Generic Name: minerals with folic acid (MIN-er-als/FOE-lik AS-id)
Brand Name: MagneBind 400
MagneBind 400 is used for:
Treating or preventing low levels of folic acid and minerals in certain patients. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
MagneBind 400 is a folic acid and mineral supplement. It works by providing folic acid and minerals to the body.
Do NOT use MagneBind 400 if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in MagneBind 400
- you have high blood magnesium levels
- you have severe kidney problems and do not receive dialysis
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using MagneBind 400:
Some medical conditions may interact with MagneBind 400. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
- if you have a history of certain blood disorders (eg, megaloblastic anemia, pernicious anemia), a heart block, or kidney problems
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with MagneBind 400. Tell your health care provider if you are taking any other medicines, especially any of the following:
- Anticoagulants (eg, dicumarol), or fluorouracil because the risk of their side effects may be increased by MagneBind 400
- Hydantoins (eg, phenytoin) or penicillamine because their effectiveness may be decreased by MagneBind 400
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if MagneBind 400 may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use MagneBind 400:
Use MagneBind 400 as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Take MagneBind 400 by mouth with meals, or as directed by your doctor
- Take MagneBind 400 with a full glass of water (8 oz/240 mL).
- If you also take a bisphosphonate (eg, alendronate), eltrombopag, estramustine, a quinolone (eg, ciprofloxacin), a tetracycline (eg, doxycycline), or a thyroid hormone (eg, levothyroxine), ask your doctor or pharmacist how you should take it with MagneBind 400.
- If you miss a dose of MagneBind 400, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use MagneBind 400.
Important safety information:
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- Do not take large doses of vitamins (megadoses or megavitamin therapy) while you use MagneBind 400 unless your doctor tells you to.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take MagneBind 400 before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- MagneBind 400 has folic acid in it. Before you start any medicine, check the label to see if it has folic acid in it too. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: If you become pregnant, contact your doctor. You will need to discuss the benefits and risks of using MagneBind 400 while you are pregnant. MagneBind 400 is found in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you use MagneBind 400, check with your doctor. Discuss any possible risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of MagneBind 400:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. No COMMON side effects have been reported with MagneBind 400. Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); muscle weakness; numbness or tingling of the skin; severe or persistent constipation.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of MagneBind 400:
Store MagneBind 400 at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep MagneBind 400 out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about MagneBind 400, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- MagneBind 400 is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take MagneBind 400 or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about MagneBind 400. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to MagneBind 400. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using MagneBind 400.
Disclaimer: This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about this medicine. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using this medicine.
More about multivitamin with minerals
- B-complex/vitamin c/folic acid/iron/minerals
- Calcium carbonate/magnesium
- Calcium carbonate/vitamin d/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/folic acid chewable wafers
- Calcium/folic acid/vitamin b6/vitamin b12/vitamin d
- Calcium/magnesium/vitamin d
- More (20) »