User Reviews for Methylprednisolone

Also known as: A-Methapred, Adlone-40, Adlone-80, Dep Medalone 80, Depmedalone, Depo-Medrol, Depoject-80, Depopred, Duralone, M-Prednisolone, Med-Jec-40, Medipred, Medralone, Medralone 40, Medralone 80, ...show all 25 brand names

Learn more about Methylprednisolone.

Methylprednisolone review summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

Compare all 276 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Methylprednisolone to treat Osteoarthritis

Review by Jolly Green Giant:

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): I get an injection (40) in my hip and knee every three months. Has been a great relief for over 5 years. I am almost 68 years old. Have told other seniors of this great injection to avoid or delay knee and hip replacement and pain relief.

July 17, 2013 8:59 PM

Review by 1111sallyg:

Depo-Medrol (methylprednisolone): Had injections in both knees today. Aching a little but severe pain easing. I have been advised by specialist as long as shots work to avoid having knee replacements, as that is a long time to recoup. I hate reading all the side effects of Depo Medrol, too. The dosage is very minimal I've been told. Today's injection was my first since July!

January 22, 2013 5:34 PM

The medication was a wonder drug and I was able to move with great mobility. I was able to walk without help and bend but the one thing it did do was raise my blood pressure. I got off of it and now I have to monitor my blood pressure to see that it does not go dangerously high. I wish they could make a medication similar to this without that side effect because having the pain in something awful.

September 4, 2009 12:15 PM

Review by pen123:

Medrol Dosepak (methylprednisolone): Truly a quality of life improver. I can't thank my doctor enough for giving me this prescription when I have debilitating flare ups. Just have to rest and not over exert your joints when on this medicine. Let the swelling subside before returning to normal activities. For me, 2-3 days, and I feel great.

August 15, 2009 8:44 PM

Review by GV13321aol.com:

Solu-Medrol (methylprednisolone): I have osteoarthritis, some days the pain in ALL my joints is very bad. I have taken Solumedrol several times and have relief (not stopping the pain) for a few months, but I need it again.

March 5, 2008 5:49 PM