User Reviews for Finasteride

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
4.8

Summary of Finasteride reviews 5.1 109 reviews

Reviews for Finasteride

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Why the FDA hasn't pulled this drug is gross negligence at best. The data is clear (despite what some pathetic incel science-deniers on hair-loss forums would like to believe). Since the beginning of the decade there have been plenty of publications showcasing the dangers of finasteride and other 5AR inhibitors (like dutasteride and saw palmetto). The most damning publication is this one - "The Dark Side of 5α-Reductase Inhibitors' Therapy: Sexual Dysfunction, High Gleason Grade Prostate Cancer and Depression" Finasteride also inhibits 5 AR 3 just as much as 5 AR 2, and the former enzyme wasn't even discovered when this came onto the market. 5 AR 3 is essential to healthy cell signalling. Stay away from this garbage. If you're losing your hair and other treatments don't work, then lose your hair with dignity like a man. I wish I had. Taking this poison was the biggest mistake I've ever made. It's been two years and I regret it to this day. Any person or organization that continues to peddle this horrible drug I think should be sent to prison."

Ben September 2, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION! Finasteride is a poisonous substance which can result in devastating, permanent side effects. I took 1 mg per day for less than one week. This was more than 18 months ago and side effects are still severe. Side effects include: Dramatically lowered libido Erectile dysfunction Smaller erections (tissue loss of the penis) Testical atrophy Dimished penile sensivity Abnormal ejaculations Subcuteaneous fat loss Sunken black eyes Severely dry skin Pseudogynecomastia (fat deposits on the breasts) Swollen nipples Lessened facial hair growth Eyebrow and eyelash loss Chest hair loss Leg hair loss Diminished pubic hair Muscle fascinations and twitching of the limbs Muscle degradation Fatigue Depression Suicidal ideation It can destroy your masculinity with only a few doses! DO NOT TAKE THE RISK!"

Life ruined (taken for less than 1 month) August 10, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Took finasteride for only 4 days and experienced testicular pain that was unacceptable. Morning wood gone after 2 days and 70% decreased libido. Been a week since I quit now and I still have got an ache in my testicles and lower stomach area, still waiting for it to get better. This drug is extremely potent if you ask me, be careful. I will not be taking this again."

Tryout1 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I've been taking finasteride for 3 months now it works well in shrinking the prostate but has definitely seem to take away my libido, sex drive and my erections are very weak. It is not solid in the morning when you have to go to the bathroom which is normal for guys. I'm thinking that it's not worth taking the pill, it does work on shrinking the prostate, it is just that takes your libido and sex drive away which is very disappointing, very discouraging and sad. I hear different professional opinions some that it will come back when I'm off it and some that I've read it said it may take a very long time for things to get normal"

Big guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 22, 2018

Proscar (finasteride) for : "35-year-old Caucasian male. Took Proscar for a year for hair regrowth (1/4 tab per day because Proscar is covered by health insurance and Propecia is not). Unfortunately it did not do anything and I tried in tandem with Minoxidil, which also did nothing. Furthermore, Proscar (and Propecia) did cause a dull pain in the prostate along with impotence, depression, and decreased semen, so that was the end for me. I really hope the FDA can authorize a pill without side effects that actually works."

Peter (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 13, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I've been using finasteride for 11 years. I was thinning and it was very noticeable back then, now I have a full head of hair. I do use a topical a few times a week with it. No side affects."

JC July 11, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "I tried taking this at two different times, 5 mg, once at 51 years old and again at 53. Both times I took it due to a perceived thought I had a enlarged prostate, and was sold, by doctor, it could help my serious thinning in hair. Well first time I took for about a month and was on a cruise ship. I am in decent shape, and one morning I ran up a couple flights of deck stairs which I done this a million times in the past and wow, could not get my heart to slow down. Normally I recover pretty fast but it took about a minute for my heart to slow down which is a LONG time I felt like having a heart attack. Had another incident while on excursion snorkelling which scared the ....out of me. I stopped the drug and when got home began working out. I did a yearly physical, and sugar was a little high, began treadmill 3 times week. 1 year later decided to give another try for hair loss and perceived BPH, same thing happened"

rocky June 13, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I took 1mg of generic finasteride for 2 weeks. While on the drug I developed severe penile tissue changes, including crooked partial erections, pain after orgasm, loss of morning and spontaneous erections, erectile dysfunction, a more rigid penis and veins protruding. It has completely ruined it. I had no prior medical problems before this. Please do not take this drug, it was the worst mistake of my life."

Vwpack5 (taken for less than 1 month) June 8, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I started taking finasteride 1 mg for the hair loss 3 months ago. I wish I started taking it long time ago. When I first learned about finasteride (aka propecia), of course I started researching about side effects. Impotence and ED were the most scary ones, and I did find many scary reviews over the web. So I decided not to try it out. 10 years later when my hair was visibly thinning, I had no choice but trying it out. I absolutely have no side effects whatsoever. The research shows that less than 2% feel has any sort of side effects, and I am not in that 2% unlucky group. As always, happy customers tell 3 people, and angry customers tell 3000! I wish I started taking this pill 10 years ago."

scenicview (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "This is a awful drug. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS"

Ben S (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "After 6 months of taking Finasteride there has been no decrease in the size of my prostate nor any benefit as to frequency of urination. My sex drive is almost non existent. When I do orgasm nothing comes out. Keeping an erection has become harder. I have experienced tingling in the bottom of my feet resulting in nerves firing in my calves."

PegMaster (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 26, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "This is a wonderful medication and I say don’t hesitate for a second to start taking it. Don’t let negative reviews/ people’s paranoia persuade you not to as I have been taking this medication since Aug 2016 with virtually no side effects. Has this medication solved my hair loss issue 100%? No. But I am beyond grateful for it and it being the closest thing to a miracle drug. In conjunction I’ve been using Rogaine 2x daily, Regenpure shampoos and conditioner daily; all started in 2016 too. I do feel like at points I have random sheds but this may be due to strength training at the gym or high stress. But none the less I still highly recommend. I recently introduced HairMax laser comb which I use about every other day. I had a checkup with my dermo recently and the before and after pics are quite impressive. I did ask her to switch me to dustaride however she wants to continue on my current regime and entertain the idea of switching at a later time."

Josh April 11, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Do not take this drugs. I have been on finasteride for 7 month after having a hair transplant, I’m 42 athletic and eat very healthy. Never ever had a problem with my libido or sexual dysfunction until I took this drag. One month now since I stopped taking it and still dead! This drug should be banned."

Leo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018

Propecia (finasteride) for Androgenetic Alopecia: "Not only has my hair grown back but the dry hard skin on my feet has gone back to soft skin like I had before my 30’s! I think I have a slight increase in irritation and am a little less patient then before taking the medication however it is manageable for the results I am getting."

Stu March 23, 2018

For Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: "This reduced prostate size & killed my sex life dead. Came off the drug 9 months ago, sex has still not returned to normal."

The limp one (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 19, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I thought this stuff was wonderful l now have 4 hairs on my head, 4 inches added to my bustline and a scrotum the size of a mouses - so obviously I now recommend it to all my favorite enemy's"

Bruce March 16, 2018

Propecia (finasteride) for Androgenetic Alopecia: "I started taking Finastride about 6 months ago because of my thinning crown. After a few months I started seeing a difference, My hair looked thicker but my crown is still thin and I'm continuously trying to wave my hair over it. I hope further down the line my crown will get thicker, will stick to it and see how it goes."

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I'll try keep this review as brief as possible. I'm 23 years old from the UK and my hair has been thinning for around three years now. I used minoxidil for around two years before I decided to try Finasteride (1mg). I was on the medication for 7 months before I decided to stop so here my main two summary points. 1) Did it work? Yes and no. Compared to no medication, the rate at which my hair fell out declined by around 70% which was encouraging however in the 7 months that I was on it I did not experience any regrowth. So it was a partial success. 2) Why did I stop? I would of liked to continue for a full 12 months but after 2-3 months on the medication I noticed that my sperm was becoming more and more runny and clear and the amount I produced had declined significantly by month 7. As a young man this is really worrying and I didn't want to take risks with my fertility over my hair line so I decided to stop taking it."

Alex March 11, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I started losing hair fast at my early twenties. I started using Minoxidil 13 years ago and Finasteride 11 years ago. Being a scientist, I experimented with dosage and even stopped taking either of them for a while in order to confirm their effects. My full regime is Minoxidil once a day, at night; Finasteride 1.25mg twice a week, mostly plant based diet (to ensure that I get the full spectrum of nutrition naturally) and moderate exercise. At the age of 44, I have significantly more more hair now than I had when I was 25. I was worried about possible side effects when I started taking Finasteride however I did not observe any."

alang (taken for 10 years or more) March 5, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Let me start off by saying, I was dead against taking it for 5 years. Receded to the point iIwent for a hair transplant 4 years later. (I'm 25 from UK.) The fear mongering on youtube/google is insane, I followed my surgeons advice. I spoke to three different gp’s and they're not for it. 3 months in, no side effects. I'm not saying they don't exist. Touch wood I'm ok in the future. I don't wash out as much hair as I used to. It is tough for me to predict how much its growing as I've used it in conjunction with a hair transplant, minoxidil & laser comb therapy. These are not easy side effects to contemplate about. I feel your frustration reading these reviews from one person saying it destroyed there life to another saying its not as bad as made out. I take finasteride 5mg and cut into fifths to get my 1mg daily which cost me £5 at a pharmacy in the uk. Don’t buy from boots or superdrug! theyre charging a fortune. Until you take the plunge these reviews can only help you so much my friend."

Waqyboy11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2018

Propecia (finasteride) for Androgenetic Alopecia: "I moved to the Philippines about a year ago, and 6 months ago found out the pharmacies sell it over the counter so I bought every box they had. For me I've had no side effects in the 6 months I've been using. Right now I can't tell if it's regrowing hair, but I can say with a 100% certainty that it's all but stopped massive amounts of hair loss everyday. For that reason alone I give it high marks. I'll give propecia a perfect score once I start seeing hair gain. I recommend."

INJAYEM January 29, 2018

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "I'm 31 and in the early stages of thinning at the crown. I began to see good results after 12 weeks despite only taking a half daily dose. No side effects at all. I think there is a lot of negative hysteria about this drug. Having said that, the standard 1mg dose might be stronger than necessary."

Tomtom86 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 19, 2018

Propecia (finasteride) for Androgenetic Alopecia: "Taking finesteride since 5 months...my hair loss rate began to decrease recently...not sure if new hair is growing...hopefully it would.."

Imam uddin November 12, 2017

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "Its not working"

bholonathh September 30, 2017

For Androgenetic Alopecia: "This drug is very dangerous. Post-finasteride syndrome is very real and has destroyed my life along with thousands of others. All 5ar inhibitors need to be banned, they are not safe, period."

pauliopolous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017