User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Atopic Dermatitis 1 reviews 244 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Methylprednisolone reviews 75 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Review by Sierradawnsmom:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: Great for Lupus.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 9:24 PM

Review by tumor - radiation (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: Had 4mg 6 day pack. By day 3 had severe stomach and chest pain and diarrhea. Have more energy but also insomnia.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 8, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by Julie4326 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: I got prescribed a Medrol pack after my orthopedic dr confirmed my severe leg and left buttock pain was due to a L4 L5 large herniation (10mm to be exact). At first I was very hesitant to start up on these based off of all the bad scary reviews but one night I had enough of the pain and decided to start up the next morning. My only regret is that I didn't start this medication sooner! By the end of the 1st night, my pain went from an agonizing 9 down to a manageable 3-4. By the time I had finished, my pain is down to a 1-2 and my toes are getting the feeling back in them. The only side effects I did get was upset stomach, painful bloating and gas, and insomnia for a couple nights. I've only been off the medication for 3 days and feel great!

September 4, 2014 5:00 AM

Review by Pompis:

For Inflammatory Conditions: Using the 4mg pack for six days. Experiencing bad heart burn, difficulty swallowing, burping, and most bothersome are symptoms of a urinary tract infection.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 17, 2014 5:47 PM

Review by wel thats my name:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I was just diagnosed with Achilles tendinitis. I was just prescribed Medrol, feeling a little better.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 8:00 PM

Review by Donnie..T:

For Gout, Acute: Best thing ever invented. I had gout nine months ago and let it run the course for about two weeks. Almost killed me. I did All home remedies and everything you found on the net. This time I awoke and could not walk. I knew what was wrong. I hopped to the doctors office and he agreed and gave me the prescription for methylpredinsoline two hours after taking the pills I started feeling better. The next day no pain and I could walk. BEST MEDICINE EVER. THANK YOU WHOEVER FOUND THIS.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by BW2 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: All these really good reviews are depressing me. I had my first ever gout attack 7 days ago and have been in mind blowing pain the entire time. My doc prescribed methyl prednisone 3 days ago, but I have so far seen absolutely no improvement, in fact, my symptoms might be worse. I have another 3 days of the pills to take, but so far it's not been effective for me. I hope that changes soon!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by Thebunny87:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I was introduced to METHYLPREDNISOLONE after having a cervical diskectomy. I was in severe pain before and after surgery. Pain meds helped very little. However 7 days of this medicine gave me unbelievable relief and the pain meds began to work again.

June 19, 2014 12:07 PM

Review by Ycy45:

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone) for Immunosuppression: In Nov. 2013 I started to have double vision and my eyes started to close by themself. I went to a lot of doctors and had test, doctors could not find what I had. I went to a Neurologist and he prescribe me this medicine, and hour or so of taken it, I started to feel fine and my eyes doesn't close.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 19, 2014 2:29 PM

Review by Carol jackson:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I have just had a 5 day course of the tablets in conjunction with Gabapentin 100mg and have to say after the 3rd dose I was absolutely floored! Really took it out of me physically with extreme tiredness and general weakness. Think I would rather have done without them had I realised how I was going to feel.

March 14, 2014 9:33 AM

Review by Jsac (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: Relief instantly, it was/is a God send. Pain free.

February 22, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by Kathy310 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Asthma, acute: This is my first line of defense when my allergy induced asthma is out of control. Rescue inhalers have not worked for me; I cannot pull the medicine into my lungs when I am constricted. By day 2 of the dosepak, I have significant relief and can usually go off of routine nebulized bronchodilators within 6 days. Unfortunately, my doctors do not like to prescribe steroids 3-4 times/year as needed even though I have shown them it works for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2014 12:58 AM

Review by Rico! (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: After days of natural remedies (tons of cherries, celery, celery root extract, whatever else I could Google) I took this medication and the extreme pain in my toe was gone overnight. I still feel some pain, but had a good nights sleep and was able to walk a short distance without screaming in pain the next morning. Ignore the natural remedies from people who have never had gout. Their uninitiated minds think gout causes pain. No. Gout is days of slow, gnawing, unrelenting torture from an invisible, blunt toothed enemy, whose torment is so bad, cutting ones foot off seems like a viable option. This medication drives it far away.

December 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Review by Shane S.:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I had a lumbar discectomy and was in pretty severe pain with pain meds. After taking the first day's dose (6 pills), that night I was feeling much, much better! It was almost like magic.

October 19, 2013 1:35 PM

Review by Aryl:

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: My hair is falling out. It's so hard to lose weight. I feel mentally a little off like constant irritation. I also feel a little lethargic. When I first got the shots I felt jittery for days. I'm having blurry vision.

September 28, 2013 7:46 AM

Review by chad trapezius muscle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: After a 2 day spell of not being able to move my head and had numbness in arm and head, and with a push from my wife to go to the ER, they did several tests. The doctor knew I was in a lot of pain when my blood pressure was 214/124 and me crying. He did an MRI to find out the trapezius muscle was twisted, inflamed and blocking off 4 nerves, he stated I had two options, surgery, or methylprednisolone with diazepam and oxycodone (I hate pills) but given the choice, I elected the pills. After 1 1/2 days, the movement in neck went from 0 to around 60% the pain also went about 60% away. I hear so many scary things about steroids, but I'm glad I chanced it.

September 18, 2013 6:54 AM

Review by Immobile (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: This is a miracle for me. I "throw my back out" about once a year. When I do it I am out of commission. Only 1 or 2 positions are tolerable and those require laying down. After 2 days of the dose pack I can walk again. After 3 or 4 days I am pretty much back to normal. My only issue with this is I have to get a script from the doctor. This usually leaves me at least one day on my couch in immobilizing pain. I wish I could keep a few of these packs on hand for emergency purposes.

August 19, 2013 9:51 AM

Review by Sciatica (taken for less than 1 month):

For Inflammatory Conditions: After two months of physical therapy and chiro visits I couldn't take the sciatic pain any longer. An urgent weekend visit resulted in a steroid injection and a pack of these pills. I started taking them along with 800mg ibuprofen, using ice packs, and continuing my PT stretches. It took a couple days but I'm starting to feel better and I hope it continues! I do feel more thirsty, have a lot of energy and need to pee more often (probably from drinking much more water). But so far those are the only side effects I notice. And honestly, the energy boost is appreciated after the exhausting, extremely painful last couple of months.

July 24, 2013 1:32 AM

Review by Jolly Green Giant:

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Osteoarthritis: I get an injection (40) in my hip and knee every three months. Has been a great relief for over 5 years. I am almost 68 years old. Have told other seniors of this great injection to avoid or delay knee and hip replacement and pain relief.

July 17, 2013 8:59 PM

Review by SAL56:

For Gout, Acute: Had gout very bad. Took this medicine and it worked very good. Love it, pain free.

June 20, 2013 8:17 AM

Review by Solumedrol Fan (taken for less than 1 month):

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: I was diagnosed with acute laryngopharyngitis which inflamed my throat, tonsills, and mouth. My body didn't react to amoxicillin so I went a whole weekend in severe pain. Wentt to my docs office at 10am Monday, was hospitalized by 1pm, Solu Medrol by 2pm and pain free by 7pm. Over the course of three days I was very moody, stomach and chest pain, constipation, and never slept but once discharged after 3 days of treatment I was back to my old self within 48hours. The side effects are bad but the effects are heaven sent for pain and inflammation. I have heard the same about Multiple Sclerosis and gout sufferers. God bless you all!

May 23, 2013 11:21 PM

Review by Nickk57:

For Inflammatory Conditions: I was prescribed this due to a stress fracture in my foot that was greatly inflamed as I did not find out that it was fractured until 2 months after the fact. After the first dose of taking all 6 at once (6 day cycle of 21 pills) I slept great, but woke up with terrible dry mouth and throat, and had trouble breathing. Also feeling fatigue was an issue. Being an 18 yo male I would rather just cope with the pain, and simply wear the brace that they gave me to take the pressure off my foot, I feel that the adverse affects I got were not worth taking the inflammation off through time; although it did take care of the inflammation within two days.

May 2, 2013 2:28 PM

Review by Bo-MT (taken for less than 1 month):

For Neuralgia: I had severe Sciatic pain for all of 5 months, and after seeing 5 different doctors, the last one had me on the Medrol Pak, and within 7 days, all my pain had completely gone away. No after effects or problems. I had gone through MRIs, and Pressure Cuff tests, Physical Therapy etc. but the only thing that helped rid the pain was; the Medrol Pak therapy. Excellent medicine!

March 31, 2013 10:15 AM

Review by j back:

For Gout, Acute: I had one week of help me please trying to use my medications on gout. Gout in the toe in my ankle and then my left wrist. The last place was the wrist and the pain was so bad I started to go to the emergency room but held out for a dr. Visit so much cheaper. My dr. Prescribed me methylprednisone. By the next day the wrist was down to almost normal size and pain was almost gone. I gave it a 10. Its great medicine.

March 30, 2013 3:14 PM

Review by pain & fatigue (taken for less than 1 month):

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone) for Inflammatory Conditions: I had extreme fatigue with back pain, headache and nausea for 3-4 weeks. I couldn't sleep but was tired all the time. After 2-3 days taking the 6 day Dosepak I felt 80% better. I was still a little fatigued and my back still hurt some but I truly felt 80% better. I am starting day 4 tomorrow and hope to continue on this path as life has been absolutely miserable the last few weeks.

March 14, 2013 5:25 PM