How does gabapentin affect your sex life ?

SpineLady 26 Feb 2014

I don't know if you're male or female, but I took Gabapentin for over 5 years and still do when my nerve pain starts to flare up. I am female and in that time I never had nor have any issues with my sex life due to the Gabapentin. If you're on other meds, I'd look into them. I know a lot of the mental health medications list loss of or heightened sexual function could be a side effect of this medication.

cronic51 9 Mar 2014

I am 51 and have been taking gabapentin for 8years and haven't noticed any sexual side affects.

deecl 18 Mar 2015

I am an R.N. and I am also the wife of a man who takes this med for the past 5 years daily. This drug does affect males. I dont know about females but it does males.

kaismama 26 Feb 2014

Its never caused a problem for me.

bnagoh 26 Feb 2014

No problems and I have been taking gabapentin six years and my dose is 1800 mgs a day. Really helps my nerve pain and burning.

ElizaJane23 28 Feb 2014

It was horrible for me - no sex drive at all! But everybody's different and I was on other meds at the time also. I believe I was on 2400 mgs per day. Regards - EJ23

cjltrekker 1 Mar 2014

Took Gabapentin for ten years 2400MG a day. It didn't affect it at all. Male by the way.

AprilYoung0527 16 Nov 2016

Personally, Gabapentin seems to make my sex drive higher than normal. I am female by the way and I just got my prescription changed from one 600 mg pill every night to one 600 mg pill THREE times a day. Happy Happy Joy Joy... That's what my husband says

Bipolar1shell 18 Dec 2016

I have noticed a significant decrease in sexual interest or in my enjoying it to the fullest. Before Gabapentin I was VERY active and was called a "bully" when it came to my interest in sex.

Crazydiamond12 27 May 2017

My fionce is on pre gabs penton is this why he can't he get a hardon when trying to make love together??? Desperate patient xxxx

Karenml 29 May 2017

Sildenafil prescription from dr. Is Same as viagra active ingredients but way cheaper! Works great for sexual disfunction. If he's young won't need as much. My old man takes 5 5mg pills 30 min before sex. It's very effective! I take gab and hydroxyzine prescri for anxiety and I'm still always horny. Lol god luck