User Reviews for Coal tar topical

Also known as: Eczema Cream, Psoriasin, Anti-Dandruff, Denorex Therapeutic Protection, Ionil T, MG217 Psoriasis, Neutrogena T/Gel, Betatar Gel, Therapeutic, Neutrogena T/Gel Extra Strength, Oxipor VHC, Doak Tar Oil, Neutrogena T/Derm, Psoriatar, Doctar, Cutar, Elta Tar, Exorex, Clinitar, Alphosyl, Alphosyl 2 in 1, Carbo-Dome, Coal Tar Strong, Doak Oil Forte, Amcal Anti Itch Bath Solution, Apha Keri Tar, Exorex Penetrating Emulsion Psoriasis Medication, Apha Keri Tar Gel, Resolve Itch Cleansing Gel MG217 Medicated Tar Fototar Medotar Doak Tar PC Tar Tarsum Scytera G-TAR DHS Tar Shampoo Estar Balnetar Theraplex T …show all brand names

Coal tar topical has an average rating of 8.1 out of 10 from a total of 21 ratings on Drugs.com. 80% of those users who reviewed Coal tar topical reported a positive effect, while 10% reported a negative effect.

Dermatitis   8.3
Psoriasis   8.1
Seborrheic Dermatitis   7.0
Summary of Coal tar topical reviews 8.1 21 reviews

Reviews for Coal tar topical

Me · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 21, 2021

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “This product is amazing I have psoriasis on my hand and feet .. I used this ointment for a year now and I can’t live without it ... it really helps controlling flare ups. It is greasy and smells bad, and when I wear my white socks they become yellow because of the product .. but it doesn’t matter.”

Bou · Taken for less than 1 month September 25, 2020

For Psoriasis: “My scalp was covered in white or yellow scabs and the scalp was very easily damaged by the slightest blow. The scabs would leave a non healing area if accidentally knocked off ( there is little or no hair !) Also this country doesn't really have a single dermatologist and very few drugs. After months of OTC steroid cream with little result, I brought some Psoriasin in from Amazon. Within 3 weeks my scalp is close to normal! BestOTC drug I ever used”

mastool · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 21, 2019

For Psoriasis: “20 years psoriasis sufferer. The last few years took biologicals and that eliminated all the ointments or lotions as supplements. But while taking coal tar in shampoo form or skin lotion use caution. My personal experience it didn't help much but poor maintenance in sun exposure left me with scars and skin burns til this day.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 26, 2019

Ionil T (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I use this in the shampoo form for scalp psoriasis and it is the only thing that was ever effective. It almost eliminates flaking and itchiness after just one use, leaving on the hair and scalp for five minutes or more and after using it a few days in a row and you can just use it once or twice a week to maintain a clear scalp. I did not experience any adverse side effects while using this product, and I do color my hair on a regular basis.”

Kali · Taken for less than 1 month April 9, 2019

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I believed that I had psoriasis and purchased Psoriasin for relief. The next day after application, I had blister everywhere and immediately discontinued using it. I consulted a Dermatologist and am waiting for results.”

BigD March 19, 2019

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “Ok its been 4 days now since I started using Psoriasin ointment on my psoriasis and it works, the smaller spots are already gone and the bigger spots are getting smaller. Good stuff, highly recommend”

Ray · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 28, 2018

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “Had psoriasis on my elbows and knees. Tried $150 tar creams. Smelly but didn't help. I would scratch and bleed and had some on my scalp. It has been a few year since reoccurrence. Very good product but can't seem to find the liquid kind”

lucky_star August 19, 2017

Cutar (coal tar) for Seborrheic Dermatitis: “First impression: Just got recommended this by the dermatologist and used it tonight. So far it seems fine, just annoying to apply as a lotion on my scalp since my hair is thick and my seb. derm. is all over in different places on my head it took like 20 minutes. I might use it as a rinse depending if I got in on all the way or not by applying it as a lotion. It definitely calms the itching but feels a little stingy which is common and normal I just have to adjust to it. The smell is not really noticeable it smells a lot better than Tgel. It feels more like a oil than a lotion. We will see if this works! Fingers crossed in the mean time I'll hide in my french beret hat hoping that my head will clear up.”

Keoni Jr. May 31, 2017

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Dermatitis: “Will not stop itching, it is not meant to. What it does very well is to keep the skin medicated/lubricated so that it does not itch due to dryness alone. I had used similar meds in the 50's for childhood eczema, which is why I went to it again 60+ years later. I have yet to find something which will effectively stop itching for anything but a few minutes without deleterious effects.”

Jenjen6394728899 November 10, 2016

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I LOVE this product. I'm 27 and psoriasis just flared up for the first time ever! I hadn't seen a derm yet but was hoing to if this product didnt work. I used it 4x a day for about 2 weeks n it is gone!!! I ran out but will b getting more to keep applying so it stays away. It does burn a lil w open sores, but goes away quickly. The smell could b better but w these results, idc”

howardk · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 19, 2016

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I have suffered psorasis on my legs in particular and on my trunk in various places for more than a decade. I was prescribed Daivobet with no real results...useless really. Whilst on vacation in the US I picked up some ointment from a Drug Store. I thought I may as well give it a go. This product is amazing. Within a few days there was a huge improvement and after 6 months my psoriasis is almost gone....I cannot believe it after having the ugly sores for such a long time. Highly recommended. My doctor tells me it is "old school treatment"...I don't care....it works!! I wish it was available over the counter in Australia.”

Stacy P. · Taken for 10 years or more June 8, 2016

For Dermatitis: “I've suffered from eczema since I was born. No plastic diaper cover etc. Born in 1960 doc's did a lot of odd treatments that didn't work. Finally, in mid 70's it went to my feet. My heels cracked also between the toes. The cracks were often over 1/2" deep, bled, & never closed. Of course the doctors declared that it was athlete's foot! I had to put a OTC solution that has alcohol as #1 ingredient! I couldn't walk in the mornings, bled on things, & was tortured by athlete's foot meds for years! Finally I was diagnosed with eczema & allergic to most trees, grasses, weeds, soaps, perfumes etc. Zinc oxide on the feet wrapped in a sock & plastic bag almost "cured" the cracks. Coal tar topical shampoos & face really helped too!”

shvaji January 20, 2016

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “Knowing coal tar based products as most recommended I tried PsoriasinGel .75 gr pack with 1.25% coaltar- my skin got so dry it looked like a coat of gray paint- DID NOT RELIEVE ITCH at all - shall be happy to give this to someone for whom it may work - but cannot recommend based on my experience”

Anonymous November 27, 2015

Scytera (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I have just about tried everything to get rid of my Psorisis which I've had for 30 years progressively getting worse & have spent thousands of dollars on treatments with no success. After using scytera foam twice a day for 2 weeks then once a day for 2 weeks it has gone & not returned I was covered from my hair to my toes & everywhere in between. I can't believe the success I've had with this product. Thank you to the person that put it on the market my life is so much better now. I have had no side affects at all”

"G" · Taken for less than 1 month October 14, 2015

MG217 Medicated Tar (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “Suffered for over 5 years with this rash on the soles of my feet, mine has the blisters, scaling, unbearable itching, redness, inflammation. Nothing worked till I found the MG217 coal tar gel...this worked immediately!! Got instant relief and the rash is now clearing up! 5 YEARS!!!! So glad I heard about this product, I tried everything else!”

california kid · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2014

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I have psoriasis only on both of my palms. I used Psoriasin gel for the first time last night...saw and felt immediate relief. I can only imagine what a day or monitored continuous use will bring! Thank you PSORIASIN!”

Anonymous April 19, 2012

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I am so thrilled and relieved! 2-3 months ago I started having a reaction on the palms of my hands and it quickly turned into a red itchy rash with nasty flaky, scaly skin and I had no idea what it was. I shake hands with people frequently at work and all I think is if I saw a hand like that I wouldn't want to shake it! I've tried all kinds of creams with no results. Then 2 days ago I found this and the picture on the packaging looked like my hand so I bought it. And you know what?.. Just 2 days later and I am seeing AMAZING results! Its not completely gone yet but it looks and feels so much better after just 2 days. I never do these reviews but I am so happy I just had to find a place to tell others!”

Anonymous July 4, 2011

Cutar (coal tar) for Dermatitis: “Prescribed by my daughter's dermatologist when she was 3 years old. Cutar is used as bath soak and it has made her skin less irritated. She is now six, she still has eczema and we use intermittently throughout the year due to the warnings.”

Anonymous December 14, 2010

For Psoriasis: “I had psoriasis for years on my feet. I was prescribed tons of stuff but it never worked then my foot doctor prescribed me coal tar. It not only got rid of my redness and itchiness in weeks but it didn't come back. It's now been 3 yrs since my last breakout.”

Anonymous February 17, 2010

MG217 Medicated Tar (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “works great...starts working right away and doesn't stain.”

Anonymous June 22, 2009

Psoriasin (coal tar) for Psoriasis: “I have been using this product for about four months. There are no side affects that I can see. It's easy to use, just put a small amount on and it will go a long way and the more you massage it into your skin it seems to help more. The only bad thing is that it is oily. So its best to let it seep into your pores.”