User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 247 medications

Asthma 4 reviews 142 medications

6.8
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 132 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had intermittent hip pain for many years, it really picked about three weeks ago with, at times, intolerable pain. Even with a pain pill I had difficulty sleeping sitting, always favoring my right hip to avoid the pain. After taking the Medrol dose pack, for two days the pain began to subside, The pain is now gone and dare I say I feel great! Hope it lasts!!!"

Suzhoa April 20, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had terrible ringing in the head 4 months. Worst everyday. Took meds first night couldn't sleep much. Then I wake up and barely hear the Bell. Now after 2 days Nearly quiet. thank God"

mike r. April 16, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Last month I was given this med by the orthopedic for a "pinched nerve" from my neck to shoulder down arm which was very painful. I took a double dose pak, 42 pills total. I had never took steroids before. Day 2, I immediately felt better. Great! By day 12, the last day of this regimen, I was sooo tired, bloated from lots of gas, but pain was 90 percent better. The days following, I got so weak and just wanted to sleep all the time. Good thing I am retired. It's been 3 weeks since I stopped. The pain is back full force, my legs are swollen from water retention, and I'm full of gas. Pills were good for a short time, but now I am back to square one. Had 2 MRI's yesterday, and will see the doctor in 4 days. Won't take these again."

Gem10 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "My face and chest turned red like a sun burn, my face is puffy and red. Upset stomach. bloating"

cmgo (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "After reading the reviews on this site, I was reluctant to follow through with my doctors orders and take this medicine. I was very concerned about the side effects people were having, because I don't like taking medications to begin with. The first day I paid very close attention to any side effects and didn't have any. I'm on my third day and I feel much better. My apatite hasn't increased, I haven't gained any weight, as a matter of fact, I've lost two pounds. It hasn't effected my sleep, no headaches or anything I can report. I'm feeling better, my allergies have cleared up, which I have been struggling with for years, so for me this has been a positive experience so far."

PPhish (taken for less than 1 month) April 2, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I've had issues with my immune system for 6 years. Each episode would start with little congestion, then mouth sores, attack hip & shoulder, extreme tiredness, vision problems and migraine. Episodes last 2 wks to 2 mos. Each one bringin me lower than the one before. Have been to dr and had many tests. Nothing definitive. Have appt to see a rheumatologist next month but the migraine with blurred vision and neck pain and shoulder pain had gone on for 11 days straight. Pain all over my head waking me at night. I was scared. So I called my dr after researh on Internet and asked for this medication. I started it at 3pm. By night the headache was all but gone. Not good sleep but better than misery pain. Fuzzy head blurred vision 2nd day. Still 90% bter"

Horses are my passion (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "My face and chest turned red like a sun burn"

carmerita (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "Have had surgery on my shoulder twice and my neck all over 11-12 months been dealing with pain about 2 -5 yrs before getting worst up till surgery and then after I go to PT for 6 months after each surgery and each time the pain comes back as bad as before was put on dose pac and it has helped twice pain management Doctor doesn't want to put me on a daily dose. Up till not pain meds really don't help at all Tylenol #3 helps a little. My pain has gotten to the point left neck ,shoulder and left arm the pain is to the point it takes my breath away (take me to my knees) muscle spasms in my neck till no end. Took the dose pack seemed to help was able to get out of the house only lasted about 5 days."

Kaustin6 (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had been experiencing shoulder pain from repetitive strain for about 3 years; it started off quite mild and then in the past 3-6 months had developed into a constant stabbing, throbbing pain. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendonitis, and was put on methylprednisolone and valium. After the very first day on the steroid, my pain symptoms reduced *dramatically*. On day 3, it barely hurts at all. So, so, so relieved.. I wish I'd gone to the doctor much sooner!"

RTC Tendonitis (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Excellent"

yuio January 27, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "A week ago I had a root canal done to my four front teeth I was given a prescription for thynol and an antibiotic a week later I went back to have a back up done but one of my teeth was still hurting so the dentist said the tooth was to painful so the treatment was cancel until next week and he prescription menthylprednisolone 4mg dosepak now is this med good for excessive pain due to root canal."

Poppijj January 27, 2016

For : "Finished 3 days of Solu-Medrol, last week.Not only am I NOT feeling any relief, I am feeling worse. Barely able to walk. Rigid right leg, and complete numbness on right side. This sucks"

Diana Dalmau January 26, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "31 days post-op from fusion in my neck & Microdiscectomy in my lower back. Overall, surgeries were a great success and 85% of all pre-surgical symptoms are gone. Still having pretty bad leg, hip, and pain around sciatic region as they were present five years and will of course take time to subside. I was recently put on my second 7 day 4mg methylprednisolone pack and first 24 hours have been hell. Level 10 pain in my leg where they made room for nerve and removed bone and sore hips. These pills suck in the first few days. Having taken them before, I know they work wonders, but appetite through the roof, paranoid as I have ever been, can't sleep, and pain."

Fusion & Microdiscectomy (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Progressive MS and this makes the difference between transferring between wheelchair and toilet. Prior to taking this my feet and knees were swollen and so stiff they would not bend."

185foxy (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This medicine was prescribed to treat Allergic Rhinitis and I have had terrible leg spasms and leg pain. I have eaten potassium-rich foods and have stay led hydrated but the pain will no go away. I cannot sleep due to the leg pain. I will never take this medicine again unless it is for life saving measures."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I use a Medrol Dosepak when my Ankylosing Spondylitis (spinal arthritis-not rheumatoid or osteoarthritis) is in a bad flare with painful, swollen joints. The side effect I always get for a couple of days is severe hip and lower back bone pain. But once that goes away the drug works wonders! That's why many of us call it "the drug with a double edged sword" It works amazingly but can have side effects for some people. I give it a high rating because it gives me back a much higher quality of life."

KickingAS January 4, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had contact dermatitis and was prescribed 3 weeks on medrol 16 mg. Every week the dose was lowered. The first week I had to take one pill per day, the second week half pill a day and the last week a quarter of pill a day. The side effects were horrible for me. I dealt with constipation and the eczema is not gone completely! I think doctors should inform the patients about this tremendous side effects. It is not worth it."

Ale9975 December 26, 2015

For Asthma, acute: "Having severe asthma is terrible but this medication is the only thing that helps stop an attack almost instantly. I get it through IV and it feels like there's a release in my lungs. About thirty minutes after the tightness subsides and I begin to feel air reach the lower lobes of the lungs."

Anonymous December 26, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I just had 21 teeth pulled and immediate dentures (top and bottom) put in 48 hours ago. The pain and swelling is intense but it is reducing my swollen face quite well. I also had chronic knee pain prior to this and now my knees don%u2019t hurt. That, %u201Cwanting to snap%u201D feeling when I walk is no longer there. As far as side affects, if there was anything it is dry mouth. I drink tons of water. I%u2019d like some weight gain, ha ha. I can%u2019t eat like I used to. Thumbs up to this med if your given it for dental work."

Worked for me (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

For Immunosuppression: "Currently taking 16mg of Medrol once a day as part of undergoing IVF, although I've taken it in the past at smaller doses to help with my chronic, moderately-severe asthma, which worsens in winter. While I love prednisone for what it does in helping me breathe (and hopefully in successfully helping me achieve motherhood), I hate its side effects. For me, the biggest problem is the anxiety (though weight gain isn't fun). I already have an underlying anxiety disorder, but taking this, especially in higher doses makes me feel truly "crazy." Panic at unbearable levels, insomnia, sweaty, clammy hands and feet, racing heart, irrational/inconsolable....the whole nine yards. I use it strictly as a last (or only) resort and not without caution."

LadyZantac (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had a horrible cough. Choking so bad I actually hurt my neck. I was sure it was bronchitis. Dr said no. Perscribed me this. First 2 days were fine. Then horrible stomach pains, no appetite, red rash on my face would come & go, I'm so extremely tired that no amount of sleep helps, leg cramps, I'm so sore all over I feel like I have been beaten, jaw pain. List can go on. Shortness of breath almost like a anxiety attack. I still have the cough.. I'll never take this drug again. I feel horrible."

JennyWhiz December 10, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Got the 4mg 6 day pack for neck surgery recovery. By day two, swelling went dramatically down. What I didn't expect was that the pain from my medial collateral ligament Grade 2 year from 3 weeks prior would also get relief. My knee feels fantastic. No knee stiffness from sitting. Pain decreased 80% when Pressing in medial collateral ligament tear area. Feel I got a two for one relief with this drug."

Just Old Sports Gal (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I have tried indomethicin. Never works. Methyl prednisone works almost immediately every time."

Clayclay November 23, 2015

For Dermatologic Lesion: "I took a dosepack and it did not cure my sumac. I was prescibed another dosepack. It cleared my sumac symptoms. I got Diebetis and dry mouth and I am still suffering 2 months later . I will not take this drug again . I think the medical INDUSTRY is not sane. Check the commercials on TV you have your answer"

rdave (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm a 47 year old dog groomer. I was prescribed 4mg /6 day pack for a deep root nerve inflammation in my neck due to an injury from a dog. I weigh 112 lbs. After 2 days of using this med, I went from 112 lbs to 119 lbs. I was in such a fog ; almost loopy. My legs and joints hurt severely. I have been retaining water mostly in my legs. I read up on side affects. I stopped using this med and began drinking lots and lots of water to help with the water retention. It did help with my pain very quickly, but one needs to weigh the pros and cons. I'm now wondering how long it will take to lose the near ten pounds it put on me. I'm a very healthy eater. No fast food, soda or carbs. Caloric intake is still the same. Time will tell."

No meds for me November 12, 2015