User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 29 reviews 513 medications

6.9
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 160 reviews 7.1

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "I am about to start my 4th month of TriNessa and to be honest my skin is nowhere near what I thought it would be. I can definitely say my skin has gotten a lot better. I suffered from very bad consistent cystic acne on my cheeks. Since taking this, it has subsided. However, I don't feel like I necessarily have less acne. I still get a couple cystic pimples and break out pretty badly the week before my period and during. I also have bad scars which I have been treating with peels. Although I have seen a huge improvement in my skin, I still do not feel comfortable without makeup. I was hoping by the end of 3 months I would have almost completely clear skin. I have had acne since about 12/13 and I am now 22. Any suggestions? Help please!!!"

Annie Beth May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on Ortho Tri-cyclen for a year then I was forced to switch to Trinessa because insurance didn't cover it. I have been on it 5 months and it has been the same as Ortho. I have had weight gain, which I love. Breast tenderness isn't as bad but they swell three weeks into a pack. Nausea every first week of pack. Cramping sucks. But I get my period every fourth day of placebo. Literally Thursday morning I start and I LOVE it. My periods are decently light. Overall, favorite pill."

Angelenia May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 20 and this is my first birth control. I got it to control my acne and to prevent pregnancy. The very first day I took it I felt horribly nauseous but thankfully it went away and hasn't come back since. My complaint is the cramping! I basically cramp everyday or every other day. The pain is on the outside "lady bit" region too. So far this is the only side effect for me. My sex drive is the same, still waiting for acne control, and I haven't experienced increased discharge. I'm on my first month and only have been on it for two weeks. So hopefully the cramps stop and my acne calms down."

JustHere2Help May 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa for 2 months now and it is my first go at a birth control pill. Overall, I'm fairly happy. The first month was a mess, but now, by the second month, things are MUCH more regular. You really have to give this pill a chance to adapt and jive with your system. My acne is improving, after taking a terrible hit during the first month. I still experience occasional cystic bumps, but they are much better than before I began Trinessa. Trust me, the first month is almost hopeless. But, by the second month things are really looking up! Don't be afraid to try it because of some of the negative reviews, you've got to find out what works with your body!"

Penelope1990 May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I took trinessa for 3 month and it was driving me crazy. This was my first time ever taking birth control and my experience was awful! My mood swings was very bad, I had slight depression, emotional problems, I just got married and I didn't want my husband to touch me, and vaginal discharge all the time is was grossing me out! No weight gain and my period was on point! But I will never ever go back to this again!"

Vanessa190 April 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I recently went on Trinessa after being off of birth control for several years. I explained to my doctor that when I took BC pills in the past I always had taken the low dose OrthTricyclen. He prescribed me the normal dose of Trinesaa anyways. Needless to say, I will never take these pills again. I was given a 90 day supply, and the first few days of taking it I was constantly nauseous. Then after about a month I noticed a five pound weight gain (I am a soldier in the US military so I work out five days a week and nothing else could have caused this) which, by the time the prescription had ran out had ballooned up to almost fifteen pounds! After roughly a month I started having horrible mood swings. Never again will I feed myself hormones."

AngelaRGA April 25, 2015

"I've been using Trinessa for almost a month now & it was going good until about a few days ago. I woke up with an inflamed face. I've had small bumps on my forehead that had been going away but now I have an even bigger problem. My face looks broken out all over. I've read the reviews & they say give it sometime to work & adjust but I don't know if my self-confidence can handle it but I'll see what happens in the next few weeks with it. Wish me luck!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I had to give this medication a 10 because, ultimately, it is extremely effective in the prevention of pregnancy. I started taking this pill when I was 17 and I'm now 21. As a teenager, it was great. No acne and predictable periods. But I gained a LOT of weight (I was usually 109-115 and now I'm 135-140), mostly in my thighs and lower abdomen that would not go away. I also completely lost my libido. It was devastating. I have terrible mood swings and am usually completely incapacitated every first day of my period. I also started to have quite a bit of spotting for the last year and a half. I'm always nauseous, dizzy, tired, achy, and depressed. It also increased my migraines and made them much worse. I do not recommend this."

Gonzaaa March 29, 2015

For Acne "Getting on birth control was my last resort in trying to get rid of my terrible cystic, hormonal acne. The kind that looked even worse under makeup. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. I even took special woman's vitamins called vitex which made me have a full body itch for two straight weeks even after I quit using it. Since I knew that my acne was hormonal because of it's location and the irregularity of my periods, I broke down and went to the gynecologist (even though I was terrified). It turned out that I had high levels of testosterone. Even after 2 months, I saw results. After 4 months, I can happily say that I only get 1 or 2 pimples a month as opposed to the usual 10 or more! Now I just have to deal with the post-acne red marks.:("

ValVal1115 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2015

For Acne "If you have lost all hope over your acne, give TriNessa a patient try! I have always had moderate acne, but for the past half year my face broke out tremendously. I would constantly fret and cry about the painful and ugly cystic acne on my cheeks and when my gynecologist proscribed birth control for my hormonal acne, TriNessa was a godsend. It took time like many others mention, but as I am finishing my third month the acne I had several months back is now a nightmare along with scars to remind me. Along with taking this birth control my dermatologist prescribed a topical cream called Epiduo which helped in the process as I waited for my hormones to balance with the medication. THANK YOU TRINESSA!!!!!"

AnastasiaO March 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I've ever took and I just started it at the beginning of the month. I don't know if its supposed to get better but I've been so emotional and I've been gaining weight, about 10 pounds in less than a month and I work out and eat healthy I feel bloated and I want to stop taking this. Would not recommend. My acne hasn't even cleared its gotten worse"

Anonymous March 11, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this pill for 4.5 years. Started right before freshman year and I gained 20 lbs within a couple months which left HORRIBLE stretch marks. I lost that after a year and got back to original weight. Good for birth control but i have to switch due to spotting after period and periods becoming heavier... it's just not strong enough for me anymore. Would recommend but unfortunately I just need something else. It also really helped my acne. Switching to the shot now."

brittney123456 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 2, 2015

For Birth Control "This was the first birth control I was on. I was on it for 2 years. I didn't have any extremely terrible side effects and the birth control did what it's intended to do, PREVENT BABIES. I did experience increased discharge, extreme lack of sex drive, and extreme fatigue. It didn't make me nauseous or vomit. I recently switched to the Nexplanon and will never go back to the pill!"

Lydia92 March 2, 2015

For Acne "I have had acne since I was about 12 and now I am 22. I have tried everything under the sun to try and stop the horrid look. When my white heads turned into cyst like pimples I knew I had to completely do something else. I never took birth control before, but my dermatologist prescribed me TriNessa and I bless her heart everyday!!!! I love that I can be 100% honest and say this birth control changed my life. I started it in the beginning of December 2014 and it is now February of 2015 and my cysts are completely gone! It obviously is not going to happen over night, so take the time and try it! I also didn't gain weight from it, that's always a plus. So, drink water, workout, and take TriNessa and you will be a happy, happy girl!!!!!!!!"

macy57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on trinessa for 4.5 years, originally went on it to control my acne, which it did for the most part, but definitely not 100%, despite having a strict face cleansing routine. It didn't start to clear my skin for at least 2 months, at that time I also increased about two cup sizes which was nice. I had slight moodswings in the first 3 months but I think thats to be expected when going on the pill. Haven't had moodswings since the first 3 months. Im going off of it now because in the past week I have noticed I'm breaking out a lot and i think I've been on this too long for it to keep controlling my acne."

Anonymous February 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this for 3, almost 4 years now. It's works wonderful. My acne cleared right up after about 6 months, my period became regular, I stopped getting cramps (I get like a stomach ache now) and I had no negative side effects what so ever. I get 3 months at a time and pay nothing!"

Jessi9660 February 10, 2015

For Birth Control "So I started trinessa when I was about 15 due to irregular periods. It worked VERY well for me - a bit rocky at first, but after about 3 months, my periods were regular (I was having them twice a month) and my skin was much clearer. No cramps with little bloating. I got off of the pill due to my doctor being a bit forgetful of refills, and I didn't see a huge change until the every-two-week period came back. I am now back on it and am so thankful for it!!! 10/10 would recommend"

Ashes345 February 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on Trinessa for 5 months and experienced moodyness and depression for the first month of taking it, second and third month I've gotten vaginitus, nausea was always present and in the fourth and 5th month a horrible face rash with hives .-. I'm switching and going on Nexplanon and hoping that that works more to my liking xP not worth the face rash though and having to wear foundation annoying, but hey I didn't get pregnant xD"

moonrocky January 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this for 3 months now. Cons: I have always worked out 5-6 days a week and still have gained about 8-10lbs since starting this pill. Has caused bloating, loss of sex drive, and quite often nausea. Pros: Skin looks a little better, periods are regulated, and cramps are exceedingly less. But to be honest many of those weren't really much of an issue before, the only one was the cramps and that I just had to make sure to have some Advil or something on hand. So... in the end not a huge fan of this."

VisualEffects (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2015

For Birth Control "Face cleared. Gained 5 pounds. No vomiting for me or irregular mood swings. Also my periods are very very precise. Only bad thing is the super decreased limbo. Just don't care for it anymore it seems"

sarah679 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I had my daughter 2.5 years ago and put off getting back on birth control for a YEAR AND A HALF after she was born because I know the horrors that can come from it. I went to the Dr. for my yearly visit and she suggested I try TriNessa and I've been pretty happy with it. The first few months I had extreme nausea (almost to the point of throwing up - but never did), headaches and slight weight gain(3-4lbs). However, I am happy with it because my skin is basically flawless whereas before I had occasional bad breakouts. I bloat a lot the week before my period but that would happen to me before anyway."

Mid-Twenties Mom January 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I switched to TriNessa after being on a lower estrogen pill for three months. The previous pill caused some irregularity in my periods. TriNessa did regulate my period. But the improvements in my acne on the other pill unraveled a bit. I get acne just like I did before ever going on birth control. Sex drive has decreased slightly but nothing detrimental. No weight gain but I do have one terrible evening of nausea once a month during the week before the placebo pills."

EERRDD December 31, 2014

For Birth Control "My Gyno prescribed me Trinessa since I had been having irregular periods for a while, the pills had no side effects with me & it cleared up my acne pretty well. 10/10 recommend."

* (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2014

For Acne "I am 19 years old and have suffered from moderate to severe acne since I was 13. I had tried everything. And when I say everything%u2026I mean EVERYTHING. Long story short I have finally found something that works for me. Just wanting to share: I have been seeing positive results after taking a women's multivitamin and a vitamin A. As well as getting prescribed a Tretinoin .05 gel. You can do the research but just wanted to also tell people about those. Good luck! I hope you have to same great results I have!"

Katieb22 December 5, 2014

For Acne "I have taken Trinessa for about 8 months and during maybe the first 2 I felt some nausea, but it quickly cleared my acne up and also helped with my heavy, painful menstrul cycle. I also noticed that I have a smaller appetite now and I have lost 15 pounds during the summer but I'm not complaining."

Mariah26 October 19, 2014