Generic Name: Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, and Folic Acid (mag NEE zhum KAR bun ate, KAL see um KAR bun ate, & FOE lik AS id)
Brand Name: MagneBind 400
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 20, 2020.
Uses of MagneBind 400:
- It is used to help growth and good health.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take MagneBind 400?
- If you have an allergy to magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, folic acid, or any other part of MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid).
- If you are allergic to MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid); any part of MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have any of these health problems: High magnesium levels or kidney disease.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take MagneBind 400?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (MagneBind 400) best taken?
Use MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take after meals.
- Follow how to take MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid) as you have been told by your doctor. Do not use more than you were told to use.
- Take with a full glass of water.
- Try to space other drugs from this one by 2 hours. This medicine stops many drugs from getting into the body.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Severe diarrhea.
- Very bad constipation.
- Muscle weakness.
- Numbness and tingling.
What are some other side effects of MagneBind 400?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out MagneBind 400?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about MagneBind 400 (magnesium carbonate, calcium carbonate, and folic acid), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about multivitamin with minerals
- Side Effects
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 51 Reviews
- Drug class: vitamin and mineral combinations
- Multivitamins and minerals
- Calcium Carbonate/Vit D/Vit B6/Vit B12/Folic Acid with Minerals Chew Wafers
- Calcium/Magnesium/Vitamin D
- Magnesium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, and Folic Acid
- Medical Food Product
- ... +4 more