Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing
Generic name: Silver (SIL ver)
Brand name: Aceso Ag, Arida, Collatyl, Elta SilverGel, Protyl Ag, ...show all 9 brand names.SilvaSorb, Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing, Solox, Tegaderm Ag Mesh
Drug class: Topical anti-infectives
Uses of Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing:
- It is used to treat minor cuts, scrapes, or burns.
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
- It is used to promote healing of skin ulcers and wounds.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing?
- If you are allergic to Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver); any part of Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use longer than you have been told by the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- Some products may have metal. These products need to be taken off before an MRI, cardioversion, radiation, or other procedure. Talk with the doctor about Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver) before any procedures.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing) best taken?
Use Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver) by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, ears, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Clean affected part before use. Make sure to dry well.
- Put on the affected part as you have been told.
- You may need to cover the treated area with a bandage or dressing. Talk with the doctor.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of skin infection like oozing, heat, swelling, redness, or pain.
What are some other side effects of Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing?
- Store at room temperature. Do not freeze.
- Protect from heat and light.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Silverseal Hydrogel Dressing (silver), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about silver topical
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.