User Reviews for Flolan to treat Pulmonary Hypertension

Reviews for Flolan

Anonymous December 1, 2011

“I was given Flolan after a major heart attack and bypass surgery. In the ICU for a month my vitals were failing and lung function continued to decrease. As a last resort Flolan was given (on a ventilator this entire month). Within 24 hrs my blood oxygen was near normal and I was soon off the ventilator. Without this medicine I would have surely died.”

ihavePH April 12, 2011

“Flolan is great as a cure alone, I felt the best while taking Flolan. Although sometimes the cure is worse than the disease. Flolan comes with a lot of problems. It is tedious and cumbersome, it is given intravenously over 24 hours and that in itself is a major disadvantage. It requires a pump that feeds the medicine all day all night. The pouches that contain the medicine must be replaced every night and a spare must be carried on the patient at all times. They must be kept on ice to retain the effectiveness of the medicine. Flolan also has a short shelf life requiring that every night you switch pouches you must mix the solution for another pouch by hand. ”