User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 247 medications

Asthma 4 reviews 138 medications

6.8
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 122 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had been experiencing shoulder pain from repetitive strain for about 3 years; it started off quite mild and then in the past 3-6 months had developed into a constant stabbing, throbbing pain. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with rotator cuff tendonitis, and was put on methylprednisolone and valium. After the very first day on the steroid, my pain symptoms reduced *dramatically*. On day 3, it barely hurts at all. So, so, so relieved.. I wish I'd gone to the doctor much sooner!"

RTC Tendonitis (taken for less than 1 month) January 31, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "31 days post-op from fusion in my neck & Microdiscectomy in my lower back. Overall, surgeries were a great success and 85% of all pre-surgical symptoms are gone. Still having pretty bad leg, hip, and pain around sciatic region as they were present five years and will of course take time to subside. I was recently put on my second 7 day 4mg methylprednisolone pack and first 24 hours have been hell. Level 10 pain in my leg where they made room for nerve and removed bone and sore hips. These pills suck in the first few days. Having taken them before, I know they work wonders, but appetite through the roof, paranoid as I have ever been, can't sleep, and pain."

Fusion & Microdiscectomy (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have Progressive MS and this makes the difference between transferring between wheelchair and toilet. Prior to taking this my feet and knees were swollen and so stiff they would not bend."

185foxy (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Allergic Rhinitis: "This medicine was prescribed to treat Allergic Rhinitis and I have had terrible leg spasms and leg pain. I have eaten potassium-rich foods and have stay led hydrated but the pain will no go away. I cannot sleep due to the leg pain. I will never take this medicine again unless it is for life saving measures."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2016

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I use a Medrol Dosepak when my Ankylosing Spondylitis (spinal arthritis-not rheumatoid or osteoarthritis) is in a bad flare with painful, swollen joints. The side effect I always get for a couple of days is severe hip and lower back bone pain. But once that goes away the drug works wonders! That's why many of us call it "the drug with a double edged sword" It works amazingly but can have side effects for some people. I give it a high rating because it gives me back a much higher quality of life."

KickingAS January 4, 2016

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I had contact dermatitis and was prescribed 3 weeks on medrol 16 mg. Every week the dose was lowered. The first week I had to take one pill per day, the second week half pill a day and the last week a quarter of pill a day. The side effects were horrible for me. I dealt with constipation and the eczema is not gone completely! I think doctors should inform the patients about this tremendous side effects. It is not worth it."

Ale9975 December 26, 2015

For Asthma, acute: "Having severe asthma is terrible but this medication is the only thing that helps stop an attack almost instantly. I get it through IV and it feels like there's a release in my lungs. About thirty minutes after the tightness subsides and I begin to feel air reach the lower lobes of the lungs."

Anonymous December 26, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I just had 21 teeth pulled and immediate dentures (top and bottom) put in 48 hours ago. The pain and swelling is intense but it is reducing my swollen face quite well. I also had chronic knee pain prior to this and now my knees don%u2019t hurt. That, %u201Cwanting to snap%u201D feeling when I walk is no longer there. As far as side affects, if there was anything it is dry mouth. I drink tons of water. I%u2019d like some weight gain, ha ha. I can%u2019t eat like I used to. Thumbs up to this med if your given it for dental work."

Worked for me (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2015

For Immunosuppression: "Currently taking 16mg of Medrol once a day as part of undergoing IVF, although I've taken it in the past at smaller doses to help with my chronic, moderately-severe asthma, which worsens in winter. While I love prednisone for what it does in helping me breathe (and hopefully in successfully helping me achieve motherhood), I hate its side effects. For me, the biggest problem is the anxiety (though weight gain isn't fun). I already have an underlying anxiety disorder, but taking this, especially in higher doses makes me feel truly "crazy." Panic at unbearable levels, insomnia, sweaty, clammy hands and feet, racing heart, irrational/inconsolable....the whole nine yards. I use it strictly as a last (or only) resort and not without caution."

LadyZantac (taken for less than 1 month) December 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Had a horrible cough. Choking so bad I actually hurt my neck. I was sure it was bronchitis. Dr said no. Perscribed me this. First 2 days were fine. Then horrible stomach pains, no appetite, red rash on my face would come & go, I'm so extremely tired that no amount of sleep helps, leg cramps, I'm so sore all over I feel like I have been beaten, jaw pain. List can go on. Shortness of breath almost like a anxiety attack. I still have the cough.. I'll never take this drug again. I feel horrible."

JennyWhiz December 10, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Got the 4mg 6 day pack for neck surgery recovery. By day two, swelling went dramatically down. What I didn't expect was that the pain from my medial collateral ligament Grade 2 year from 3 weeks prior would also get relief. My knee feels fantastic. No knee stiffness from sitting. Pain decreased 80% when Pressing in medial collateral ligament tear area. Feel I got a two for one relief with this drug."

Just Old Sports Gal (taken for less than 1 month) December 8, 2015

For Gout, Acute: "I have tried indomethicin. Never works. Methyl prednisone works almost immediately every time."

Clayclay November 23, 2015

For Dermatologic Lesion: "I took a dosepack and it did not cure my sumac. I was prescibed another dosepack. It cleared my sumac symptoms. I got Diebetis and dry mouth and I am still suffering 2 months later . I will not take this drug again . I think the medical INDUSTRY is not sane. Check the commercials on TV you have your answer"

rdave (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I'm a 47 year old dog groomer. I was prescribed 4mg /6 day pack for a deep root nerve inflammation in my neck due to an injury from a dog. I weigh 112 lbs. After 2 days of using this med, I went from 112 lbs to 119 lbs. I was in such a fog ; almost loopy. My legs and joints hurt severely. I have been retaining water mostly in my legs. I read up on side affects. I stopped using this med and began drinking lots and lots of water to help with the water retention. It did help with my pain very quickly, but one needs to weigh the pros and cons. I'm now wondering how long it will take to lose the near ten pounds it put on me. I'm a very healthy eater. No fast food, soda or carbs. Caloric intake is still the same. Time will tell."

No meds for me November 12, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took this for Gout, after the first day the pain was gone."

Raky November 1, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Got this for chronic sinus infection, works great! Took it because I couldn't breath which in turn means I couldn't sleep. But now I can't sleep because of insomnia, chest pain, & heavy chest. Not sure I would have started this had I known."

Donovan111111 October 29, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "The doctor prescribed this to me along with levaquin for a severe sinus infection. Took it for 4 days,and on the 5th door, terrible dizziness and unsteadiness on my feet. Insomnia & constipation have also been rearing their ugly heads. I'd take the sinus infection again, rather than feeling faint and dizzy all day."

LaurieHart October 23, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I took this after extensive dental work I had on a tooth. The tooth seemed fine and it was determined either my jaw muscles (due to being open so long for the work) or the swelling of my gums were causing my extreme pain (for 5+ days). Advil was helping but once it wore off the pain would return and I was getting an upset stomach from so much advil. Was put on a 6 day medrol pack to see if it would reduce the swelling. After taking the first pill, the pain was gone. After I finished the pills, the severe pain has not come back. The side effects were pretty mild - just a bit of jumpiness and jitteriness - WAY more tolerable than the pain I had been in. I wanted to write a positive review because this medicine really helped me"

JJTJ October 21, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took it for Chondomalacia, arthritis, inflammation in my knees. After day 1, I felt 80% better. Able to sit, stand, bend my knees without tearing up. Day 2 almost better. Little lethargy, some indigestion. Other than that, totally worth it Should note that I took it for my back before also- didn't work as well, but on knees it works really well."

Jjkj October 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Day Two of Methylprednisolone 4mg. Tendonitis in elbow hurts worse than it did before beginning medication, general feeling of lethargy and slight depression but no other apparent side effects."

PaintingCherokee (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2015

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: "I have had to be on this medicine 2 to Three times a year for the last three years. I wish I was able to give it to myself instead of being admitted everytime. Not sure if insurance covers it but it would be worth looking into."

SuePado September 29, 2015

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Having had rheumatoid arthritis with secondary sjorgrens and Raynaud's for twenty odd years I have tried so many combinations of medication. The best result was Methotrexate but unfortunately after a bout of pneumonia this was stopped. I was at my wits end and lost interest in everything.....even the news that I was going to be a grandma! My rheumatologist, seeing my distress gave me the injection and its like a new world! I have the odd 'ouch' but I can now sleep, my memory is back, I can smile and mean it. Don't know how long it will last but for me its been a bit of a lifesaver."

Natawol (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Took it for my knee inflammation due to a tear which is causing pain, throbbing and cramping. Took it the first day started with dizziness, nausea, chills, cold hands, fever. Had to Discontinue the medication"

Kevi31 September 22, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "Day 4 on the 6 day pak (4mg each) and I feel awful. Insomnia, doctor gave me valium to sleep, only slept 3 hours each day. Shakiness and nauseous and my sinus infection doesn't feel much better. Had I known about the side effects I never would have started."

Connor15 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2015

For Inflammatory Conditions: "I have had horrible tendinitis in both elbows for a year now. Went to the Dr. She prescribed 4mg methylprednisolone. After 2 days of taking medication, absolutely no side effects and almost no pain in my elbows!! Absolutely wonderful meds!!"

Rod Rey September 7, 2015