User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 4 reviews 42 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 2 reviews 73 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 222 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Naproxen

Review by GeorgieBoy:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: I've been using this medicine on & off for 25 years. I get muscle spasms every few years & virtually drop to the floor with pain. 2 to 3 days with this stuff & I'm back swinging again. Better than Forte or Voltaren by a long shot.

December 10, 2014 2:17 AM

Review by AJ1530:

For Period Pain: I have extreme nausea a few days before and during my period. I tried so many things but nothing worked. My gyn wrote me a script for 550 mg of naproxen twice daily and I took it 3 days before my period and during my period. It worked!! I feel 100% better than the previous month.

November 18, 2014 4:52 PM

Review by Lotus7 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Period Pain: Menstrual cramps

November 16, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by neecy (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: Toothache- took the pain away instantly. Very good for a toothache.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 5, 2014 6:49 AM

Review by ATLJason:

For Gout, Acute: Have been suffering from acute gout attacks for about 6 years. Usually 1 attack per year that requires me to stay off my feet for a day or 2. I have taken Indomethacin, Colchicine and Colcrys with varying degrees of relief and started Allopurinol about 3 months ago. In all my research over the years, I never reviewed Naproxen. The last attack happened about a week ago and I cycled through my last few Colcrys with barely any relief. A trip to Walgreens for Aleve liquigels and about 2 hours later I had ~70% reduction in pain. I've been managing it with a scheduled dose for a few days now and the pain is nearly gone. Still some swelling, but getting better each day. This regimen has been more effective than any prescription medication.

November 2, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by Sophia55 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I have used most of the narcotics on the list, and now that I live in Florida it is almost impossible to get a Doctor to prescribe anything other than Aspirin. Aspirin now has caused my stomach to act up due to ulcers so now I also need to take Prilosec 40 mg. So far this is the best of these medicines on the list.

October 24, 2014 3:34 AM

Review by tenaj52 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: For over the past year and half I have experienced up and down painful levels of a combination of left knee pain, extreme left tight hamstrings and IT band, sciatic pain ( piriformis syndrome). Xrays revealed nothing (although at 62 I highly suspect some type of osteoarthirits), 6 sessions of therapy to correct what was a suspect patellar tracking disorder aggravated the condition, chiropractor, massage, Voltaren gel rubbed in the knee. Nothing brought long term relief. Three weeks ago I decided to give Alleve a try. And so far it's worked. I take one before bed. My knee occasionally hurts, but the tight hamstrings and sciatic have cleared up.

October 17, 2014 4:14 PM

Review by Debsl:

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: Helps inflamation but with excessive weight gain 10lb 1 mth.

October 11, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by SloppyHips (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I am 51 yrs old with advanced Osteoarthritis in both hips, and on the surgery wait list to have THR. Naproxen is quite amazing for me at controlling OA pain. So far I only take it when I have upcoming situations where I will need to walk alot. For these situations I'll take Naproxen 1-2 days in advance, 2 x 500mg tablet daily. It makes a huge difference. If I didn't worry about stomach or intestine damage I would take it continually. Other days, I try to get by with low doses of ibuprofen.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 20, 2014 4:26 PM

Review by sapper1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I took 500 mg. No joy after 4 hours now still feeling no relief.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2014 6:20 PM

Review by SLUP:

Naprelan (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: I have MS and have been taking Naprelan CR 750 mg every morning for approx. 2 years, I take every morning and within minutes I can move. My Co-pay used to be $45, we changed health insurance and now it's $250 I don't know what I am going to do now. I cannot afford this.

September 3, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by latinosrgood (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Anaprox (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: I was prescribed 500mg 4 times a day..I feel no pain and able to work

August 22, 2014 3:17 PM

Review by Popolopo:

For Osteoarthritis: Took my first 500mg pill last night after supper, really feel good this morning, no pain when sleeping. Will post again in a week to update.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by CkE:

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Period Pain: Since high school I had terrible cramps/fatigue and nausea. I wasn't able to go about my normal activities. Until I switched doctors and she prescribed me the naproxen. I take it a few days before I get my period (when I get "warning" cramps). By the time my period comes I have no nausea and no fatigue, the cramps are still there but nowhere close to how bad I feel without the naproxen. I have to take this with food, because if I don't it messes with my stomach. Easy to take.

August 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by Betty001 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Back Pain: My back pain started right after the kidney infection and tried X-ray, ultrasound, and therapy (still going for therapy), and physical massages. I avoided any medicine until I felt feverish one day and took one Advil pill. As I was sitting down comfortably and had to get up to make dinner, I noticed drastic change that I was in lesser pain, but still in pain. I was able to move better than I have been in two months. The physical therapy was helping, but it was a slow progress due to my work environment that requires me to lift heavy things. The massages were a bit helpful, but I wanted it everyday sort of a thing to get a relief. I ended up taking 2 Advils, but it wasn't enough for me. I told the doctor and she gave me this! No more pain!

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 2, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Furrythings (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: 3 weeks with gout (June 20th-July 12): had to use a wheelchair before I found Walgreens All Day Pain Relief 220MG, 50 Tablets. Needed 2 pills for first 12 hours and 1 pill every 12 hours. It definitely relieved!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by Maili (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.

May 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Drakester 64:

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it.

May 20, 2014 9:02 AM

Review by Scottnomad (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I had a herniated disc some 20 years ago and have never forgotten how effective Naproxen was at alleviating my condition. The results were astounding. Walked into a doctors surgery bent over almost double with severe sciatica. Prescribed Naproxen and took it immediately. Within 60 minutes I was walking like normal! I normally don't make comments on these kinds of thing but if it works even in a small number of people like it did me I am happy to share my experience. Try it nothing to lose no side effects I was aware of.

May 15, 2014 3:39 AM

Review by BAD_BA:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Sciatica: This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to.

May 6, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by oremus:

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I became very ill taking Aleve on a routine basis. I developed an intestinal ulcer, ringing in my ears, dizziness, vision changes the list goes on.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 5:34 AM

Review by UFO Bass:

For Muscle Pain: 375 mg, three times a day was prescribed for my severe muscle pull near the left hip. Took the first pill at dinner time Thursday. Pain subsided a bit, but the medicine apparently wears off after 8 hours, because pain woke me up at 4:15 am Friday. Took pills at 4:30 am, 12 noon and again 8 pm. Would estimate the pain was 1/3 less during the day. Sleep was again interrupted by hip pain: there was no positioning of the knees or legs that lessened the pain. Today, Saturday, I took a pill at 7 am and will continue to dose every 8 hours. Tomorrow I have to perform a concert while standing, so I'm counting on these to pull me through. Eager to get off these pills because of their scary effect on blood pressure.

May 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Review by Shaolamander:

For Period Pain: So when I started getting my period at about 13 I had the WORST CRAMPS EVER. Like I'm talking over the toilet, in the shower, missing school, and stuff like that. Typically it was only the first, rarely the second, day Of my cycle I would stay home or come home in bed feeling like my insides were flipping inside out. So after a couple months of this my mom got worried and took me to the doctor who told me I should go get an ultrasound on my uterus to make sure that there wasn't extra blood flow, extra lining, or anything. This is mostly because I didn't have blood clots so she wanted to make sure there wasn't something that needed attention pronto. nothing came up in the ultrasound. So I got prescribed naproxen and it's a LIFE SAVER!!!!

April 26, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by In lotsofpain:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: This medicine is not helping at all. My back pain seems to be getting worse not better.

April 11, 2014 2:50 PM