User Reviews for Biafine

Biafine Rating Summary

9.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 115 medications used in the treatment of Dry Skin.

Reviews for Biafine to treat Dry Skin

"I was dismissed after 35 radiation treatments on my left lower leg with a huge gaping wound. ( Severe radiation burn. About nine inches long, four inches wide and probably a half inch deep on top of left lower leg) The radiation doctor told me to put Aquaphor on the enormous wound. What a joke. Aquaphor did absolutely nothing to help the wound. (My leg had been treated after surgery to remove a sarcoma) Went straight home to my computer and looked up “heal radiation burns” on Amazon. Found Biafine immediately. It completely healed that big wound in one week. AMAZING."

BrendaJHuie44 (taken for less than 1 month) November 20, 2017

"Had 2nd degree burns on face from overheated, exploding coffee."

Wendy31850 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2015

"Biafine was awesome at treating my dry skin areas of my elbows, knees, and feet. I live in an area where it is cold most of the time and my skin gets super dry in the winter. Biafine treated the dryness and helped my skin heal up good."

no more dry skin (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2015

"I used it during radiation therapy. It was wonderful. Prevented burn, was not greasy and absorbed so quickly into the skin could dress right after application without ruining clothes."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2014

"I got a tattoo on my lower leg. An area of it that was directly over my shin bone became an open wound after the skin peeled off. My derm gave me samples of Biafine and told me to apply it twice daily. I am amazed at the healing after only 3 days of application! The cream soothes the pain and promotes healing rapidly! I think whoever invented it should receive an award as I have never had such a rapid and significant response to a medication. I highly recommend it.....ask your derm about it. ( P.S.- I am an RN with 35 years of experience.)"

adriennebowman (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2012

"I had two facial skin biopsies performed by a dermatologist who gave me several packets of Polysporin to aid in wound healing. I had a horrible reaction to this salve (itching, redness, draining). I went back to this doctor who looked at the wounds and told me I had an allergic reaction, discontinue it, and substitute with Vaseline. After several days of using Vaseline this also didn't help at all, I went to another dermatologist who examined my wounds and gave me two sample tubes of Biafine. Within two days I was sooooooooo much better. Redness, itching and wound weeping were down considerably. I firmly believe that if I had Biafine right away, I would not have suffered as I did."

glorya14 (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2012

"I had a dry spot just above my lip on the right side. After using biafine for two weeks it has cleared away."

Anonymous June 24, 2010

Learn more about Dry Skin

More about Biafine (emollients topical)

Other brands: Eucerin, Aquaphor, Cetaphil Lotion, EpiCeram, ... +48 more