User Reviews for Humira

6.3
Hidradenitis Suppurativa 1 reviews 1 medications

Summary of Humira reviews 261 reviews 7.9

Reviews for Humira

For Psoriasis "Worked good for about 4 months then my psoriasis started to come back within 8 months it almost like it was before Humira. One year later it has became completely useless."

Rockymountainway (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "Hello all! I never do these things but I wanted to share my experience with everyone. In 2013 I was diagnosed with plaque psoriasis :/ ointments helped at first but eventually my condition became worse. My self confidence was at an all time low, I couldn't go outside without feeling embarrassed. My doctor recommended Humira. I have been on Humira for about 5 months now. I saw results in the first week. I was almost completely clear, I couldn't believe it. As time went on, my condition started improving day by day. Today IM COMPLETEY CLEAR!!!!!!!!!! I can't express my gratitude towards this medication enough. I haven't had any side effects in the five months I've been on it (knock on wood). I feel great and look great once again! DO IT!"

Joseph Hayden April 26, 2016

For Psoriasis "Weight gain. was in hospital for other illness and had to go off humira lost 35 lbs soon after going back on it started gaining weight. Doctors say no relationship I strongly disagree. Anyone else"

Billcy April 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I've been humira for around six months. Here lately I've noticed a rash that itches super bad. It started on my face where my left side of face was swollen and hard with itching bad. Please if anyone has had this happen please let me know. 4/17/16."

Melaynie wells April 19, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had moderate psoriasis for about 15 years which I've managed with topicals. It started to get worse along with me developing psoriatic arthritis all of a sudden. I decided it was time to call on the big guns. This stuff is pretty great! My psoriasis cleared up in about a month and my PsA was gone pretty much instantly! The injections are a little uncomfortable but if you let it warm up a bit and learn the tricks it's not so bad. Small sacrifice really. I've had no side effects other than I am a little tired after the shot so I take it right before bed. So glad to have this medicine! Hope it keeps working for many years to come."

corpkid (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 8, 2016

For Psoriasis "Had all the other treatments, Neoral, Light, creams etc. Neoral worked but I had been taking it too long so had to come off it. Legs completely covered, arms too, painful, itchy, embarrassing. Dr suggested biologics (Humira) started 2 years ago, cleared it straight away. One thing I'm not sure of is the side effects. I've had some strange things happen to me that have gone away when I missed a dose of Humira - anyome else had this ?"

Frazzo March 19, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I started taking Humira after the Methotrexate became in-effective. I WOULD NEVER TAKE THIS HUMIRA AGAIN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. It began with headaches, which got worse every time I took the Humira. My energy level went down to nothing, and it did not help my RA at all. NOW, this drug has given me severe Eczema on my hands, feet, underarms, crotch and in my ear canals. I have never been so miserable in my entire life. They can't help the eczema at all. I have gone off Humira for over 2 months, I'm flaring, and I still have the eczema. They tell me I might have it for life. DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG. I'd rather have RA pain, then all these debilitating side effects. Funny, they never said a word about any of this."

Humirahater March 18, 2016

For Psoriasis "Psoriasis is my shadow since I was born. The last few years it has gotten worse. I started Humira treatment last April. The results were fantastic. I'm flaring up again and Humira is not working anymore."

Twoadopted March 14, 2016

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I am 32, and as a child I was incredibly active. Around the age of 20 I started showing signs of AS, and was constantly in and out of the Drs, begging to be looked at- they shrugged me off as making it up, fibromyalgia, endometriosis, diabetes- it wasn't until at 25 I was completely incapable of turning my head & had trouble walking that someone took me serious. A specialist discovered I had AS. I only started Humira in Dec of 2015, a 40mg dose every 14 days. The morning after I woke up and just lay there in shock- I hadn't felt like this since I was just a kid. I sat up in bed and just sobbed. I am so thankful for Humira every single day. I walk everywhere, I can skip up the steps- my neck may be permanently frozen, but I am hopeful"

Oceanj (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "2006 tested positive for R.A with low symptoms. Started with methotrexate for 8 years along with 1 tablet of folic acid - no problems. Sept 2014 R.A. advances to severe symptoms and specialist removes medication due to effecting the liver. Primary doctor suggests using Embrel. Used it for 6 months - no improvement. Switch to Humira and worked for one month. Severe symptoms are in feet, hands and neck. Inflammation are the main reasons that these areas are effected more often. Hopefully the is something else in pill form. Shots are painful and do nothing for me."

UTEP February 17, 2016

For Psoriasis "Psoriasis is a nightmare..started severely as a teenager (in my thirties now) and could cover up to 30% of my body at certain times of the year. Tried steroid creams, light treatment, methotrexate, dietary changes..everything..with some reasonable result's..have been on humira now for slightly over 1 year..there is no product in the UK market that even comes close to the results I have achieved with humira..it has changed my life for the better..make no mistake..I am normally 98% psoriasis free..barring slight flare ups (winter etc)..my only issues with humira have been weight gain and the fact that I may have to inject myself for the rest of my life."

garymck (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 1, 2016

For Crohn's Disease "I've had Crohn's for years and diagnosed with arthritis my doctors said Humira would be the answer. After 6mo's of taking the 40mg pen, I can't say I'm feeling any better. The biggest problem is I'm in more pain than ever just in different places, and I have gained 25lbs since starting Humira. My nurse ambassador says pain and weight gain are not one of the side effects so I'm still taking the Humira. I'd like to know if anyone else has had these two problems while taking Humira? More pain and weight gain, please let me know. Thank you"

Moon414 February 1, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis for about 15 years and it has progressed over the years to covering about 20% of my body with severe scalp coverage. I had been on cremes, sprays, pills, etc with no good long term results (and at best just halting its path forward but not reversing it). After 2 weeks on Humira I could see a difference. I am at the 3 month stage and the flaking patches are gone and most of the smaller patches are completely gone. The heavy large patches on my legs , torso only have a slight discoloration now. It works and its easy."

Fred_Flintstone (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 31, 2016

For Psoriasis "Humira is a great suffered from birth (30 yrs) tried everything!!! Want to post pic but can't "

Psoriasis who!!!! January 30, 2016

For Plaque Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since I was 20 years old. I am now 35. I started using Humira about 2 months ago and when I look at my skin now, I want to cry from joy!! Its gone!! All of the psoriasis is just GONE!! 15 years I have had people look at me weird and think I am diseased, now I look like any other person with clear skin. It is wonderful and I want to hug the makers of this amazing medicine!"

ReaRea (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 29, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I had an awful time with Methotrexate side-effects but the disease went into remission and I stopped. Two years later it was back and this time we tried Humira. The psoriasis cleared up after about 8 weeks and the arthritis inflammation disappeared. It's been about a year today with no side effects other than fatigue at the end of the work day. I'm 61 and feel I can work another 5 years. Without Humira I don't think I could. Great drug, but too damned expensive. Bring on the generics."

Mickey Stimpson January 27, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "RA for 10 yrs, injecting 25mg of MTX for couple of years after having too many s/effects on oral MTX. Then getting flares and not well controlled on MTX so started on Humira, injected fortnightly and remaining on MTX. No major side effects. But not benefit. Nothing. Nada. No relief from symptoms at all. Rheumatologist took me off it and now probably going to start on Enbrel. Apparently I sit in the 1/3 of people for whom there is no benefit. Hoping Embrel will work because I'm over it. It's no life."

Samantha66 January 22, 2016

For Spondyloarthritis "Went from inflammation in almost all my joints to nothing! Am symptom free, playing sports like I used to. Auto-injector is a piece of cake. Only hassles thing is that it must be refrigerated."

Connor23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 21, 2016

For Psoriasis "Ok! I have a friend who had a strong psoriasis all over his head and body everybody at work felt bad for him and offered him doctors , Medicine's, vitamins, light treatment, for months but no changes, we all where so disappointed, after a little time we saw his forehead is getting better from day to day, and we where shocked from suddenly such good results, and than he told us that he started with humira shots ... After seeing such results, I decided to spread this good news for all the people who are suffering so much from psoriasis, (he didnt have side effects, male in the late 20s)"

Philip Rozen January 21, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Acute "It was awesome while it lasted but it eventually caused pressure in my spinal fluid and gave me very severe headaches. I had to go off of Humira. I developed severe Crohn's symptoms and had to have a permanent ostomy. I will soon get a proctectomy also."

Sloth Boy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "This seems to have kept my crohns under control for periods at a time.. But I realise especially after reviewing others experiences that I have developed psoriasis due to the humira. It is so bad now all over my scalp I have a lot of hair loss. It's all about weighing things up I know, but now my skin is reacting to my ileiostomy bag. I have no choice but to stop it. My skin reacts to anything. What a shame. It seems this drug suits many people, but also completely doesn't work for many others."

MissPenny56 January 15, 2016

For Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis 12 years I am now 25 years old and have been on Humira for a little over 6 months now and love it! mM psoriasis started out on my scalp and only got worse over the years. When I started Humira I was Covered head to toe. I tried creams oils shampoos then on to methotrexate to light treatments which none had the affects of Humira! Anyway I'm now 98% clear with just small spots on my elbows that never went away fully. I am very happy with the results Humira changed my life!"

Slingar January 10, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I took Embrel for several years before switching to Humira. I liked the thought of synthetic mouse protein over live mouse protein...plus I was having terrible injection site reactions to Enbrel. Humira almost killed me. I developed a severe jaw bone infection. Was hospitalized for days with IV antibiotics...almost died. I developed severe Central Nervous Symptoms...was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis...was Multiple Sclerosis, but the Humira reaction mimicked that. I lost almost a 100 pounds in 6 weeks (the only perk) and had the MS symptoms for 6 months. Six years later, I still have the CNS symptoms, if I get a fever. This drug left lesions in my brain and my spine and that's why I get recurring CNS symptoms."

Long Island January 9, 2016

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I am 18 now and I was 5 when I had started having symptoms of crohn's disease and finally after 8 months of suffering they finally tested me and diagnosed me. I'm going to make this short, crohn's has been hell for me. I was finally put on remicaid, It put me in remission for three years until I started to have a reaction to the medication and I was diagnosed with drug induced lupus. A couple months ago I was admitted into the hospital and later was put on humira, a little skeptical but I had no choice. I can tell it has helped but it does cause major hair loss in some patients as I am dealing with right now. My hair has never been in the best condition because of the medication but so far the medication has really improved my health!"

Alexis K. (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "At 23 my RA got so bad that walking & lifting my hands over my head was enough to make me wince in pain. Doc prescribed me Humira, and my pain went away overnight (literally). I continued taking it for a year, and I haven't had a single notable flare-up since the first injection. I still get random SMALL aches but they're completely forgetabble. Can't say the list of long-term side effects don't scare me. So since I feel 100%, I've decided I no longer want it. Have actually been off the med for about 6 months now and not a single flare-up. Doc pressured me to mix it with Methotrexate, but I'm not a human test subject so that ain't happening. Doctors, please listen to your patients. If they feel great, don't force MORE meds on them."

Took it for RA for a year. (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 6, 2016