User Reviews for Aspirin

Also known as: Acetylsalicylic Acid, Acuprin 81, Arthritis Foundation Pain Reliever, Arthritis Pain, Ascriptin, Ascriptin Enteric, Ascriptin Maximum Strength, Aspergum, Aspir 81, Aspir-Low, Aspirin Lite Coat, Aspirin Low Strength, Aspiritab, Aspirtab, Bayer Advanced Aspirin, ...show all 60 brand names

Learn more about Aspirin.

Fever 1 reviews 372 medications

Ankylosing Spondylitis 0 reviews 140 medications Not rated - Be the first
Antiphospholipid Syndrome 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Aseptic Necrosis 0 reviews 91 medications Not rated - Be the first
Ischemic Stroke, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 64 medications Not rated - Be the first
Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis 0 reviews 113 medications Not rated - Be the first
Myocardial Infarction, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 61 medications Not rated - Be the first
Niacin Flush 0 reviews 56 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prosthetic Heart Val...osis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 59 medications Not rated - Be the first
Prosthetic Heart Val...osis Prophylaxis 0 reviews 63 medications Not rated - Be the first
Rheumatic Fever 0 reviews 49 medications Not rated - Be the first
Spondyloarthritis 0 reviews 67 medications Not rated - Be the first
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus 0 reviews 115 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Aspirin reviews 22 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Aspirin

Review by stricklerdavea:

Arthritis Pain (aspirin) for Heart Attack: I have rheumatoid arthritis and take an aspirin per day for my heart. It is effective in relieving headaches, especially quick if the tablet is chewed. Read the side effects to receive best results. Dosage I use is two, repeated as needed every few hours. This based on my needs and experience.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2014 9:57 AM

Review by JohnHalo (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Stanback Analgesic (aspirin) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have rheumatoid arthritis in my shoulders and hands. My doc has had me try several different NSAID's for it. I was having the best results with plain old ibuprofen. But I was having to take 16 - 20 200 mg tablets a day. I saw Stanback at a local discount store and got 2 boxes. I was suffering terribly from the shoulder and hand pain and was willing to try anything. I tried Stanback, and it was like a miracle for me! If you're not familiar with Stanback it is a headache powder you can either take mixed with a liquid or pour straight on the tongue. It's very old school but works well and doesn't even taste bad.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2014 3:57 PM

Review by clevelandrealtor (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Heart Attack: Good blood thinner

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2013 9:07 PM

Review by cccv2:

For Back Pain: Asprin is much better,than Advil,Aleve for back pain and pain in joints. It's cheap and effective. The biggest disadvantage for aspirin is gastrointestinal disturbances.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2013 2:09 PM

Review by candy3389:

For Sciatica: I have severe sciatica as a result of cyst on L5. Epidural failed, gave relief for a week before pain returned, and I am headed toward surgery to remove the cyst. I have found aspirin works better than Aleve (2 every 8 hours or 3 every 12 hours per my doc is OK) , Advil and Tylenol, 10 MG Norco and Gabapentin although I am stepping up bit by bit to a full dose of gabapentin and maybe eventually that will help. On a scale of 1-10 my pain is a 10 and the aspirin will cut it down to a 3-4 for a couple of hours.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 13, 2013 7:02 PM

Review by sjp in Sacramento:

For Pain: I have been taking aspirin for the last 35 years or so for headache related pain. It is far more effective than Tylenol or ibuprofen. It's pretty safe and very affordable.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 19, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by r66baker (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Bayer Children's Aspirin (aspirin) for Transient Ischemic Attack: No side effects, easy to take, no more symptoms since taking.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 1, 2013 8:39 AM

Review by Mike2K (taken for 10 years or more):

For Heart Attack: My family has a history of heart attack so I always carry aspirin with me just in case. I found a wristband on the market that stores 2 aspirin in it. It is a great and convenient method of carrying aspirin around so I don't need a bulky bottle of it in my pocket. It is called the Beatfirst Aspirin Wristband for anyone else with the same problem.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2013 7:17 PM

Bufferin (aspirin) for Pain: After having ulcers the doctor recomended bufferin for pain, that was 40 years ago. I have relied on that and extra strength bufferin since then. Since it was taken off the market I have tried others but they do not work as well. Please please bring the bufferin back.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 22, 2012 11:50 PM

Review by grandmother4 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Bayer Advanced Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: Used Bayer Advanced for back pain before bed, slept through the night, which I haven't done for months. I take it every night before bed and can actually sleep.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 26, 2012 4:52 PM

For Osteoarthritis: I have found that aspirin has been an amazing help with the arthritis pain that I have dealt with over the years. I don%u2019t know what got into me to give aspirin a try but am I ever glad that I did! I had thought that naproxen was the best I could do for pain using over the counter medicines since it had been a prescription drug at the time it was prescribed for me for this several years ago. However, at least for my shoulder pain problem, it has been the other way around.

January 23, 2012 10:15 PM

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: It works. I always take Bayer when I have a headache, and it always works. I took store brand aspirin for four days battling a headache, and it just DID NOT work at ALL. Popped two expired Bayer today and they still worked like magic on both my back pain from menstruation and the headache I haven't been able to get over. I feel so much better that I literally went online to write a review about it. If that doesn't convince you, I don't know what will. Try it, it works.

November 14, 2011 8:07 PM

For Pain: This would be the second most effective NSAID for me, behind Motrin but well ahead of Aleve or other OTC's of any type - It is my preference for "cold and flu" because it breaks a fever pretty quick. If there is a downside, it's that if I take 2 or 3 a day for more than a week, it definitely causes a ringing in my ears, loud. Short-term or simple pain, the old school aspirin just works.

July 25, 2010 9:02 AM

Review by Tatita:

Bayer Aspirin Extra Strength Plus (aspirin) for Angina: I had short respiration and pain in the side left of the head and neck, very rapid palpitations and with fatigue. I took an aspirin and the next day I was feeling good or better.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2009 3:45 PM

Review by Mark P M:

For Sciatica: I am 35 year old male with moderate to severe sciatica (pain from buttock to ankle) due to bulging disc L5 - S1. I found taking a 1000mg dose gave significant and almost total relief for about 1 to 2 hours. The effect was greater if the pain was not too severe, the best results came from taking Aspirin before the pain got severe. I also found that taking Aspirin without food made it work faster but I suffered stomach aches a consequence.

August 17, 2009 3:31 AM

Review by olddrugs:

Bayer Aspirin (aspirin) for Back Pain: May not always numb it, but makes it bearable.

July 24, 2009 12:15 PM

Review by olddrugs:

For Back Pain: Old and reliable.

July 24, 2009 12:07 PM

Review by Renlynn:

For Back Pain: Have tried Motrin, Aleve, Tylenol for back pain and nothing works as well. Take it with food and take a brand that is coated and even the few side effects are lessened. It's still the safest and most effective in my personal view.

June 29, 2009 7:44 PM

Review by hrthota:

For Thromboembolic Stroke Prophylaxis: I have been using 150mg of aspirin everyday for the last 4 years. I have confirmed Diabetes and borderline high blood pressure. I don't find any side effects. The rest of the health parameters are okay.

December 11, 2008 12:54 AM

Review by FOXY MAMA:

For Back Pain: It actually works.

November 14, 2008 8:24 AM

Ascriptin Maximum Strength (aspirin) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: I have used this aspirin for about 30 years to help with rheumatoid arthritis. I miss it terribly when I have to stop it for tests or medical procedures. The coating helps to keep it from hurting my stomach.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate