Has severe back pain and muscle weakness occurred since starting Repatha?

TigerLilly18 6 Jun 2016

Back pain and flu like symptoms (muscle aches)are the most common side effects of this medication. Muscle pain, spasm and bone pain are infrequent, but can occur. How long have you been taking Repatha? Sometimes the side effects will subside within 4-6 weeks - if you don't feel comfortable continuing the medication to see if it will improve, you may want to contact your physician who prescribed it. Best of luck! ✌

Ola May VanDette 6 Jun 2016

Thank you for responding. I believe that it has been about 6 weeks. I may have noted a bit less discomfort this week. Are lack of coordination and weakness symptoms?

Ola May VanDette 6 Jun 2016

Thank you for your response. I have been on the shots for a little over 6 weeks. I have also had blood pressure that frightened me, 239/116. I also had several nights of nausea and diarrhea, but I am prone to that anyway. It had been better for quite a while though. I have also noted an increase in loss of balance and and weakness.

TigerLilly18 7 Jun 2016

I would definitely consider contacting your physician. Weakness and lack of coordination are side effects as well. I experienced these same symptoms. Your blood pressure is dangerously high - I would seek the advice of your physician before your symptoms have a detrimental effect on you. I wish you the best and hope you find relief as soon as possible.

tiktak 18 Feb 2017

I've been on Repatha for about 4 month and have not experienced any side effects

Bradda 4 Aug 2018

On Repatha now for 22 months. Two months ago, started feeling fatigue, pain in my right hip and getting worse. Knees are aching now. Walking seems to be getting difficult. I am usually active and try to push through. I play doubles tennis 3-4 times a week. Went to the Chiropractor yesterday, it helped, but pain was back after two sets today. I didn't like taking statins because they gave me muscle pain. Repatha worked great at reducing cholesterol, and dose every two weeks! My weight dropped 10 pounds, lost food cravings. However now 22 months in and bad hip pain. Made an appointment to see my Dr next week. Don't like the hip and knee pain, I hope it goes away, otherwise I'll have to stop the Repatha, too bad cause nothing works as good.