User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 177 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 132 reviews 7.0

Reviews for TriNessa

Review by Lynn129:

For Birth Control: The pill started great until everytime I take it I want to vomit all the time. Practically, had the experience of a pregnant woman. I gained weight, was expected and had terrible headaches don't go away for hours. Impossible to sleep without wanting to vomit. I've been having emotional problems feeling depressed and crying without reason.

August 14, 2014 3:42 AM

Review by Not Worth The Pain:

For Birth Control: I've only been on for a month and a half, but my body has DRASTICALLY changed. The abdominal pain is unbearable, I've missed work multiple times because I'm unable to leave the bathroom. The bloating has been out of control, and besides my normal acid reflux disease, the extra heartburn has me constantly sick - no matter what I eat. The first 1.5 weeks of the pill pack are the worst, I cant eat or sleep, and the migraines are awful. Moody, lack of desire to do anything, which is NOT like me. The only benefit is a bit of a weaker period, but the side-effects are unbearable.

August 11, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Annon678:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Trinessa for about 2 and a half months. The first week upon taking it, I had severe abdominal pain and headaches. I was hungry all the time but, due to the warning that I would have increased cravings, I controlled it rather well. It seemed to get better throughout the month, my face was clearing up, I had energy again, but I still got minor to severe pains on a regular basis. My period came after three days of being on the inactive pills and lasted 4 days. My cramps improved drastically and I was still hormonal, just less. I started back on the pills again and the first day I experienced extreme nausea and vomited. The nausea has continued to follow me for the past weeks, now I am looking into the Nuvaring.

August 6, 2014 9:47 AM

Review by nicole_anddime (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Before having my daughter I was on Desogen for 5 yrs, with an amazing experience. It took me two yrs to get pregnant after stopping. Requested the same after baby with little difference. Had to switch 3 months ago for insurance reasons and have been miserable since. I am way more moody (weepy/short fuse), I've gained 5-7 lbs. Terrible bloating the week before my period as well as nausea/vomiting and bad cramps a few days before. Worst symptom: complete destruction of my sex drive. Like... I could really care less. I also started a week early this time for some reason. I am switching back next month and paying the $32 dollars a month until my doctor decides he believes me when I say that one child is enough for me.

August 5, 2014 3:34 AM

Review by Relle (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I'm almost finished my first pack of Trinessa and the side effects that I've experienced are LOTS of bloating and also vaginal discharge. I've gotten use to the bloating, but the vaginal discharge is annoying and frustrating because I kept thinking it was a yeast infection or something like that and everything I've taken to try to get rid of it has not worked and it was driving me crazy, but after reading some of the reviews for Trinessa, I realized it must be one of the side effects of the pill because it started when I started taking it. The first week I started the pack, I had a lack of appetite, but I've been eating regularly since then. I haven't experienced any weight gain. Overall Trinessa seems to be a decent birth control

August 4, 2014 3:47 PM

Review by Roxy S:

For Acne: This is my 4th month on Trinessa. My doctor put me on it to help with my heavy and irregular periods as well as my acne. The first 2 months didn't seem to have any effect on me other than make me break out. In fact, this first period I had on this medicine seemed longer (around 7 days) and more painful than ever before. I even experienced a bit of sickness around the first week. But I kept taking it, and it has finally started clearing up my acne and the last period I had was only 4 days with minimal cramping. This birth control is pretty effective for me, and it's finally doing it's job. The point is: give it time to work.

July 29, 2014 3:15 AM

Review by Alysssia:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Trinessa for 3 weeks now. I have a little stomach pain sometimes but I guess I can deal with it and it is clearing my face which was something I notice today while looking in the mirror, I was glowing, loved it but I've been bloated and I really don't like looking pregnant when I'm not...but I do hope I'll gain weight just not in my stomach.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 4:12 AM

Review by chemical_kid (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for almost 6 months now and I haven't seen many issues with it. When I first started I was a bit moody, but now that side effect seems to have gone away. Also I've had somewhat irregular periods while on the pill. I've had no headaches, weight gain, my skin has cleared up a lot since starting it. I'd definitely recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by cRobiee25 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Tri-Nessa for about a year. But I have had one pretty serious side effect, vaginal discharge. I honestly did not think about it being a side effect when it started. I went to my doctor and they treated it as a yeast infection but nothing helped. My doctor told me I was just one of the few women that had regular discharge. Now that I have been off of Tri-Nessa for only a month, the discharge has stopped. I am now going to try and change medications.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 12:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I started taking the pill for my irregular cycle and it has worked but I've noticed I started having headaches, bloating and terrible mood swings. In addition, I've become somewhat lazy and gained a tad bit of weight. I'm about to be on my next set of pills starting tomorrow so I hope it gets better.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 10:34 AM

Review by lamaslinda (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been taking this birth control for over a year and its probably the best one so far. Its cleared my skin so much, I haven't gained any weight at all, and most importantly the periods are shorter. The bloating is horrible, the cramps don't usually last for more than 1 day. Like every other birth control it has cons, the mood swings and the bloating are pretty much the only ones I've experienced. I would recommend this to a friend.

June 22, 2014 5:36 AM

Review by Amri Kristen:

I have been taking TriNessa for about a year and a half now and I have now decided to quit taking it. I can admit that it is excellent in keeping one from becoming pregnant. But I think that the negatives overpower the positives. For one, it changed my personality. I have become very mean and over tempered. Also my sex drive has plummeted and I don't even want to be touched. My boyfriend and I used to have almost daily spontaneous sex and it was both physical and emotional. Now we have sex like once a week, and we both agree that afterwards we felt like it was too much of a task.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 13, 2014 4:44 PM

Review by NotPregnantButEhNotHappy:

For Birth Control: I haven't taken any birth control at all for almost two years since having my baby and I was prescribed Trinessa 3 months ago by my midwife. Periods are short and it has cleared up my skin so much which is awesome, however the bloating is terrible. I have always been a thin person and have never had any weight issues but my stomach is so fat and bloated it looks like I'm 2-3 months pregnant. Decreased libido is the other negative side effect that I am experiencing as well.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 29, 2014 4:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I have only been on this medication for 3 weeks. Already I am an emotional mess. I'm exhausted all the time. Not to mention me and my husband were having sex almost everyday. My first week on it I didn't even want him to touch me. He said I seem detached. We tried I cant even get turned on. No sex drive what so ever. For the sake of my relationship and my sanity I have decided to stop taking it...

April 27, 2014 10:52 AM

Review by eccles227 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I've been in Trinessa for about 3 months now. I had SEVERE inflammatory and prior to getting on Trinessa. I've always had moderate acne but after my small pox vaccination (required by the military to deploy to the middle East) My doctor prescribed this pill solely for my acne. It took about a month and a half of using it to really notice a difference but man when it kicked in it kicked in. I get maybe 2-4 pimples a week now vs 20 new ones. And the ones I do get are not nearly as big or as inflamed. Even when I'm in my period I get far less than I used to. This was a miracle for me!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2014 6:42 PM

Review by Anonymous :-):

For Acne: I have only been on this pill for one cycle, but it seems as if my acne is worse. I was put on Trinessa solely for my acne and now I'm considering stopping. I have read reviews and the vast majority of those reviews mention a huge flare-up in their acne, just as I have, which makes me think that this isn't unusual. I really want to stick with it, but I'm not sure my self-confidence can handle it.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2014 10:18 AM

Review by Fullofsmiles:

For Acne: I've been on this birth control for six months and I love it. I had acne all over my back and very few on my face. Within the first month my face cleared up and some on my back. Im now going on my seventh month and my whole back is clear. Ladies with acne definitely need to try this and Give it time to work

March 21, 2014 2:12 AM

Review by Sonothappy:

For Birth Control: Over 2 months...I've gained 10lbs, awful mood swings, headaches (which I never used to get) and fatigue. I switched to this to help with my spotting but I feel like I'd take the spotting over this any day! Not happy.

March 6, 2014 11:23 PM

Review by E.Wiser.694:

For Birth Control: Never had a problem. Not intended weight gain, and periods seemed to turn out normal and right on time every month.

February 8, 2014 12:48 AM

Review by Lovethisstuff:

For Birth Control: I've been taking this birth control for a year now and I absolutely love it. Since I started taking I've seen no physical change in my health. It cleared up my skin great!

January 3, 2014 1:03 AM

Review by Angie11:

For Birth Control: I was on Depo for six yrs and recently switched. So far I love this birth control. My skin is so clear and glowing. I have short periods but mild headaches and mood swings. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone because of the minimal side effects. I love that my weight is under control.

December 28, 2013 4:39 PM

Review by nadiaaaa:

For Acne: I love this birth control. I've been on the pill for about 6 months and I still have NO Side effects, well I do eat alot. I'm now 159 lbs but that's okay. I got on this pill for birth control but mainly for acne, and it works so great. It gets worse before it gets better, I recommend this pill for everybody. Try it.

December 13, 2013 12:26 PM

Review by Butterflygirl08 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: So I've been on Tri-Nessa for almost 2 months,and each time i start a new pack i get bad stomach pains and then on week 2 everything is back to normal. Since I've been on it i vomited twice and anytime i eat something my stomach feels empty, even though i ate a lot. My periods have been coming on time and my face is clearing. My only problem is the bad stomach pains.

November 3, 2013 2:11 AM

Review by Di Casti:

For Ovarian Cysts: This is my first time ever in my life being on birth control pills. My 1st week on these things my flow was heavier than I have ever seen it in years. I have always had my period regularly, but it would switch up once in a blue. My Gyno insisted that I get on them due to my PCOS. I am also unable to get pregnant and was also told it might help. So whenever I am ready to have children to get off the BC. I'm still not sure of how this works to get pregnant. I've just always been afraid to take BCPs only because I've seen and heard of the damages that have done to some women. Well I hope this plays out well. Will keep you all posted

November 3, 2013 12:03 AM

Review by Lizzie E.:

For Birth Control: I've been on TriNessa for about two years and I love it. My skin is clear, my periods are usually only 4 days long with no severe cramps, and I haven't had any noticeable side effects like mood swings or weight gain. In fact I've lost almost thirty pounds in recent months through diet and exercise, so losing weight hasn't been an issue either. I've tried so many kinds of bc (the shot, the ring, other pills) and so far this one is my favorite.

October 26, 2013 8:44 PM