Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Nov 3, 2020.
Uses of Veltrix:
- It is used to ease muscle and joint aches and pain.
- Some products may be used to treat signs of hemorrhoids or rectal irritation.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Veltrix?
- If you are allergic to Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream); any part of Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If a large area needs to be treated.
- If there is an infection where Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) will be used.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Veltrix?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Do not use Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) for longer than you were told by your doctor.
- Avoid use of heat sources (such as sunlamps, tanning beds, heating pads, electric blankets, heat lamps, saunas, hot tubs, heated waterbeds). Avoid long, hot baths or sunbathing. Your temperature may rise and cause too much drug to pass into your body.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Veltrix) best taken?
Use Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Do not put on open wounds, cuts, or irritated skin.
- Do not put on the genitals.
- Do not use coverings (bandages, dressings) unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you use Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) on a regular basis, put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
- Many times Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) is used on an as needed basis. Do not use more often than told by the doctor.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Irritation where Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream) is used.
What are some other side effects of Veltrix?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Veltrix?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Veltrix (lidocaine and menthol cream), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about Veltrix (lidocaine / menthol topical)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.