User Reviews for Finasteride systemic

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
4.9

Summary of Finasteride reviews 5.0 121 reviews

Reviews for Finasteride

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "This pill is not for long term use for hair loss. I used it for a year and a half. Grew hair but now I may have prostate cancer. Don't take this pill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ohcrap (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 14, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "STAY AWAY!! I was on it for ten days to help with my receding hairline (male patterned baldness) and it thinned out my hair in 10 DAYS! I was never told this was going to happen. I am off it now and there is no more shedding."

Not Cool (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I have been taking Propecia for around 8 months and I must say I’m really happy so far, this will most likely be effective for people with mild male pattern baldness with around 80% or more hair on your scalp. "

Lee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 27, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "By far the most easy and effective treatment for hair loss. In my view experience, the standard 1mg is excessive for only mild-moderate thinning, particularly if beginning treatment early enough. I gained growth on 0.5mg and have been able to maintain my hairline after dropping down to even less."

Richard (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 13, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I have been taking Finasteride for just over 3 years now. It has worked to reduce the size of my prostate, but it comes at a price. Sexual libido is very much down and so are the erections! The other thing to note is that since taking finasteride I lost all my body hair, not on my head or beard but legs, arms and chest hair all vanished. I stopped taking Finasteride about 3 months ago and gradually all my hair is now returning. I also have a much stronger erection although I can't say my libido has come back!"

Gaz (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 12, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I don't get the negativity surrounding this drug. Most of those reviews are by people who have used it for just a week at the most. May be what they experienced could have been some confirmation bias heightened by what they read in reviews like this. But still, I can't speak for their part. As for me, I have been using for last 4 months. Never experienced those side effects of loss of sex drive, erectile dysfunction or any other. My hair loss has stopped but I am not seeing hair growth still. They say it takes 4-6 months to see some noticeable growth. May be that is because I am not pairing it with Minoxidil. Planning to use for next 5 years if things don't go wrong ."

Currently using for 4 months (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2018

Propecia (finasteride) for Androgenetic Alopecia: "This stuff is poison. I only took a small dose and I'm still suffering 3 years later. Causes depression and erection and libido problems."

UKGUY82 (taken for less than 1 month) September 28, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Used this poison to try to halt my hair loss only to find out it was a major trade off You can possibly keep your hair but in return you will lose your sex life for years. This stuff is dangerous FDA should never have approved it. DONT dance with this devil it could make you completely impotent. Not worth the risk."

Nick (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 28, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Worst decision of my life. 20 yrs now chemically castrated! Whoever builds the first time machine will be the wealthiest person on the planet!!! I'll be going back in time and telling myself not to take this. Taking this is truly a game of Russian roulette."

dead D (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I am a 24 year old Male, I had a very healthy sexual relationship with my girlfriend before taking Finax 1mg. Since the first time I popped it, it’s like my penis deflated. Was sucked out of life and became shrivelled. I took it 3 more times thinking the symptoms would go away, but they didn’t so I stopped after the 4th pill. Hoping for a recovery, I have not really gotten one. I’ve been taking arginine powder twice a day to boost blood flow and while I can get erections, my penis has become smaller (my erections too) and there’s a weird sensation there. I no longer get spontaneous boners and when I have sex with my gf it just doesnt feel the same. Luckily she can’t see a difference, but I can. Never take this drug. It’s ruined my life and my confidence."

Fml (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Listen, I took this stuff for one month and it was the worst decision of my life. The people are not lying. I ignored all the negative reviews and figured I'd give it a chance because hey, who listens to what people say online right? Taking Finasteride was a horrible mistake. I completely lost 100% of my sex drive and ability to get an erection. (Not so fun when you're in a relationship) Thankfully I caught this early and had only been using it for a few weeks so my sex drive and ability to get an erection came back a little (after I stopped taking it) but I still feel it will never be the same as it was before. Also my skin broke out in rash all over including my penis. I freaked out had no idea what all this was coming from then I put everything together. My penis also just looked weird and more vascular than usual. In conclusion, this stuff is horrible. If you like sex, trust me...do not I repeat do not take this stuff."

Mike September 21, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "This drug is fantastic. To all my fellow hairloss brothers out there, please don’t hesistate and just on this med ASAP. Like you, I delayed a year or two because of all the paranoia I read online, but after being on this medication for 5 years now, I can honestly say that I haven’t had a single side effect. After three years I noticed that I wasn’t growing hair anymore, so I decided to alternate 2.5mg of finasteride with 0.5mg Dutasteride every other day. Thankfully this has provided me with tremendous regrowth over the last two years. Hop on finasteride and don’t think about the side effects!"

Leo13 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Why the FDA hasn't pulled this drug is gross negligence at best. The data is clear (despite what some pathetic incel science-deniers on hair-loss forums would like to believe). Since the beginning of the decade there have been plenty of publications showcasing the dangers of finasteride and other 5AR inhibitors (like dutasteride and saw palmetto). The most damning publication is this one - "The Dark Side of 5α-Reductase Inhibitors' Therapy: Sexual Dysfunction, High Gleason Grade Prostate Cancer and Depression" Finasteride also inhibits 5 AR 3 just as much as 5 AR 2, and the former enzyme wasn't even discovered when this came onto the market. 5 AR 3 is essential to healthy cell signalling. Stay away from this garbage. If you're losing your hair and other treatments don't work, then lose your hair with dignity like a man. I wish I had. Taking this poison was the biggest mistake I've ever made. It's been two years and I regret it to this day. Any person or organization that continues to peddle this horrible drug I think should be sent to prison."

Ben September 2, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION! Finasteride is a poisonous substance which can result in devastating, permanent side effects. I took 1 mg per day for less than one week. This was more than 18 months ago and side effects are still severe. Side effects include: Dramatically lowered libido Erectile dysfunction Smaller erections (tissue loss of the penis) Testical atrophy Dimished penile sensivity Abnormal ejaculations Subcuteaneous fat loss Sunken black eyes Severely dry skin Pseudogynecomastia (fat deposits on the breasts) Swollen nipples Lessened facial hair growth Eyebrow and eyelash loss Chest hair loss Leg hair loss Diminished pubic hair Muscle fascinations and twitching of the limbs Muscle degradation Fatigue Depression Suicidal ideation It can destroy your masculinity with only a few doses! DO NOT TAKE THE RISK!"

Life ruined (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Took finasteride for only 4 days and experienced testicular pain that was unacceptable. Morning wood gone after 2 days and 70% decreased libido. Been a week since I quit now and I still have got an ache in my testicles and lower stomach area, still waiting for it to get better. This drug is extremely potent if you ask me, be careful. I will not be taking this again."

Tryout1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I've been taking finasteride for 3 months now it works well in shrinking the prostate but has definitely seem to take away my libido, sex drive and my erections are very weak. It is not solid in the morning when you have to go to the bathroom which is normal for guys. I'm thinking that it's not worth taking the pill, it does work on shrinking the prostate, it is just that takes your libido and sex drive away which is very disappointing, very discouraging and sad. I hear different professional opinions some that it will come back when I'm off it and some that I've read it said it may take a very long time for things to get normal"

Big guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

Proscar (finasteride) for : "35-year-old Caucasian male. Took Proscar for a year for hair regrowth (1/4 tab per day because Proscar is covered by health insurance and Propecia is not). Unfortunately it did not do anything and I tried in tandem with Minoxidil, which also did nothing. Furthermore, Proscar (and Propecia) did cause a dull pain in the prostate along with impotence, depression, and decreased semen, so that was the end for me. I really hope the FDA can authorize a pill without side effects that actually works."

Peter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I've been using finasteride for 11 years. I was thinning and it was very noticeable back then, now I have a full head of hair. I do use a topical a few times a week with it. No side affects."

JC July 11, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I tried taking this at two different times, 5 mg, once at 51 years old and again at 53. Both times I took it due to a perceived thought I had a enlarged prostate, and was sold, by doctor, it could help my serious thinning in hair. Well first time I took for about a month and was on a cruise ship. I am in decent shape, and one morning I ran up a couple flights of deck stairs which I done this a million times in the past and wow, could not get my heart to slow down. Normally I recover pretty fast but it took about a minute for my heart to slow down which is a LONG time I felt like having a heart attack. Had another incident while on excursion snorkelling which scared the ....out of me. I stopped the drug and when got home began working out. I did a yearly physical, and sugar was a little high, began treadmill 3 times week. 1 year later decided to give another try for hair loss and perceived BPH, same thing happened"

rocky June 13, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I took 1mg of generic finasteride for 2 weeks. While on the drug I developed severe penile tissue changes, including crooked partial erections, pain after orgasm, loss of morning and spontaneous erections, erectile dysfunction, a more rigid penis and veins protruding. It has completely ruined it. I had no prior medical problems before this. Please do not take this drug, it was the worst mistake of my life."

Vwpack5 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I started taking finasteride 1 mg for the hair loss 3 months ago. I wish I started taking it long time ago. When I first learned about finasteride (aka propecia), of course I started researching about side effects. Impotence and ED were the most scary ones, and I did find many scary reviews over the web. So I decided not to try it out. 10 years later when my hair was visibly thinning, I had no choice but trying it out. I absolutely have no side effects whatsoever. The research shows that less than 2% feel has any sort of side effects, and I am not in that 2% unlucky group. As always, happy customers tell 3 people, and angry customers tell 3000! I wish I started taking this pill 10 years ago."

scenicview (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "This is a awful drug. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS"

Ben S (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "After 6 months of taking Finasteride there has been no decrease in the size of my prostate nor any benefit as to frequency of urination. My sex drive is almost non existent. When I do orgasm nothing comes out. Keeping an erection has become harder. I have experienced tingling in the bottom of my feet resulting in nerves firing in my calves."

PegMaster (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "This is a wonderful medication and I say don’t hesitate for a second to start taking it. Don’t let negative reviews/ people’s paranoia persuade you not to as I have been taking this medication since Aug 2016 with virtually no side effects. Has this medication solved my hair loss issue 100%? No. But I am beyond grateful for it and it being the closest thing to a miracle drug. In conjunction I’ve been using Rogaine 2x daily, Regenpure shampoos and conditioner daily; all started in 2016 too. I do feel like at points I have random sheds but this may be due to strength training at the gym or high stress. But none the less I still highly recommend. I recently introduced HairMax laser comb which I use about every other day. I had a checkup with my dermo recently and the before and after pics are quite impressive. I did ask her to switch me to dustaride however she wants to continue on my current regime and entertain the idea of switching at a later time."

Josh April 11, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Do not take this drugs. I have been on finasteride for 7 month after having a hair transplant, I’m 42 athletic and eat very healthy. Never ever had a problem with my libido or sexual dysfunction until I took this drag. One month now since I stopped taking it and still dead! This drug should be banned."

Leo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018