User Reviews for Humira

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Humira reviews 145 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Humira

Review by Bw853 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Limited improvement after 6 months, developed bad rash and MD refused to continue medication.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 15, 2014 12:50 AM
Review by Jeannie in DC: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: When I started taking Humira in 2008, I was covered over 80% of my body. Took Humira, and it was at least 8 weeks (if not more) for any improvement on the plaque psoriasis, although I noticed big improvement in arthritis pain and stiffness. Once it cleared, within 2 years it was again widespread. Finally I have been on it regularly for two years in addition to Methotrexate (without it I feel it in my knees and hands). I now only have no more than 5 spots here and there. Very happy with it, and only side effect was 1 time liver function affected, but easily fixed with lesser dose of Methotrexate.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 11, 2014 7:20 PM
Review by Creaky man-89 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I have had psoriasis since I was 15 and mild psoriatic arthritis since I was 20, now four years later my psoriasis started to flare up after nearly a three and a half year remission due to treatment and develop in all the old places with it came severe psoriatic arthritis. Over the course of four months I went from moving normally to being in severe nearly constant pain and walking with a cane. I went to my dermatologist to see about any treatments and she prescribed me Humira. The day after the first two pen treatment I was walking with little pain and within a week I didn't need a cane any more. So far the only side effect I have had was a mild headache after the injection. Humira essentially gave me my life back.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 10, 2014 2:03 AM
Review by PsAth (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I have been on Humira for over 7 years. I first tried Remicade in 2001 and it was a miracle. I have had psoriasis since age 14 and Psoriatic arthritis since 1994 but symptoms of the arthritis since 1989. I was always a runner but gave that up in 1998 until Remicade. Remicade worked great for a few years but eventually your own body builds up antibodies to it and it stops working. I have tried 4 other biologic medicines but always come back to Humira one shot a week. Over the years it has stopped working as well but I notice the difference when I do not take my shot. Still pretty miserable but still able to work full time and take care of my family. The IL 17 inhibitors are coming out soon and they look very promising.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 7, 2014 12:32 AM
Review by doctorshaps (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: Humira has really been a life saver. I wasn't sure if I was going to see another day in my life without pain and then I was introduced to Humira..it truly is a blessing, I don't have any side effects from the shot at all.

February 24, 2014 4:48 PM
Review by Saltio (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Severe allergic reaction.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 11, 2014 9:11 AM
Review by PBNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I had rheumatoid arthritis onset literally overnight in wrist, and within short period, all fingers, elbows and shoulders. I have negative RF, but elevated Sed Rate. I pushed my Rheumatologist hard to get in front of the disease progression. I was on Methotrexate alone for about 10 wks, increasing dosage from 12.5mg - 17.5mg but it had marginal impact. I pushed for Humira and within 48 hrs after first injection, I noticed improvement. I'm six weeks into combination therapy and I'd say I'm 60-70% improved. Large joints are 90% better but fingers remain stubborn. Yes, the shot hurts for 10 flipping seconds. I let it get to room temp for about 30-40 minutes..speciality pharmacist said that was fine. This medicine is awesome.

February 8, 2014 7:36 PM
Review by GAW: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: My husband has had a severe case of Chron's since he was 33. He was on and off of Remicade for 7 years. Last January we found out he built up antibodies to the Remicade and it was no longer working properly. Humira has been a God send for him. He loves that he decides when to give himself the shot and he only has side effects for 24 hours compared to 48 or 72 hours after an infusion of Remicade. He has been in remission for a year for the first time in years. We feel very blessed there is a new medicine helping patients with this very difficult disease. He also has learned to eliminate gluten and dairy. As his diet gets better he feels better.

February 3, 2014 3:01 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I have had Crohn's disease for about a year and a half and Humira has been amazing. I felt relief within one month and was in remission within 9 months. Life is pain free..only side effect is yeast infections every week and feel like I have the flu the week right before due for shot. Shot is painful for 10 seconds, but it is worth it. Remicade is only other option, using it as last resort. Otherwise very satisfied.

January 30, 2014 5:51 PM
Review by Sledge2k (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Humira is a miracle. Prior to being on Humira I had tried two previous solutions NSAIDs and a non-starch diet with lots of exercise. NSAIDs had absolutely no effect. The non-starch diet with some exercise did help bring the pain to what I would call manageable but flares would still happen and with them would come several day cycle of poor sleep, less exercise, and so on. My rheumatologist explained that some new research suggest Humira may actually help to stop the progression of the disease so I gave it a shot (pun, hah!). It took about 3 weeks to start kicking in and by week 5 my symptoms were totally gone. No back pain. No shoulder pain. No waking up in the middle of the night.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 29, 2014 10:13 AM
Review by Di Di: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Been on this for almost 10 yrs. I now have frequent sinus headaches that are difficult to clear. Am fatigued but able to function well on this medicine, but now have stomach pain and also use methyprednisolone. Also vasculitis has appeared in ankle, and here to stay. I plan to stop and start Sulfalazine EC to take it's place as a DMARD, at least. An old case of psoriasis appeared after my 4th year but left entirely after 3 years. On my feet, and utterly painful.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 17, 2014 11:32 PM
Review by jakeepton: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I am 19 years old and was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) when I was 17. I was prescribed Humira very quickly because my AS caused severe back, hip and ankle pain and have been taking it for over a year now. So far, the medicine has worked very well and I feel no pain whatsoever. The medicine does make me feel tired, but this is a genuine side effect.

January 10, 2014 6:29 AM
Review by Mandy 1985 (taken for less than 1 month):

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: For ankylosing spondylitis and Rheumatoid arthritis. I am 28 years old and today was my first dose. They did two in one and after 15 minutes I felt an ease in pain and stiffness but probably won't feel the full effect for a couple a days. So far so good. You have to work with medication. It's a 50/50 type of deal.

December 23, 2013 12:17 PM
Review by moxygirl (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: Except for a few small patches on my scalp all other areas ...legs, knees,chest, stomach, back, and inside my ears have completely cleared within 3 weeks. No side effects...so far. Very happy.

December 20, 2013 8:03 PM
Review by Ben scott (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: I am 23, got diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis last year. I been miss diagnosed with systemic yeast infection because of the psoriasis and took 10 weeks of anti fungal prescription medicine which didn't help of course because that's not what I had. I went to a different doctor and he sent me to a rheumatoid specialist and from there he introduced and prescribed me Humira and I took my 1st injection and the next morning I woke up and my joint pain, swelling and psoriasis greatly reduced.

December 5, 2013 1:21 PM
Review by Trace16: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I'm a 43 yr female and have had Ankylosing Spondylitis since 15 yrs old. Started Humira a year ago and only lasted 6 months taking it as it made me sick, feverish, weak, sweating and confusion and generally feeling unwell but my pain was significantly reduced and had fatigue. Had to stop taking it, couldn't stand feeling sick.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 27, 2013 4:20 AM
Review by DDFut: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Has worked wonders for my pain but the injection hurts so bad. Its pain keeps making me jerk and of course I had to mess up my last injection.

November 22, 2013 12:53 AM
Review by Nicole Miranda (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I am 18 years old, I just found out I had rheumatoid arthritis and I have been on Humira for 3 months. I have flare ups every once in a while but I do have to take methedrol along with it. it's a strong medicine and it messed up my stomach and gives me heartburn also. I guess for me Humira will take the 6 months it will to take effect and till then this winter will be the worst for me. keeping a positive outlook on this knowing I'm not the only one.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 9, 2013 7:42 PM
Review by Desperate in HI (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: First time on Humira was like a miracle, my arthritis was minimal & my psoriasis too but I felt "finally a cure" and it cleared everything up. After taking Humira for 2 yrs I missed 1 month of shots (had it in the freezer by mistake). I thought it'll be okay however, my psoriasis came back worse than ever. I went back on Humira hoping everything will clear again and it hasn't so now I'm in a limbo again should I stay or should I stop. Has anyone experience this and if so what have you done? PLEASE HELP.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2013 8:29 PM
Review by shanshan672: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Psoriasis: 27 year old female suffering from plaque psoriasis off and on my whole life. These past 4 years has been one steady flare up with an increase in severity. I was on Methotrexate for 1 1/2 years while using various topicals. I've been on Humira for 3 months in addition to the use of Clobex spray and Vectical ointment. It seems as if my nails and scalp have gotten worse and the patches on my calves and arms are not changing. I hope I just have to give Humira a bit more time!

November 1, 2013 12:51 AM
Review by RA in sd: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: Its been a whole month since my last posting, I recently went to see my Doctor.....and guess what, NO inflammation whatsoever. But have noticed that I have had lot of sinus congestion. But who cares as long as my rheumatoid arthritis factor is @ ZERO.

October 13, 2013 3:28 PM
Review by lazy bum: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Ulcerative Colitis: Started Humira in April 2013 and I have lost lots of hair and have skin issues. I have also lost weight and have no appetite. I also am on Diflucan for Valley fever.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 29, 2013 3:50 PM
Review by RA in SD (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: l have had rheumatoid arthritis now for 7 years, it runs in my family both grandmothers, my parents, my 5 siblings. I have been taking methotrexate injections for 2 years plus Celebrex & Plaquenil along with controlled pain medication. I thought is this the way my life is going to be, always in pain. I started Humira about 3 weeks ago & WOW after the 1st injection the next day I could not believe how much my pain and stiffness had decrease, I could actually get up by myself in the morning. I take my shot every 2 weeks, I start noticing about the Friday or Saturday a little stiffness and feeling achy and know its time for the next dose. I have experienced a lot of pain, burning & stinging on the injection site. I have learned what works for me is to lie down.

September 15, 2013 6:49 PM
Review by cdris7319: User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: I have lived with Ankylosing Spondylitis since I was 14 (49 now). Did okay with NSAIDS until about 10 years ago when it began to really get bad. Started Humira 2 years ago. It took about 4 months to really help my back. Unfortunately lately it seems to be losing it's effectiveness. Hopefully this is just a blip in treatment.

September 15, 2013 12:31 AM
Review by 216GIRL (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Humira (adalimumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: After only 4 weeks of treatment with Humira for my plaque psoriasis, my skin is almost completely clear. I had large patches on my scalp, left upper arm, both elbows and knees and had spots all over my body like chicken pox. I feel amazing and I am not in pain anymore. Its a miracle. I haven't experienced any side effects and the injections don't hurt that bad. I love it!

September 14, 2013 1:39 AM