User Reviews for Celecoxib

Also known as: Celebrex

Learn more about Celecoxib.

Celecoxib Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 1898 medications used in the treatment of Pain.

Reviews for Celecoxib to treat Pain

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I started taking a morning dose for 24 hours last Friday, 2/5/2016. Pain free immediately, but had very itchy areas. Had to stop taking due to intensity of itchy rash Monday morning 2/8/2016, but by 2pm, wish I had taken one this morning again!! ALMOST WORTH IT!"

Pete201 February 8, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I was in a lot of pain in my lower back and shooting pain down my leg for months, and had increasing difficulty in walking and sleeping. I had been forced to use a cane, and a scooter to get around and I could no longer walk any distance. I had to stop physical therapy because the pain was too bad and epidural injections seemed to offer little relief. The MRI indicated that I had tissue from a herniated disc and protruding disc was pressing on the nerves so I was scheduled for surgery. I was given a prescription for Celebrex ( 250 mg/ 2 times/day) 8 weeks before surgery to help relieve the pain. One week before surgery, I was told to stop taking Celebrex. The pain has not returned and the surgery was cancelled. I am now essentially pain"

Dave OH (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

Celebrex (celecoxib): "Doctor gave me Celebrex.I've been taking it for a week. It does nothing for my hip pain (bone on bone arthritis). I'm going off it and back on Advil."

Luvveg (taken for less than 1 month) December 4, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I have been in pain for years. I did massage therapy, physiotherapy, yoga, ran, walked and weights. Finally, my Doctor gave me a script for Celebrex - Instant pain relief in both my neck and lumbar. It is November 11, 2015 and I am going to celebrate tonight. I am pain FREE!"

Jojo Zee November 12, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib): "1 pill every 24 hours VERY convenient. Is not near as hard on stomach and intestines. Works about as well as Aleve or Ibuprofen if you take them every 4 hours."

fredee (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 28, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I went they 2 years of hell with lower back pain it ruined my life for those 2 years seemingly endless pain and suffering . Then my doctor prescribed Celebrex, which stopped the pain dead in its tracks"

Anonymous August 3, 2015

Celebrex (celecoxib): "Having chronic knee pain due to hockey injuries that has been getting worse and worse as I turned 50 - but now using 200 mg Celebrex each day has been nothing short of 100% recovery. I can now take the stairs, exercise and play hockey pain free with no side effects. Awesome, awesome."

Clarkekent50 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I have debilitating pains from my costochrondritis for years. I have tried naproxen, Mobic, and Voltaren gel with no relief. My rheumatologist then suggested Celebrex. This has been a lifesaver. Celebrex has made my chest pains go from a 9-10 to about a 0-1. I would recommend this medicine to anyone dealing with costochrondirits. Even the price is not bad. I pay 60 dollars for a 90 day supply."

JuJu Grate (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I take celebrex for costochrondritis (inflammation of the cartilage in the sternum). It is very painful and can be debilitating. After being on mobic, naproxen and other NSAIDs with no help, my rheumatologist put me on celebrex. It has been amazing. My pain went from about a 7 or 8 to a 1-2. I take it in the morning. This has been the best thing for my chest pain. Although the only issue is the price. But I would rather spend the money than have chest pains"

JuJu Renee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I took 2 Advil for 5 yrs to alleviate arthritis pain. My hip/groin pain got so bad, I finally went to see a Doc. He prescribed Celebrex.. It works GREAT for my hands.... but not my hip. Someone suggested taking Tylenol WITH the Celebrex -- MUCH better results. I take l,000 mg of Tylenol and 200 mg Celebrex, daily. I hope by Summer the heat will help my arthritis and I can cut back on the Tylenol. Celebrex is very expensive. I wish the results had been a lot better for me but as a professional pianist, I'm SO grateful that it works great on my hands."

nancysmithe March 12, 2014

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I agree with those who say Celebrex has improved quality of life. I joked with my doctor that Celebrex is the only "anti-depressant" that ever worked for me. Chronic pain is depressing. I have been on this medication for over a decade and my joints still move with ease - and without disabling pain. I am grateful."

:) (taken for 10 years or more) February 11, 2014

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I'm a 41-year-old male and for the last few years I started suffering from many of my gym and sports-related injuries. At first, it was the pain I associated with too much work at the gym or too many miles on the trail, or picking up too much weight for my arthritic lower back, etc., but when my elbows both shut down completely at exactly the same time, and I couldn't hold a tube of toothpaste anymore, I started to freak out. For months I took way too many OTC NSAIDs, prescription pain killers, steroids, on and on and nothing came close to relieving the pain. I became angry and depressed and was a complete grump. Then my Dr. prescribed Celebrex and it is nothing short of amazing. My quality of life has greatly improved. It's expensive though."

JeromeZ1 February 7, 2014

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celebrex (celecoxib): "Use it when I play golf. It really works for me. Takes away all of the pain in my knee."

Bel air Sam November 4, 2013

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I still have to take Advil, or Aleve in addition to Celebrex."

DGinny November 2, 2013

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I am 49 years old, my mother is in hospital with 2 knee replacement and I have noticed over the years I too have pain in my knees after years of then cracking as I walked upstairs. Then the pain got worse so I went to the doc and he told me to try Celebrex 300 mg a day and let me tell you so far no side effects and I am happy again. The wife says I am acting strange, she's never seen me so happy but its not for all. For me I wish I would have done this a lot sooner. "

YoungWisher (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 17, 2013

"I have been on Celebrex off and on, over the last 10 years or more. I take it mainly for lower back pain. I understand it increases your chance of heart attack and stroke, so I take it only when I need it. It is hard on your stomach, so take it after a meal. But it really helps ease my lower back pain. I don't understand why the price for my prescription was $300. this month. It's never been that high! That's why I'm here, looking to see if there is an explanation. The chemist told me to call my insurance company, as he didn't know. Its a good medicine but its so expensive now I'll probably have to phase it out."

Mary Scots March 26, 2013

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I had great relief of the pain issue but I gained 40 pounds in 3 months. My weight has been stable for 15 years until I began gaining weight overnight. The sudden weight gain is worse than the initial pain so I have discontinued taking Celebrex."

DMayo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2013

Celebrex (celecoxib): "A few years before I went through menopause. I used to have incredible pain, headache and felt like my Lymph Nodes were going to burst out of my throat 3 days before my menstruation and when I started to take this it worked totally. I had tried all kinds of pain killers but nothing made any difference. My doctor had prescribed it for my back pain originally. So one day I decided to try take it for my menstrual pain and was amazed that it worked so well for my Lymph Nodes and headache as well."

biggulp October 31, 2012

"I love this medication, I would be lost with out it. I have degeneration of the spine and this causes a lot of swelling. Before Celebrex I couldn't get out of bed without taking pain meds first and giving them time to work. Now with Celebrex I can get right up, I move like I did 10 years ago. "

adagwan (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 1, 2012

Celebrex (celecoxib): "Didn't do much for me."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 23, 2012

Celebrex (celecoxib): "Did not help my back pain."

slaytonchristy1967 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2012

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I have had back pain (mid-back and shoulder and neck pain) for 10 years or more everyday. I have had 3 cortisone shots in my shoulder. I have massages every month and go to the chiropractor when it is bad. I finally caved in and went to the doctor and got Celebrex 200mg once a day, and Omega 3. I have taken it for 10 days now and have never felt better. I cannot believe I have no pain. Why did I wait so long? I am 50 years old."

mystic 50 (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2012

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I commenced Celebrex 100mgs twice a day following shoulder surgery. Aided freer movement but causing increased restlessness and reflux."

Anonymous January 29, 2012

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I've had two bad knee surgeries and was left option-less by my orthopedist so I left and went to a pain doctor. I was prescribed Celebrex after trying nearly all the other NSAIDs and have taken it for 6 months. I'm not painless, but it has worked miracles from where I was, and I know when I've forgotten to take it."

Anonymous August 15, 2011

Celebrex (celecoxib): "I started having extreme joint pain almost overnight and was like that for over 2 weeks. The Doctor put me on Celebrex, 2 pills 2 times a day for 5 days with 1 pill once a day since. I feel so much better and no side effects, not even an upset stomach. I'm so happy there is a pain medication that is not a steroid or narcotic."

Anonymous June 27, 2011