How long is suboxone in your system? does it matter the amount?

This question has also been asked and answered here: How long does Suboxone stay in your system?

cleanzgood 13 Mar 2011

I signed up for the suboxone coaching. The "here to help" coach told me the half life of one dose is 37 hours. If you have been taking a lot of it for a long time, it would seem logical that it would accumulate in your system, and would be a very long process to get rid of it once and for all. I couldn't buy into the idea of replacing one addiction with another one, so I took it upon myself to get off it, just like I got off the narcotics when I couldn't get help from my doctor. I believe if you go to heretohelp.com you can get $75 off coupons and information. I do not believe the "coaches" are addicts, nor do I think they have the first clue about addiction or 12 step programs. They would like to see you on suboxone for the rest of your life and if you ask for help to get off it, they will tell you your withdrawal will kick in and you will have irresistible cravings. I have weaned myself very slowly down to where one strip lasts over two weeks, and even at that amount, I still feel clammy, sweaty and irritable at the third day. It always seems like I have to be at the top of my game and end up taking a tiny piece just to function well. As long as doctors and drug companies have a vested interest in keeping people sick, they will do so. It is human nature to look out for one's self.

jac82981 29 Mar 2011

I so agree with you!!! It makes me sick how they don't even tell people how much harder and longer it takes to get off this drug although I do believe it's good for some people but suboxone is NOT right for everyone!!!

Anonymous 13 Mar 2011

Not sure if you are asking how long does suboxone block opiates, how long is it detectable in the urine, or how long it stays on the receptor sites. If you are on a dose of at least 8 mgs per day, it will block opiates for 3 to 5 days, and will be 3 to 5 days after your last dose before you would feel withdrawal. If you are on less than that, it will stay on the receptor sites blocking opiates for anywhere from the 37 hours mentioned, up to 2 to 4 days. The higher the dose, the longer it stays on the sites and blocks opiates and the longer it will be if you stopped the suboxone for withdrawal to set in. The lower dose, especially if you get down to 1 mg or less per day, the shorter a time for these things to occur. Suboxone will only test positive for bupenorphine, it will NOT test positive for opiate. Most employers, court systems and probation offices do NOT check for bupenorphine. DOT jobs, trucking jobs and jobs in the medical field do or may. You will test positive for bupenorphine anywhere from 11 to 24 days after your last dose of it, it is a long acting medication that slowly recedes off the sites in the brain.