User Reviews for Klonopin (Page 3)

Learn more about Klonopin.

Klonopin Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 188 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Klonopin to treat Anxiety

"I switched to Klonopin from Xanax and Doxepin because Klonopin is not addictive and had no side effect. Could not drive for months my new car, but when Klonopin was added to Zoloft I was able to drive and deal with every day routine as a normal person."

Magdoula October 27, 2015

"klonopin was fast-acting and highly-effective for my anxiety. Be aware though! Very bad experiences developed on the few occasions I couldn't get a refill. The withdraw is immediate and the world literally stops. I could not think, eat or breathe properly. Eventually I began taking it just to avoid withdraw symptoms. I took it for ten years and got slowly weaned off of it."

judie99 October 24, 2015

"Upping my 10mg Paxil dose to 20mg sparked quite a few anxiety episodes for me. My doctor said the Paxil would take 2.5 weeks for the new increased dosage to kick in, so in the meantime he prescribed me 0.5mg of klonopin to take twice a day (morning and night). A year ago, when I initially started Paxil (after a terrible 6 weeks of trying Zoloft), I took a Xanax because the anxiety was so bad. For some reason, the Xanax made me so depressed. Anyway, my first dose of klonopin was awesome and has been sense then, (about a week ago). It took an hour for me to start to realize that I wasn't anxious anymore, and I seemed to be really productive and felt normal, which is a great feeling! Klonopin is awesome for us who have generalized anxiety."

Paxilandklonopin October 19, 2015

"I was prescribed Klonopin / Clonazepam after experiencing debilitating anxiety attacks after a close family member was diagnosed with cancer. At first, doctors put be on Zoloft, which made me feel like a complete zombie and didn't relieve my anxiety at all. I quit Zoloft after 3 weeks and switched to therapy and Clonazepam as needed. The first time I took Clonazepam was like being instantly transported from anxiety attack hell to a soothing vacation. It was the first real relief I had had in 2 months. 3 years later and I still have a prescription for .5 mg as needed for anxiety attacks. I get a bottle of 30 about twice a year. The drug just really works well for anxiety. Makes you feel totally calm and normal."

Me myself and I October 17, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Definitely helps me. I deal with a lot of social anxiety. So anytime me and my wife plan on going out or doing a lot of shopping etc., I'll take 0.5 mg and take an extra one with me just in case. I just take it as needed, and I usually feel the effects within half an hour. I don't experience the sleepy side effects. But it definitely calms me down. So if I'm feeling anxious before bed, I'll take one and it helps me sleep, because it calms me. I don't take it often, 90 pills lasted me a whole year. I would recommend this drug if you need some help from time to time with anxiety. I don't have experience with taking it on a daily basis."

CJammer October 13, 2015

"Initial relief. Grew tolerant of the drug within 2 weeks. Went from 1 mg as needed and was legitimately prescribed 5 mg as needed. Would end up taking 5-6 mg. The inner dose withdrawal was horrible and led to suicidal thoughts because the pain was so bad. The inner dose withdrawal could have been 2 hours after taking a pill. Was feeling my mental capacity fizzle away after a year of use and decided to get off it. Which led to 5 monhts of weening and 16 more months (and counting) of severe horrific withdrawal state. Every symptom imaginable. You feel like you're a dead zombie. Still struggling to finish sentences and talk 16 months out. Do not recommend to anyone. Find other solutions, please. Most doctors are clueless of the hell."

Benzo hell October 13, 2015

"I do like this medicine because it helps me to control my nervousness and instant reactions to stimuli much better than without it. I almost can pretend I'm normal. And because of its long shelf-life, if I want to reduce my dose because it can make me feel moody and lethargic after continuously taking it for a while...there's no side effects other than feeling better. Its easy to manage my own mood by upping or lowering my intake on the same prescription. I may go a week without it and feel fine, but when I start to get heart palpitations and my mind blanks out when I'm confronted, I begin to take it again. That way it helps me to stabilize but I'm not relying on it ALL the time."

Rachel143 October 13, 2015

"I was diagnosed with PTSD and GAD after 2 tours in combat. I began to suffer from anxiety in 2009, I was prescribed Zoloft and Klonopin .25mg (as needed). Klonopin was an immediate relief for unexpected anxiety attacks. 15 minutes later I was functional again. After 2 years, Zoloft destroyed my libido. So I took myself off and relied only on Klonopin. It began as needed, then 2 a week, once everyday, and finally twice a day. The anxieties were reoccurring quite often, I quickly built a dependence to get me through the day. It turns out that I was getting anxiety due to my addiction to klonopin. I decided to get off cold turkey (not recommended) and I went through 2 weeks of withdrawals. its a quick relief but addictive. be careful!"

RafaUSMC (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 26, 2015

"I have suffered from panic attacks for 25 years, I was almost 6 years free of them in celexa after years of Ativan So I went on klonipin and I think it works very good , slow at first but 1-1.5 mg a day and I feel like I have my life back. Very good."

MyChef September 24, 2015

"I tried several other medications to treat my anxiety and panic attacks, this is the only medication that made me feel good without feeling like a zombie.."

Justin Case 1983 kc September 10, 2015

"The best anti-anxiety drug I've taken, bar none. Xanax works for me as well but Klonopin seems to have a more subtle, drawn-out effect on me. I can take it at day or at night, it doesn't make me sleepy but I rest better when I take it. Takes a little while to kick in, but that's not a problem for me. Just an all-around godsend."

Nobody's Hero (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 4, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I just started taking it so my body still has to adjust but I notice that I have gotten some sleep. I have an extremely important medical issues going on right now. "

Cherokeenative2015 August 31, 2015

"I've been taking 1mg of Klonopin daily for 3.5 years, after the sudden death of my father. At the time, my anxiety was a 10 and Klonopin allowed me to continue working and raising my 4 kids. I consider Klonopin an absolute miracle drug that probably saved my life. My psychiatrist, and 2 other consulted doctors, don't express the least amount of concern about using 1 mg of Klonopin daily perhaps indefinitely. However, I went 42 years without taking a prescription drug and it really is my hope to not need Klonopin for much longer. The notion that Benzos should not be taken beyond 4 weeks is purely irrational. Find a good doctor!!!"

Sufficient Grace (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 25, 2015

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I have severe panic and anxiety attacks and have for over 20 years. When I tried to go off this medication, lowering my dosage slowly because of a pregnancy, I ended up with the bad anxiety again. Needless to say I ended up going back on and my son was born perfectly ( at the time 20 years ago they were not sure of long term effects) if anything he is smarter than my other 2 children. I also take an anti depresent that works very well with it. I definitely recommend this medication. I am on a higher dose probably more than most I take 2mg in the morning and 2mg at night. Probably because my depression is worse than it was but the anxiety is finally under control"

aalana August 21, 2015

"I have had anxiety for as long as I can remember, but just had a horrible Doctor. My anxiety turned me to abusing drugs, alcohol, opiates, and even Benzos. I finally got clean and still had anxiety, but thought I would never get this script with my history. I finally found a Dr. who took a chance and trusted me. Clonazopam on a regular dose has helped me in so many ways. I'm prescribes 4 1 mg tabs a day, even though I don't usually take that much, along with wellbutrin. I'm no longer experiencing anxiety or panic attacks and best of all don't feel the need to get high in order to get rid of it. clonazepam has saved my life along with suboxone. Any Dr who thinks these 2 drugs shouldn't be mixed is stopping the best opiate recovery."

EnemyTortoise (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2015

"I am on Zoloft 200mg. a day. Have been taking Xanax 1mg. 3 or 4 x day. My Dr. wants to switch me to Klonopin .5 2x day instead, but it does not seem to be helping. I don't seem to feel any relief from the Klonopin."

Seada68 August 7, 2015

"Started with an SSRI for anxiety and it just didn't work. Finally got prescribed this benzo Klonopin and it's perfect! I take 0.5mg, but when I take it, my anxiety goes away. I feel like I can do anything, with a clear mind of course. I don't have to hide away anymore. I thought this drug might make me "stoned" or something, but really all I experience is, after about 15 min, a general clear-minded sense of well-being and it works for a while. Good stuff."

GoJoGoJo August 7, 2015

"I was on this medication for approximately 5 years. The last couple of years, I had increasing anxiety and depression. I never increased my initial dose of 2 mg. at night to help with sleep. My PDoc continued to insist that it was not the Klonopin that was causing my anxiety and depression. Who knows? I weaned myself off of the medication SLOWWLY over 4 months. It really took me that amount of time, even that may have been too fast for me. When it works, it's a helpful me. Problem is that many people tend to build a tolerance to the med and will likely need to increase the dose to get the same effect, hence feelings of withdrawal that can come on automatically. I know everyone has his/her own opinion about this drug."

Zack33 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 6, 2015

"I have been on kolonopin for almost a year now & it has been an absolute life saver! I had horrible panic attacks, scared to drive, couldn't even go shopping without getting dizzy and anxious. Anxiety has taken over my life, the panic attacks are so scary I thought I was going to die. I'm very greatful to have this medicine. I've heard of problems with dependency but I don't know what I'd do without it, I'm also on zoloft & I feel like I have my life back!"

mamaluv (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 30, 2015

"Have been taking 2 to 2.5 mg per day for many years. The only med that has alleviated my anxiety. Am 67 and have had the problem since childhood. Don't know why but it's too late to unravel. Suspect I'm wired that way or its hereditary. Was very successful but life was a constant struggle until I got help at age 48. Would not want to be without it despite the docs concerns about addiction. The horror stories about withdrawal are over blow. I wean off once in 6 weeks. No re-occuring issues. Therapy never had any lasting effect. Too late to consider stopping now and I don't know why I should. The trend against these meds is unfortunate. "

Fritzsommer (taken for 10 years or more) July 15, 2015

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I'm writing this in case anyone else is in my position of being afraid of takings this out of the fear of it making you high, since so many people have voiced strong opposing opinions about Klonopin. I was in the same exact position of being afraid of taking it, even though those around me (which is part of something I have to learn..accepting that people know what they're talking about when it comes to anxiety) were telling me that nothing would happen. It took me a spur of the moment gather of courage to take Klonopin..and now I can say that *when needed*, I love Klonopin. It melts away anxiety and leaves a dent in depersonalization (if you struggle) and allows you to function and level off for a few days afterwards."

R R July 14, 2015

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"I went through severe panic and anxiety that debilitated my life. I experienced shakes, suicidal thoughts, fear for no reason, fast throbbing heart beat, no sleep for ten days because of fear my body was dying, 38lb weight loss in 1month, vomiting, foggy mind, couldn't speak, and so much more. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I visited hospitals over 6 times with no answers but the doctor telling me I'm crazy smh. Went through gastic procedures and nothing was found but gerd which is a symptom of anxiety. I finally broke down and took the meds prescribed to me. Xanax was the only one that worked for a short time, and I had taken many medications. Clonazepam is working amazing with no side effects. I feel great along with Zoloft."

Resse July 14, 2015

"I take 1 mg at nite to sleep. It works for about 6 hrs. However, I am having hair loss so I'm upset about that. I also take 20 mg Celexa."

wannaBBetter (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2015

"I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 7. I'm currently 33 and just discovered Klonopin. I was on Paxil for 12 years and it was a miracle pill until I built tolerance to it and it stopped working. I've recently switched to Zoloft and it's been a rough road. However my psychiatrist put me on klonopin to help ease the anxiety and it has been amazing. I only need .25 mg 2 to 3 times a day, but it gave me the ability to function. Even with withdrawal from Paxil and start up side effects from Zoloft, I can still keep my head straight. Anxiety and panic are dibilatating and when I weigh my options, I'd pick klonopin everytime."

Amangi06 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2015

"My daily medicine is actually Effexor for severe combat PTSD but I have a high dose of klonopin as a PRN take as needed and in bad cases once my triggers are set off. It does a good job at helping me refocus and calm down. My doses have increased over time due to me apparently getting used to it but it is still effective"

ZArmitage (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 4, 2015