User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Endometriosis 0 reviews 161 medications

6.7
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 174 reviews 7.4

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "My dermatologist put me on this to regulate my acne and I am currently on my third cycle using Trinessa. I had been on birth control for the same reason almost 2 years ago but I had a 15 lb weight gain in under 4 months which is crazy since I'm a runner. She told me these pills would not make me gain weight yet I've gone up around 7 lbs and noticed that my boobs have grown a lot. The only other side effect I have noticed is dizziness and headaches. But as for its effectiveness: my period is very regular and light and my face has completely cleared, I still get a few breakouts right before my period but it's usually not bad at all."

Runnerchick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2015

For Birth Control "One of the very first side effects of this drug was spotting which I was ok with, but during the very first two months I experiences horrible cramping, way worse than the cramping of my usual period, I literally felt like my uterus was going to explode...it hurt that bad. Along with that also came the side effects of a burning vagina - very uncomfortable and worse it lasted a while, to the point where I didn't want to have sex. Also for 2 weeks I was very depressed. This drug caused me to be extra sensitive to everything. Along with that on the 4th month of taking this I started to get hives all over my forehead. They were terribly itchy and nothing made them go away, even after I stopped taking it, it took months for it to go away :("

moonrocky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa for 3 months now. I am 14 years old and am taking it for consistency in my period, acne, and consistent flow. I was very excited to start it because I didn't have a doubt in my mind that it wouldnt work the way I wanted it to. The first month I was on my period for 24 days. In the short time I've been on it i have gained 15 POUNDS!!!! I used to weigh 100-108 pounds now I weigh 120! Makes me wanna cry. I haven't changed my diet, and I have always exercised daily and remain very active. My acne has not improved, these to things are very devastating to my confidence. It has left me somewhat depressed and moody. I don't think I would recommend this however every person is different and it may work differently for the"

Aleaha721 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

For Acne "I got it prescribed when I was 16 for my very hormonal acne (effective birth control was a nice bonus too though.) after about 2.5 months my blotchy mess had become crystal-clear-as-ice skin. I was for 4 years, mostly very clear. Then I thought the problem was probably "fixed" and I went off it when I was 20. I Thought it was giving me headaches too. Quitting was was a nightmare. I had a 17 day period, Then It evened out to every 2 weeks. I started to break out like a volcanic range. I gained weight. I let this go on for 3 years thinking it would stop. I finally decided I'd get back on it a month ago. My skin is so bad on the sides I wear 60s headscarves to hide it, but it's clearing up in other ways. So far no headaches. Just nausea."

Elaine23 (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 25, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on the pill for over two weeks this is my first time on birth control and I'm taking it mainly to help regulate my periods so I get one every month and also to help with cramping and heavy flow. So far all I've gotten is cramps, dizziness, light headedness, acne, spotting that started off light and now is coming off a lot heavier, weight gain, huge appetite, problems sleeping, and is majorly affecting my mental health."

Roni98 July 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 22, not sexually active and taking the pill as a form of prevention against ovarian and uteran cancers. I've been on this pill for almost two full cycles. Before the pill, I rarely if ever had acne and prided myself on a clear complexion. Now, my face is a war zone, I have awful acne and acne scaring. It has been emotionally devastating and my confidence has dwindled. Everyone in my life has noticed the drastic change. I feel embarrassed. My dermatologist said it may take 3 or 4 months for my system to regulate. Overall, I haven't had any other side effects, apart from weight gain."

Not sure If I should switch July 6, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've been on this pill for 2 years and the only negative side effects are my boobs grew a cup size (Many women would love this!) and my hair was dry and would break off for the first few months. Also the first two months my periods were SO heavy, but I decided to give it a little time and I'm glad I did! The positives are great. Very little cramping compared to the cramps I had before I got on BC...thank God!!! Also, periods are only 4 days and I know exactly what day I will start each month. No weight gain which I am happy about. Tried a different pill a few years ago and blew up like a balloon! Overall, this is a great choice!"

SR2015 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 18, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My daughter was taking Generess for two years loved it but then insurance doesnt cover it and the whopping $142 monthly to continue just couldnt afford. So we tried Trinessa and only in the first month but my daughter has had such severe bleeding the entire time she has been on this pill also has had some blood clots. I know it takes a little time to get in your system and work effectively but not sure if she will continue on this or not. But has helped awesomely with her acne."

Jenmeg June 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on trinessa for 5 years. Age 17 to 21. My doctor prescribed it for hormonal acne I had. I also use it for birth control and it has worked perfectly. The first two months I had mood swings, which is to be expected when putting hormones into yourself. I went up two cupsizes. I didn't notice it clearing my acne for about 2 or 3 months but it's worth the wait. I do still get cramps but nothing a motion can't fix. My acne is still present occasionally, but that is definitely due to genetics. The pill makes my periods extremely regular and accurate, which is great. I get them the fourth Wednesday of every month always around 10-11am. I would recommend."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I absolutely hate this birth control. Not only do I get the heaviest periods I've ever gotten in my life (I have to change my super plus tampons every couple of hours the first couple days), it sometimes comes a week early. Also, weight gain, some acne (which I never experienced my whole life) and terrible PMS. Only reason I'm giving it some "stars" is because I didn't get pregnant."

Grey23 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 8, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill was low cost and extremely helpful for my poor complexion. However, I've gained weight, had daily headaches, and I've felt extremely dizzy after taking it for 4 months. There were benefits, but they did not outweigh the side effects for me."

Texas1253 May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I began taking Tri- Nessa to clear up my skin. I have never had perfectly clear skin, but before and during my period my skin ( including back and shoulders) would break out horribly. After only a week of the pill, I noticed my skin was very clear. I have never had such amazing skin! During my period I still get a few zits, but not bad enough to wear makeup. My period never starts until the 5th placebo,and has always been short, but I no longer cramp! My mood is stable, and I have gone up a cup size. I am stopping the pill due to a 10 pound, in three month, weight gain. I'm a runner, and have always been able to maintain my weight. I intake 2000 calories, burn a 2400/day and went from 120 to 131 in 3 months."

Swberger (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I am 18 now I was on the lowest dose of trinessa for 8 months to regulate my period. I get terrible migraines due to irregular period and they get so bad I end up at the ER so my Doctor put me back on trinessa. I loved it. It gives me my period every month around the same couple days after a few months of starting the pill, my acne was all cleared, and I had 2 migraines In 8 months and no daily headaches like usual. The only cons are that I gained about 5 pounds which isn't so bad all birth control does this but I am also tiny for my age (105 pounds) and I was also a bit moody. But those side affects are a lot better than migraines which are not even bearable. I recommend this birth control. Also my insurance covers the price every month."

Anonymous May 24, 2015

For Acne "I've been on TriNessa for 3 months now. This birth control has taken away my menstrual cramps which is a plus but it has made my acne the worst it's even been in my life and I've never had such low self esteem. Personally would not recommend it, but it works differently for everyone."

morg2 May 24, 2015

For Acne "I am about to start my 4th month of TriNessa and to be honest my skin is nowhere near what I thought it would be. I can definitely say my skin has gotten a lot better. I suffered from very bad consistent cystic acne on my cheeks. Since taking this, it has subsided. However, I don't feel like I necessarily have less acne. I still get a couple cystic pimples and break out pretty badly the week before my period and during. I also have bad scars which I have been treating with peels. Although I have seen a huge improvement in my skin, I still do not feel comfortable without makeup. I was hoping by the end of 3 months I would have almost completely clear skin. I have had acne since about 12/13 and I am now 22. Any suggestions? Help please!!!"

Annie Beth May 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I was put on Ortho Tri-cyclen for a year then I was forced to switch to Trinessa because insurance didn't cover it. I have been on it 5 months and it has been the same as Ortho. I have had weight gain, which I love. Breast tenderness isn't as bad but they swell three weeks into a pack. Nausea every first week of pack. Cramping sucks. But I get my period every fourth day of placebo. Literally Thursday morning I start and I LOVE it. My periods are decently light. Overall, favorite pill."

Angelenia May 11, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm 20 and this is my first birth control. I got it to control my acne and to prevent pregnancy. The very first day I took it I felt horribly nauseous but thankfully it went away and hasn't come back since. My complaint is the cramping! I basically cramp everyday or every other day. The pain is on the outside "lady bit" region too. So far this is the only side effect for me. My sex drive is the same, still waiting for acne control, and I haven't experienced increased discharge. I'm on my first month and only have been on it for two weeks. So hopefully the cramps stop and my acne calms down."

JustHere2Help May 8, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa for 2 months now and it is my first go at a birth control pill. Overall, I'm fairly happy. The first month was a mess, but now, by the second month, things are MUCH more regular. You really have to give this pill a chance to adapt and jive with your system. My acne is improving, after taking a terrible hit during the first month. I still experience occasional cystic bumps, but they are much better than before I began Trinessa. Trust me, the first month is almost hopeless. But, by the second month things are really looking up! Don't be afraid to try it because of some of the negative reviews, you've got to find out what works with your body!"

Penelope1990 May 5, 2015

For Birth Control "I took trinessa for 3 month and it was driving me crazy. This was my first time ever taking birth control and my experience was awful! My mood swings was very bad, I had slight depression, emotional problems, I just got married and I didn't want my husband to touch me, and vaginal discharge all the time is was grossing me out! No weight gain and my period was on point! But I will never ever go back to this again!"

Vanessa190 April 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I recently went on Trinessa after being off of birth control for several years. I explained to my doctor that when I took BC pills in the past I always had taken the low dose OrthTricyclen. He prescribed me the normal dose of Trinesaa anyways. Needless to say, I will never take these pills again. I was given a 90 day supply, and the first few days of taking it I was constantly nauseous. Then after about a month I noticed a five pound weight gain (I am a soldier in the US military so I work out five days a week and nothing else could have caused this) which, by the time the prescription had ran out had ballooned up to almost fifteen pounds! After roughly a month I started having horrible mood swings. Never again will I feed myself hormones."

AngelaRGA April 25, 2015

"I've been using Trinessa for almost a month now & it was going good until about a few days ago. I woke up with an inflamed face. I've had small bumps on my forehead that had been going away but now I have an even bigger problem. My face looks broken out all over. I've read the reviews & they say give it sometime to work & adjust but I don't know if my self-confidence can handle it but I'll see what happens in the next few weeks with it. Wish me luck!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "I had to give this medication a 10 because, ultimately, it is extremely effective in the prevention of pregnancy. I started taking this pill when I was 17 and I'm now 21. As a teenager, it was great. No acne and predictable periods. But I gained a LOT of weight (I was usually 109-115 and now I'm 135-140), mostly in my thighs and lower abdomen that would not go away. I also completely lost my libido. It was devastating. I have terrible mood swings and am usually completely incapacitated every first day of my period. I also started to have quite a bit of spotting for the last year and a half. I'm always nauseous, dizzy, tired, achy, and depressed. It also increased my migraines and made them much worse. I do not recommend this."

Gonzaaa March 29, 2015

For Acne "Getting on birth control was my last resort in trying to get rid of my terrible cystic, hormonal acne. The kind that looked even worse under makeup. I tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it. I even took special woman's vitamins called vitex which made me have a full body itch for two straight weeks even after I quit using it. Since I knew that my acne was hormonal because of it's location and the irregularity of my periods, I broke down and went to the gynecologist (even though I was terrified). It turned out that I had high levels of testosterone. Even after 2 months, I saw results. After 4 months, I can happily say that I only get 1 or 2 pimples a month as opposed to the usual 10 or more! Now I just have to deal with the post-acne red marks.:("

ValVal1115 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2015

For Acne "If you have lost all hope over your acne, give TriNessa a patient try! I have always had moderate acne, but for the past half year my face broke out tremendously. I would constantly fret and cry about the painful and ugly cystic acne on my cheeks and when my gynecologist proscribed birth control for my hormonal acne, TriNessa was a godsend. It took time like many others mention, but as I am finishing my third month the acne I had several months back is now a nightmare along with scars to remind me. Along with taking this birth control my dermatologist prescribed a topical cream called Epiduo which helped in the process as I waited for my hormones to balance with the medication. THANK YOU TRINESSA!!!!!"

AnastasiaO March 23, 2015

For Birth Control "This is the only birth control I've ever took and I just started it at the beginning of the month. I don't know if its supposed to get better but I've been so emotional and I've been gaining weight, about 10 pounds in less than a month and I work out and eat healthy I feel bloated and I want to stop taking this. Would not recommend. My acne hasn't even cleared its gotten worse"

Anonymous March 11, 2015