User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Methylprednisolone review summary

9.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 58 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Gout, Acute

Review by Donnie..T:

Best thing ever invented. I had gout nine months ago and let it run the course for about two weeks. Almost killed me. I did All home remedies and everything you found on the net. This time I awoke and could not walk. I knew what was wrong. I hopped to the doctors office and he agreed and gave me the prescription for methylpredinsoline two hours after taking the pills I started feeling better. The next day no pain and I could walk. BEST MEDICINE EVER. THANK YOU WHOEVER FOUND THIS.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 9, 2014 7:15 PM

Review by BW2 (taken for less than 1 month):

All these really good reviews are depressing me. I had my first ever gout attack 7 days ago and have been in mind blowing pain the entire time. My doc prescribed methyl prednisone 3 days ago, but I have so far seen absolutely no improvement, in fact, my symptoms might be worse. I have another 3 days of the pills to take, but so far it's not been effective for me. I hope that changes soon!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2014 9:04 PM

Review by Jsac (taken for less than 1 month):

Relief instantly, it was/is a God send. Pain free.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2014 11:55 PM

Review by Rico! (taken for less than 1 month):

After days of natural remedies (tons of cherries, celery, celery root extract, whatever else I could Google) I took this medication and the extreme pain in my toe was gone overnight. I still feel some pain, but had a good nights sleep and was able to walk a short distance without screaming in pain the next morning. Ignore the natural remedies from people who have never had gout. Their uninitiated minds think gout causes pain. No. Gout is days of slow, gnawing, unrelenting torture from an invisible, blunt toothed enemy, whose torment is so bad, cutting ones foot off seems like a viable option. This medication drives it far away.

December 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Review by SAL56:

Had gout very bad. Took this medicine and it worked very good. Love it, pain free.

June 20, 2013 8:17 AM

Review by j back:

I had one week of help me please trying to use my medications on gout. Gout in the toe in my ankle and then my left wrist. The last place was the wrist and the pain was so bad I started to go to the emergency room but held out for a dr. Visit so much cheaper. My dr. Prescribed me methylprednisone. By the next day the wrist was down to almost normal size and pain was almost gone. I gave it a 10. Its great medicine.

March 30, 2013 3:14 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): Works quickly to relieve pain. Rarely need full dosage to completely relieve pain. Have tried shots, indomethacin, Celebrex, Etodolac(severe reaction). This works best, have used for over 10 years now. Use only upon attack.

August 28, 2012 4:03 PM

I had my ankle swell up from gout and couldn't sleep a wink or walk the next morning because of severe pain. Took the pills as directed and 24 hours later was out using the snow blower for 3 hours with no pain. I was just diagnosed with gout, which is a bummer, but now that I know, I can take this medicine and cut gout attacks that sometimes lasted weeks where I would have to use crutches down to hours.

December 24, 2011 3:01 AM

I started the medicine a couple of hours before taking the indomethacin. I got immediate relief from pain. Today is my third day on the program. The joint of big toe is still red, but I continue to be pain free. I think sleep apnea, aggravated by rhinitis (hay fever) and not drinking enough water could be responsible for the flare up. The last attack happened about the same time last year (during hay fever season.)

November 17, 2011 9:44 PM

Review by essiemoo:

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): I usually wait to take this drug in the hope that the gout pain will pass. I ALWAYS regret not taking it right away. You feel relief in a couple of hours and I have never had a side effect or stomach upset. For me it works great. Sometimes though the day after I take the last pill my toe knuckle swells up again. I wait again to restart the dose.

July 8, 2010 9:30 AM

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): Pain disappears almost immediately after the first dose.

January 9, 2010 12:46 AM

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): Sometimes takes several hours to work after being administered but usually relief is dramatic. Best medication I have had to relieve the pain and swelling after an acute attack of gout without having a Cortizone injection in the joint. The injection in the joint is very painful but works quicker, but i.v treatment is the best route.

January 4, 2010 12:18 AM

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): Fast acting relief felt in the first day

December 19, 2009 12:58 AM

Review by Gout Man:

With the first dose there was a huge reduction of my pain. I get gout every 2 to 3 years and have always had success with this medication. The pain is completely gone in just a couple of days everytime.

December 1, 2009 1:24 PM

The immediate relief was like a miracle. No pain within 12 hours of starting treatment. Amazing

July 5, 2009 10:21 AM