User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 11 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 245 reviews 6.6

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "Ever since I got on Trinessa, horrible experience by far! I'm nauseated all the time even with a meal, even changed times to see if that would help. Nothing worked. and I have anxiety, that went up so much ever since I've being taking Trinessa. I don't feel motivated to do anything. I just don't feel myself. I'm officially tossing this out I have 6 more pills left not worth it!!!"

Merrily1234 April 26, 2016

For Birth Control "My insurance changed my prescription from OTC Lo to TriNessa. TriNessa is effective in the sense that it has prevented unwanted pregnancy, however, for the last four months I have been on this medication, I have been feeling bloated and nauseous every single day. For the first two months, I would take pregnancy tests because I thought I was pregnant. I have changed the time I take this medicine from early morning to taking it at night before bed; I make sure I don't take it on an empty stomach. Nothing I have done seem to alleviate this problem. This has not help the situation in the bed room. I have this medication change to OTC Lo and just paid the high copayments monthly."

Nauseous All the Time (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on TriNessa for a year and a half now. It's prevented pregnancy, made my boobs bigger, and made my periods more regular and lighter. However, I have been severely depressed and anxious. I never realized it that it was because of TriNessa due to the fact that I've been dealing with anxiety and depression for 7 years now. However, ever since I started I have been so anxious that, at one point, I was border-line anorexic from being nauseous with no appetite, I've had severe sleep disorders that have stemmed from the anxiety and depression, and I've had serious thoughts of suicide on multiple occasions. DO NOT take TriNessa if you have a history of anxiety or depression!!!"

Kat Michele April 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I have never really been able to take birth control because it makes me unbearably moody and depressed. Trinessa seems to be doing the same thing. I have been taking this pill for about a week now and I don't feel like I want to do anything and I seem to be unusually frustrated with everyone and everything. I'm not sure if this will get better or if it will continue to make me feel this way. Judging from the other comments on this pill, people have been having the same problem."

Anonymous April 22, 2016

For Birth Control "I decided to try this birth control to regulate my menstrual. I'm finishing up the first pack now and I will not continue. I knew it was these pills making me feel depressed. I noticed it when I was on my 2nd week of pills. I was crying and feeling down and everything for no real reason, & over petty stuff. The first thing I thought of was the pills. So decided to research it and see that I'm not the only one. I just got over depression and definitely don't want to go back down that road. I'll rather deal with my menstrual over this feeling."

Torya (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I began taking this medicine primarily to not get pregnant and a little for the acne part. I have not gotten pregnant and it really didn't do much for my skin. You definitely need to have food in your system when you take it, I figured that out the hard way. My only complaint on this is I have TERRIBLE mood swings with this medicine and it has worsened my already present anxiety and depression. I thought it was just me but other women I know taking this have said the same thing. Going to talk to my doctor about switiching during my next appointment because the moods are unbearable & affecting my relationships."

Mdyz April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switched to Trinessa by my new insurance and was told it was just a different generic for OTC lo which i had been on for about 3 years. Prior to the switch i was recovering from anxiety and depression triggered by grad school. After switching i spiraled down and it took more than 6 months for me to put 2 and 2 together. The last 4 months i was barely working 3-7 hr/week. I was suicidal. I was crawling out of my skin with anxiety. I was also getting treated by a psychiatrist and seeing a therapist weekly. I was doing everything i was supposed to and it kept getting worse. 1 week off trinessa and I finally turned the corner. Still having bad days but it is much more bearable. Im now slowly starting to get my life back."

S. in DE April 13, 2016

For Birth Control "My experience with Trinessa was terrible. I was prescribed this mainly as a birth control method. The first month want bad I hardly noticed anything. Then the second month rolled around and I started experiencing severe bloating. I figured it would subside give or take a week but it persisted for the entire month and the month after. I felt extremely uncomfortable due to the bloating constantly and nausea began to settle in as well. I was at a concert and had to sit down because the nausea was so bad. I also gained 10 pounds that I am working my ass off to lose and its nearly been impossible to lose the weight. Everyone is different I understand so what didn't work for me may work perfectly fine for someone else. Got off this pill."

Susan P. (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been trying to find a birth control that works with my body. Trinessa is not it. Ever since I've been taking it I've noticed I have less energy, I'm incredibly irritable, and I've gained weight even though I've been working out and watching my food intake. Beyond frustrating. Then there's also the nausea. I have three pills left and I chucked it into the garbage. It helps with acne, and to not get pregnant. It gets a 2"

Dolores853278844 April 9, 2016

For Acne "I wrote a review on January 22nd saying that I'll give this pill three more months. Well I didn't even last a full month. I was getting HUGE cystic acne everywhere but my cheeks. It hurt so bad it made me cry. After getting off the pill, which was no problem except a heavy mood swing, I've felt happier. I guess I was feeling depressed on the pill and didn't even recognize it because my life was very stressful at the time of starting it. My acne has gone away except for a few small pimples before my period. I will never go back to this pill. I am not currently on birth control but plan to be back on within the next year."

Anonymouspns (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "well, I personally do not recommend this pill. I have been SO sick since I began taking it about a month & a half ago. I was doing some research today & think I might be having a bad reaction to it. Not only have I developed acne, I've been having palpitations, racing hart beat, depression, severe anxiety, chest pain & heaviness and to top it off UNBEARABLE migraines every.single.day! I feel like rubbish every single day and I do believe this medicine is the reason. Bummer."

justme23242526 March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking trinessa for about 8 months now, and I am satisfied. No pimples, my period is lighter, I also use to get the worst cramps and nausea and now no cramps, or anything. I haven't experienced weight gain, my boobs do feel a little bigger though. But so far no complains"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "This is hands down (for me) the best birth control I have ever been on. I have been on Ortho Cyclen for years and my current insurance doesn't cover it soooo my Dr switch me to TriNessa. I was literally terrified to take a different pill. With TriNessa I have had no cramps, no menstrual headaches and insanely LIGHT flow. I also feel better. This bc has honestly been the best pill for me."

SeaYouL8R (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

For Birth Control "Oh my god I wish they could take this off the market! I'm 3 weeks in on Trinessa after being on Trisprintec for 5 years (ran out of refills and was put on Trinessa before Doctor could get me in) I have expirenced terrible anxiety and thoughts of depression. I have never felt this way in my life.... Im so happy but it is astonishing one moment I start to feel down and sad... FOR NO REASON. Also my acne has gotten worse. 1 more week and I'm back to Trisprintec, thank god !!!!!!"

Presleyt March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for a few months now. I've had a positive experience, period is on time, acne is going away, no spotting, no weight gain. Slight nausea at the start of taking this pill but went away quickly. Also prevents pregnancy! I would recommend this for a no to little cost generic of Ortho Tri Cyclen."

BH1025 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 21, 2016

For Birth Control "Been on trinessa for 6 months because my insurance won't give me ortho tricyclen. I used to just go to the health dept and get ortho for free, I was on that 15 years and didn't have a single issue. Trinessa makes me bloated, irritable, depressed, sore swollen breasts, I cry a lot and I've gained 20 lbs!!!! No babies is the only plus."

MissBowPeep (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I took Trinessa for 6 months before I realized it was my birth control that was making me severely ill every day. From about August-February I was overcome by nausea and vomiting. I ended up in and out of the hospital numerous times and ultimately lost 60 pounds from vomiting. Trinessa is effective in preventing pregnancy, but not worth the side effects."

nelsoj11 March 19, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on trinessa for about 8 months now. It has done a great job at preventing pregnancy and it also has cleared up my face a lot! People have even noticed and told me how much better my skin looks. I do feel like the pill does make me more emotional and more moody. I use to never get cramps and now I get them on the first day of my period. Also, my boobs have not gotten any bigger :/ Overall I think the pill does its job and I'm happy about that!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 16, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started Trinessa but so far it's been good I used to have really bad nausea before and during my period really bad cramps and my period was 7 days long and extra heavy. I started Trinessa the day I started my period and there was a change right from the start. The moodiness I encountered during my period was gone, my period was lighter, my cramps albeit the first day they were there they were significantly weaker. The only down side to this is before I started I had clear skin didn't get pimples or zits nothing but after I started this I got a couple pimples. Also after I take this pill it leaves an after taste in my mouth and it makes me a tad bit lightheaded right after taking it and I have to drink some juice."

Kayla Q March 15, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this medication primarily for birth control and acne treatment. My experience while on this medication has been fair. It has done a good job preventing pregnancy so far. It didn't really do anything to improve my acne and I still get the hormonal acne along the jaw line. I also feel extra tired, brain fogged, and very moody at times. I also felt more anxious depressed after beginning it and even had to start taking anti depressants because of it. The only reason I'm still taking it is because the side effects are somewhat manageable and it has prevented pregnancy so far."

Rach1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2016

For Birth Control "Overall it does what I need it do. Prevents pregnancy!! Although the mood swings I get from this birth control has pretty much ruined my relationship. I constantly get headaches, anxiety, nervousness, nausea, emotional as heck and did I mention the mood swings!!? That's the worst thing about it..one day I'm happy as can be the next I'd rather I'm a mess on a half . I was on the IUD for 5 years and I never had these side effects. Although when it came time to come out of grew into me and that was a mess..then I turn to these pills for the past year its been horrible except that I haven't had an unwanted pregnancy. Your damned if you do and damned if you don't!! I have one more month to go. Suggestions??"

Laarchul16 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2016

For Birth Control "First pack on trinessa and I can honestly say that I'm gonna see if I can switch back to Ortho Tri Cyclen. My period usually lasts 4-5 days but since I've started it has lasted 7. I have been so emotional and it has been affecting my relationships with close ones. I have never felt like this and I believe that it is because of this pill. Also, I read that a lady experienced a lumpy feeling in her throat. I felt the same feeling a couple of days ago!! Definitely contacting my physician ASAP! I understand that everyone is different but ladies do your research before taking this pill!"

Kemkem March 11, 2016

For Birth Control "I have no problem with Tei-Nessa- I'm sexually active with my boyfriend and I'm not wanting a child so it's done its job so far! I began bc in 2010 and first started taking Tri-Specta (cepta? It was in 2010, I forget lol) and, wow. I had dramatic mood swings it was incredible- I spoke to my dr to which she recommend the trinessa and I've been on it since. I've never been super acne prob but I occasionally get breaks but just a zit or two, nothing bad and usually right before or right after period. No huge cravings. I've actually lost 24lbs since 2010 so I can't say it's made me gain weight (a lot of other factors prob play a roll with this as well.) BC is BC so no one "likes" it, but I'd give it 9/10"

Jen11841 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 3, 2016

For Birth Control "1st pack down- I love it!! Clear skin, prevents pregnancy. I did get extremely large beasts and they were very tender, but if it made them larger I don't mind the tenderness."

Becca-VetTech February 29, 2016

For Acne "I'm currently on my first pack of this new BC (took the last light blue pill and gonna start the dark blue ones tomorrow.) As of now my face is exploding with painful acne all over. I almost want to stop treatment right now. I know some ratings say to wait until month 3-6 to actually see any results. I haven't really noticed any major issues expect nausea in the beginning with TriNessa. ~sigh~ I'll continue treatment. Has to get worse before it can get better right? Does anyone have any suggestions for an acne routine to help with this painful explosion?"

Explosion February 27, 2016