User Reviews for Celecoxib

Also known as: Celebrex

Learn more about Celecoxib.

Rheumatoid Arthritis 12 reviews 359 medications

7.1
Period Pain 1 reviews 82 medications

4.7
Fibromatosis 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Celecoxib reviews 99 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Celecoxib

Review by Sydney25 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Ankylosing Spondylitis: Diagnosed 1.5 years ago. Was on Mobic for a year until it became somewhat ineffective in my left hip to the point where I could barely walk. Switched to Celebrex which is doing a lot better.. have been taking it for 6 months but I know long term effects of NSAIDS are damaging so trying no starch diet to get off NSAIDs..so far little success but need to stick to it for much longer.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 27, 2015 9:35 PM

Review by Darcy R.:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Celebrex is the ONLY medicine that signifcantly relieves my knee pain and allows me to walk in almost complete comfort. I take as needed, not everyday, per my doctor's recommendation, since I have high blood pressure (controlled with medicine) and high cholesterol, and have not taken it for longer than one month in a row without taking a significant break from the medicine afterward. However I will take 1 x 200 mg pill if I have a particularly active day ahead of me. I am 70 and have had no significant side effects.

January 22, 2015 9:44 AM

Review by Brins (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Very effective, reduced pain to very low level, I was on Celebrex for 3 years on and off depending on severity of pain and had no problems, as pain got more prolonged I took 200mg on a daily basis. At about 6 months I devoloped increased ringing in the ears, followed by hearing noises which couldn't be explained by a specialist hearing Doctor

December 19, 2014 4:50 PM

Review by usmckillsmom (taken for less than 1 month):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Period Pain: I have extremely painful periods. I'm talking pain so bad I cry and want to go to ER. I was given this to help with arthritis. And just happen to start same day well I took one and they are doable now I'm not doubled over crying. Don't get me wrong it still hurts but not nearly as bad.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 2:07 PM

Review by BarbHogan (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: After breaking both ankles in 1987, I was diagnosed with arthritis in 1997, I put up with mild pain and joint stiffness for years until I started my new job in 2011 at age 45, (7-8 hours a day non stop on my feet) after each shift I would be in so much excruciating pain I wondered if the job was worth it. Went to see my doctor who prescribed 100mg Celebrex twice a day, first few days I noticed a small improvement but also had a bit of stomach discomfort. After a few weeks it was like I had new ankles! Little to no pain, so I went down to 100mg a day on days I don't work and 200mg a day when I work. Only other side effect I have had is significant hair loss/ thinning for a couple weeks every 6 months, it grows back though.

December 6, 2014 8:30 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I'm a 59 year old woman with osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis and I've been taking this medication for 3 months with no side effects at all. And I was expecting some so I've been pleasantly surprised. It does help with the pain but we are just getting into the cold, rainy season and time will tell just how much of a difference it really makes as this is when I'm in the most pain.

December 4, 2014 1:05 AM

Review by Clarkekent50 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: Having chronic knee pain due to hockey injuries that has been getting worse and worse as I turned 50 - but now using 200 mg Celebrex each day has been nothing short of 100% recovery. I can now take the stairs, exercise and play hockey pain free with no side effects. Awesome, awesome.

November 5, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by JuJu Grate (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: I have debilitating pains from my costochrondritis for years. I have tried naproxen, Mobic, and Voltaren gel with no relief. My rheumatologist then suggested Celebrex. This has been a lifesaver. Celebrex has made my chest pains go from a 9-10 to about a 0-1. I would recommend this medicine to anyone dealing with costochrondirits. Even the price is not bad. I pay 60 dollars for a 90 day supply.

October 30, 2014 9:00 AM

Review by AmyAH (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I have had bilateral knee replacements and severe multiple joint pains problems. I have been "around the block" with all sorts of medications to help me with pain & inflammation. This includes getting and becoming addicted to pain medication. I have not taken Celebrex because at the time my problems were so bad, they were pulling all the cox 2 inhibitors off the markets. I have been on Celebrex now for slightly over a month! What a God send! I am absolutely AMAZED at how well this has worked. Please give it a chance, you will be extremely satisfied!! Pfizer offers help paying for this RX. I have a $10 copayment but with help card $4.00!! Can't beat that!

October 29, 2014 2:01 PM

Review by Ginger1954 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Osteoarthritis: I take Celebrex when I'm really in pain with my arthritis, works very well. Scared of the side effects of irregular heart beat as I have a heart murmur. I have had none so far. Really good medication if you're in pain.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2014 11:26 AM

Review by Joahanna:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I took this drug for three months and it worked wonderfully for the pain. However, after three months, I lost bowel control, which is a possible side effect.

September 15, 2014 4:53 AM

Review by Linda in Covington:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I am scheduled for knee replacement in a few weeks and my doctor prescribed Celebrex for me to take daily starting the day before surgery. I have been suffering with osteoarthritis for years. I am only 57 years old but my knees are so bad I walk like I am 90 years old. In addition to my knees I suffer with joint pain all over my body. I filled my prescription using the Celebrex discount card that I received from my doctor. My co pay with insurance was only $4.00. Without the discount card it would have cost $50.00. I decided to try the Celebrex now disregarding my doctors instructions. My very first day of taking Celebrex I noticed a big difference in my joint pain. I am on day three and my pain is much improved. Thank God!

September 11, 2014 8:21 AM

Review by Wendyrd:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Reduced pain in my C2 but caused nausea, sinus pain, runny nose, cough, when taking 100mg daily, and severely increased symptoms when dose increased to 200 mg daily for one day.

July 3, 2014 9:17 AM

Review by CDEKR:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I'm going to eventually have to have hip surgery, but Celebrex is the only medication that currently reduces my right hip pain to the point where I have restored quality of life.

May 6, 2014 8:18 AM

Review by nancysmithe:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: I took 2 Advil for 5 yrs to alleviate arthritis pain. My hip/groin pain got so bad, I finally went to see a Doc. He prescribed Celebrex.. It works GREAT for my hands.... but not my hip. Someone suggested taking Tylenol WITH the Celebrex -- MUCH better results. I take l,000 mg of Tylenol and 200 mg Celebrex, daily. I hope by Summer the heat will help my arthritis and I can cut back on the Tylenol. Celebrex is very expensive. I wish the results had been a lot better for me but as a professional pianist, I'm SO grateful that it works great on my hands.

March 12, 2014 10:26 AM

Review by Fishing gal (taken for less than 1 month):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I am 59 year old female. I have sport related injuries and have been suffering arthritis pain in both knees and hip for several years. Tried not to take medication all my life. Do not drink alcohol, tried chiropractic, tried massage therapy, do yoga regularly. But the pain was taking away my ability to enjoy life constant pain is a terrible thing. I have been taking Celebrex for approximately 1 week. I am sleeping better moving better and the pain has been reduced by at least 50%. Hoping to get my active life back. FINGERS CROSSED. Good Luck to fellow pain suffers this is definitely worth trying. Work with it. Don't drink alcohol. Eat something when you take it. I am on 2x200mg and will try to get that down to 1x. I tried 1x at first No Joy.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 9:35 AM

Review by Ms Buhda:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: The problem I ran into however was it's side effects. I had to stop taking it as it affected my breathing to the point that I couldn't walk half a block without gasping for air. To this day I still have respiratory problems after taking this.

February 20, 2014 4:38 PM

Review by :) (taken for 10 years or more):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: I agree with those who say Celebrex has improved quality of life. I joked with my doctor that Celebrex is the only "anti-depressant" that ever worked for me. Chronic pain is depressing. I have been on this medication for over a decade and my joints still move with ease - and without disabling pain. I am grateful.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 11, 2014 12:40 PM

Review by JeromeZ1:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: I'm a 41-year-old male and for the last few years I started suffering from many of my gym and sports-related injuries. At first, it was the pain I associated with too much work at the gym or too many miles on the trail, or picking up too much weight for my arthritic lower back, etc., but when my elbows both shut down completely at exactly the same time, and I couldn't hold a tube of toothpaste anymore, I started to freak out. For months I took way too many OTC NSAIDs, prescription pain killers, steroids, on and on and nothing came close to relieving the pain. I became angry and depressed and was a complete grump. Then my Dr. prescribed Celebrex and it is nothing short of amazing. My quality of life has greatly improved. It's expensive though.

February 7, 2014 3:55 PM

Review by Sugiyahartati (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I already used Celebrex for several years if I have pains.

January 31, 2014 7:47 PM

Review by Bel air Sam:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: Use it when I play golf. It really works for me. Takes away all of the pain in my knee.

November 4, 2013 11:15 PM

Review by DGinny:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Pain: I still have to take Advil, or Aleve in addition to Celebrex.

November 2, 2013 11:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Have been taking about 3 weeks (200mg/daily). Started having irregular heartbeats after about 2 weeks. Stopped taking and it cleared up, I started taking again and irregular heartbeats have returned. I guess I will have to stop, what a shame--- it really helps the pain!!!

October 31, 2013 9:10 PM

Review by KateRN (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: I feel as though I've been given a second chance at living. I am enjoying life for the first time in many years. I will be dropping off my walker, crutches and chair lift at the Goodwill this week (you may think I'm kidding--I'm serious). I do fear that the change might be temporary but, I'm going to enjoy everything while the pain is gone! (Five weeks pain free).

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2013 7:50 PM

Review by Anon22:

Celebrex (celecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: Celebrex is great for pain, ten out of ten - but for me, it has unwanted side effects, such as stomach bloat and hair loss. I was on it for 3 years, and came off of it, and now I am back on it because of the pain. But, I am going to try some other osteoarthritis medicines, and hope for less side effects. I'm female and the side effects of Celebrex are terrible.

September 30, 2013 12:29 PM