User Reviews for Acitretin

Also known as: Soriatane, Soriatane CK

Learn more about Acitretin.

Psoriasis 10 reviews 313 medications

6.8
Summary of Acitretin reviews 10 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Acitretin

Soriatane (acitretin) for Psoriasis: "Was born with a skin condition initially diagnosed as PRP but a 2nd biopsy years later (at age 60) said it was psoriasis. 95% coverage and when untreated very bad including cracking bleeding and skin cancers. Dr's tried everything. Was placed on a new drug, Acitretin, when in my 20's. Later it was branded as Soriatain and the cost increased and kept increasing each year. Dosage was 25mg daily. No real side affects except I couldn't drink alcohol (it neutralizes the drug). I also use Medco's Aquaphilic Ointment and Alpha Keri bath oil. Worked great although never cleared completely. Insurance cap too high so had to go off it. Note for new users: Flares for a few weeks before taking full affect, (works from inside out). Give it time."

Unca P (taken for 10 years or more) November 6, 2016

For Psoriasis: "During first 3 months I didn't notice any change in my warts. But after that within six months warts disappeared as if they weren't there for years. My warts were in my both hands and legs for atleast 17 years. After using aceterin it went away completely."

Rabin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 25, 2016

For Psoriasis: "It works very fast."

R shrma January 26, 2016

Soriatane (acitretin) for Psoriasis: "I have been on Soriatane for about a year. It has done wonders for my condition. I was on 25 mg per day and the derm changed it to 25mg everyother day and 10mg on opposite days. This has shown very little change but a VERY tiny bit is now noticeable. I have had absolutely ZERO side effects. Overall, I'm thoroughly happy with it!"

Crumby July 14, 2015

Soriatane (acitretin) for Psoriasis: "All my muscles and joints got stiff 2 weeks after taking it and I never went back to feeling normal, always stiff and achy."

shot to hell (taken for less than 1 month) January 9, 2015

For Psoriasis: "I am a physician; I took acitretin as prescribed for plaque psoriasis. After about 3-4 weeks I started to feel very unwell - weak, tired, unable to cope with minor slopes (I have trekked in the Himalayas, Yosemite, Highlands of Scotland, etc). I was not drinking alcohol at all - not for four months before or after. Acitretin was discontinued and the adverse effects reported (yellow card) to the UK regulatory body. The malaise and weakness persisted after stopping the medicine but gradually resolved over a 12 month period. "

Bill in the UK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2014

Soriatane (acitretin) for Psoriasis: "I took Soriatane for about four months until my hair started falling out. Although, Soriatane cleared 80% my moderate Psoriasis, I did not want to lose more hair. While taking Soriatane my lips became very dry and cracked, peeling skin on feet and loss of hair. It was effective in clearing the Psoriasis."

Desert Flower (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 1, 2013

Soriatane (acitretin) for Psoriasis: "After contracting a rare form of cancer called Merkel cell, after taking an immune system suppressing medicine, I used Soriatane with great results. My psoriasis was completely clear while on this. After about 1 year, my dermatologist took me off the medicine stating that my liver could be affected if I stayed on it long term. He said my liver converted the Soritane to some form of chemical that was harmful to the liver. "

patchey (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 8, 2013

Soriatane (acitretin) for Psoriasis: "Soriatane certainly helps with the psoriasis, but I'm not sure the side effects are worth it. I've got 2 infected ingrown toenails because the skin on my toes are so soft it laps over and causes the toenails to be ingrown and then infected. I've lost a lot of hair. My fingernails peel and break. I have this plastic like coating in my mouth that nothing gets rid of. There's got to be a better way!"

Shelly L January 8, 2010

Soriatane (acitretin) for Psoriasis: "I used Soriatane for about 9 months and had to stop using it because I lost my insurance, but after those 9 months I went about 2 1/2 years until my psoriasis started coming back. So if your insurance will cover it I would highly recommend this medicine to anyone."

it_worked_for_me August 16, 2009