Terocin (Lidocaine and Menthol Patch)
Generic Name: Lidocaine and Menthol Patch (LYE doe kane & MEN thole)
Brand Name: ELenzaPatch, Endoxcin, LenzaPatch, Lidodextrapine, Limencin, ...show all 12 brand names.Provenza, Puroxcin, Reciphexamine, Relyyks, Synvexia, Terocin, Zeruvia
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 24, 2020.
Uses of Terocin:
- It is used to ease muscle and joint aches and pain.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Terocin?
- If you are allergic to Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch); any part of Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If a large area needs to be treated.
- If there is an infection where Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) will be used.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Terocin?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Do not use Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Avoid use of heat sources (such as sunlamps, tanning beds, heating pads, electric blankets, heat lamps, saunas, hot tubs, heated waterbeds). Avoid long, hot baths or sunbathing. Your temperature may rise and cause too much drug to pass into your body.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
- This medicine may cause harm if chewed or swallowed. If Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) has been put in the mouth, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
How is this medicine (Terocin) best taken?
Use Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Do not put on open wounds, cuts, or irritated skin.
- Do not put on the genitals.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Wash your hands before and after use.
- Put patch on clean, dry, healthy skin.
- Do not use if the pouch that holds Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) is torn, open, or not sealed all the way.
- After you take off a skin patch, be sure to fold the sticky sides of the patch to each other. Throw away used patches where children and pets cannot get to them.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) on a regular basis, put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Irritation where Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch) is used.
What are some other side effects of Terocin?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Terocin?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Store in pouch until ready for use.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Terocin (lidocaine and menthol patch), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about lidocaine / menthol topical
- Lidocaine and Menthol Cream
- Lidocaine and Menthol Gel
- Lidocaine and Menthol Patch
- Lidocaine and Menthol Spray