User Reviews for Biafine

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Biafine.

Dry Skin
9.9

Not Listed / Other

1 review
Summary of Biafine reviews 9.9 8 reviews

Reviews for Biafine

For Dry Skin "I was dismissed after 35 radiation treatments on my left lower leg with a huge gaping wound. ( Severe radiation burn. About nine inches long, four inches wide and probably a half inch deep on top of left lower leg) The radiation doctor told me to put Aquaphor on the enormous wound. What a joke. Aquaphor did absolutely nothing to help the wound. (My leg had been treated after surgery to remove a sarcoma) Went straight home to my computer and looked up “heal radiation burns” on Amazon. Found Biafine immediately. It completely healed that big wound in one week. AMAZING."

BrendaJHuie44 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dry Skin "Had 2nd degree burns on face from overheated, exploding coffee."

Wendy31850 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dry Skin "Biafine was awesome at treating my dry skin areas of my elbows, knees, and feet. I live in an area where it is cold most of the time and my skin gets super dry in the winter. Biafine treated the dryness and helped my skin heal up good."

no more dry skin (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dry Skin "I used it during radiation therapy. It was wonderful. Prevented burn, was not greasy and absorbed so quickly into the skin could dress right after application without ruining clothes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2014

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dry Skin "I got a tattoo on my lower leg. An area of it that was directly over my shin bone became an open wound after the skin peeled off. My derm gave me samples of Biafine and told me to apply it twice daily. I am amazed at the healing after only 3 days of application! The cream soothes the pain and promotes healing rapidly! I think whoever invented it should receive an award as I have never had such a rapid and significant response to a medication. I highly recommend it.....ask your derm about it. ( P.S.- I am an RN with 35 years of experience.)"

adriennebowman (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dry Skin "I had two facial skin biopsies performed by a dermatologist who gave me several packets of Polysporin to aid in wound healing. I had a horrible reaction to this salve (itching, redness, draining). I went back to this doctor who looked at the wounds and told me I had an allergic reaction, discontinue it, and substitute with Vaseline. After several days of using Vaseline this also didn't help at all, I went to another dermatologist who examined my wounds and gave me two sample tubes of Biafine. Within two days I was sooooooooo much better. Redness, itching and wound weeping were down considerably. I firmly believe that if I had Biafine right away, I would not have suffered as I did."

glorya14 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am an RN and used Biafine on a number of conditions, 1st and 2nd degree burns are my favorite, because it decreases the pain tenfold. I have seen Biafine heal pressure sores that previously nothing helped and I have personally put it on things like cuts that should have taken weeks to heal and they would be completely healed in a matter of days."

Anonymous September 28, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dry Skin "I had a dry spot just above my lip on the right side. After using biafine for two weeks it has cleared away."

Anonymous June 24, 2010

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Biafine (emollients topical)

Other brands: Eucerin, Aquaphor, CeraVe, Cetaphil Lotion, ... +60 more