User Reviews for Minocin

Learn more about Minocin.

Bacterial Infection 0 reviews 133 medications

Skin Infection 0 reviews 168 medications Not rated - Be the first
Skin and Structure Infection 0 reviews 65 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Minocin reviews 14 reviews 7.1

Reviews for Minocin

For Acne: I was prescribed this after being diagnosed at age 29 with severe acne vulgaris. This medication gave me no negative side effects that I noticed and cleared my acne up within 1 week. I was prescribed the once a day dosage which is great. I took a break once for a few days and the acne came back. I dashed to my medicine and got back into my normal routine. Acne went away! Its a great medication if used properly. Helped me become more confident as an adult suffering from acne.

September 9, 2013 2:23 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Acne: I'm 17 years old and have been battling awful cystic acne for about 10 years. As I've aged, it's only worsened, which I'm assuming is due to an influx in hormones. At first, doctors misdiagnosed me as having eczema. When I was finally diagnosed with cystic acne, my doctor prescribed tetracycline. I was on it for about 1 year, at age 14-15, and it helped a little, but not drastic changes. I noticed that it started turning my teeth brown, as if I'd eaten chocolate and didn't drink anything or brush my teeth afterwards. I was prescribed minocycline (Minocin) instead. It has helped my acne tremendously, but it is still turning my teeth brown, which is not flattering nor attractive, especially for a girl my age with dating and all.

July 9, 2013 10:22 PM

Review by Londonlad.:

For Acne: I took Minocin in my late teens for about 5 years and from what I remember I never had a single outbreak or flare up while taking it. Having said that, if I missed a few days meds the acne would break out. Though it never cleared my skin completely it most certainly helped.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2013 12:25 PM

Review by grayeyed (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Rosacea: Although it took 6 weeks to show improvement, after that it worked great. The doctor told me it would take that long. I had no side effects. I had a red area on my nose and under my eye for months and doctor said it was rosacea. It cleared it completely. I also have red and dry skin on my cheeks and jaw that the medicine did NOT help.

June 1, 2012 11:29 PM

Review by gaugie:

For Rosacea: Cleared up my nose in 3 days, but have headache, little dizzy, foggy head.

October 27, 2011 3:00 PM

For Acne: 15 year old daughter used Minocycline for 2 months and it was super at clearing her whiteheads-face, back, neck. Then we took a break, acne came back. MD gave us brand name version (1 pill/day verses 2per/day with generic, and much more expensive) and it didn't work at all after 2 months. Tried generic minocycline again after waiting a few months, and unfortunately we saw no results second time around. Trying birth control pills now.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 24, 2010 12:44 AM

For Acne: I used Minocin for about 20 years (16 - 36 years approx) which controlled my acne perfectly. Before I started taking this I had very, very severe acne, huge boils and spots all over my back and face but this seems to cure it. I was very lucky - I had no side effects apart from bad stomach if I took too many.

March 19, 2010 11:29 PM

Review by sdeaver1:

For Acne: I took this medication a couple years ago. Within just a few weeks it was working amazing and my skin was clearing up and looked great!!! I went off the med so that I could go on birth control. I've had trouble with several birth controls and now 2 years later at the age of 22, I'm not currently on any form of birth control so I started this up again about 3 months ago for my acne. I was on it for 2 months, never missed a dose....and there was not one change in my skin. I'm sure it all depended on my health 2 yrs ago and now, the different meds i'm on now and wasn't in the past, etc. Several factors could be played as to why it's no longer working for me at this time. So I'd say at least give it a shot because when it did work, IT WORKED!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 14, 2010 5:04 PM

For Acne: My son has been using this drug for about a month. He has had no side effects at all. His face has cleared up well from what it was. The acne hasn't totally gone but it's less severe now and not as red as it was.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2010 4:39 AM

For Rosacea: I started taking this and after a few weeks my Rosacea was clearer but had to stop because of UNBEARABLE joint pain. Doctor put me on a lower dose of doxycycline and so far so good.

January 13, 2010 5:53 PM

For Acne: I had very good results from Minocin as far as my acne was concerned. My face started clearing up and was looking almost back to normal. I did experience the dizziness and frequent yeast infections while on this but thought it was worth it. After about 3 months, I was feeling very bad, my joints all ached so bad I had decreased my activities and almost stopped dancing. My parents were having me worked up for Arthritis and I was having blood in my stool suddenly. My mom talked to a Doctor at work and found out it was the Minocin that was causing all the joint pain and probably a lesion in my bowels. I immediately stopped it and am now back to normal and have bad acne again.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 6, 2010 8:49 PM

Review by gjrod06:

For Acne: I used this medicine for less than a week. It really improved my skin but I had some bad side effects which included being dizzy and light-headed. I also had stomach cramps and very bad diarrhea. I tried taking it with and without food.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2009 12:53 AM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Having suffered from rheumatoid arthritis for more than 20 years I suffered a whole body flare 5 years ago severe enough to almost prevent me from walking. Twenty-six days after being put on Minocin by my doctor at Harvard Medical School I was riding my bicycle 10 miles a day. Minocin is not a "cure" for rheumatoid arthritis. Whenever I have attempted to get off this drug the rheumatoid arthritis has come back within 2 months. But as long as I take it you would never know I have rheumatoid arthritis. Only side effect I've experienced is a grayish blue tint to my skin on my neck and cheeks.

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2009 6:11 PM

For Rosacea: This medication works well for me. It took a very long time before I was finally diagnosed with Rosacea. I kept hoping I would just out grow adolescent acne even all the way into my late twenties. The only side effect I have encountered is yeast infections. I started taking acidophillus which helps but am now going to consult a nutritionist to see if they can help diet wise. The benefits of the drug outway the side effect but I hope to find a happy balance.

May 31, 2009 10:48 AM

For Acne: I used this medicine for a week. I felt numb all the time and was dizzy and had nausea. It did start to work right away and my acne started to clear up.

November 3, 2008 11:07 PM