Medication Guide App

User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 25 reviews 512 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 149 reviews 7.1

Reviews for TriNessa

Review by Vanessa190:

For Birth Control: I took trinessa for 3 month and it was driving me crazy. This was my first time ever taking birth control and my experience was awful! My mood swings was very bad, I had slight depression, emotional problems, I just got married and I didn't want my husband to touch me, and vaginal discharge all the time is was grossing me out! No weight gain and my period was on point! But I will never ever go back to this again!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 26, 2015 8:14 PM

Review by AngelaRGA:

For Birth Control: I recently went on Trinessa after being off of birth control for several years. I explained to my doctor that when I took BC pills in the past I always had taken the low dose OrthTricyclen. He prescribed me the normal dose of Trinesaa anyways. Needless to say, I will never take these pills again. I was given a 90 day supply, and the first few days of taking it I was constantly nauseous. Then after about a month I noticed a five pound weight gain (I am a soldier in the US military so I work out five days a week and nothing else could have caused this) which, by the time the prescription had ran out had ballooned up to almost fifteen pounds! After roughly a month I started having horrible mood swings. Never again will I feed myself hormones.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 25, 2015 5:18 PM

Review by Lydia92:

For Birth Control: This was the first birth control I was on. I was on it for 2 years. I didn't have any extremely terrible side effects and the birth control did what it's intended to do, PREVENT BABIES. I did experience increased discharge, extreme lack of sex drive, and extreme fatigue. It didn't make me nauseous or vomit. I recently switched to the Nexplanon and will never go back to the pill!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 2, 2015 8:26 PM

Review by Jessi9660:

For Birth Control: I've been on this for 3, almost 4 years now. It's works wonderful. My acne cleared right up after about 6 months, my period became regular, I stopped getting cramps (I get like a stomach ache now) and I had no negative side effects what so ever. I get 3 months at a time and pay nothing!

February 10, 2015 6:52 PM

Review by Ashes345:

For Birth Control: So I started trinessa when I was about 15 due to irregular periods. It worked VERY well for me - a bit rocky at first, but after about 3 months, my periods were regular (I was having them twice a month) and my skin was much clearer. No cramps with little bloating. I got off of the pill due to my doctor being a bit forgetful of refills, and I didn't see a huge change until the every-two-week period came back. I am now back on it and am so thankful for it!!! 10/10 would recommend

February 8, 2015 11:07 PM

Review by moonrocky:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been on Trinessa for 5 months and experienced moodyness and depression for the first month of taking it, second and third month I've gotten vaginitus, nausea was always present and in the fourth and 5th month a horrible face rash with hives .-. I'm switching and going on Nexplanon and hoping that that works more to my liking xP not worth the face rash though and having to wear foundation annoying, but hey I didn't get pregnant xD

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 8:11 PM

Review by VisualEffects (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been taking this for 3 months now. Cons: I have always worked out 5-6 days a week and still have gained about 8-10lbs since starting this pill. Has caused bloating, loss of sex drive, and quite often nausea. Pros: Skin looks a little better, periods are regulated, and cramps are exceedingly less. But to be honest many of those weren't really much of an issue before, the only one was the cramps and that I just had to make sure to have some Advil or something on hand. So... in the end not a huge fan of this.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 9:31 AM

Review by sarah679 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Face cleared. Gained 5 pounds. No vomiting for me or irregular mood swings. Also my periods are very very precise. Only bad thing is the super decreased limbo. Just don't care for it anymore it seems

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 20, 2015 7:45 PM

Review by Mid-Twenties Mom:

For Birth Control: I had my daughter 2.5 years ago and put off getting back on birth control for a YEAR AND A HALF after she was born because I know the horrors that can come from it. I went to the Dr. for my yearly visit and she suggested I try TriNessa and I've been pretty happy with it. The first few months I had extreme nausea (almost to the point of throwing up - but never did), headaches and slight weight gain(3-4lbs). However, I am happy with it because my skin is basically flawless whereas before I had occasional bad breakouts. I bloat a lot the week before my period but that would happen to me before anyway.

January 4, 2015 3:42 AM

Review by EERRDD:

For Birth Control: I switched to TriNessa after being on a lower estrogen pill for three months. The previous pill caused some irregularity in my periods. TriNessa did regulate my period. But the improvements in my acne on the other pill unraveled a bit. I get acne just like I did before ever going on birth control. Sex drive has decreased slightly but nothing detrimental. No weight gain but I do have one terrible evening of nausea once a month during the week before the placebo pills.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2014 8:57 AM

Review by * (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: My Gyno prescribed me Trinessa since I had been having irregular periods for a while, the pills had no side effects with me & it cleared up my acne pretty well. 10/10 recommend.

December 6, 2014 11:54 PM

Review by Katieb22:

For Acne: I am 19 years old and have suffered from moderate to severe acne since I was 13. I had tried everything. And when I say everything%u2026I mean EVERYTHING. Long story short I have finally found something that works for me. Just wanting to share: I have been seeing positive results after taking a women's multivitamin and a vitamin A. As well as getting prescribed a Tretinoin .05 gel. You can do the research but just wanted to also tell people about those. Good luck! I hope you have to same great results I have!

December 5, 2014 10:01 AM

Review by Mariah26:

For Acne: I have taken Trinessa for about 8 months and during maybe the first 2 I felt some nausea, but it quickly cleared my acne up and also helped with my heavy, painful menstrul cycle. I also noticed that I have a smaller appetite now and I have lost 15 pounds during the summer but I'm not complaining.

October 19, 2014 6:29 PM

Review by Kat94:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was originally on Trisprintec and got switched to Trinessa and ever since have had nothing but problems I get a period every two weeks, I vomit all the time and have gained alot of weight. I've been on this pill for 7 months now so my body should be used to it by now. Very unhappy.

October 9, 2014 3:01 PM

For Birth Control: I've had been on Trinessa for a year and a few months, ran out and because of insurance issues couldn't get back on it until this month, all together taken it for almost two years. The whole time when I first started and this second time I started taking it again have both been good (and the same) experiences. I have experienced bloating and increased discharge (which both suck a lot), but on the plus side no weight gain, no headaches, no change in my period (it's always been really short except when I used the Depo shot), no change in sex-drive. I have recommended this to a friend.

September 21, 2014 9:59 PM

Review by Vannahpie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I took Trinessa for a year and had no negative side effects, but I decided to try a few other birth control pills in an attempt to have a shorter period. Every single one of them left me moody, depressed, and my sex drive was completely non existent. Trinessa is the only birth control I've been able to find that both helps with acne and doesn't destroy my sex drive. However on the last week of active pills my breasts usually feel heavy and sore and I will break out a little more than the rest of the month.

September 16, 2014 10:45 PM

Review by Jennenay (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I've always been lucky to have naturally flawless skin, but then the beginning of this year I got the most intense cystic acne on both of my cheek bones. It looked like I had an allergic reaction to blush. I tried everything, Proactive, dermatologists visits, prescribed medication, expensive products, facials. My skin other than my acne zones was soft and smooth but nothing was treating the actual problem on my cheeks. I decided to change my birth control. I was on Levora for a few years before switching to Tri-Nessa a few months ago. TriNessa took a couple months to fix the acne but I couldn't be happier! I'm just waiting for my skin to renew to get rid of the red. My confidence is back! Be patient it's worth it!

August 27, 2014 4:13 PM

Review by Lynn129:

For Birth Control: The pill started great until everytime I take it I want to vomit all the time. Practically, had the experience of a pregnant woman. I gained weight, was expected and had terrible headaches don't go away for hours. Impossible to sleep without wanting to vomit. I've been having emotional problems feeling depressed and crying without reason.

August 14, 2014 3:42 AM

Review by Not Worth The Pain:

For Birth Control: I've only been on for a month and a half, but my body has DRASTICALLY changed. The abdominal pain is unbearable, I've missed work multiple times because I'm unable to leave the bathroom. The bloating has been out of control, and besides my normal acid reflux disease, the extra heartburn has me constantly sick - no matter what I eat. The first 1.5 weeks of the pill pack are the worst, I cant eat or sleep, and the migraines are awful. Moody, lack of desire to do anything, which is NOT like me. The only benefit is a bit of a weaker period, but the side-effects are unbearable.

August 11, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Annon678:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Trinessa for about 2 and a half months. The first week upon taking it, I had severe abdominal pain and headaches. I was hungry all the time but, due to the warning that I would have increased cravings, I controlled it rather well. It seemed to get better throughout the month, my face was clearing up, I had energy again, but I still got minor to severe pains on a regular basis. My period came after three days of being on the inactive pills and lasted 4 days. My cramps improved drastically and I was still hormonal, just less. I started back on the pills again and the first day I experienced extreme nausea and vomited. The nausea has continued to follow me for the past weeks, now I am looking into the Nuvaring.

August 6, 2014 9:47 AM

Review by nicole_anddime (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Before having my daughter I was on Desogen for 5 yrs, with an amazing experience. It took me two yrs to get pregnant after stopping. Requested the same after baby with little difference. Had to switch 3 months ago for insurance reasons and have been miserable since. I am way more moody (weepy/short fuse), I've gained 5-7 lbs. Terrible bloating the week before my period as well as nausea/vomiting and bad cramps a few days before. Worst symptom: complete destruction of my sex drive. Like... I could really care less. I also started a week early this time for some reason. I am switching back next month and paying the $32 dollars a month until my doctor decides he believes me when I say that one child is enough for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 3:34 AM

Review by Relle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I'm almost finished my first pack of Trinessa and the side effects that I've experienced are LOTS of bloating and also vaginal discharge. I've gotten use to the bloating, but the vaginal discharge is annoying and frustrating because I kept thinking it was a yeast infection or something like that and everything I've taken to try to get rid of it has not worked and it was driving me crazy, but after reading some of the reviews for Trinessa, I realized it must be one of the side effects of the pill because it started when I started taking it. The first week I started the pack, I had a lack of appetite, but I've been eating regularly since then. I haven't experienced any weight gain. Overall Trinessa seems to be a decent birth control

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2014 3:47 PM

Review by Roxy S:

For Acne: This is my 4th month on Trinessa. My doctor put me on it to help with my heavy and irregular periods as well as my acne. The first 2 months didn't seem to have any effect on me other than make me break out. In fact, this first period I had on this medicine seemed longer (around 7 days) and more painful than ever before. I even experienced a bit of sickness around the first week. But I kept taking it, and it has finally started clearing up my acne and the last period I had was only 4 days with minimal cramping. This birth control is pretty effective for me, and it's finally doing it's job. The point is: give it time to work.

July 29, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by Alysssia:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Trinessa for 3 weeks now. I have a little stomach pain sometimes but I guess I can deal with it and it is clearing my face which was something I notice today while looking in the mirror, I was glowing, loved it but I've been bloated and I really don't like looking pregnant when I'm not...but I do hope I'll gain weight just not in my stomach.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 4:12 AM

Review by chemical_kid (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for almost 6 months now and I haven't seen many issues with it. When I first started I was a bit moody, but now that side effect seems to have gone away. Also I've had somewhat irregular periods while on the pill. I've had no headaches, weight gain, my skin has cleared up a lot since starting it. I'd definitely recommend it.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate