User Reviews for VSL#3 to treat Dietary Supplementation

VSL#3 has an average rating of 8.9 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Dietary Supplementation. 86% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 0% reported a negative experience.

VSL#3 rating summary

8.9/10 average rating

Compare all 205 medications used in the treatment of Dietary Supplementation.

Linda · Taken for 1 to 6 months · October 27, 2019

"I have suffered for 30 years diarrhea average 6 to 8 times a day. I have had 3 attacks of ischemic colitis and ulcerative colitis 10 years apart but mostly IBS. VSL3 has changed my life completely. I go once a day normal. I have not felt this good for so long. I cry that I need not to have suffered but no Doctor either knew about it, and only recommended big ad names. What they didn't know is Align and cullturelle are dairy based. I am severely allergic to dairy. VSL3 is not dairy based. Anyone with gut problems should avoid dairy anyways because it is very inflammatory. I am an RN and in sales. I would sell this to doctors if they would hire me because I am so appreciative of the incredible positive.effects. Thank you to the dietitian who told me about it"

Jeff · Taken for less than 1 month · October 22, 2019

"I have colititis and this probiotic was too strong for me. I tried it several times. It caused anxiety. As well as colitis I have histamine intolerance so the mega doses of the histamine producing species in this is not good for me."

Muggy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year · July 31, 2019

"For a bit more than six months I have taken two capsules of VSL3 each day at the suggestion of my gastroenterologist. I am 67 years old and in pretty good health but have suffered gastro problems since my early 30s. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis when I was 32 and suffered numerous flair-ups even with prescribed medication. In 2006, my colon was removed and replaced with a J-pouch. After that, though much relieved, I suffered flairs of pouchitis and proctitis. Since taking VSL3 I have decreased my Azathioprine (Imuran) and take no other meds for my gut. Since beginning my VSL3 regimen I have had almost no symptoms, and those I have had were minor and short-lived. This stuff is pricey and not covered by (my) insurance, but it’s a quality of life thing. You decide for yourself."

HeatherF21 · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 21, 2019

"Started taking one sachet per day of the probiotics bifidobacterium infantis/lactobacillus acidophilus/streptococcus thermophilus (VSL#3) for recurring Pouchitis (J Pouch) and it settled my gut within a week. It’s now been 2 months and I feel back to my old self with no inflammatory symptoms. Bloating does however still occur though not as regularly as before taking. Highly recommend trying these for intestinal issues/imbalances"

kathy 1950 · January 29, 2018

"IBS D is much more manageable after taking. Rare diarrhea after two weeks of only one capsule at bedtime daily. Gastroenterologist suggested this. Very happy with my improvements."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · June 15, 2019

"Very Good Medicine and it is very effective."

gaby · Taken for less than 1 month · October 4, 2021

"Every time I take VSL#3 t star sneezing and get a runny nose"

Siva siva · December 20, 2019

"Good"

More about VSL#3 (bifidobacterium infantis / lactobacillus acidophilus / streptococcus thermophilus)

Patient resources