User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 4 reviews 42 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 2 reviews 73 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 229 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Naproxen

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Pain: I have chronic shoulder pain for over a year. I finally got it checked out and was prescribed this. It works wonders, but makes me very nauseated. I really wish I didn't get like that.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 25, 2015 9:21 AM

Review by Achy jake:

Naprelan (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: Works better after taking it a couple of days

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 11:15 PM

Review by KJMason:

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: Best one out there.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2015 6:04 AM

Review by DareLiggy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: It works better than Vicodin for my lower back pain. It takes about 45 minutes to kick in.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 31, 2015 9:56 AM

Review by Candy67:

For Pain: Caused severe itching and hives.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 11:08 PM

Review by Scotland's 1 and only (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I have been suffering from back pain for many years, mainly due to heavy contact sports and work related lifting, and lately find it difficult to walk for long distances without being doubled over in pain. I would struggle to stand up from a sitting position. The pain would go down my legs and into my abdominal region, and have been trying all different kinds of treatment from gels to moderate pain killers all with different degrees of success, but none that actually took the pain away completely, and not for any length of time. I was eventually prescribed Naproxen and in less than a day I felt a different person. The pain has gone completely from everywhere. It's a new lease of life and can look forward to doing things again pain free.

December 29, 2014 2:44 AM

Review by Meggers:

For Period Pain: I was prescribed 500mg a day for a shoulder injury, I am so used to dealing with terrible period pain and extremely heavy flow that it wasn't the reason I went to see a doctor. Not only does it help with my shoulder pain but my period has completely turned around into an experience I do not dread and worry about. I am so grateful to have been prescribed it. I don't have to put my life on hold to hide at home in pain and all around feeling terrible. When I started getting my period until I graduated high school I would always end up missing a day or two because of how much pain I was in and how heavy my flow was. When I worked I would dread the days with it and a lot of the time miss work because of it.

December 22, 2014 10:57 AM

Review by GeorgieBoy:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: I've been using this medicine on & off for 25 years. I get muscle spasms every few years & virtually drop to the floor with pain. 2 to 3 days with this stuff & I'm back swinging again. Better than Forte or Voltaren by a long shot.

December 10, 2014 2:17 AM

Review by AJ1530:

For Period Pain: I have extreme nausea a few days before and during my period. I tried so many things but nothing worked. My gyn wrote me a script for 550 mg of naproxen twice daily and I took it 3 days before my period and during my period. It worked!! I feel 100% better than the previous month.

November 18, 2014 4:52 PM

Review by Lotus7 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Period Pain: Menstrual cramps

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by neecy (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: Toothache- took the pain away instantly. Very good for a toothache.

November 5, 2014 6:49 AM

Review by ATLJason:

For Gout, Acute: Have been suffering from acute gout attacks for about 6 years. Usually 1 attack per year that requires me to stay off my feet for a day or 2. I have taken Indomethacin, Colchicine and Colcrys with varying degrees of relief and started Allopurinol about 3 months ago. In all my research over the years, I never reviewed Naproxen. The last attack happened about a week ago and I cycled through my last few Colcrys with barely any relief. A trip to Walgreens for Aleve liquigels and about 2 hours later I had ~70% reduction in pain. I've been managing it with a scheduled dose for a few days now and the pain is nearly gone. Still some swelling, but getting better each day. This regimen has been more effective than any prescription medication.

November 2, 2014 7:37 PM

Review by Sophia55 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I have used most of the narcotics on the list, and now that I live in Florida it is almost impossible to get a Doctor to prescribe anything other than Aspirin. Aspirin now has caused my stomach to act up due to ulcers so now I also need to take Prilosec 40 mg. So far this is the best of these medicines on the list.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 24, 2014 3:34 AM

Review by tenaj52 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: For over the past year and half I have experienced up and down painful levels of a combination of left knee pain, extreme left tight hamstrings and IT band, sciatic pain ( piriformis syndrome). Xrays revealed nothing (although at 62 I highly suspect some type of osteoarthirits), 6 sessions of therapy to correct what was a suspect patellar tracking disorder aggravated the condition, chiropractor, massage, Voltaren gel rubbed in the knee. Nothing brought long term relief. Three weeks ago I decided to give Alleve a try. And so far it's worked. I take one before bed. My knee occasionally hurts, but the tight hamstrings and sciatic have cleared up.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 4:14 PM

Review by Debsl:

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: Helps inflamation but with excessive weight gain 10lb 1 mth.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by SloppyHips (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Osteoarthritis: I am 51 yrs old with advanced Osteoarthritis in both hips, and on the surgery wait list to have THR. Naproxen is quite amazing for me at controlling OA pain. So far I only take it when I have upcoming situations where I will need to walk alot. For these situations I'll take Naproxen 1-2 days in advance, 2 x 500mg tablet daily. It makes a huge difference. If I didn't worry about stomach or intestine damage I would take it continually. Other days, I try to get by with low doses of ibuprofen.

September 20, 2014 4:26 PM

Review by sapper1 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I took 500 mg. No joy after 4 hours now still feeling no relief.

September 11, 2014 6:20 PM

Review by SLUP:

Naprelan (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: I have MS and have been taking Naprelan CR 750 mg every morning for approx. 2 years, I take every morning and within minutes I can move. My Co-pay used to be $45, we changed health insurance and now it's $250 I don't know what I am going to do now. I cannot afford this.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 3, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by latinosrgood (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Anaprox (naproxen) for Muscle Pain: I was prescribed 500mg 4 times a day..I feel no pain and able to work

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 22, 2014 3:17 PM

Review by Popolopo:

For Osteoarthritis: Took my first 500mg pill last night after supper, really feel good this morning, no pain when sleeping. Will post again in a week to update.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 14, 2014 1:57 PM

Review by CkE:

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Period Pain: Since high school I had terrible cramps/fatigue and nausea. I wasn't able to go about my normal activities. Until I switched doctors and she prescribed me the naproxen. I take it a few days before I get my period (when I get "warning" cramps). By the time my period comes I have no nausea and no fatigue, the cramps are still there but nowhere close to how bad I feel without the naproxen. I have to take this with food, because if I don't it messes with my stomach. Easy to take.

August 6, 2014 8:02 PM

Review by Betty001 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Back Pain: My back pain started right after the kidney infection and tried X-ray, ultrasound, and therapy (still going for therapy), and physical massages. I avoided any medicine until I felt feverish one day and took one Advil pill. As I was sitting down comfortably and had to get up to make dinner, I noticed drastic change that I was in lesser pain, but still in pain. I was able to move better than I have been in two months. The physical therapy was helping, but it was a slow progress due to my work environment that requires me to lift heavy things. The massages were a bit helpful, but I wanted it everyday sort of a thing to get a relief. I ended up taking 2 Advils, but it wasn't enough for me. I told the doctor and she gave me this! No more pain!

August 2, 2014 1:39 PM

Review by Pinkmama60 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: I have severe Osteoarthritis my fingers twisted, my knees have had 1 replace. The other needs one, my hips, my feet and back. I find a Aleve gel caps work better than my Voltaren. I also use oxycodone to help me with severe pain.

July 29, 2014 3:56 PM

Review by Furrythings (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: 3 weeks with gout (June 20th-July 12): had to use a wheelchair before I found Walgreens All Day Pain Relief 220MG, 50 Tablets. Needed 2 pills for first 12 hours and 1 pill every 12 hours. It definitely relieved!

July 13, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by Maili (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 8:53 PM