User Reviews for Humira

Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Humira reviews 183 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Humira

Review by aloneyu:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Don't let doctors give you ciprofloxacin or any fluoroquinolone antibiotics, while you are taking Humira.

March 24, 2015 9:40 PM

Review by Lori Liz (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis after 2 years of awful pain. I am now using Humira with methotrexate. I also take sulfasalizine antibiotic daily due to lowered immunity. I take Prilosec for heartburn. I am able to work a full time job and do most things that I enjoy.

March 24, 2015 3:09 AM

Review by DianaMP (taken for less than 1 month):

For Psoriasis: I can't stress enough to everyone that this stuff works!! Absolutely no side affects, and you don't have to worry about spot treating with topicals. Within 3-4 weeks into Humira, I started seeing results. Even cleared the most stubborn psoriasis I had on my back. Having to inject yourself can scare many people off, but the pens they provide make it super easy and fast. Getting the medicine is a lengthy process but worth the wait! Their copayment is outrageous but they have a coupon to bring it down to only $5!! I love Humira!

March 17, 2015 12:09 AM

Review by Boltmannz:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I'm on weekly 15mg methotrexate and fortnightly Humira. Is everybody on both of just the Humira. Luckily it's government funded.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 7, 2015 7:23 PM

Review by The Air Man (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: I am a 43 year old male. I have been struggling with hip and lower back pain for about 5 years now. Been on NSAIDS for inflammation and pain. Don't really remember what a full night of rest feels like. To be honest I was scared to take Humira until I done my own research. On 2-11-2015 I had my first shot of Humira. I'm thinking this sucker is going to really hurt. Took me about 5 minutes to get my nerve up. Oh well I pushed the button and the rest is history. OMG!!!!!!!!! Why did I wait so long. To me the shot doesn't hurt but it does sting just a little. 2 days after the shot. No pain in hips and sleeping all night. I still have some tightness in my lower back when I wake up. So far its a miracle.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 22, 2015 6:57 PM

Review by Squelia (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: As a new Crohn's patient I had read a lot of horror stories about this disease and the medications used to control it - myself, I went on Azathioprine first but it stopped working gradually. Humira has honestly been a God send so far, I have my life back and no symptoms 99% of the time, I'm so thankful! Only thing I'm worried about now is if it stops working, but nothing has happened yet and I am past the danger zone apparently.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 9, 2015 3:44 PM

Review by AMD is GARBAGE (taken for less than 1 month):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: I was offered Humira by a specialist in rheumatoid arthritis. I was iffy about taking this treatment, I have several discs that are damaged from 15 years of being a Union Flooring Installer, and I was seeking a more permanent solution for the pain, little did I know what kind of ride I was in for. The RA Dr. was very eager to put me on Humira, after seeing him just twice. After injected, I experienced a wide array of side effects; flu like pain in lower back (never goes away) caused my C2 pain medicine to have 0 affect (240mg Oxycontin), my entire body felt blotted, my taste-buds were messed up, I was not aware of my surroundings at times, insomnia, stomach aches, and gas! Feeling cold often.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 2, 2015 8:34 AM

Review by LadduNick:

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: I get Humira from the VA and have been on it for a couple of years. I only inject about once a month even though I am suppose to use it once every two weeks. It works well, but I am concerned about side effects. I got Shingles once after taking the shot. I am assuming because it lowers my immune system. However, it is worth the risk overall and significantly has reduce my pain and pretty much stopped the progression. I also take Piroxicam daily.

January 31, 2015 12:55 AM

Review by Pookiedai (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Psoriasis: I had psoriasis since I was two and my whole body was covered with it until I started using it at age ten. Cleared up right away my mom said- and I sometimes forget that I have psoriasis. I say a nine because I feel my immune system weakened and I need to be extra careful to not get sick. My body loves it so much it gets weird when I skip or forget to pen up myself

January 27, 2015 10:41 PM

Review by Theo78825 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Crohn's Disease: I've have no major side effects! I'm a little more prone to mild infection as with other immunosuppressants. The only side effect I have, is a strong burning sensation while injecting. This is remedied by icing the area before hand and allowing the pen to warm to room temperature immediately before injection.

January 23, 2015 8:39 PM

Review by MsMonie:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Not completely pain free and stiff joint free. But the fatigue is awful. 5 inj so far, can sleep all day if my family didn't need me. Very lethargic and drained.

January 21, 2015 12:19 AM

Review by Madforelvis:

For Psoriasis: I'm 52 years old and have had psoriasis since I was 5. I went on Humira a few years ago and stayed on it for 3 years. It cleared me about 98%. I called it a miracle! I decided to make some nutritional changes in my life for the better and went off Humira 6 months ago to see what difference my better eating habits may have made on their own. Unfortunately my psoriasis came back just as bad if not worse than before the Humira. I think I will be going back on it.

January 12, 2015 6:58 PM

Review by Ohio Guy:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: Had ulcerative colitis/Crohn's Disease for 20+ years. Was on sulfasalazine, taking prednisone for flare-ups. Switched to Lialda 3 years ago. It had fewer side effects, but did not control my condition. After 2 serious bouts of anemia (one hospitalization and 5 units of blood), my doctor decided on Humira. That was 6 months ago. No side effects at first, but recently got a sinus infection (congestion, coughing, very sore throat). Took prescribed antibiotics, but it won't go away. I felt better while taking the antibiotics, but the symptoms returned after they were done. Hope this is not a sign of things to come! Decreased ability to fight infections, right?

January 5, 2015 11:05 AM

Review by Spiral Architect (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: Psoriasis & Psoriatic Arthritis (for at least a decade now) have led me to Humira. The results have been super since I began a few years ago. Brown spots, freckle sized, have appeared in the areas where the Psoriasis was. No one has any idea from Drs to pharmacists.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 22, 2014 5:53 PM

Review by timcaldwell1 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: Great medicine and Abvee/Abbott has great customer service, PAP and sharps Biohazard disposal programs. 50 year old male, diagnosed at 13, Tall 6.3 (6.2 in the morning). Humira has worked for me for many years. However my body became tolerant as my disease progressed my Doc changed it to 1x/10 days but this medicine is less flexible as it relates to dosage as opposed to Remicade. [The only downside to this, thus less then 10.] After trying all of the various biologics for Ankylosing Spondylitis (Remicade, Enbrel, and Humira) in my decades long journey with AS. I have found, it's back to Remicade again because of dosage flexibility.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 19, 2014 12:26 PM

Review by Tmoak:

For Psoriasis: Treated severe psoriasis.

December 18, 2014 9:14 PM

Review by SlightlyMoreFirmPoop (taken for less than 1 month):

For Crohn's Disease: I had been on 5-ASAs (4g per os + 4g enema) for a while and could not improve my symptoms. Humira induced clinical remission almost immediately after the first loading dose (160 mg). I hope it stays this way!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 20, 2014 10:00 PM

Review by Summer1985 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Plaque Psoriasis: I was diagnosed with plaque psoriasis this year and was started on Humira shortly after the diagnosis..... I cannot be more pleased with any other medication! Within 2 months my skin was completely clear and itch free! No more redness or scaling... Humira is a miracle.

November 11, 2014 3:18 AM

Review by Tim 45 year old male (taken for less than 1 month):

For Psoriasis: I have psoriasis on my wrist, elbows and knees. It has been a month now and already seeing great results already, my wrist is all clear. My elbows and knees looking much better. The only side effect I have had is after taking the injection is I feel a little nauseous for about 2 days. Other than that I feel great.

November 10, 2014 3:23 PM

Review by Lorencait:

For Crohn's Disease: I had to take a year and half off from college because I felt so ill all the time and it wasn't completely confirmed that I had Crohn's. I was basically bedridden and didn't work. Then finally my doctors confirmed it and I had the option to be put on Remicade or Humira. After much consideration, I chose Humira and am so glad I did. It's convenient and I am back in college and working! I feel so great most of the time. It's a life saver for me. I hope to go into remission soon!

November 6, 2014 1:16 PM

Review by Super n (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: 5.5 yrs on this miracle

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 3:05 AM

Review by Thank You Abbvie (taken for less than 1 month):

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I had forgotten how it felt like to be normal and healthy. To have energy. I was experiencing this after three months on Humira only to be abruptly dropped from my insurance plan. So thankful for the Abbvie patient assistance plan which has now approved me for a full year! I am looking forward to getting better again in the months ahead. I was afraid I was going to lose my job because of the flares but now I am hopeful. Thanks

November 1, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by Cinnamon Spice (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Humira gave me my life back! I received four different diagnosis by four different Rheumatologists. Diagnosis: Fibromalagia, Connective Tissue Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, lastly Lupus. I used to have severe joint pain, mostly in my legs, difficulty walking long distances, inflammation, insomnia, depression, 60lb weight gain from steroids, stomach bloating, joint stiffness throughout the night, I would toss and turn throughout the night due to the stiff achey joint pain. My legs were the most achey, I would cry at night because the pain was so unbearable. I hated when it was time for bed, because I knew pain would accompany sleep with stiffness. I felt like I was 90 years old. I was a"Hot Mess!" Thank GOD for Humira!!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 25, 2014 11:05 PM

Review by PetiteCdn (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have been on all the medicines and have achieved remission of various lengths with gold injections (1.5 yrs), minocycline (8 yrs), Enbrel (5 years before the efficacy started to diminish) and Humira (1 year) over the past 30 years. As a result of all the medicine treatments I now have horrible lung complications similar to COPD (have never smoked anything). When the pain is excruciating you are willing to take anything to make it better. Enbrel and Humira have left me with a continuous sinus infection that I keep under control with regular salt water rinses. I have no ability to fight off infection and keep getting lung infections which require me to stop the injections for the arthritis and every time you stop, your body builds immunity.

October 19, 2014 11:10 AM

Review by JHC1 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I've injected three Humira pen needles so far, been on the treatment for six weeks. I've had Psoriatic Arthritis for 13 years. Humira began clearing up the psoriasis on my elbows after the second injection. My scalp is beginning to flake a bit less. My actual arthritis feels about the same so far. My rheumatologist wants me to stay on Humira at least 6 months to try it on my psoriasis, as long as I don't have an adverse reaction to it. It took about six weeks beforehand, after I got the written prescription for my BCBS insurance to approve the twice monthly medicated needles. It's around $5k per month for the two needles but I pay only $90 month co pay after the coverage. I will report back here again if I have further significant recovery, I'm hopeful.

October 19, 2014 10:13 AM