How many hours does it take for suboxone to quit blocking opiates?

Anonymous 16 Feb 2012

Dear GR, welcome to the site. It depends on how long you have been on it and how high a dose. A dose of 4 mgs once wuld only block for 1 to 3 days, a dose of 16 mgs or more will block for 3 to 5 days. A word of caution, if you are trying to get rx opiate pain meds to work again, taking more will not make you feel it faster. Suboxone has to wear off and make room for the opiate on the receptor site for you to feel the opiate again.

gypsyrose2222 20 Feb 2012

thanx for your response I'm struggling with my addiction it's nice to know there's somewhere to go to get answers and not feel alone

linda0982000 17 Feb 2012

When I switched from Suboxone to Methadone, I was on 20 mgs of Subs a day. I took my regular morning sub dose, 12 mgs. 12 hours later I took 30 mgs of Methadone, and I felt it. The next morning I took 30 mgs more and I felt it even more. So, it was blocking it some, but not totally. Infact, the next morning, 24 hours after my last Sub dose, it didn't seem to be blocking it at all.

dsac6060 28 Feb 2012

Be careful with this, I assume you are basically going back to opiates to abuse them correct? and maybe the suboxone was to get you through? REconsider your options and choose a better life

Raymond1979 24 Jul 2015

I couldn't agree more. The way people overdose is taking more and more looking for a high. In which case you have bigger problems. Fentanyl is the only drug that will overide the naloxone. But if you didn't already know that then you should probobly stay away from that alltogether