User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 4 reviews 42 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 2 reviews 73 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 215 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Naproxen

Review by Debsl:

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: Helps inflamation but with excessive weight gain 10lb 1 mth.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by SloppyHips (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I am 51 yrs old with advanced Osteoarthritis in both hips, and on the surgery wait list to have THR. Naproxen is quite amazing for me at controlling OA pain. So far I only take it when I have upcoming situations where I will need to walk alot. For these situations I'll take Naproxen 1-2 days in advance, 2 x 500mg tablet daily. It makes a huge difference. If I didn't worry about stomach or intestine damage I would take it continually. Other days, I try to get by with low doses of ibuprofen.

September 20, 2014 4:26 PM

Review by sapper1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I took 500 mg. No joy after 4 hours now still feeling no relief.

September 11, 2014 6:20 PM

Review by SLUP:

Naprelan (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: I have MS and have been taking Naprelan CR 750 mg every morning for approx. 2 years, I take every morning and within minutes I can move. My Co-pay used to be $45, we changed health insurance and now it's $250 I don't know what I am going to do now. I cannot afford this.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by latinosrgood (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Anaprox (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: I was prescribed 500mg 4 times a day..I feel no pain and able to work

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 3:17 PM

Review by Popolopo:

For Osteoarthritis: Took my first 500mg pill last night after supper, really feel good this morning, no pain when sleeping. Will post again in a week to update.

August 14, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by CkE:

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Period Pain: Since high school I had terrible cramps/fatigue and nausea. I wasn't able to go about my normal activities. Until I switched doctors and she prescribed me the naproxen. I take it a few days before I get my period (when I get "warning" cramps). By the time my period comes I have no nausea and no fatigue, the cramps are still there but nowhere close to how bad I feel without the naproxen. I have to take this with food, because if I don't it messes with my stomach. Easy to take.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by Betty001 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Back Pain: My back pain started right after the kidney infection and tried X-ray, ultrasound, and therapy (still going for therapy), and physical massages. I avoided any medicine until I felt feverish one day and took one Advil pill. As I was sitting down comfortably and had to get up to make dinner, I noticed drastic change that I was in lesser pain, but still in pain. I was able to move better than I have been in two months. The physical therapy was helping, but it was a slow progress due to my work environment that requires me to lift heavy things. The massages were a bit helpful, but I wanted it everyday sort of a thing to get a relief. I ended up taking 2 Advils, but it wasn't enough for me. I told the doctor and she gave me this! No more pain!

August 2, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain.

July 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Furrythings (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: 3 weeks with gout (June 20th-July 12): had to use a wheelchair before I found Walgreens All Day Pain Relief 220MG, 50 Tablets. Needed 2 pills for first 12 hours and 1 pill every 12 hours. It definitely relieved!

July 13, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by Maili (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.

May 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Drakester 64:

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it.

May 20, 2014 9:02 AM

Review by Scottnomad (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I had a herniated disc some 20 years ago and have never forgotten how effective Naproxen was at alleviating my condition. The results were astounding. Walked into a doctors surgery bent over almost double with severe sciatica. Prescribed Naproxen and took it immediately. Within 60 minutes I was walking like normal! I normally don't make comments on these kinds of thing but if it works even in a small number of people like it did me I am happy to share my experience. Try it nothing to lose no side effects I was aware of.

May 15, 2014 3:39 AM

Review by BAD_BA:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Sciatica: This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to.

May 6, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by oremus:

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I became very ill taking Aleve on a routine basis. I developed an intestinal ulcer, ringing in my ears, dizziness, vision changes the list goes on.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 5:34 AM

Review by UFO Bass:

For Muscle Pain: 375 mg, three times a day was prescribed for my severe muscle pull near the left hip. Took the first pill at dinner time Thursday. Pain subsided a bit, but the medicine apparently wears off after 8 hours, because pain woke me up at 4:15 am Friday. Took pills at 4:30 am, 12 noon and again 8 pm. Would estimate the pain was 1/3 less during the day. Sleep was again interrupted by hip pain: there was no positioning of the knees or legs that lessened the pain. Today, Saturday, I took a pill at 7 am and will continue to dose every 8 hours. Tomorrow I have to perform a concert while standing, so I'm counting on these to pull me through. Eager to get off these pills because of their scary effect on blood pressure.

May 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Review by Shaolamander:

For Period Pain: So when I started getting my period at about 13 I had the WORST CRAMPS EVER. Like I'm talking over the toilet, in the shower, missing school, and stuff like that. Typically it was only the first, rarely the second, day Of my cycle I would stay home or come home in bed feeling like my insides were flipping inside out. So after a couple months of this my mom got worried and took me to the doctor who told me I should go get an ultrasound on my uterus to make sure that there wasn't extra blood flow, extra lining, or anything. This is mostly because I didn't have blood clots so she wanted to make sure there wasn't something that needed attention pronto. nothing came up in the ultrasound. So I got prescribed naproxen and it's a LIFE SAVER!!!!

April 26, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by In lotsofpain:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: This medicine is not helping at all. My back pain seems to be getting worse not better.

April 11, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by kristaphee:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Pain: I had ongoing pain and swelling for a full year after knee surgery to repair three rips in my right knee. It felt like bone rubbing on bone, felt hot to the touch with swelling After going through narcotics and Motrin for swelling, I worked on accepting that I would be dealing with this for a long time as a chronic condition. After my 1st dose of 500 mg of Naprosyn, it was a Godsend. For the 1st time in a year, my knee actually felt normal.

March 16, 2014 12:35 AM

Review by Thib (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I only use when doing physical activity

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2014 7:03 PM

Review by sandylns (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: This is an excellent pain medication as well as an anti inflammatory. I take 500 mg twice a day and had no adverse side effects.

February 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by Miracle73 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Period Pain: My experienced was my period was non-stop for almost 2 month. I went to my gyn and prescribed me Naproxen for pain. It was so effective that my period went away in a week. Now when my period comes I'll take it right away. Thanks Naproxen.

January 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by reggieuk:

For Pain: Naproxen was prescribed (x2 250mg ) for headaches I have been getting. Didn't seem to do a thing for that. However, the aches and pains in my joints (and trigger-finger related tendons) I have had for years go away pretty quickly. I feel 250mg lasts ~6hours until the pain starts to come back.

January 8, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Headache: I was prescribed naproxen by my neurologist for menstrual migraines that left me debilitated every month with severe vomiting. I now take 500mg each morning and night a few days before my period is due. I started taking this preventative treatment of naproxen six months ago. I still get headaches and occasional migraines but they are less severe and I have no vomiting. Before taking Naproxen I was having at least three days off work each month. I haven't had any time off since starting the tablets - really have improved my quality of life.

December 27, 2013 7:28 PM

Review by nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I have a rare, incurable disease called Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). With this condition, pain is an everyday thing, especially back pain because I have scoliosis (a curve of the spine; side effect of NF1). In the past I would take 3 Ibuprofen, which had very little effect. Just yesterday I switched to Aleve; those first two pills really made a difference. My pain went away about an hour later and it worked a lot faster than the other medicines I've taken. Thank you, Aleve!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate