User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Methylprednisolone Review Summary

9.4/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 59 medications used in the treatment of Gout, Acute.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Gout, Acute

Medrol (methylprednisolone): "Use it for knee pain with gout, arthritis,etc diagnosis with 6 to 12 months flair ups with excellent results"

Duquedalva May 10, 2015

"My primary care doctor prescribed indomethacin and I couldn't tolerate it because, among other things, it made me itch badly and my ears rang a lot. I told my podiatrist and he suggested methprednisolone because I only have to take it for 6 days per episode and likely, it would not make me itch or cause ear ringing. Well, he was RIGHT. The morning after my FIRST DOSE, I felt relief. The pain had substantially decreased and I was walking normally again. After 2 days, the pain was GONE. I still finished the dose as instructed though. I didn't have another episode for 6 months and after my first dose during the 2nd, my pain was gone. This is a great drug and not having to take it every day when I take so many other meds is a God-send."

Dee110 April 30, 2015

"I experience gout in my big toe (right usually I believe). I had a flare at night while on vacation (for hiking, walking) and walked quite bit the following day (with a good deal of pain). Three days later it was as bad as it's ever been. Red, hot, swollen and inflamed. I was in Maui with my wife. What caused it was 2 meals with healthy servings of Ahi, a 10 hour plane ride with little water and alcohol - wine, a beer, martinis. I overflowed the purine bucket. I called my Dr. Daughter and she wrote me a script. I took the entire first row as soon as I got it (per her directions). Within 2-3 hours, the gnawing pain subsided, I was able to sleep all night and walk (hobble) in the AM. I'm 75% better after 24 hours, but can't go on walk."

Goutman February 24, 2015

"Best thing ever invented. I had gout nine months ago and let it run the course for about two weeks. Almost killed me. I did All home remedies and everything you found on the net. This time I awoke and could not walk. I knew what was wrong. I hopped to the doctors office and he agreed and gave me the prescription for methylpredinsoline two hours after taking the pills I started feeling better. The next day no pain and I could walk. BEST MEDICINE EVER. THANK YOU WHOEVER FOUND THIS."

Donnie..T August 9, 2014

"All these really good reviews are depressing me. I had my first ever gout attack 7 days ago and have been in mind blowing pain the entire time. My doc prescribed methyl prednisone 3 days ago, but I have so far seen absolutely no improvement, in fact, my symptoms might be worse. I have another 3 days of the pills to take, but so far it's not been effective for me. I hope that changes soon!"

BW2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2014

"Relief instantly, it was/is a God send. Pain free."

Jsac (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2014

"After days of natural remedies (tons of cherries, celery, celery root extract, whatever else I could Google) I took this medication and the extreme pain in my toe was gone overnight. I still feel some pain, but had a good nights sleep and was able to walk a short distance without screaming in pain the next morning. Ignore the natural remedies from people who have never had gout. Their uninitiated minds think gout causes pain. No. Gout is days of slow, gnawing, unrelenting torture from an invisible, blunt toothed enemy, whose torment is so bad, cutting ones foot off seems like a viable option. This medication drives it far away."

Rico! (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2013

"Had gout very bad. Took this medicine and it worked very good. Love it, pain free."

SAL56 June 20, 2013

"I had one week of help me please trying to use my medications on gout. Gout in the toe in my ankle and then my left wrist. The last place was the wrist and the pain was so bad I started to go to the emergency room but held out for a dr. Visit so much cheaper. My dr. Prescribed me methylprednisone. By the next day the wrist was down to almost normal size and pain was almost gone. I gave it a 10. Its great medicine."

j back March 30, 2013

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "Works quickly to relieve pain. Rarely need full dosage to completely relieve pain. Have tried shots, indomethacin, Celebrex, Etodolac(severe reaction). This works best, have used for over 10 years now. Use only upon attack."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2012

"I had my ankle swell up from gout and couldn't sleep a wink or walk the next morning because of severe pain. Took the pills as directed and 24 hours later was out using the snow blower for 3 hours with no pain. I was just diagnosed with gout, which is a bummer, but now that I know, I can take this medicine and cut gout attacks that sometimes lasted weeks where I would have to use crutches down to hours."

Anonymous December 24, 2011

"I started the medicine a couple of hours before taking the indomethacin. I got immediate relief from pain. Today is my third day on the program. The joint of big toe is still red, but I continue to be pain free. I think sleep apnea, aggravated by rhinitis (hay fever) and not drinking enough water could be responsible for the flare up. The last attack happened about the same time last year (during hay fever season.)"

Anonymous November 17, 2011

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "I usually wait to take this drug in the hope that the gout pain will pass. I ALWAYS regret not taking it right away. You feel relief in a couple of hours and I have never had a side effect or stomach upset. For me it works great. Sometimes though the day after I take the last pill my toe knuckle swells up again. I wait again to restart the dose. "

essiemoo July 8, 2010

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): "Pain disappears almost immediately after the first dose."

Anonymous January 9, 2010

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): "Sometimes takes several hours to work after being administered but usually relief is dramatic. Best medication I have had to relieve the pain and swelling after an acute attack of gout without having a Cortizone injection in the joint. The injection in the joint is very painful but works quicker, but i.v treatment is the best route."

Anonymous January 4, 2010

MethylPREDNISolone Dose Pack (methylprednisolone): "Fast acting relief felt in the first day"

Anonymous December 19, 2009

"With the first dose there was a huge reduction of my pain. I get gout every 2 to 3 years and have always had success with this medication. The pain is completely gone in just a couple of days everytime."

Gout Man December 1, 2009

"The immediate relief was like a miracle. No pain within 12 hours of starting treatment. Amazing"

Anonymous July 5, 2009