Skip to main content

How does gabapentin affect your sex life ?

21 Answers

Navi_cat 4 July 2022

Gabapentin helps me sleep, I take 800mg at night. It has seriously affected... increased my libido and has become a problem. I am a 55 year old female who still has regular periods, and both ovaries, but I need to have a decreased libido and try something different for sleep. One, I'm not married, and two, I spend a lot of time with my grandchildren. I'm going to come off of it with my doctor's help. I think it may be helpful for someone who has a low libido.

Lil_momma 27 Oct 2020

Gabapentin gives me an increased sex drive. I take 300 mg twice a day. And its like I'm getting doses of testosterone! My hubby is over the moon

Squirrelly67 20 Dec 2019

My husband and I are both 52 and he just started gabapentin two days ago. Took 300 mg the evening he picked it up and immediately noticed a difference with his pain levels which are daily and ranging from moderate to severe. He says he feels like he has taken a toke without the high. Just like that nice warm fuzzy comfortable feeling with no pain! Yesterday he took One in the morning, afternoon and evening and this morning woke up with an awesome erection which is saying a lot because he lost a testicle due to a torsion about 30 years ago while weightlifting and Has to have testosterone shots weekly. He was very active in sports and still has a very physical job so his testosterone levels are always Extremely low.So far needless to say he’s a big fan so hopefully the good trend will continue. Good luck!

guyfromlosangeles 28 June 2019

3rd day micro-dosing Gabapentin since my first day was an awful horrific experience. Was prescribed for a recent panic attack.

Since I began micro dosing (trying to build up tolerance so I can take higher doses in peace) my libido is has been through the roof, haha

FireFighter17 25 March 2019

I'm a 32 year old male and I get a raging hard on while taking this medication. I can stay hard for hours at a time but it does take me a lot longer to ejaculate also my wife has said my load size has increased, she also love's how hard it makes me and how long I can last. I think this has helped are sex lives immensely. I take 2400mg daily for several herniated disc's and sciatic back and leg pain. Thank you Gabapentin for the pain relief and increased sex drive, raging boner and thicker gerth and length the ability to last way longer in the bedroom. I assume the side effects must be different for everyone after reading the comments on here.

Mekkasmom 2 March 2019

Today was my first day taking gabapentin. It has given me all kinds of different reactions. At first sleepy, then super hyper and my libido is through the roof!

Bmarsh88 12 Dec 2018

I'm 30 year old guy... gabapentin makes me ridiculously horny...

Dt27 11 Jan 2019

Me too bro!

Nitro061 11 Aug 2018

I was on 2800 mg for about 3 months and noticed it as I could achieve and maintain an erection but I slowly noticed It was near impossible for my partners to get me to achieve climax.

I was dating at the time and chalked it up to nerves. Until I met my now ex fiancé, and just like over 1 week absolutely completely couldn’t get an erection at all.

I came off it for 3 days, which is not wise, and I confirmed it 100%.it was helping me so much I went back on it and started getting free samples of Viagra and Cialis from my doctor because my health insurance wouldn’t cover it and it is absolutely insanely expensive.

Eventually moved on to other drugs and tried some gabapentin I had left over just to try it and 100mg and bam again.

Msanonomys 10 Aug 2018

I am in pre-menopause age 50 and had been struggling with orgasm but not with sex drive, very frustrating!
I have now been on gabapentin for about a month for a herniated disc in my neck that’s causing nerve pain down my arm and recently increased to two 300mg pills a day.
My orgasms have returned. So I’m very happy about this and was wondering if the gabapentin was helping is why I googled this topic and I’m shocked to see more of the opposite.
So I don’t know if it’s just a menopausal hormonal fluctuation or the drug but I hope it sticks around whatever it is!

cindy-59 9 April 2018

When I first started Gabapentin I had a great sex life. I hadn’t been married very long and my husband and I were very good together. After awhile I noticed I didn’t have as much interest in sex and I wasn’t able to have an orgasm. I was divorced a few years ago and since then I have absolutely no interest in sex. I am almost done tapering off Gabapentin and I’m starting to have those feelings ‘down there’ again. Talk about feeling like a virgin again... that’s how I feel. I can’t wait to be off this drug and start my life again.
Cindy59

Tprindle2 10 Nov 2018

I was taking 1300 per day. It gave me a couple hours of stamina. I got off it for a while. Now I'm back on 300 per day. It helps my issues. The sex has been much better for her for sure

Avake bell 9 April 2018

Dose gabapentin 600 mg effect your sex drive

williep 21 Sep 2017

I am a 62 year-old male. I am a type 2 diabetic and I take Gabapentin for diabetic neuropathy and also as a psych med (bipolar type 1). For the past 2 years+ I have been anorgasmic. My endocrinologist thinks it is the Gabapentin, but the neuropathy probably contributed to it.

BigJP1069 20 Sep 2017

I take 3200 mg of gabapentin every day. Along with ibuprofen, and methicarbomol. I have no sexual desire or drive???

Crazydiamond12 27 May 2017

My fionce is on pre gabs penton is this why he can't he get a hardon when trying to make love together??? Desperate patient xxxx

Karenml 29 May 2017

Sildenafil prescription from dr. Is Same as viagra active ingredients but way cheaper! Works great for sexual disfunction. If he's young won't need as much. My old man takes 5 5mg pills 30 min before sex. It's very effective! I take gab and hydroxyzine prescri for anxiety and I'm still always horny. Lol god luck

Bipolar1shell 18 Dec 2016

I have noticed a significant decrease in sexual interest or in my enjoying it to the fullest. Before Gabapentin I was VERY active and was called a "bully" when it came to my interest in sex.