolone) for Macular Edema: "I've had three Retisert implants done . They work wonderfully but have had two that separated after being in for a while. The first separated after 6 years and the second after 3 years. The surgery was a breeze and prevented me from having injections . They did prevent recurring floaters .Thankfully my insurance covered it because it is quite expensive ."

Lou (taken for 10 years or more) July 31, 2018

Iluvien (fluocinolone) for Diabetic Macular Edema: "Vary expensive drug ($9000) - only use if covered by insurance.. Kaiser gave me this drug and I have had it in my eye for 2 years and its working. I have had glaucoma eye surgery in my eye to keep eye pressure low. The only negative thing is that it leaves a very small capsule in the eye that does not dissolve. So my Dr. does not think I can use this drug more than 2 or so times. I may switch back to another drug that works up to 3- 6 months per injection and cost much less."

Works up to 3 years for 1 inje (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 3, 2017

Retisert (fluocinolone) for Uveitis: "I suffer from a very aggressive case of Uveitis in my left eye due to Sarcoidosis. I have already had my right eye removed because of it. I became part of the research study developing this implant on the advice of my medical team and it preserved the sight in my remaining eye. I had minimal side effects: temporary pain after surgery, developed cataract (had removed 14 mos. later), increased eye pressure (used eye drops). On my 2nd implant now - usually lasts about 4 years. Highly recommend to anyone with uncontrollable Uveitis."

Mona in Indiana March 15, 2010

For Not Listed / Other: "Retisert is fantastic. I went from 20/400 to 20/10! The surgery is a breeze and restores eyesight."

Anonymous November 24, 2008

Retisert (fluocinolone) for Uveitis: "Retisert is fantastic. I went from 20/400 to 20/10! The surgery is a breeze and restores eyesight."

Anonymous November 24, 2008