User Reviews for Humira

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Humira reviews 172 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Humira

Review by Theo78825 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Crohn's Disease: I've have no major side effects! I'm a little more prone to mild infection as with other immunosuppressants. The only side effect I have, is a strong burning sensation while injecting. This is remedied by icing the area before hand and allowing the pen to warm to room temperature immediately before injection.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by MsMonie:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Not completely pain free and stiff joint free. But the fatigue is awful. 5 inj so far, can sleep all day if my family didn't need me. Very lethargic and drained.

January 21, 2015 12:19 AM

Review by Ohio Guy:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: Had ulcerative colitis/Crohn's Disease for 20+ years. Was on sulfasalazine, taking prednisone for flare-ups. Switched to Lialda 3 years ago. It had fewer side effects, but did not control my condition. After 2 serious bouts of anemia (one hospitalization and 5 units of blood), my doctor decided on Humira. That was 6 months ago. No side effects at first, but recently got a sinus infection (congestion, coughing, very sore throat). Took prescribed antibiotics, but it won't go away. I felt better while taking the antibiotics, but the symptoms returned after they were done. Hope this is not a sign of things to come! Decreased ability to fight infections, right?

January 5, 2015 11:05 AM

Review by Spiral Architect (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis (for at least a decade now) have led me to Humira. The results have been super since I began a few years ago. Brown spots, freckle sized, have appeared in the areas where the Psoriasis was. No one has any idea from Drs to pharmacists.

December 22, 2014 5:53 PM

Review by Tmoak:

For Psoriasis: Treated severe psoriasis.

December 18, 2014 9:14 PM

Review by SlightlyMoreFirmPoop (taken for less than 1 month):

For Crohn's Disease: I had been on 5-ASAs (4g per os + 4g enema) for a while and could not improve my symptoms. Humira induced clinical remission almost immediately after the first loading dose (160 mg). I hope it stays this way!

November 20, 2014 10:00 PM

Review by Summer1985 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Plaque Psoriasis: I was diagnosed with plaque psoriasis this year and was started on Humira shortly after the diagnosis..... I cannot be more pleased with any other medication! Within 2 months my skin was completely clear and itch free! No more redness or scaling... Humira is a miracle.

November 11, 2014 3:18 AM

Review by Tim 45 year old male (taken for less than 1 month):

For Psoriasis: I have psoriasis on my wrist, elbows and knees. It has been a month now and already seeing great results already, my wrist is all clear. My elbows and knees looking much better. The only side effect I have had is after taking the injection is I feel a little nauseous for about 2 days. Other than that I feel great.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by Lorencait:

For Crohn's Disease: I had to take a year and half off from college because I felt so ill all the time and it wasn't completely confirmed that I had Crohn's. I was basically bedridden and didn't work. Then finally my doctors confirmed it and I had the option to be put on Remicade or Humira. After much consideration, I chose Humira and am so glad I did. It's convenient and I am back in college and working! I feel so great most of the time. It's a life saver for me. I hope to go into remission soon!

November 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Review by Super n (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: 5.5 yrs on this miracle

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 3:05 AM

Review by Thank You Abbvie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I had forgotten how it felt like to be normal and healthy. To have energy. I was experiencing this after three months on Humira only to be abruptly dropped from my insurance plan. So thankful for the Abbvie patient assistance plan which has now approved me for a full year! I am looking forward to getting better again in the months ahead. I was afraid I was going to lose my job because of the flares but now I am hopeful. Thanks

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 1, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by Cinnamon Spice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Humira gave me my life back! I received four different diagnosis by four different Rheumatologists. Diagnosis: Fibromalagia, Connective Tissue Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, lastly Lupus. I used to have severe joint pain, mostly in my legs, difficulty walking long distances, inflammation, insomnia, depression, 60lb weight gain from steroids, stomach bloating, joint stiffness throughout the night, I would toss and turn throughout the night due to the stiff achey joint pain. My legs were the most achey, I would cry at night because the pain was so unbearable. I hated when it was time for bed, because I knew pain would accompany sleep with stiffness. I felt like I was 90 years old. I was a"Hot Mess!" Thank GOD for Humira!!

October 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Review by PetiteCdn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been on all the medicines and have achieved remission of various lengths with gold injections (1.5 yrs), minocycline (8 yrs), Enbrel (5 years before the efficacy started to diminish) and Humira (1 year) over the past 30 years. As a result of all the medicine treatments I now have horrible lung complications similar to COPD (have never smoked anything). When the pain is excruciating you are willing to take anything to make it better. Enbrel and Humira have left me with a continuous sinus infection that I keep under control with regular salt water rinses. I have no ability to fight off infection and keep getting lung infections which require me to stop the injections for the arthritis and every time you stop, your body builds immunity.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 11:10 AM

Review by JHC1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I've injected three Humira pen needles so far, been on the treatment for six weeks. I've had Psoriatic Arthritis for 13 years. Humira began clearing up the psoriasis on my elbows after the second injection. My scalp is beginning to flake a bit less. My actual arthritis feels about the same so far. My rheumatologist wants me to stay on Humira at least 6 months to try it on my psoriasis, as long as I don't have an adverse reaction to it. It took about six weeks beforehand, after I got the written prescription for my BCBS insurance to approve the twice monthly medicated needles. It's around $5k per month for the two needles but I pay only $90 month co pay after the coverage. I will report back here again if I have further significant recovery, I'm hopeful.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 19, 2014 10:13 AM

Review by DougUte (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Crohn's Disease: Been on Humira over two years. This medicine brought my Crohn's under control. I am on one pen every two weeks. Brought it into remission. Well worth the painful shot. That pain is gone in seconds. Beats chronic pain.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 30, 2014 1:20 AM

Review by Daisysofie123 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: I've had Crohn's Disease since I was 8 years old. I am 52 now. I've had over 15 surgeries related to the disease. Humira has made my life so much better than I can ever remember it being. Not only is the medication great, but between the manufacturer (Abbvie), Connecticare,& Walgreens, they have me on a reduced cost plan which makes it easily affordable .

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 18, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by lokiodiin:

For Psoriasis: I have been dealing with psoriasis for over 25 years. I have tried many creams, etc., and I have had some success with Enbrel. 25 years means I have multiple issues (skin, nails, scalp, ears, genitals). I injected Humira three days ago, and I see a difference. Many areas of my skin have gotten clearer. I have read other reviews, but I believe it is like many medicines like this. Some work very well for certain people, but is almost harmful for others. I believe anti-depressants work like this. Some work well for some patients, but others need something different. Regardless, it is a struggle. Good luck to everyone finding something that works, at least somewhat.

September 9, 2014 9:21 PM

Review by Zapo:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Diagnosed with sero negative rheumatoid arthritis about five years ago. It came on very quickly and pain was awful. Took methotrexate, but was quite ill from side effects. Thought I Achieved remission and stopped methotrexate. Unfortunately, the disease was active and recently had a flare that has lasted for months. Blood work all negative. Rheumatologist ordered an MRI and found bone erosion in the wrists. Started Humira and had relief of symptoms shortly after. Just took second injection. The nurse who instructed me on the shots said to leave it out of refrigerator for 30 minutes, ice the site and inject. I have done both injections in my stomach with no pain. Using the Humira pen. Also iced spot for 5 minutes afterwards

September 2, 2014 9:09 PM

Review by Velta12 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: This is a fantastic medicine. I'm 31 years old and have struggled with back pain since being about 25. Being very tall (6'4) many of the issues were put down to my tallness. When the back pain started affecting my breathing I knew something more that being tall was a play. After a number of differing referrals, I was finally passed to a Rheumatology specialist who spotted my symptoms very quickly and suggested my treatment. It took over a month to get the test results and approvals but when I started treatment the results were within a week for me. Now I have next to no pain and I have no real symptoms. The injections are uncomfortable but for 10 seconds of pain for 2 weeks of being able to move and breathe without being in pain is worth it.

August 11, 2014 2:24 PM

Review by T P (taken for less than 1 month):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2012, at 25. After an allergic reaction to methotrexate, I was put on leflunomide with great success for a short while. Unfortunately for me, my rheumatoid arthritis has affected every joint in my body. Every flare up is different, but everything hurts at some point. I seeked a second opinion and was immediately prescribed Humira. Like many others, I was given the pen. I must say that the suspense leading up to pushing that button is far worse than the 15 or so seconds of pain. I was given a sample fresh from the fridge at my appointment, and it hurt like hell. My nurse shared with me to let it come to room temp. I do my first at-home injection next week. Hoping for great results.

July 30, 2014 9:44 PM

Review by Itchy bryan (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Plaque Psoriasis: Unfortunately Humira did not work for my plaque psoriasis. I have psoriasis on the trunks of my legs, elbows, arms, hands and did not experience any clearing after 5 months.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 10:59 PM

Review by dagmastr12:

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: I see some comments about painful injections, I had that too but I wasn't letting the medication warm up after taking it out of the refrigerator, if it warms up it's no problem. I've been on this about 4 months and I'm feeling better every week. It's awesome.

June 30, 2014 8:44 AM

Review by Al C:

For Plaque Psoriasis: I've had moderate psoriasis for over 30 yrs also severe pitting and deteriated finger and toe nails, swollen fingers and toes. After 1 yr on Humira I was 95 % clear including my nails. I'm still doing good on Humira after 4 yrs. I'm probably 80 -85% clear and no scalp psoriasis at all which was real bad. I use the pen for injections. I know eventually it will lose it's effect and then I'll move on to something else. But for now it's shorts, tank tops and a crew cut.

June 29, 2014 11:49 PM

Review by Polkadott (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: Since being on Humira, I am a whole new person. It was hard being diagnosed at 29 with a new baby to take care of. I could barely get out of bed, open a jar or change a diaper. I do have headaches often, fatigue and slight mood swings, but worth it. I have my life back.

June 15, 2014 2:25 AM

Review by steve130:

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I have used this for over a year and a half at first it worked fine however now after long term use I have started to have some heart issues. I'm only 53, have had good heart. Last shot I took put me down for 3 days the second day after I was hardly able to walk and had bad heart palpitations along with high fever all of which are side effects. I have appointment coming up and will not take another shot.

May 24, 2014 8:13 PM