User Reviews for Naproxen

Also known as: Aflaxen, Aleve, All Day Pain Relief, All Day Relief, Anaprox, Anaprox-DS, Comfort Pac with Naproxen, EC-Naprosyn, Flanax Pain Reliever, Leader Naproxen Sodium, Midol Extended Relief, Naprelan, Naprosyn, Naproxen Sodium DS, Pamprin All Day Relief

Learn more about Naproxen.

Costochondritis 7 reviews 41 medications

2.7
Neck Pain 1 reviews 41 medications

Summary of Naproxen reviews 331 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Naproxen

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have been using this for about a week now and it has completely changed my life. I am more or less free of pain. The side effects are a little worrying but as long as you watch out for these it should be ok. I am now able to go to work and actually function without being in pain. For me it is working."

Maddy V April 25, 2016

For Period Pain: "Been having severe menstrual cramps since I began menstruation. I tried Naproxen (prescribed) in the past and it worked very well. Now, it has no effect what so ever. So far, liquid ibuprofen has been the only thing that helps make the pain manageable."

Plain_Jane321 (taken for less than 1 month) April 23, 2016

For Headache: "Suffer from severe headache and usually no medicine works- but by chance on holiday I had one of these that belongs to my mum and I couldn't believe how quickly it disappeared as soon as I feel a migraine coming on I take naproxen now and it goes quickly"

Vicky11 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 22, 2016

For Headache: "Third month on naproxen and can't believe how much it has changed my life. I use to suffer with migraines and tension headaches a week before my period lasting throughout my period leaving me in incruciating pain since taking naproxen my headache pain has reduced by 80%"

Georgiema April 15, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "Dear Aleve, Your packaging is a total fail. I had to take the pliers to the bottle to get into it (it's very accommodating now) then had to take my contacts out and hunt out some reading glasses to see how many pills to take for a dose. The newly swallowed pills have not yet worked on the pain, so I have no way of deciding - at this point - if your product is worth the bother."

cricket0524 April 12, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Sciatica: "Had been on prescription strength Naproxen for 6 days before I decided I didn't feel a benefit. Took nothing for 2 days and then bought Aleve 220 mg per pill and took 2. Not sure what the difference was but have noticed more relief from the constant discomfort while walking."

LamarrG April 4, 2016

For Period Pain: "Took two OTC. While it took the edge off the most extreme pain, was still very uncomfortable. I have a very high pain tolerance as I was a professional dancer, and martial artist. What annoys me is that you can't take anymore for 12 hours. Severe pain started coming back after 8 hours. I'd rather go back to my 4-5 Advil every 4 hours than this."

Kiyoko April 2, 2016

For Sciatica: "Been on straight codeine 7 years 12 daily just came a habit. In the end til today I crunched up bad enuough to almost drop my 3month old baby...hubby had to come home from work practically lift me in the car to the docs...ended up gtn a cordisone injection plus norflex and naproxen omg am so relaxed right now first time in years."

edwardsferris April 2, 2016

For Back Pain: "I have been suffering acute pain (on scale 1-10 stays between 7-10) due to a fibrolipoma in my lower lumbar. Seems likely I have something called Tethered Cord Syndrome. Was put on naproxen by one doctor and after taking it for a few years was sick of the way it made me feel so I stopped taking it. Noticed that when not taking it I felt just as much pain as when I was taking it, so it was not helping AT ALL. Everyone needs to know that naproxen only works for pain caused by inflammation, it will do nothing for nerve damage, in my experience."

LumbarAgony (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 30, 2016

Naprelan (naproxen) for Period Pain: "Works great for menstrual pain and doesn't hurt my stomach like other naproxen, as long as I take it on a full stomach. I take one and it works all day. Only draw back is the cost, so my doctor stocked me up on samples. Even with insurance it was outrageous."

AussieRab (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For Neck Pain: "I strained my neck I'm 30. This thing gave me chest pains super weakness its scary. Never again"

Side effect party March 25, 2016

For Period Pain: "I for one have horrible period cramps I have tried so many over-the-counter pain relievers and none of them worked then I tried naproxen and it changed my life I was actually able to get up and go outside and do my work I highly recommend it it's a great lifesaver if you have severe cramps like I do I have severe cramps to the point where I'm on the floor crying and almost vomiting and naproxen has held it back I mean help the pain back quite a bit love it. Its great and you don't need a perscription."

Jadice Scarlette (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Tendonitis: "Bicep tendon rupture from weight lifting. I was prescribed over the counter Aleve which is basically Naproxen twice daily for 2 weeks, then once daily for two weeks. I experienced immediate pain relief. I'm now on my third week at once a day and feels great with no side effects. Definitely on the mend. Not much into taking any kind of meds or drugs but sometimes we need them to help us recover. I highly recommend this over any other pain reliever as it is an anti inflammatory as well which this injury needs."

NikkiKoko (taken for less than 1 month) March 22, 2016

For Period Pain: "I had really bad cramps. I tried several things, and nothing seem to work. When I get them bad I have to miss school and just lay in my bed with back pain, headache, barf etc. So I had enough and decided to go to the doctors. My doctors prescribe me for naproxen. On the day of my cycle I took the pill and in about 30 minutes I was pain free. I took a nap and it felt like I didn't even have my period! I definitely recommend this, I am very pleased and this will be my go to every month. but remember, what works for me doesn't work for all."

KyKy128 March 22, 2016

For Muscle Pain: "Severe jumpy left leg Itching left leg"

Julianassange (taken for less than 1 month) March 7, 2016

For Back Pain: "I've been prescribed it off and on over the last 9 years and it didn't change my pain at all!!!! Ibuprofen works way better then naproxen. Naproxen was like taking a pill that was made of NOTHING!!!!!"

jenlbeatty41 March 2, 2016

For Muscle Pain: "injured my trap muscle and was in considerable pain....tried flexeril, diclofenac, motrin, heat cold, etc,,,,,the only thin that helped was aleve.....thankfully"

homerboy1 February 29, 2016

Anaprox (naproxen) for Back Pain: "Allergic reaction to Anaprox, this is poison I do not understand how the FDA approved this medication that almost kill me. I do not recommend it because of the dangerous side effects and should be taken out of the market. IT IS POISON AND I ONLY TOOK ONE 559 MG IN THE GENERIC FORM ( NAPROXEN )"

encabronao (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2016

For Sciatica: "Started with constant diarrhoea after taking Naproxen for 4weeks. Had a Colonoscopy and samples taken showed early stages of Microscopic Colitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Not happy."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2016

For Gout, Acute: "Was not happy with result initially as I was following dosage on label. After switching to dosage recommendation found here and elsewhere the change was almost immediate and greatly improved. I get attacks averaging once a year usually brought on during weight loss when I don't keep up with the amount of recommended liquids."

David Logan February 22, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "Well I went to the ER, they diagnosed me with gout. They gave me a prescription that was $45 for 20 pills! Pharmacist told about Aleve. I bought it for $7.99/100 pills. Best choice ever, no regrets"

anritamarie February 21, 2016

Aleve (naproxen) for Gout, Acute: "I took aleve during a gout attack. I could not really say that it helped my swelling or the pain. I ended up taking some advil to relieve the pain."

Tampa-rob February 12, 2016

For Pain: "I had terrible ear pain because of wax blockage. Could not sleep. Doc prescribed this piece of brilliance and.. Bam... The pain was gone!!!! Fantastic pills."

Viv angel (taken for less than 1 month) January 23, 2016

Naprosyn (naproxen) for Osteoarthritis: "After 3 years on naprosyn 500 one a day I started to get irritable anxious finding fault all the time about stupid things. As soon as I stopped I was normal again . I don't know what tablet to take now as I am very sensitive to a lot of drugs."

snowey (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2016

For Muscle Pain: "I have a torn shoulder tendon (rotator cuff injury) which has been causing me agonising pain 24/7 for 6 months. Ibuprofen wasn't working so I was given Naproxen. It takes quite a while to get to work (up to an hour to kick in) but once it works the relief is amazing. Only thing is, once it wears off (about 4-6 hours), the pain returns big time, and you're not supposed to use more than 2 tablets a day. Also, it made me ravenously hungry at the start (not so much now) so I've added a couple of Kg in weight. When it doesn't work well I take some Paracetamol (Acetaminophen) as well. Doesn't do anything for my headaches though and may even cause them."

JibloNoir January 20, 2016