User Reviews for Lovenox to treat Deep Vein Thrombosis

Lovenox has an average rating of 9.1 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis. 100% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Lovenox Rating Summary

9.1/10 average rating

Compare all 69 medications used in the treatment of Deep Vein Thrombosis.

Terry Wade November 1, 2009

“I have been on Lovenox since June 1996, after two Pulmonary Embolisms. On Coumadin. I draw from 300ml vials twice a day using 31 guage needles from B-D. Using the pre-filled needles are too large. Inject very slow reduces bruising at the injection site. I inject my legs as well as my belly and rotate around to reduce sore spots.”

Anonymous September 3, 2009

“Overall, this medicine got me out of the hospital in one day with a large clot in my calf. Much better than the IV drip option. Shots in stomach aren't too bad if you go slow...let the medicine work its way in slowly. I did experience small bruising at each shot location, and significant abdominal muscle pain. The muscle pain was a unique side effect from all the sites I searched, but I was very careful not to inject into a muscle.”

Anonymous December 24, 2011

“It is the only medicine that I can take to assist with the fighting of DVT for me. Don't care for sticking myself everyday, although it is keeping me alive. I have tried Coumadin and Praxada, but with both became severely ill, so the only choice was Lovenox. Am looking for the option of going back to a pill or some other treatment one day, instead of injections. ”

kfo9494 · Taken for less than 1 month February 22, 2020

“Was the only drug that would thin my blood well enough to get out of hospital. Was not thrilled about giving myself shots but it beats staying in hospital. The site of injection does bruise but I had no, too little, pain. And odd thing about the drug is that after injection there is no pain but wait a few seconds and you feel a slight burning sensation. Still on the medication and other than headaches, I have no side effects. Was glad to give myself the injections in order to leave the hospital.”

waltbi August 3, 2016

“Excellent!! The PCP tried to switch me to tabs and will insist this as I have medicare (A&B) as well as medicaid. What is it that the PCP is insisting on alternatives to Lovenox? PLEASE respond? I have a MA in economics and have taken undergrad. Anatomy & Phys. in addition to a course in pharmocology.”

Anonymous July 6, 2009

“I have been on this since 1995. It has been great for me, with no problems.”

phantomjetpilot · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2013

“Works great for deep vein thrombosis! However, I always experience heavy bruising at the injection site.”

Pete Noe June 26, 2010

“I found this medication to be very effective, however extremely expensive. My hospital charged $589.00 per injection! ”

Anonymous July 10, 2012

“Pain with the injection”

Learn more about Deep Vein Thrombosis