User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 177 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 118 reviews 7.2

Reviews for TriNessa

Review by Anonymous :-): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I have only been on this pill for one cycle, but it seems as if my acne is worse. I was put on Trinessa solely for my acne and now I'm considering stopping. I have read reviews and the vast majority of those reviews mention a huge flare-up in their acne, just as I have, which makes me think that this isn't unusual. I really want to stick with it, but I'm not sure my self-confidence can handle it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 23, 2014 10:18 AM
Review by Fullofsmiles: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I've been on this birth control for six months and I love it. I had acne all over my back and very few on my face. Within the first month my face cleared up and some on my back. Im now going on my seventh month and my whole back is clear. Ladies with acne definitely need to try this and Give it time to work

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 21, 2014 2:12 AM
Review by Sonothappy: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Over 2 months...I've gained 10lbs, awful mood swings, headaches (which I never used to get) and fatigue. I switched to this to help with my spotting but I feel like I'd take the spotting over this any day! Not happy.

March 6, 2014 11:23 PM
Review by E.Wiser.694: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Never had a problem. Not intended weight gain, and periods seemed to turn out normal and right on time every month.

February 8, 2014 12:48 AM
Review by Lovethisstuff: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking this birth control for a year now and I absolutely love it. Since I started taking I've seen no physical change in my health. It cleared up my skin great!

January 3, 2014 1:03 AM
Review by Angie11: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on Depo for six yrs and recently switched. So far I love this birth control. My skin is so clear and glowing. I have short periods but mild headaches and mood swings. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone because of the minimal side effects. I love that my weight is under control.

December 28, 2013 4:39 PM
Review by nadiaaaa: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I love this birth control. I've been on the pill for about 6 months and I still have NO Side effects, well I do eat alot. I'm now 159 lbs but that's okay. I got on this pill for birth control but mainly for acne, and it works so great. It gets worse before it gets better, I recommend this pill for everybody. Try it.

December 13, 2013 12:26 PM
Review by Butterflygirl08 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: So I've been on Tri-Nessa for almost 2 months,and each time i start a new pack i get bad stomach pains and then on week 2 everything is back to normal. Since I've been on it i vomited twice and anytime i eat something my stomach feels empty, even though i ate a lot. My periods have been coming on time and my face is clearing. My only problem is the bad stomach pains.

November 3, 2013 2:11 AM
Review by Di Casti: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Ovarian Cysts: This is my first time ever in my life being on birth control pills. My 1st week on these things my flow was heavier than I have ever seen it in years. I have always had my period regularly, but it would switch up once in a blue. My Gyno insisted that I get on them due to my PCOS. I am also unable to get pregnant and was also told it might help. So whenever I am ready to have children to get off the BC. I'm still not sure of how this works to get pregnant. I've just always been afraid to take BCPs only because I've seen and heard of the damages that have done to some women. Well I hope this plays out well. Will keep you all posted

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2013 12:03 AM
Review by Lizzie E.: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on TriNessa for about two years and I love it. My skin is clear, my periods are usually only 4 days long with no severe cramps, and I haven't had any noticeable side effects like mood swings or weight gain. In fact I've lost almost thirty pounds in recent months through diet and exercise, so losing weight hasn't been an issue either. I've tried so many kinds of bc (the shot, the ring, other pills) and so far this one is my favorite.

October 26, 2013 8:44 PM
Review by marylikestodraw (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about six years before switching to the IUD, which was awful. I got my IUD taken out, and was put on Trinessa. I love it! I loved Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo a lot, and since getting married, money has become more of a priority. It's free with my insurance! Loving it! Physically, my skin has never been more clear, I have less cramps/breast tenderness, and a shorter, lighter period. It's awesome!

October 17, 2013 2:19 PM
Review by JamminC (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on birth control for about 5 years but I had to switch brands due to Yaz being discontinued. I tried another brand at the beginning of the year with no luck. I've been taking Trinessa for 2 months and I has been awful! I haven't gotten pregnant which is a good thing but the side effects are extreme. I have gained about 5 lbs and I am bloated. I have had very bad cramps; they are so bad that my back even hurts. I have always suffered from migraines and they have been controlled but within the last week they have been awful. I am going to see my gyno next week to explore some other options.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 15, 2013 5:25 PM
Review by Jf333: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I just started taking TriNessa (I'm on my fourth pill). I'm 21 years old and it's my first time ever taking a birth control pill. So far, I love it! The first couple of days, I experienced a tiny headache. Nothing horrible. I barely even noticed it. I really don't feel any different. So far so good!

October 3, 2013 4:56 AM
Review by MilitaryMotherOf3 (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I've never had acne until I was 27, I thought it was from giving birth but even 6 months later I was still breaking out. I started Trinessa and took it for 4 years and never had a pimple unless I stopped taking it. I'm now on a birth control implant and was taking Trinessa at the same because I was breaking out again. However I had to stop taking the Trinessa due to mood swings on two birth controls. I am going to have to take out my implant and get back on Trinessa, I get deep painful pimples that last weeks.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
September 21, 2013 2:31 PM
Review by ladybug23: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I am 23 with two little girls, got on the pill to have a nice sex life without the fear of becoming pregnant. It's been three months and my boyfriend says I have become real moody. I eat all day everyday if I was not on the pill, I would think I was pregnant. I started out 125lbs and so far I'm still 125 pounds. My skin is glowing and the best news of all I'm not pregnant again but at times I get really sad and depressed. This is something I never experienced in life so I'm dealing with it for now.

September 7, 2013 9:46 PM
Review by nadiaaa: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I'm 15 and I've been on Trinessa for about a month. I have NO side effects. I'm on the pill for acne and I'll tell you it does get worse then better. I had the worst breakouts when I first started it and I wanted too get off the pill but I was going be patient. Now my skin is improving. I recommended this for you. Try it.

August 27, 2013 2:17 PM
Review by CCFL95: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this medication for about 3 months and so far have had no negative side effects (with the exception of some fatigue)! My acne is clearing up, it's an effective contraceptive, and, to my surprise, I've actually lost weight. Also, my periods are well regulated and much shorter. I switched from the Depo-Provera shot and have been so happy on this pill since.

August 16, 2013 11:32 AM
Review by Phi Kim (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa for a month and so far everything has been great! I have no mood swings and don't get hungry like crazy. I'm eating the same like I normally do. I have not had any bad side effects, only thing is that my breasts have been so sore ever since I started taking it. But other than that, it is working well for me. And it is also clearing up my face! Before I started taking it, I read reviews and freaked out but I gave it a try and it worked wonderful for my body.

August 14, 2013 11:17 AM
Review by xbabyteena (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on Tri-Nessa for almost 6 months. It did its job on birth control. My acne was almost gone with this medication, and less hormonal during my time of the month. Worked great for me. No abnormal bleeding with this one. The bad effect that happened to me: During the 6 month period, I had gained 25 pounds. I went from 110 to 135lbs. I wasn't like a twig, I was fit. But then after this, I got tired and just ate all the time. I also would get really nauseous from the first 2 weeks. Works well, but the side effects were bad. Everybody is different, but this is what happened to me.

August 5, 2013 5:03 PM
Review by Liz999: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: After years of treatments for acne and my only option before mass treatment (Accutane), I tried TriNessa... it was the best thing that ever happened to me. Even if it took three months to notice improvement and first became worse than better, was worth it, 100%. It took almost 6 months to be almost clear. Be patient. Is worth it.

July 24, 2013 12:32 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I am 18 years old and my dermatologist prescribed Trinessa for acne, I have taken it for 3 months. I have experienced pretty much every side effect on the list. I feel nauseous for every day on the first week of the pack and on most other days too! I have only gained a few pounds because of the extreme increase in appetite, but I've lost the weight since. My breasts have grown a whole cup size even though I was already a D. And my breasts are always sore to the touch. I have occasional mood swings that make me very sad at times. On the bright side, my acne has gotten significantly better and my hair is shiny and grows really fast! Also my insurance completely covers it, it is literally $0! That's a plus as well!

July 21, 2013 1:35 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've really liked my time on Trinessa. It's done everything my doctor told me it would do. My periods went from 5 days to 4, and I no longer get the debilitating cramps and body aches I used to have for three days every month. You can keep weight gain under control if you exercise when you're taking it since a lot of it is water weight. Might I also say it has done it's job as a contraceptive as well, so I'm quite happy with it.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 19, 2013 8:56 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for 2 months now and I seem to be nauseated all the time! I've noticed that I'm getting mild acne and experience minor fatigue. Thinking about switching.

July 17, 2013 11:58 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This pill has been better than the last 2 brands I tried. I was on Tri-Sprintec for about a year, which I don't know why I put up with it that long. I wanted to throw up all the time! Second I was on Tri-Previfem which is also supposed to be the same pill, that one was even worse. It left a terrible taste in my mouth and made me gain weight, had even worse nausea and worst of all I acted like a monster! I was so irritated with everything. My doctor decided to have me try TriNessa, which all three of these pills are same as Ortho Tri-Cyclen. This time though, it actually worked. I feel back to myself again. I have been on it about a year. I have had a little weight gain and sometimes slight headaches. But overall I like it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 15, 2013 9:44 PM
Review by Nefera: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I've been on the pill for 2 1/2 weeks and I haven't had any bad experiences like I had with the Levora. Trinessa cleared up my skin a lot, my skin is glowing with radiance and nature beauty. I'm grateful to be on Trinessa.

July 11, 2013 8:08 PM