User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 6 reviews 41 medications

5.5
Frozen Shoulder 3 reviews 56 medications

2.7
Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 90 medications Not rated - Be the first
Diffuse Idiopathic S...tal Hyperostosis 0 reviews 42 medications Not rated - Be the first
Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Neck Pain 0 reviews 41 medications Not rated - Be the first
Radiculopathy 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondylolisthesis 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Naproxen reviews 268 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Naproxen

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "Naproxen is the only thing that will make my gout subside when I have an attack."

Skikt22 September 1, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Back Pain: "I took two aleve and my back pain hasn't even lessened. Still hurts the same after 4 hours and it's supposed to work for 8-12 hours."

Karla Red September 1, 2015

For Muscle Pain: "Took this for a pain I have in my wrist. Don't have arthiritis. I'm 15. It's supposed to stop the swelling and pain on the palm of my hand but it's done nothing except give me all the possible side effects. It's affecting my daily routines so yeah. Not good at all really. It's a 0/10"

Maryammm_48 August 31, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: "Wow has this changed my life. I was a long time sufferer of migraines and headaches. Advil and tynelols are like candy to me now and don't do a thing to relief pain. Even heavy prescribed migraine drugs by my doctor did not work as much as Aleve does! It is simply, for my part, miraculous! It works 99.9% of the time. It works to prevent a headache when I feel it coming. It also works to break the headache or migraine when it is already ongoing and painful. And most of the time, a single pill works. I have to say I really hope my body doesn't come used to Aleve and therefore making it less effective. So far, after a little more than a year taking Aleve, it still is perfectly effective in my case. Don't hesitate to try!"

C.Leblanc August 29, 2015

For Headache: "I have taking naproxen 500mg for migraine it alleviated a lil bit of the pain. But I did not see full recovery but it worked for my 14yr old son it took his headache away."

jpuertorican (taken for less than 1 month) August 26, 2015

For Back Pain: "I've had spinal stenosis in my lumbar area with resultant localized and sciatic pain for over thirty years now (just turned 70...decided I was getting to be way too old to be a junkie...got addicted to opiates 25 years ago). After the VA helped me through opiate-replacement therapy, I got off even the Suboxone two months ago. Clean the first time in 30 years. I take Naproxen as needed, but think I need to be on a regular daily twice-a-day dose of 500mg Naproxen to keep the low back pain down. I must be a real wuss! I read all the entries above about people nearly vomiting or passing out from the pain! My own pain is nowhere NEAR that level but I HATE pain of any kind, so try to avoid even aching low back. Naproxen helps."

Thomas C August 25, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I was prescribed this to help with an inflamed joint in my foot. Historically, I had taken Aleve, but didn't like the drug because I felt it didn't really work. Last time I took it, it work in the 11th hour of 12 hurt effectiveness time range and was gone by hour 12. But the doctor insisted I take it this time. I took it for a little more than a week and on the 10th day, I woke up to horrible chest pains. I'm 36 years old and don't believe I have a heart condition. I stopped taking the pills and the pain in my chest lessened towards the end of the day. However, my blood pressure was through the roof, when I'm characteristically low, and my resting pulse rate was 114. I also spiked a fever in the same day. Days later, still symptoms"

JSS878 August 18, 2015

For Osteoarthritis: "I take Naproxen when my knees hurt from arthritis, but I have to take it every day for at least 3 days for the pain to go away. Now my Dr. doesn't want me to Naproxen any longer, he said it's not good for people 65 to take it, I want to find out why?"

Cats 18 (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 9, 2015

For Tendonitis: "I took Alieve for a week and a half. It worked great on my chronic back and foot pain, however my arms and finger joints began to hurt like arthritis! I've never taken a drug which causes new pain! "

ViolaLove August 8, 2015

For Muscle Pain: "I pulled a muscle in my back on a Saturday. The pain was intense. Sleepless nights because of the pain. I started taking paracetamol and ibuprofen which did help during the day time. But once you have a sleep waking up was painful. Saw a doctor today. Now Friday. They told me to get naproxen 500mg. Take 1 twice a day. Took one as soon as I got home. Seem to work. Put still had the pain. Slightly. Took 1 before bed time. Only to awake in pain. I will continue using them as described by my GP but now using paracetamol to. Anti-inflammatory maybe but not a pain killer."

Simonize August 8, 2015

For Period Pain: "Was prescribed this for my crippling period cramps that made it impossible for me to go about my day whatsoever. It worked well for the first few months. It did not completely eliminate my pain but the pain was not nearly as bad as before. After about 4 months of taking it I began to notice side effects such as racing heart beat, difficulty swallowing, and constipation among others. I quickly stopped taking it after noticing these side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2015

For Sciatica: "Sciatica almost stop me from my passion. Dancing has been my life's dream. Taking 1 or 2 Naprosyn has helped me so much. Even after reading all the side affects I was scared to take it but the pain was unbearable. After taking 3 different meds this is the one that works for me"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 7, 2015

For Back Pain: "Prescribed 750mg per day for horrendous sciatica - the effect was no better than taking smarties. 5 months later MRI scan has confirmed it was in fact a herniated disc. I ended up on 240mg per day of codeine and eventually ended up on amitriptyline too to treat 10 days and nights of extortionate pain. 5 months later don't experience a lot of pain but still have numbness in foot and difficulty walking"

Buggered disc (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2015

For Headache: "When I first started using naproxen for migraines it really worked quickly and fast but now I take it and it does not work at all.."

Milena9759 July 31, 2015

For Headache: "I had never hard of naproxen sodium before but I had a bad headache at work and my friend gave it to me. It worked well and fast. I would definitely take it again."

headache rob July 27, 2015

For Muscle Pain: "Middle Back Pain and knee Pain . Yeah work for sure but need too double the daily usage"

Anonyme555 July 26, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Headache: "My head and base of the neck started hurting three days ago. The pain also moved from place to place and so abnormal that I scheduled a doctor's appointment...for next week. This pain even made my "hair" hurt. Felt like spots in the central back part of my head had been "bruised" and again, the pain location changed from the back center of head to my upper neck to the back of ears and then to the top. Prescription pain medicine left over from a surgery didn't help. Last night I took 3 Aleve out of desperation. Fell asleep and woke up a few hours later feeling much, much better. Will still see my doctor but won't be a crazy person by the time I get there."

Elise48 July 25, 2015

Aleve (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Swelling, tingling feeling on my tongue and hives shortly after taking this product. I remember taking it for period pain in middle school and had little issues, now I must stay completely away from it."

Martha Martha July 17, 2015

For Sciatica: "I'd had sciatica for 6 weeks before doctor prescribe naproxen 250mg twice a day have been taking for two weeks cant say much relief for things like walking but a little for when at rest and can now at least sleep on affected side"

limp it (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2015

For Period Pain: "I have tried everything but only with this painkiller I can function on first day of my period. I still feel little pain but bearable. I can go to job. Until I discover this drug I was every month minimum one day in bed vomiting, screaming and crying. Other pills never helped this much."

tinkyrs July 7, 2015

For Period Pain: "I was passing out from the sheer pain that radiated from my lower abdomen to my lower back and so on. I had quite the pain tolerance, yet this pain was like no other. Hot water bottles, home remedies, Motrin, nothing worked. When I spoke to my doctor, she recommended the pill but my mother was against this because of my age. After I turned 13, my doctor decided to prescribe me naproxen, 250 mg, take 2 at onset of cramps and then 1 pill every 6-8 hours as needed. It was magical, I mean within 10-20 minutes of me taking it, the pain went away. How? Naproxen is a NSAID, it reduces inflammation in the uterus. That simple. Highly recommend, but use carefully so as to not damage your liver. Seriously."

Randi937 July 6, 2015

For Bursitis: "I was prescribed Naproxen 500mg for my bursitis behind my knees in both legs. I am a college athlete and was having many problems performing at the necessary level with the pain in my legs--Naproxen helped immensely. Felt very nauseous if I did not take this medication on a full stomach!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2015

For Tendonitis: "I love Aleve! I've been lifting weights for more than 20 years and started having tendonitis in my elbows a few years ago. Often times all I'd have to do is take Aleve and rest for a day or two and the pain would go away. This time I'm having to lay off the heavy weights (for good) and wear the brace, but use Aleve as well. The combination of the two is really working! I started out taking it twice a day, but have gone down to once a day. I plan to do that for a week or two."

Himanot (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Period Pain: "I've always had horrible cramps which where unbearable I used Advil but I always end up taking 6+ so then my doctor prescribed Naproxens 500mg and only take 2 a day and the pain totally goes always within the first 10 minutes"

Alex0606 June 26, 2015

Flanax Pain Reliever (naproxen) for Costochondritis: "I have had costochondritis for two months now. I have found that my body best responds to naproxen and toradol/ ketorolac. These have both been prescribed to me after my success with Flanax (Naproxen)."

Jack7718 June 18, 2015