User Reviews for Blistex Lip Balm

Dry Skin
1.6

Reviews for Blistex Lip Balm

tropicalgirl19 · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2021

For Dry Skin: “Only 2 days I used Blistex lip medic and my lips felt raw, was swollen and hurts like it was cracking. This was very rare since it never happened to me before. The products in this item must be reviewed or removed from the market!”

Christine April 8, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I have used Blistex for years and never had a problem. I tried the Orange Mango blast and ended up having to go to a dermatologist because it just kept getting worse. I had no idea what had caused it, but when I started using the lip balm again about a month later I had the same issue: swollen, itchy, burning lips. I will never use this again,, and it should be taken off the market!”

Murdoch · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2021

For Dry Skin: “Only used it 2 days and my lips are burned, swollen and feel raw making eating and drinking hard to do.”

Ceesta · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 16, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I’ve used Raspberry Lemonade Blistex for a year now with no problem. Two months ago I developed raw skin around my lips (on my skin) plus chapped lips. They cracked and burned for three weeks. I didn’t make the connection to the blistex as I was also using other lip balms. I finally stopped all products and they healed in a week. Just today I applied the raspberry blistex and in one hour I had bright red skin around my mouth. I found my allergy trigger! I love the taste and I’m pretty bummed. I’m curious to know which ingredient is giving me the reaction in case it’s in other products.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I had been using Blistex lip conditioning serum and my lips had become extremely dry, so I continued to put more and more on, not even considering that the Blistex was causing the problem. My lips became swollen and burned. My lips now look very dark like they have been burned. After reading all of the issues other people have been experiencing with this product, how is this company still allowed to sell this product? I’m so incredibly disappointed and in pain. This product is trash and it has been thrown in the trash where it belongs. I will never ever buy this product again and will tell everyone I know to don’t bother.”

Leti · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2019

For Dry Skin: “The same experience everyone having, I was worried there for a minute because I couldn't find no answers to why I was getting the same issues some of this ladies had. There is something in this product that is making us be allergic to this product, yes it dried out my lips so bad, yes they got red, swollen and like whatever chemical is in this lip balm is no good, I'm still recovering from burnt lips, this product needs to be removed immediately of every store that sells thus awful product”

Mhutton60 November 7, 2019

For Dry Skin: “My daughter used the orange mango smoothie lip balm last night and her lips are twice their normal size. They are itchy and painful. She has either had an allergic reaction or there is something seriously wrong with this product - having just now read all of these comments about allergic reactions. Blistex needs to pull these off the shelf and investigate what ingredient they used that is causing so many reactions. Don’t use this product.”

NotHappy September 23, 2019

For Dry Skin: “After a few hours of using this product (Blistex Fruit Smoothie Strawberry Coconut) my lips were burning, red, and swollen. Haven't used this product in almost 24 hours and it is still swollen, sore, red and burning. Do not buy this product.”

Cin · Taken for less than 1 month August 29, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I bought a set of 3 fruit smoothies Blistex lip balms. At work I ran out of my Burt’s Bees and pulled these guys out. I have been using them at work for 3-4 days and couldn’t figure out why my lips hurt, were scaley, swollen, and really burning (where my lip meets the inside of my mouth) then figured out this is the only new thing I have done different. No outdoor time, no new foods, or new face lotions. And even only using them 6 hours a day (then other kinds at home) they have totally blown up my lips! I read these reviews and it confirmed my suspicions! Just don't use these! Yikes!”

Mahill · Taken for less than 1 month November 19, 2019

For Dry Skin: “Within minutes of using the strawberry coconut blistex lip balm, my lips were itching and starting to swell. Hours later, they are puffed up and burning. Really painful. With so many negative reviews, this product should be pulled from shelves.”

Alee February 7, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I bought Blistex orange mango blast while going into work because it was on sale for $1.99 and now I guess I know why... I used this product at work about 2 times over 3 hours and my lips started to burn and turned bright red I put some ice on them and nothing, now this morning I woke up with lips that are super swollen and hives at the bottom! I’m very angry that this has happened to so many people and you can still buy this product”

Notbotox · Taken for less than 1 month July 18, 2019

For Dry Skin: “Used orange mango spf15 Blistex and it made my lips red, swollen, itchy and burning sensation. Felt like I had Botox or something, lips were big than normal. And all I wanted was to prevent dry chapped lips, instead I got Botox looking lips. Going on day 3 and they’re still the same!! Horrible product!! I didn’t expect this outcome! DO NOT BUT!! Shame on Blistex for not fully researching the effects of this product!!”

elephant · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Last night I used the Raspberry Lemonade Blistex as a chapstick and when I woke up the next morning, my lips felt very itchy. There were bumps on my lips and it was red. I had a rash like it last year, but I realized it wasn't the same thing. I took Claritin hoping to make it better because everyone says to use an antihistamine. I hope this helps!!!”

Annie February 13, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I purchased the Blistex strawberry coconut lip smoothies as a part of a 3 pack. After using it my lips turned bright red, burn, are hot to touch, itchy, and very swollen. I’ve put ice on them but it’s been two days and hasn’t gotten any better. The other scents/flavors in the pack didn’t give me this reaction. I really think there is something wrong because this is the second time this happened after using the strawberry one.”

Rocky · Taken for less than 1 month March 21, 2020

For Dry Skin: “All the comments are true. I used it for the first time about a year ago and my lips were swollen and hot. I threw them out. I decided to purchase a 3 pack again in another State and within 2 days my lips were feeling the same. However this time I looked it up and found all of these posts. IS THERE A RECALL? It should be pulled off the shelves! Don’t buy it!!!”

Samantha · Taken for less than 1 month October 22, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I used the Blistex fruit smoothies strawberry coconut chapstick last night and woke up with red itchy swollen lips. This has happened to me before and I thought maybe something was going on with me went to urgent care because my lips were swollen for almost a week and they hurt. Couldn’t find anything wrong with me. Here after last night and remembering I used this chapstick I go and check to see if anyone has ever had a reaction to it and I see all these reviews with people experiencing the same issue. Why is this still being sold in the stores?? My throat was itchy as well. I would not recommend this brand to anyone.”

Deb · Taken for less than 1 month January 16, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I opened a new tube of the Blistex Fruit Smoothies on Sunday. I have gotten up the last 3 days with extremely swollen, red, burning lips. I'm not sure which ingredient is the problem. I have used Blistex products for years with no side affects. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE BLISTEX FRUIT SMOOTHIES!!”

Tigs December 30, 2019

For Dry Skin: “My lips were very dry so thought your product would relieve my discomfort. I used it every hour as recommended and woke next morning with 2 fat lips and a very sore mouth. So disappointed as trusted the manufacturers !”

EMT Deb · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 2, 2020

For Dry Skin: “Being in the medical profession, I’m of course always the worst trying to self diagnose lol. Off and on I’ve used the Blistex smoothies since about August/September last year. Since my lips seem to always get dry the older I get I always have some brand near by. This bout of swollen, burning lips got me really upset. I seem to get them at least once every couple weeks since last year. Started looking at ingredients of the stik in front of me (Strawberry Coconut)and saw these side affects and comments from others! OMG how is this still being sold! Thank God I found out thought I was having burning mouth syndrome. In the trash all of them including medicated ones!!!”

BabyMonster · Taken for less than 1 month January 18, 2019

For Dry Skin: “I ran out of my Carmex and I was at the store. I picked up Blistex strawberry lemonade chapstick on Tuesday. I used it and I woke up in the middle of the night with tingly, burning of my lips. When I looked in the mirror, my lips were so red and swollen! It's been 4 days and they're still burning, tingling, and swollen! Don't buy it! And if you have it, throw it away!”

Ouch · Taken for less than 1 month August 17, 2020

“I wish I had read or heard about these reviews before I made the mistake of purchasing some Blistex. 15 minutes after using, my lips were itchy and red. I woke up with them super swollen and burning, which lasted for well over 24 hours. It hurt!”

Sam · Taken for less than 1 month June 27, 2019

For Dry Skin: “Bought the strawberry coconut smoothie lip balm from Blistex and when I applied it to my lips, it immediately started to burn, itch, and lips were very swollen, I wanted to rip my lips off my face!! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!!!!”

murphysmom2shaw.ca · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2017

For Dry Skin: “Two days ago I purchased a Blistex tube called orange mango blast. It smells great however has caused my lips to swell and burn. Normally I use the mint Blistex and never experience anything like this. Medicinal ingredients are different. Is that the cause of the swelling?”

Tin · Taken for less than 1 month April 7, 2020

For Dry Skin: “I used Blistex last week I used the strawberry coconut last week my lips it’s swollen up so bad and today I use it again the next two hour my lip was on fire and get so big I will not recommend it and I want to go see doctor now coz my lips it swollen so bad. I’m so mad now”

Susie · Taken for less than 1 month March 12, 2020

“Two old lip balms by Blistex - one strawberry flavour (red) and one natural (blue) - caused lip stinging, swelling and peeling three times in me, a 68 year old healthy woman. When I worked out what probably caused it, I threw them away. The blue one had no list of ingredients. The red one listed its ingredients. My lips calmed down with vaseline aka petroleum jelly.”

Anna · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2018

For Dry Skin: “So I ran out of my normal chapstick and so I grabbed this one because I figured its medicated so it must be good and after using it for a few days my lips got SUPER swollen and red and itchy and burning and very, very painful. It's been a few days and the symptoms haven't gone down at all. I am considering calling my doctor. DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT”

Jmc · Taken for less than 1 month February 25, 2021

For Dry Skin: “I applied raspberry lemonade blistex and my lips started burning and within a few hours I developed blisters under my lip and my lips were swollen. I must be allergic to an ingredient in this type of blistex because the plain liquid type has never caused a reaction.”

tippy toppy February 1, 2018

For Dry Skin: “I bought this same lip balm Blistex Orange Mango Blast and my lips swelled up and now they are bumpy, scaly and burning!!! I have been putting plain vaseline on my lips because they are so dry and chapped, I believe it was this lip balm because I have had no other problems before using this product!!!”

More about Blistex Lip Balm (emollients topical)

Other brands