Generic name: Minerals with Vitamins [ MIN-er-als-with-VYE-ta-mins ]
Brand names: Bone Essentials, CitraCal Plus, Fem-Cal Citrate, Multi Mega Minerals, Nutra-Support Bone, ... show all 8 brands Prosteon, TheraCal D200, TheraCal D400
Drug class: Vitamin and mineral combinations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 16, 2023.
Uses of Multi Mega Minerals:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
- It may be given to you for other reasons. Talk with the doctor.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Multi Mega Minerals?
- If you are allergic to this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals); any part of this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Multi Mega Minerals?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may prevent other drugs taken by mouth from getting into the body. If you take other drugs by mouth, you may need to take them at some other time than this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals). Talk with your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals) best taken?
Use this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Shake well before use.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals). If there is none, ask the pharmacist for a device to measure this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals).
- Chew well before swallowing.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you take this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals) on a regular basis, take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of Multi Mega Minerals?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Multi Mega Minerals?
Capsules, tablets, and chewable tablets:
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Some brands of this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals) need to be stored in a refrigerator. Some brands of this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals) need to be stored at room temperature. If you have questions about how to store this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals), talk with your pharmacist.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about this medicine (Multi Mega Minerals), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about multivitamin with minerals
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (179)
- Drug images
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- En español
- Calcium Carbonate/Vit D/Vit B6/Vit B12/Folic Acid with Minerals Chew Wafers patient information
- Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D
- Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, and Folic Acid
- Medical Food Product
- Minerals with Vitamins
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.