User Reviews for Soriatane to treat Psoriasis

Soriatane has an average rating of 7.6 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 71% of those users who reviewed Soriatane reported a positive effect, while 14% reported a negative effect.

Soriatane Rating Summary

7.6/10 average rating

Compare all 255 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Seahorse02 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 9, 2017

“I have palmoplantar pustular PsA with 4 other types of psoriasis. 25 mg per day did nothing. 50mgs/daily has helped the pustular on hands and feet, but other psoriasis forms in groin area, skin folds, under arms, head, nails, are not cooperating- in fact the psoriasis is growing in those areas.”

Unca P · Taken for 10 years or more November 6, 2016

“Was born with a skin condition initially diagnosed as PRP but a 2nd biopsy years later (at age 60) said it was psoriasis. 95% coverage and when untreated very bad including cracking bleeding and skin cancers. Dr's tried everything. Was placed on a new drug, Acitretin, when in my 20's. Later it was branded as Soriatain and the cost increased and kept increasing each year. Dosage was 25mg daily. No real side affects except I couldn't drink alcohol (it neutralizes the drug). I also use Medco's Aquaphilic Ointment and Alpha Keri bath oil. Worked great although never cleared completely. Insurance cap too high so had to go off it. Note for new users: Flares for a few weeks before taking full affect, (works from inside out). Give it time.”

Crumby July 14, 2015

“I have been on Soriatane for about a year. It has done wonders for my condition. I was on 25 mg per day and the derm changed it to 25mg everyother day and 10mg on opposite days. This has shown very little change but a VERY tiny bit is now noticeable. I have had absolutely ZERO side effects. Overall, I'm thoroughly happy with it!”

Shelly L January 8, 2010

“Soriatane certainly helps with the psoriasis, but I'm not sure the side effects are worth it. I've got 2 infected ingrown toenails because the skin on my toes are so soft it laps over and causes the toenails to be ingrown and then infected. I've lost a lot of hair. My fingernails peel and break. I have this plastic like coating in my mouth that nothing gets rid of. There's got to be a better way!”

Desert Flower · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 1, 2013

“I took Soriatane for about four months until my hair started falling out. Although, Soriatane cleared 80% my moderate Psoriasis, I did not want to lose more hair. While taking Soriatane my lips became very dry and cracked, peeling skin on feet and loss of hair. It was effective in clearing the Psoriasis.”

it_worked_for_me August 16, 2009

“I used Soriatane for about 9 months and had to stop using it because I lost my insurance, but after those 9 months I went about 2 1/2 years until my psoriasis started coming back. So if your insurance will cover it I would highly recommend this medicine to anyone.”

patchey · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 8, 2013

“After contracting a rare form of cancer called Merkel cell, after taking an immune system suppressing medicine, I used Soriatane with great results. My psoriasis was completely clear while on this. After about 1 year, my dermatologist took me off the medicine stating that my liver could be affected if I stayed on it long term. He said my liver converted the Soritane to some form of chemical that was harmful to the liver. ”

shot to hell · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2015

“All my muscles and joints got stiff 2 weeks after taking it and I never went back to feeling normal, always stiff and achy.”

Learn more about Psoriasis