User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 249 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 84 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Review by rayray56568:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I was having sciatic nerve pain went to urgent care was given methylprednisolone 4mg dosepack. The first day I had blood in urine and stopped it immediately.

March 17, 2015 4:35 PM

Review by Mark12348776:

For Inflammatory Conditions: Took 6 day 4mg dose pack, had chest tightness and feeling of a heavy heart beat in my left peck area. Otherwise works extremely well for the inflammation in my neck and shoulder from budged disc/bursitis.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 19, 2015 12:42 PM

Review by lawsonrrrrrr:

For Inflammatory Conditions: Hi. I took this for 6 days. For a tooth pain til I get an extraction. I LOVE this medicine. Felt great it takes pain away. I took one pill each time. I never took 2 pills at once. I felt like superwoman.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 9:54 AM

Review by mehul10988:

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Asthma: Great working medication.

January 29, 2015 3:28 AM

Review by LianaG:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I am currently on this medicine for an inflamed sinus cavity, with 2 more days left. I have been experiencing HORRIBLE backaches to the point of wearing a heating pad on my back the past 3 days, the stomach cramps, constipation, fatigue, extreme thirst, UTI like symptoms and insomnia I've been experiencing!! I didn't know would happen, my pharmacist didn't really mention all of these side effects to me when I got this pill. Anyways though, I have NOT been able to breathe out of the one nostril and the other was barely open too which makes for a very difficult night of sleep however, this pill has done wonders! Within the second day I was able to breathe and lay on my one side which is something I haven't been able to do in a long time!

January 27, 2015 5:01 PM

Review by 49 fan in va:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I had foot pain on right side, my right hip also but not considered at time. I took methylprednisolone 4mg pack. By the end of the medicine, I was not having any pain in foot or hip. Wow what a difference. It made moving around and going to work was much better than a few days before. Eating with medicines helps the upset stomach. What a life change! Thanks!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 10:03 AM

Review by Cnina7613:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I have had a bad back since 21, I am 35 years old now, I have suffered in pain at all times but the occasional flare up of throwing my back out went from once a year to everyday. But then I fell flat in my butt hard a few months ago and one of the slipped discs decided to push up against my nerve and I was in complete bed rest. I could barely make it to the toilet and to sit on the toilet was hell not to mention the wonderful job of wiping! Finally went to a back doctor she gave me this. So far a miracle, I am only on day 3 but so far the pain went from a unbearable 10 to a bearable 5. I have some side effects happening, insomnia, Diarrhea, but I could not sleep anyway with the pain and I need to move around! Good luck to you all

January 23, 2015 8:11 AM

Review by Laurieriver (taken for less than 1 month):

For Neuralgia: This medication relieved my nerve pain from my neck that was also affecting my arms. It worked almost immediately. I was soon able to turn my head and use my right arm. Just watch for side effects.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 16, 2015 9:31 AM

Review by Nogo:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I just completed a 5 day pack of Methylprednisone 4mg and my neck pain gradually went away but I am paying the price because I have had upset stomach, diarrhea, etc. since the third day of the five day program. However the pain is almost gone. I hope my stomach restores itself soon because I don't remember feeling so bad. It's like a 5 day hangover.

December 16, 2014 9:33 AM

Review by Sierradawnsmom:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: Great for Lupus.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by tumor - radiation (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: Had 4mg 6 day pack. By day 3 had severe stomach and chest pain and diarrhea. Have more energy but also insomnia.

October 8, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Julie4326 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: I got prescribed a Medrol pack after my orthopedic dr confirmed my severe leg and left buttock pain was due to a L4 L5 large herniation (10mm to be exact). At first I was very hesitant to start up on these based off of all the bad scary reviews but one night I had enough of the pain and decided to start up the next morning. My only regret is that I didn't start this medication sooner! By the end of the 1st night, my pain went from an agonizing 9 down to a manageable 3-4. By the time I had finished, my pain is down to a 1-2 and my toes are getting the feeling back in them. The only side effects I did get was upset stomach, painful bloating and gas, and insomnia for a couple nights. I've only been off the medication for 3 days and feel great!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 4, 2014 5:00 AM

Review by Pompis:

For Inflammatory Conditions: Using the 4mg pack for six days. Experiencing bad heart burn, difficulty swallowing, burping, and most bothersome are symptoms of a urinary tract infection.

August 17, 2014 5:47 PM

Review by wel thats my name:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I was just diagnosed with Achilles tendinitis. I was just prescribed Medrol, feeling a little better.

August 13, 2014 8:00 PM

Review by Donnie..T:

For Gout, Acute: Best thing ever invented. I had gout nine months ago and let it run the course for about two weeks. Almost killed me. I did All home remedies and everything you found on the net. This time I awoke and could not walk. I knew what was wrong. I hopped to the doctors office and he agreed and gave me the prescription for methylpredinsoline two hours after taking the pills I started feeling better. The next day no pain and I could walk. BEST MEDICINE EVER. THANK YOU WHOEVER FOUND THIS.

August 9, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by BW2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: All these really good reviews are depressing me. I had my first ever gout attack 7 days ago and have been in mind blowing pain the entire time. My doc prescribed methyl prednisone 3 days ago, but I have so far seen absolutely no improvement, in fact, my symptoms might be worse. I have another 3 days of the pills to take, but so far it's not been effective for me. I hope that changes soon!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by Thebunny87:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I was introduced to METHYLPREDNISOLONE after having a cervical diskectomy. I was in severe pain before and after surgery. Pain meds helped very little. However 7 days of this medicine gave me unbelievable relief and the pain meds began to work again.

June 19, 2014 12:07 PM

Review by Ycy45:

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Immunosuppression: In Nov. 2013 I started to have double vision and my eyes started to close by themself. I went to a lot of doctors and had test, doctors could not find what I had. I went to a Neurologist and he prescribe me this medicine, and hour or so of taken it, I started to feel fine and my eyes doesn't close.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2014 2:29 PM

Review by Carol jackson:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I have just had a 5 day course of the tablets in conjunction with Gabapentin 100mg and have to say after the 3rd dose I was absolutely floored! Really took it out of me physically with extreme tiredness and general weakness. Think I would rather have done without them had I realised how I was going to feel.

March 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Review by Jsac (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: Relief instantly, it was/is a God send. Pain free.

February 22, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by Kathy310 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, acute: This is my first line of defense when my allergy induced asthma is out of control. Rescue inhalers have not worked for me; I cannot pull the medicine into my lungs when I am constricted. By day 2 of the dosepak, I have significant relief and can usually go off of routine nebulized bronchodilators within 6 days. Unfortunately, my doctors do not like to prescribe steroids 3-4 times/year as needed even though I have shown them it works for me.

January 25, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by Rico! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: After days of natural remedies (tons of cherries, celery, celery root extract, whatever else I could Google) I took this medication and the extreme pain in my toe was gone overnight. I still feel some pain, but had a good nights sleep and was able to walk a short distance without screaming in pain the next morning. Ignore the natural remedies from people who have never had gout. Their uninitiated minds think gout causes pain. No. Gout is days of slow, gnawing, unrelenting torture from an invisible, blunt toothed enemy, whose torment is so bad, cutting ones foot off seems like a viable option. This medication drives it far away.

December 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Review by Shane S.:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I had a lumbar discectomy and was in pretty severe pain with pain meds. After taking the first day's dose (6 pills), that night I was feeling much, much better! It was almost like magic.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2013 1:35 PM

Review by Aryl:

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: My hair is falling out. It's so hard to lose weight. I feel mentally a little off like constant irritation. I also feel a little lethargic. When I first got the shots I felt jittery for days. I'm having blurry vision.

September 28, 2013 7:46 AM

Review by chad trapezius muscle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: After a 2 day spell of not being able to move my head and had numbness in arm and head, and with a push from my wife to go to the ER, they did several tests. The doctor knew I was in a lot of pain when my blood pressure was 214/124 and me crying. He did an MRI to find out the trapezius muscle was twisted, inflamed and blocking off 4 nerves, he stated I had two options, surgery, or methylprednisolone with diazepam and oxycodone (I hate pills) but given the choice, I elected the pills. After 1 1/2 days, the movement in neck went from 0 to around 60% the pain also went about 60% away. I hear so many scary things about steroids, but I'm glad I chanced it.

September 18, 2013 6:54 AM