Has severe back pain and muscle weakness occurred since starting Repatha?

TigerLilly18 6 Jun 2016

Back pain and flu like symptoms (muscle aches)are the most common side effects of this medication. Muscle pain, spasm and bone pain are infrequent, but can occur. How long have you been taking Repatha? Sometimes the side effects will subside within 4-6 weeks - if you don't feel comfortable continuing the medication to see if it will improve, you may want to contact your physician who prescribed it. Best of luck! ✌

Ola May VanDette 6 Jun 2016

Thank you for responding. I believe that it has been about 6 weeks. I may have noted a bit less discomfort this week. Are lack of coordination and weakness symptoms?

Ola May VanDette 6 Jun 2016

Thank you for your response. I have been on the shots for a little over 6 weeks. I have also had blood pressure that frightened me, 239/116. I also had several nights of nausea and diarrhea, but I am prone to that anyway. It had been better for quite a while though. I have also noted an increase in loss of balance and and weakness.

TigerLilly18 7 Jun 2016

I would definitely consider contacting your physician. Weakness and lack of coordination are side effects as well. I experienced these same symptoms. Your blood pressure is dangerously high - I would seek the advice of your physician before your symptoms have a detrimental effect on you. I wish you the best and hope you find relief as soon as possible.

Cliffordaurora50 21 Dec 2017

I'm glad you stopped taking it. It would have only gotten worse. I took it for 4 months and was taken off immediately when I had bursa in both legs, shin splints, and debilitating back pain. My legs throbbed and had pain like electric shocks and would throb at night. There were limps all over in my legs. I've been off since mid October and am doing a little better. Make sure your doctor does a CBC. My CBC was a mess. Everything was out of whack! I am also having a hard time remembering names of places and people that I've known for years. Feel blessed and I'm glad you're better.

tiktak 18 Feb 2017

I've been on Repatha for about 4 month and have not experienced any side effects free discount card