Has severe back pain and muscle weakness occurred since starting Repatha?

TigerLilly18 6 Jun 2016

Back pain and flu like symptoms (muscle aches)are the most common side effects of this medication. Muscle pain, spasm and bone pain are infrequent, but can occur. How long have you been taking Repatha? Sometimes the side effects will subside within 4-6 weeks - if you don't feel comfortable continuing the medication to see if it will improve, you may want to contact your physician who prescribed it. Best of luck! ✌

Ola May VanDette 6 Jun 2016

Thank you for responding. I believe that it has been about 6 weeks. I may have noted a bit less discomfort this week. Are lack of coordination and weakness symptoms?

Ola May VanDette 6 Jun 2016

Thank you for your response. I have been on the shots for a little over 6 weeks. I have also had blood pressure that frightened me, 239/116. I also had several nights of nausea and diarrhea, but I am prone to that anyway. It had been better for quite a while though. I have also noted an increase in loss of balance and and weakness.

TigerLilly18 7 Jun 2016

I would definitely consider contacting your physician. Weakness and lack of coordination are side effects as well. I experienced these same symptoms. Your blood pressure is dangerously high - I would seek the advice of your physician before your symptoms have a detrimental effect on you. I wish you the best and hope you find relief as soon as possible.