Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream
Generic name: Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream (NEE oh MYE sin/POL ee MIX in /pra MOX een)
Brand name: Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief, CVS Antibiotic Plus, Double Antibiotic + Pain Relief, EQ Antibiotic + Pain Relief, EQL Antibiotic + Pain Relief, ...show all 12 brand names.GNP Antibiotic Plus Pramoxine, Multi Antibiotic Plus, Neosporin Plus Pain Relief MS, RA Antibiotic Plus, SM Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief, TGT First Aid Antibiotic, TH Antibiotic + Pain Relief
Drug class: Topical antibiotics
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 13, 2020.
Uses of Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream:
- It is used to treat or prevent skin infections.
- It is used to treat skin irritation.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream?
- If you have an allergy to neomycin, polymyxin, pramoxine, or any other part of neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream.
- If you are allergic to neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream; any part of neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream; or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have a very bad burn or cut.
- If you have an animal bite or a deep puncture wound.
- If a large area needs to be treated.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Use care when putting on a large part of the skin or where there are open wounds. Talk with the doctor.
- If signs get worse or last for more than 7 days, talk with the doctor.
- Talk with your doctor before you use other drugs or products on your skin.
- This medicine may cause harm if swallowed. If neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Talk with the doctor before giving neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream to a child younger than 2 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream) best taken?
Use neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Do not take neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream by mouth. Use on your skin only. Keep out of your mouth, nose, and eyes (may burn).
- Wash your hands before and after use. Do not wash your hands after use if putting this on your hand.
- Wash affected skin and pat dry.
- Put a thin layer on the affected skin and rub in gently.
- The treatment area may be covered with a dressing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Put on a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not put on 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Neomycin, Polymyxin, and Pramoxine Cream?
- Store at room temperature.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about neomycin, polymyxin, and pramoxine cream, please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about neomycin / polymyxin b / pramoxine topical
- Other brands
- Antibiotic Plus Pain Relief
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.