User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 4 reviews 42 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 2 reviews 73 medications

Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Chronic Myofascial Pain 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 43 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 55 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 206 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Naproxen

Review by Furrythings (taken for less than 1 month):

For Gout, Acute: 3 weeks with gout (June 20th-July 12): had to use a wheelchair before I found Walgreens All Day Pain Relief 220MG, 50 Tablets. Needed 2 pills for first 12 hours and 1 pill every 12 hours. It definitely relieved!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 7:54 AM

Review by Maili (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: Unbelievable! After suffering everyday with sciatica nerve pain, losing sleep, falling into depression, I tried one pill, Aleve. Nothing else I tried worked. Aleve did exactly what my body needed to get relief from pain and inflammation. I didn't want a narcotic, no. I will continue to take Aleve for a week to be sure that all traces of sciatica and inflammation are completely gone.

May 30, 2014 8:53 PM

Review by Drakester 64:

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: I don't even go to the foot doctor to refill my gout medicine anymore. Those little green pills are effective but make me feel terrible. Aleve is a tremendously effective medicine for my big toe gout and I DON'T have any side effects from it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 9:02 AM

Review by Scottnomad (taken for less than 1 month):

For Back Pain: I had a herniated disc some 20 years ago and have never forgotten how effective Naproxen was at alleviating my condition. The results were astounding. Walked into a doctors surgery bent over almost double with severe sciatica. Prescribed Naproxen and took it immediately. Within 60 minutes I was walking like normal! I normally don't make comments on these kinds of thing but if it works even in a small number of people like it did me I am happy to share my experience. Try it nothing to lose no side effects I was aware of.

May 15, 2014 3:39 AM

Review by BAD_BA:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Sciatica: This was my last chance to get relief, my dr had advised that if we couldn't get the nerve to relax, surgery was the next option. The medication helped, the only thing I would only take this at bed time. This medication is very strong and makes you very sleepy, but it really does work. I only had to use it for a short time. I will not take any thing longer than a month and only when I have to.

May 6, 2014 10:25 PM

Review by oremus:

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I became very ill taking Aleve on a routine basis. I developed an intestinal ulcer, ringing in my ears, dizziness, vision changes the list goes on.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 5, 2014 5:34 AM

Review by UFO Bass:

For Muscle Pain: 375 mg, three times a day was prescribed for my severe muscle pull near the left hip. Took the first pill at dinner time Thursday. Pain subsided a bit, but the medicine apparently wears off after 8 hours, because pain woke me up at 4:15 am Friday. Took pills at 4:30 am, 12 noon and again 8 pm. Would estimate the pain was 1/3 less during the day. Sleep was again interrupted by hip pain: there was no positioning of the knees or legs that lessened the pain. Today, Saturday, I took a pill at 7 am and will continue to dose every 8 hours. Tomorrow I have to perform a concert while standing, so I'm counting on these to pull me through. Eager to get off these pills because of their scary effect on blood pressure.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 3, 2014 10:01 AM

Review by Shaolamander:

For Period Pain: So when I started getting my period at about 13 I had the WORST CRAMPS EVER. Like I'm talking over the toilet, in the shower, missing school, and stuff like that. Typically it was only the first, rarely the second, day Of my cycle I would stay home or come home in bed feeling like my insides were flipping inside out. So after a couple months of this my mom got worried and took me to the doctor who told me I should go get an ultrasound on my uterus to make sure that there wasn't extra blood flow, extra lining, or anything. This is mostly because I didn't have blood clots so she wanted to make sure there wasn't something that needed attention pronto. nothing came up in the ultrasound. So I got prescribed naproxen and it's a LIFE SAVER!!!!

April 26, 2014 10:30 AM

Review by In lotsofpain:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Back Pain: This medicine is not helping at all. My back pain seems to be getting worse not better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2014 2:50 PM

Review by kristaphee:

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Pain: I had ongoing pain and swelling for a full year after knee surgery to repair three rips in my right knee. It felt like bone rubbing on bone, felt hot to the touch with swelling After going through narcotics and Motrin for swelling, I worked on accepting that I would be dealing with this for a long time as a chronic condition. After my 1st dose of 500 mg of Naprosyn, it was a Godsend. For the 1st time in a year, my knee actually felt normal.

March 16, 2014 12:35 AM

Review by Thib (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I only use when doing physical activity

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2014 7:03 PM

Review by sandylns (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: This is an excellent pain medication as well as an anti inflammatory. I take 500 mg twice a day and had no adverse side effects.

February 1, 2014 12:57 PM

Review by Miracle73 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Period Pain: My experienced was my period was non-stop for almost 2 month. I went to my gyn and prescribed me Naproxen for pain. It was so effective that my period went away in a week. Now when my period comes I'll take it right away. Thanks Naproxen.

January 8, 2014 3:50 PM

Review by reggieuk:

For Pain: Naproxen was prescribed (x2 250mg ) for headaches I have been getting. Didn't seem to do a thing for that. However, the aches and pains in my joints (and trigger-finger related tendons) I have had for years go away pretty quickly. I feel 250mg lasts ~6hours until the pain starts to come back.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 8, 2014 2:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Headache: I was prescribed naproxen by my neurologist for menstrual migraines that left me debilitated every month with severe vomiting. I now take 500mg each morning and night a few days before my period is due. I started taking this preventative treatment of naproxen six months ago. I still get headaches and occasional migraines but they are less severe and I have no vomiting. Before taking Naproxen I was having at least three days off work each month. I haven't had any time off since starting the tablets - really have improved my quality of life.

December 27, 2013 7:28 PM

Review by nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I have a rare, incurable disease called Neurofibromatosis (Type 1). With this condition, pain is an everyday thing, especially back pain because I have scoliosis (a curve of the spine; side effect of NF1). In the past I would take 3 Ibuprofen, which had very little effect. Just yesterday I switched to Aleve; those first two pills really made a difference. My pain went away about an hour later and it worked a lot faster than the other medicines I've taken. Thank you, Aleve!

December 16, 2013 10:59 AM

Review by nf1survivor (taken for less than 1 month):

Aleve (naproxen) for Pain: I have Neurofibromatosis Type 1 and pain is an everyday thing, especially with scoliosis. Everyday I was taking Ibuprofen and that medicine had very little effect whatsoever. I switched to Aleve and as soon as I took those first two pills, I couldn't believe the results; my pain was gone an about an hour later.

December 16, 2013 9:51 AM

Review by Awesome Possum (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Headache: I have recently started using naproxen (prescription) for my migraines. I generally get migraines during my menstrual cycle and the doctor recommended taking naproxen (500 mg) every 12 hrs of that special week and so far it seems to be working. On other random days if I feel the slightest hinkling of a migraine coming on I take one naproxen and it seems to keep the migraine at bay. Naproxen has helped me have more control over my migraines, the odd time I still have to take a migraine pill such as Zomig.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 13, 2013 3:42 PM

Review by katz_trippin (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: This pill is a super strength Rx form of Aleve. If you have chronic pain it's good for inflammation of the joints that narcotic meds just cover up. Take them for breakthrough pain prn with food. They can be hard on your tummy like Tylenol type meds. I've lived with severe pain since 1989. In 2003 I was crushed between my back bumper of my car after running outta gas and the front grill of a Blazer SUV. My left leg was degloved. After a long hospital stay and many surgeries they saved my leg by reconstruction. I finally found a pain management Dr after jumping thru lots of hoops. I always fear loosing my meds before. I get where I no longer needs. them one day ( I hope). Good luck to those that aren't so fortunate as to find a compassionate Dr.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 8, 2013 12:40 AM

Review by rmaaa:

For Tendonitis: Excellent medication. After taking a week of standard ibuprofen to treat tendonitis on my foot, I turned to naproxen. Within 2 doses the pain has stopped completed. A few months ago I'd had some problems with my hip and similarly within 2 doses the pain settled completely.

October 22, 2013 7:38 AM

Review by Alycat001:

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: Aleve helps a lot

October 17, 2013 3:41 AM

Review by reviewer3434 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Anaprox-DS (naproxen) for Pain: I recommend if for girls if they have menstrual pain. It helps alot, 10-15 mins after I take the pill I feel no more pain!

October 11, 2013 7:23 PM

Review by Daisy304:

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: Unbelievable searing pain down the right side of my right leg always first thing in the morning after getting out of bed. I quickly take two Aleve with a glass of milk and wait for the pain to subside which usually takes about forty five minutes. I am then fine for the rest of the day. I also do yoga exercises later in the day which helps.

October 7, 2013 12:55 PM

Review by Psyatica:

For Sciatica: Used Naproxen for sciatica. Even had the prescription strength. It never upset my stomach but didn't help with my pain.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2013 7:16 PM

Review by haria:

For Muscle Pain: Had hip strain due to car accident. Was in severe pain for one whole day. Took one tablet of naproxen 20mg that night. Don't know where the pain went next morning! Have not taken another pill

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate