My lower numbers in BP dropped and pulse is running 45-65 so they stopped it. I am still feeling fatigue and dizzy after stopping it for 5 days???
How long does it take for Amlodipine to be out of your system?
Added 29 May 2013:
Also---I was told that it was okay to have an occassional glass of wine with this. I have not taken any for 6 days so should be okay to have a glass with meal?? Or not??? Thanks again! Susan
Amlodipine has a long half life so it hangs around for a while.
Here are the details:
Amlodipine has an elimination half life of 30 to 50 hours. This is the time it takes for your body to reduce the plasma levels by half.
It takes about 5.5 elimination half lives for a medicine to be out of your system. Therefore it'll take about 11.5 days (5.5 x 50 hours = 275 hours) for it to be out from your system.
Other factors to consider:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
Taking amlodipine for 5 years wants to stop taking it can you give me a brief response what I can do William
did you manage to stop i am on day five and woke with a severe panic attack last night
- Amlodipine Information for Consumers
- Amlodipine Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amlodipine (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Updated 21 May 2011 • 1 answer
Updated 28 Jun 2015 • 1 answer
Updated 18 Oct 2016 • 1 answer
Updated 2 Aug 2018 • 1 answer
Posted 9 Mar 2019 • 0 answers