User Reviews for Mobic

Learn more about Mobic.

Mobic review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 344 medications used in the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Reviews for Mobic to treat Rheumatoid Arthritis

I had no effects, I actually had more pain and no effects on the swelling

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2014 8:22 PM

Review by monkeyheadchb55:

Was on Voltaren for months. Maybe my body got used to it and maybe it will also get used to this but this is a miracle. I had 9 places with pain. After I pop this pill (15mg) I feel great within an hour and even more amazing throughout the day and into the night. Probably a good 12 hrs of relief. I got to find a way to eat in the morning and take it. Currently I'm taking it with a big lunch but miserable in the morning after it wears off from the day before and before I take it that day. This makes me feel normal. Especially my fingers.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2013 11:38 PM

Review by Dr_Dennis (taken for less than 1 month):

Immediate improvements in my joint arthritis level was noticed within 3 days and I've been able work regular hours.

August 8, 2013 4:57 PM

Review by Relief Within an Hour! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I had been on Relafen for years for my osteoarthritis, and I just discovered this summer that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I was still on the Relafen and had driven a long ways to see one of my doctors, and the RA was so bad in my knees and feet that it was becoming difficult to walk. I called my Orthopedic Surgeon, and they changed my NSAID from Relafen to Mobic, and within an hour of taking the Mobic, I had relief. What a difference it has made for me! It made such a difference with the inflammation in my joints, and made it easier for me to walk. After taking the Mobic for a few days, I had improved greatly. I have had no stomach or intestinal issues from the medication.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2013 12:30 PM

Mobic has helped considerably with pain relief but I now suffer from severe insomnia which I put down to Mobic as I am not on any other medicines.

November 14, 2011 9:21 AM

I've had good success with pain relief using Mobic.

September 3, 2011 9:13 AM

My husband took Mobic for psoriatic arthritis, and it made him extremely ill, and gave him almost no pain relief.

May 7, 2011 11:53 PM

Review by GCChriss:

I have been on Mobic (or some generic form) for 3 years now for PsA - Psoriatic Arthritis. During this time, I got quite ill and my GP sent me for a test. I had an MRI and wore a heart monitor for 24 hours. They thought I was having seizures. After 2 years of feeling dreadful only at night my GP took me off the Mobic to settle a stomach upset and I realized that I no longer had any of the neurological effects anymore. Upon mentioning this to my Specialist - he said that the neurological side effects were quite common with Mobic - yet neither of the GP's saw new of them. So just be aware, this can make you feel like you are running slow, your brain may slow down and you might fall over.

April 14, 2011 12:14 AM

I started taking this medicine to help with carpal tunnel issues I was having. The doctor had me taking 15-30 mg a day, which I see according to this site, is more than I'm supposed to have. It helped the carpel tunnel, and has done wonders for my knee pain. It only helps mildly with my hand pain (arthritis). As far as side effects are that it has affected my bowel motions and I don't always have much warning before I need to take one.

May 5, 2010 10:37 AM

Review by sickntide:

I had so many problems walking holding stuff in my hand and I start taking this drug that I have never heard of, I started seeing a new doctor that's how I learned about it. It has helped me so much that I get teary eyed just thinking about it. The doctor that I am seeing now may have saved my life.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2009 4:45 PM

Review by monetscgb:

Mobic has been a good drug for all the basic inconveniences of arthritis. I was this close to going in for a knee replacement when my Geriatric Specialist offered Mobic. I take Pepcid with it as it is very hard on the stomach, but it has increased my mobility and reduced the pain by 90%. I am very pleased with this drug. Hooray!

111 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2009 11:57 AM