User Reviews for Mono-Linyah

Ovarian Cysts 1.0
Summary of Mono-Linyah reviews 4.7 57 reviews

Reviews for Mono-Linyah

rach · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 11, 2020

For Birth Control: “After starting this pill I’ve been experiencing a lot of anxiety and dark thoughts, worse than I’ve experienced in years. It’s made me sooo moody and I don’t feel like myself. After month 2 I started having constant brown spotting/discharge which I’m hoping will go away when I change the prescription. I’ve also started getting hormonal acne which I haven’t had in years. Overall this pill did not work well for me at all and I’ll be switching once I finish my third month.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 8, 2020

For Birth Control: “I had taken Xulane (patch) for a year and wanted to try something different so my doctor prescribed me this pill. Everything was fine for the first 2 weeks but on the start of the third week I ended up passing out for the first time in my life. My anxiety before this pill was manageable and I didn't need medication to function. At the third week point I started having anxiety every day that felt out of control, I couldn't get a hold of myself and had severe chills, tinnitus, headaches, numbness in my hands, and depressive thoughts. If you have any mental health issues no matter how small I would choose another pill. Please don't suffer the way I have”

annie · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 2, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I got on Mono-Linyah to regulate my periods when I was about 16. I took it for 5 years, and those years were the most miserable years of my life so far. I gained a significant amount of weight- nothing could help it, even if I exercised every day and ate right. I cramped 2.5 weeks out of the month. It caused bad mood swings, headaches, and extreme anxiety. It seems like I'm just naming every side effect in the book, but that's how bad this stuff is. I do not recommend this birth control to anyone. The only reason I gave above a 1 is because it regulated my period, but I had extreme consequences for that.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 10, 2020

“Mono-Linyah is absolutely terrible. Worst birth control I’ve EVER taken. Stay away from it. Made me so dizzy, nauseous, made me break out like crazy, made me gain weight, made my period 10 days when my period usually only lasts like 3 days. Screwed up my stomach, gave me so much gas. In all, worst decision I’ve ever made. And it’s only been 3 weeks.”

Flora · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 28, 2020

For Acne: “I have been on 4 different types of birth control pills and Mono-Linyah was the only one that worked for me. It cleared up my skin and caused less breakouts. It didn’t change my sex drive or chase mood swings. When Mono-Linyah ran out of supply in my pharmacy and I got switched over to a generic, I changed back to Mono-Linyah just after a month because the side effects were so bad. Definitely staying with this. Also works great as birth control.”

SadieJane · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 23, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been using this Mono-Linyah birth control pill for over year after my pill (prevefem) was discontinued by the manufacturer. I was reluctant to use this pill as I have had bad experiences taking different pills. Luckily, this pill has been great. No cramps, anxiety, or weight gain, and my period is very normal. The only negative is that I always spot on the second week for 2-3 days. After having horrible experiences with other brands I can live with the spotting.”

Concoo15 · Taken for less than 1 month June 21, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I started taking this med to help control my cycle better. Immediately made me gain weight, noticed increased acne, mood swings, excessive fatigue and severe upset stomach. Within an hour I would go from feeling hungry to nauseous, then it travelled down. I do not recommend this med. All of this just from one week of use.”

Edewan05 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 19, 2020

For Acne: “Cleared up my acne wonderfully—however the reviews saying it makes you gain weight are probably true. I haven’t gained weight, but I also have been making huge efforts to lose weight (working out everyday, counting calories, etc.). However, the scale won’t budge. Before I was taking this specific pill, I was on a different one, weight was coming off at an expected pace, it literally came to a screeching halt when I started taking mono linyah. Again, I haven’t gained weight because I’ve been staying (generally) in a calorie deficit—but if I wasn’t, I could definitely see this aiding weight gain.”

Bee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 16, 2020

For Birth Control: “I have been on Mono-Linyah for a little over a month now and I can give nothing but negatives. I have the worst cystic acne on my chin that I haven’t experienced since I was 15. I’m 21 now and this is ridiculous. I’m constantly nauseous and have bad migraines every week. I’m switching back to my old birth control. This is absolutely horrible. If I were you I’d look for something else before getting this one.”

Queenie101 June 12, 2020

For Acne: “This birth control Momo-Linyah has been absolutely HORRIBLE for my acne. I started taking this when Mononessa was discontinued. I regret taking this pill. My complexion had been cleared thanks to previously taking Yaz/Yasmin but this has messed it up. I have cystic acne and post acne scars. I am now trying to get back on ocella/yas/yasmin to clear up my complexion ...”

Dahlia · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 6, 2020

For Endometriosis: “I have been taking this medication for 4 months now and have been bleeding heavy for 4 months straight with severe cramping. I have been having severe mood swings and increased depression. This was prescribed to help slow down the process of my endometriosis returning and my bleeding has been heavier than before my surgery.”

Matty · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 30, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “From the second I started this pill Mono-Linyah, I had the worst cystic acne I have ever had before. My face was completely broken out in painful acne. I just thought to myself it is probably just the medication adjusting to my body, right? Nope, I was wrong. I continued to have a 9 DAY LONG period. The period was heavy and one of the worst experiences of my life. My acne was so bad during my period my face has scarring from it. At this point, I emailed the doctor who prescribed it to me and she told me I needed to wait longer for the medicine to adjust. I was about a month deep in my pills. Now going forward, I’m still breaking out badly and with cystic acne that is scarring. My periods are still extremely heavily and are lasting more than 7 days. I have tried everything to lighten my period too and nothing has worked. I do not recommend this medication at all. I understand it affects everyone differently, but try to find an alternative before coming to this brand.”

Hal April 16, 2020

For Birth Control: “Before this pill, I had terrible cramps, mood swings, and heavy periods. I went on it at age 15 and almost immediately everything went away. I have been on this pill for 4 years now and my symptoms are coming back a little bit, but not nearly to the extent they were before. I love this brand truly. I was switched to sprintec for a week because I switched to a pharmacy that didn’t carry mono linyah. The week that I was off of this and on sprintec I had a panic attack inside of a CVS when I started thinking about how I hated sprintec, I screamed at the pharmacist and had to leave the store. I called the pharmacist after to apologize and then switched back to my old pharmacy and went back on Mono Linyah. This brand really works for me and has given me little to no problems.”

Riri · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “I got a blood clot from this birth control on the first pack. They say it's rare but it's actually not! Please do your research and get a blood test on your hormone levels before starting a combination pill.”

Anonymous April 5, 2020

For Birth Control: “I was originally on a different pill, but my insurance wouldn’t cover the name brand, so I was switched to Mono-linyah. The first month I took this, I suffered from painful cramps, and mood swings. I attributed these to switching birth control, and after the first month they went away. I continued using this pill for a year with little side effects, and a lighter, shorter period, yay! But after a year, all the benefits stopped. My acne has exploded! My hair is thinning and falling out. I bleed randomly between periods, and during my regular period I experience horrible cramps and really heavy bleeding. I started experiencing abnormal levels of anxiety and panic attacks, and I slipped into a really dark depressive state for 2-3 months. The only reason I’m still taking this pill is because it does its job in the sense that it prevents pregnancy. I will be seeing a doctor soon to switch.”

Julie · Taken for less than 1 month April 4, 2020

For Birth Control: “I’ve been on this pill for about 5 days. Previous to this I’ve been on various types of birth control but I’ve never had side effects like this. It has given me such bad stomach pains and nausea that I’m currently sitting in a hot bath at 5 am because I got desperate to feel better and I couldn’t sleep. Birth controls definitely have different effects on different people so don’t let this turn you off, just be careful.”

Wow · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 25, 2020

For Birth Control: “I took this birth control to clear my acne. It worked wonders in no time at all I saw wonderful results! I was on it for about 2 years and only took it at night between 9-11pm to cut down on the anxiety side effects. While using this pill I gained about 25lbs & got pregnant!!! I will never use this pill again!”

Mickey · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 21, 2020

For Birth Control: “I got on this pill at 18 because I had acne and I also needed protection. It was GREAT for the first couple of years. Now I’m 22 and I’m starting to get worse PMS symptoms; I cry and fight, my flow is heavier and I cramp worse. Also, I bleed a whole day longer now. I definitely don’t have as bad of acne as I did when I needed to treat it at 18, but I still get acne regularly. However, I’ve never been pregnant so it has done its job well. It’s definitely time to switch to an IUD, I need less hormones.”

Babygirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 13, 2020

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: “I have been on this pill for about four months. My periods are regular now. Also my sex drive has increased. But The first month on this pill my whole face broke with acne.( I’m still treating the breakouts) I also became very depressed in the first two months. Sometime when I eat I get nausea, so I have to stop. Also my skin has become itchy and my hair is shedding a lot. And my periods are still moderately heavy. In my case I have more negatives than positives, so I will be switching.”

Soni · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 12, 2020

For Birth Control: “I've been on birth control since I was 14 because of horrible periods and cramps, and have tried a lot of different pills. I am now 22 and have been on mono-linyah for a few years now. At first, the pill was a godsend as I was experiencing a lot of acne on Sprintec, and this pill cleared it up. However, I feel like as I get older I'm beginning to experience a lot more PMS. I cry, get mad and feel overall depressed and low during placebo week. My periods have gotten super heavy and my cramps are back with a vengeance. This pill worked for me when I was younger, but now that I'm getting older it seems to be working less effectively.”

badstuff January 9, 2020

For Ovarian Cysts: “This stuff Mono-Linyah messed me up. I've been taking it for at least 5 months. I have PCOS. My periods were fine; light, regular, no cramping. It seemed to be helping my mood then out of nowhere I started having panic attacks. I have been diagnosed with generalized anxiety in the past and have had anxiety attacks but never pure panic that lasted an entire day much less an entire month. I also have had some personal things that could warrant anxiety but not to this extreme. The entire month of December was a nightmare. I couldn't take deep breaths, I couldn't eat, I was nauseated all the time, felt like I was on a constant roller coaster. I thought it was just the holidays and once they were over, I'd feel better and I did start feeling better but then one night, I had a huge panic attack again. What changed? I thought I was getting better. Then it hit me, I had just started the new month over. I quit the next day. It's taken 6 days to feel even sort of better.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 16, 2019

For Birth Control: “Mono-Linyah is a great birth control. I’ve been trying different pills or 10 years and this is the one that has lasted the longest with literally no side effects. The severely negative comments seem when starting birth control when you deal with the side effects of increasing hormones. This is a great pill and I always recommend it.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 10, 2019

For Birth Control: “I have hardly anything negative to say. It stopped my period (which has been a blessing) it’s been an overall pleasant experience. The only downside for me has been the anxiety. But overall definitely not a bad pill.”

Gigi97 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 7, 2019

For Birth Control: “Never experienced and bad side effects from Mono-Linyah and tada I’m not pregnant. Ladies remember that not all hormonal birth controls will work the same for everyone so don’t take the severely negative comments to strongly”

Lecie · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 14, 2019

For Ovarian Cysts: “Ive been on Mono-Linyah for a month and have experienced the worst pain where my cesarean scar is. I became prone to cysts by having the IUD back in 07 and now taking this brought them back. Having cysts from this birth control is rare. Hurray me! Not.”