User Reviews for Celecoxib

Also known as: Celebrex

Learn more about Celecoxib.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 12 reviews 341 medications

Fibromatosis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Celecoxib reviews 104 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Celecoxib

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis: "At 17 years old I have finally seen a rheumatologist. I got, a shot of corticosteroid which immediately made my knee and back feel 100% better. And a starter pack with 12 Celebrex samples. The celebrex didn't cause any noticeable side effects and the pain eased. I finally have my own prescription of Celebrex. I take it every now and then if the pain is not bearable. But I like to just ride out with no medication because I'm used to the flare ups. I feel weird about taking Celebrex everyday because it is a black box drug; I'm too young to start damaging my liver. All in all; Celebrex works when you need it."

Rebelosa July 5, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Worked like magic for my Mom. She can now move around without pain and do the things she coundn't do before."

Fel June 19, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I think it is great for osteo-arthritis of hip - but others work for me equally well e.g. Mobic, Voltaren. I chose Celebrex as I have read it is gentler on stomach and kidneys. The only downside is the fear I get reading about heart problems - so I change every few months an alternate the meds - with a week off in between (when I go back to limping). But I have no problems - in fact I did notice that Celebrex takes a few days to work whereas Mobic and Voltaren are almost instant"

JohnK1954 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 9, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I have OA in my hands, knee, and spine. I have been taking Celebrex for over 12 years. I have slightly high blood pressure. It could be from Celebrex but the benefits of Celebrex outweigh the possible side effects I have experienced. I am having a second spine fusion in a week and have to stop taking Celebrex, per my doctor's request. I have read more positives to keep taking it through and after surgery...I dread going off it because I will not be able to use my hands. Celebrex improves my quality of life and I recommend anyone with severe arthritis to give it a try"

mav4me (taken for 10 years or more) April 13, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: "Diagnosed 1.5 years ago. Was on Mobic for a year until it became somewhat ineffective in my left hip to the point where I could barely walk. Switched to Celebrex which is doing a lot better.. have been taking it for 6 months but I know long term effects of NSAIDS are damaging so trying no starch diet to get off NSAIDs..so far little success but need to stick to it for much longer."

Sydney25 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 27, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Celebrex is the ONLY medicine that signifcantly relieves my knee pain and allows me to walk in almost complete comfort. I take as needed, not everyday, per my doctor's recommendation, since I have high blood pressure (controlled with medicine) and high cholesterol, and have not taken it for longer than one month in a row without taking a significant break from the medicine afterward. However I will take 1 x 200 mg pill if I have a particularly active day ahead of me. I am 70 and have had no significant side effects."

Darcy R. January 22, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Very effective, reduced pain to very low level, I was on Celebrex for 3 years on and off depending on severity of pain and had no problems, as pain got more prolonged I took 200mg on a daily basis. At about 6 months I devoloped increased ringing in the ears, followed by hearing noises which couldn't be explained by a specialist hearing Doctor"

Brins (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 19, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Period Pain: "I have extremely painful periods. I'm talking pain so bad I cry and want to go to ER. I was given this to help with arthritis. And just happen to start same day well I took one and they are doable now I'm not doubled over crying. Don't get me wrong it still hurts but not nearly as bad."

usmckillsmom (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "After breaking both ankles in 1987, I was diagnosed with arthritis in 1997, I put up with mild pain and joint stiffness for years until I started my new job in 2011 at age 45, (7-8 hours a day non stop on my feet) after each shift I would be in so much excruciating pain I wondered if the job was worth it. Went to see my doctor who prescribed 100mg Celebrex twice a day, first few days I noticed a small improvement but also had a bit of stomach discomfort. After a few weeks it was like I had new ankles! Little to no pain, so I went down to 100mg a day on days I don't work and 200mg a day when I work. Only other side effect I have had is significant hair loss/ thinning for a couple weeks every 6 months, it grows back though."

BarbHogan (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 6, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm a 59 year old woman with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and I've been taking this medication for 3 months with no side effects at all. And I was expecting some so I've been pleasantly surprised. It does help with the pain but we are just getting into the cold, rainy season and time will tell just how much of a difference it really makes as this is when I'm in the most pain."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "Having chronic knee pain due to hockey injuries that has been getting worse and worse as I turned 50 - but now using 200 mg Celebrex each day has been nothing short of 100% recovery. I can now take the stairs, exercise and play hockey pain free with no side effects. Awesome, awesome."

Clarkekent50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I have debilitating pains from my costochrondritis for years. I have tried naproxen, Mobic, and Voltaren gel with no relief. My rheumatologist then suggested Celebrex. This has been a lifesaver. Celebrex has made my chest pains go from a 9-10 to about a 0-1. I would recommend this medicine to anyone dealing with costochrondirits. Even the price is not bad. I pay 60 dollars for a 90 day supply."

JuJu Grate (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had bilateral knee replacements and severe multiple joint pains problems. I have been "around the block" with all sorts of medications to help me with pain & inflammation. This includes getting and becoming addicted to pain medication. I have not taken Celebrex because at the time my problems were so bad, they were pulling all the cox 2 inhibitors off the markets. I have been on Celebrex now for slightly over a month! What a God send! I am absolutely AMAZED at how well this has worked. Please give it a chance, you will be extremely satisfied!! Pfizer offers help paying for this RX. I have a $10 copayment but with help card $4.00!! Can't beat that!"

AmyAH (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2014

For Osteoarthritis: "I take Celebrex when I'm really in pain with my arthritis, works very well. Scared of the side effects of irregular heart beat as I have a heart murmur. I have had none so far. Really good medication if you're in pain."

Ginger1954 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 2, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I took this drug for three months and it worked wonderfully for the pain. However, after three months, I lost bowel control, which is a possible side effect."

Joahanna September 15, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I am scheduled for knee replacement in a few weeks and my doctor prescribed Celebrex for me to take daily starting the day before surgery. I have been suffering with osteoarthritis for years. I am only 57 years old but my knees are so bad I walk like I am 90 years old. In addition to my knees I suffer with joint pain all over my body. I filled my prescription using the Celebrex discount card that I received from my doctor. My co pay with insurance was only $4.00. Without the discount card it would have cost $50.00. I decided to try the Celebrex now disregarding my doctors instructions. My very first day of taking Celebrex I noticed a big difference in my joint pain. I am on day three and my pain is much improved. Thank God!"

Linda in Covington September 11, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I take celebrex for costochrondritis (inflammation of the cartilage in the sternum). It is very painful and can be debilitating. After being on mobic, naproxen and other NSAIDs with no help, my rheumatologist put me on celebrex. It has been amazing. My pain went from about a 7 or 8 to a 1-2. I take it in the morning. This has been the best thing for my chest pain. Although the only issue is the price. But I would rather spend the money than have chest pains"

JuJu Renee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Reduced pain in my C2 but caused nausea, sinus pain, runny nose, cough, when taking 100mg daily, and severely increased symptoms when dose increased to 200 mg daily for one day. "

Wendyrd July 3, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm going to eventually have to have hip surgery, but Celebrex is the only medication that currently reduces my right hip pain to the point where I have restored quality of life."

CDEKR May 6, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I took 2 Advil for 5 yrs to alleviate arthritis pain. My hip/groin pain got so bad, I finally went to see a Doc. He prescribed Celebrex.. It works GREAT for my hands.... but not my hip. Someone suggested taking Tylenol WITH the Celebrex -- MUCH better results. I take l,000 mg of Tylenol and 200 mg Celebrex, daily. I hope by Summer the heat will help my arthritis and I can cut back on the Tylenol. Celebrex is very expensive. I wish the results had been a lot better for me but as a professional pianist, I'm SO grateful that it works great on my hands."

nancysmithe March 12, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 59 year old female. I have sport related injuries and have been suffering arthritis pain in both knees and hip for several years. Tried not to take medication all my life. Do not drink alcohol, tried chiropractic, tried massage therapy, do yoga regularly. But the pain was taking away my ability to enjoy life constant pain is a terrible thing. I have been taking Celebrex for approximately 1 week. I am sleeping better moving better and the pain has been reduced by at least 50%. Hoping to get my active life back. FINGERS CROSSED. Good Luck to fellow pain suffers this is definitely worth trying. Work with it. Don't drink alcohol. Eat something when you take it. I am on 2x200mg and will try to get that down to 1x. I tried 1x at first No Joy."

Fishing gal (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "The problem I ran into however was it's side effects. I had to stop taking it as it affected my breathing to the point that I couldn't walk half a block without gasping for air. To this day I still have respiratory problems after taking this."

Ms Buhda February 20, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I agree with those who say Celebrex has improved quality of life. I joked with my doctor that Celebrex is the only "anti-depressant" that ever worked for me. Chronic pain is depressing. I have been on this medication for over a decade and my joints still move with ease - and without disabling pain. I am grateful."

:) (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

86 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: "I'm a 41-year-old male and for the last few years I started suffering from many of my gym and sports-related injuries. At first, it was the pain I associated with too much work at the gym or too many miles on the trail, or picking up too much weight for my arthritic lower back, etc., but when my elbows both shut down completely at exactly the same time, and I couldn't hold a tube of toothpaste anymore, I started to freak out. For months I took way too many OTC NSAIDs, prescription pain killers, steroids, on and on and nothing came close to relieving the pain. I became angry and depressed and was a complete grump. Then my Dr. prescribed Celebrex and it is nothing short of amazing. My quality of life has greatly improved. It's expensive though."

JeromeZ1 February 7, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I already used Celebrex for several years if I have pains."

Sugiyahartati (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 31, 2014