User Reviews for Provera

Learn more about Provera.

Amenorrhea 25 reviews 25 medications

5.7
Endometriosis 1 reviews 160 medications

Summary of Provera reviews 56 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Provera

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Well my period stopped for two months. And then came back on in nov of last year and has been ever since with heavy flowing. My doctor prescribe provera for 10 days and after I was finish it came back on and much more. So I'm trying provera the second time and hope for the best."

Babypfat (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I'm 42 years old. I'm diagnosed with hypothyroidism. I've been stuggling with this for 20 years, right after I had my son. I was recently diagnosed with PCOS. I went to the doctor because I had constant bleeding, spotting, cramps, etc. The Gyn made some tests and I got polyps on my upper side of the uterus. I went for a surgery, and got them out. To reduce the bleeding, the Dr prescribed Provera. Took the pill as told, got my period after 7 day. First days were fine, but the last 5 of them were heavy, with clots...It was horrible, but it helped me to stop the abnormal bleeding. Before the treatment, I was very depressed, just by not been able to leave the house without a pad,was stressful. Now, I can have my life back!"

Living Hope (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 27, 2016

For Amenorrhea "I am 20 years old and have had an irregular period my whole life. It was recently discovered that I have PCOS. I was placed on provera for five days to essentially kick start my period. Well it worked. Two days after taking the last pill I had a normal period start. Now the last three days have been extremely heavy flow with strong cramping and some nausea."

Moranda January 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I went almost 3 months without a period. I should've known I was in for trouble but I just let it slide until the day I started my period. I bled for 5 weeks non stop. It was very heavy with lots of large clots. I went to the ER eventually and the Dr prescribed me provera 10 mg for 10 days. It was awesome for 10 days almost no bleeding just spotting here and there. I came off of provera and 2 days later I'm bleeding 10 times worse and a lot more clots then I was before taking the drug. Somethings got to give I just want to be able to be normal again!"

I just want to be normal again (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was bleeding large clots nonstop for 3 months. I kept going to the ER and they did nothing. The last time I went my RBC count was so low I had to have 2 blood transfusions along with surgery. I was given Provera to take. I have been taking it now for 5 days and the blood is completely gone. I am just worried it will come back when the pills are gone."

Danielle b December 11, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Provera has been a wonder drug for me. I have been taking it for about 4 years now. I have no more periods. They were so bad after I had my son 15 years ago. I couldn't function. This drug has been great for me. I will continue to take it as long as I can."

No more periods November 30, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 31 & was diagnosed at 30 with PCOS & until recently I haven't had many issues with it my periods were always irregular so when I got them it would be painful well. On 09/08/15 I lost a pregnancy at 10 1/2 weeks I have been seeing the same Ob since I was 16 she had finally had enough knowing I badly wanted a baby. Well since this loss to date 11/12/15 I have had a total of 12 days with no bleeding so pretty much 3 months severe heavy bleeding with clots I went from having perfect iron levels to them being so low I'm on the verge of a blood transfusion. This week I've my on upped my iron from 325 to 650mg a day and I am taking 10mg of Provera every 8 hours this is day two and I'm happy to say I'm already seeing results I hope it stays this "

nikki2816 (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "So my doctor prescribed me provera 10mg for 10 days & it completely stopped the bleeding thank god. 7 days later i got my peeiod with the worse cramps ever and i was bleeding really heavy with lots of bloods clots. It was so uncomfortable"

Confused15 October 30, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I'm 35 and came off the pill 9 months ago after taking it for 16 years. Haven't had a period for at least a year, even when on the pill. I'm at the 3rd round of Provera, I took it 2 times for 10 days, and got no period after the 10 days. No negative side effects, just dry mouth. It's almost like I wasn't taking anything. One positive thing though: it seems to have cleared the skin rashes and fungus I started having a few months after coming off the pill. Didn't bring my periods back, but solved my skin issues!"

Klorophyl September 30, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Iam still bleeding after two weeks of taking provera pill for 15 days. Very stressful and depressing. I have fibriod tumors. Hysterectomy is not an option for me. I know there are medications that we."

Miss frustrated (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I hate this medicine. Took for 10 days and did get my period the last day. 1st day was light but since than its been cramps that I can barely move & heavy heavy bleeding. On day 6 and in the last 24 hrs, I've leaked 3xs. Once was in an hr period from the last leak. It causes your period but be warned, it can be horrible. Was told to expect heavy but this is rediculous right now. On top of everything I'm 27 & having hot flashes from side effects, massive headaches while taking the meds, and pms which I never have."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "This stops the bleeding. I have been bleeding heavy for 4 weeks. This worked and i actually feel better! ? Happier and more energetic!"

Loveybuns September 19, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have PCOS and have done for nearly 20 yrs Periods lucky if I had one a year then started to have irregular bleeds Was sent for biopsy and scan results showed complex focal hyperplasia Gyn but me on provera 3 daily I am now entering my 5 th week of really heavy bleeding and large cots along me depressed tired and ruling my life Was talk of hysterectomy but I'm petrified of such a major op any help will be gladly appreciated"

Jlg x74x August 29, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First time I took Provera it worked great for 3-4 years and made me regular. I had gone to the ER for heavy bleeding and clotting. 2nd time I went to the ER was earlier this year (2015) for same reason. Provera slowed it down, passed clots and then I spotted here and there. Just recently, mid July, I started having heavy bleeding again and the docs couldn't give me answers as to why but put me on Provera again. Didn't do anything this time. It slowed it down on Day1-Day3 on it and then after and especially when I finished Provera I was bleeding very heavily. The doc said that's to be expected and have to wait it out, and just wait for my ultrasound. I'm so sick of all this bleeding and even more so not getting any answers/treatment."

Tanm_07 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I'm 41 and was prescribed provera because on August 23 of this month will be 3 months I haven't had my period! I have been reading about it like crazy! My test results came back normal! Can someone tell me that after the 10th day on the pill I will get my period! I have severe headaches and bloating!"

Michellevirgo August 7, 2015

For Amenorrhea "Hi! I'm 18 years old and ever since I've had my first period, it's been irregular. I've even been up to 6 months without it. It's my first time with provera. I got my period two days after 10 days of taking the pill. The only side effects that I have had are that I've sort of had hair loss and frequent headaches. Other than that, I've always had PMS."

Annavi August 6, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was bleeding heavily for a month with extremely large blood clots that made it difficult and stressful to even leave the house. It was seriously affecting my quality of life and emotional well being. My Dr. prescribed Provera 10mg twice a day for ten days. After the second dose, the blood clots had completely disappeared. By the third dose, no bleeding at all. This medicine was like a miracle for me. I am happy to have my life back. I noticed I am having a headache, but it's not that bad. I'll take a headache any day over the suffering I endured with that excessive bleeding/clotting."

Relieved in California (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

For Endometriosis "I took Provera pills daily to stop my periods to kill the monthly pain. I chose pills over the shot so I could have control of deciding when/if I wanted to stop. I took the pills for 6 months. The first month I had lots of breakthrough bleeding - basically I was slowly bleeding for a few weeks. After that I had no period, no spotting, no cramps - that part was FANTASTIC! However, for me the side effects were severe and unlivable. I had insomnia (waking in the night) every night. I had night sweats every night. I gained a little weight. I had extreme vaginal dryness/painful intercourse which was a first ever for me. My sex drive was non-existent and my acne and facial hair (PCOS) got much worse."

darlastarbuck July 16, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been bleeding profusely (clots, steady bleeding) for a year and a half - yes 18 months!! I have seen 2 different OB-GYNs. I am 46 and have fibroid tumors and ovarian cysts. Both doctors have used the "try this and see" approach and I have been given Provera, Depo Shots, and Beyaz birth control. None of these have stopped the bleeding. After taking the Beyaz last December, my blood sugar level rose to 450 and it took a month to get it back to normal. Of course, now I am considered a diabetic and have to take Metformin every day despite the fact that I was not diabetic or prediabetic before then. It is ridiculous that these doctors will not consider a permanent treatment option!"

AngelK69 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 31 yrs old. Since the birth of my first child, I've had very heavy, painful periods. Often irregular as in a couple times a month. But I have been bleeding for almost 5 months now. Three months ago, I was put on Provera 10 mg once a day. It lightened my bleeding after a few days, then I had brown discharge for a few days. But I started bleeding again even while taking the Provera. I first had a 10 day supply, then a 30 day supply, another 2 weeks, and now 2 more. But it has changed nothing. I'm bleeding and cramping nonstop and still have no answers. No fibroids, polyps, or cysts."

1931 Twinkle May 13, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I have always had amenorrhea (irregular periods) my whole life. Recently at 21, I discovered that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) by testing that was done. I am starting to take Metformin to help it. I have to have Provera prescribed every 3 months, for prevention of endometrial cancer. I have depression and PMDD, which is a severe form of PMS, so the only downside is that it makes me extremely depressed for when I do have my period. But it always makes me have my period by the third, fourth, or recently fifth day. It does what it is supposed to do though, and that is good."

etherealmoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2015

For Amenorrhea "Hello everyone! I just wanted to give a recent review in provera. Before I started provera tablets my issue was I didn't have a period for 4 months and I didn't understand why. My doctor tested my hormones and everything came back normal. I was so frustrated and confused because I didn't understand why my period had stopped. My boyfriend and I are trying for our third child, so not having a period was a big problem. Finally my doctor prescribed me provera. 1 pill for 10 days. After 3 days post taking the pill my period finally come yayyyyy!!! I was so nervous because reading the reviews had me feeling like the provera wasn't going to work. So I would recommend this medicine for anybody that have irregular periods or if your periods stop."

Bebe1986 (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I hadn't had a period in 3 months. My doctor prescribed me Provera 10 mg once a day for 10 days. She stated if I get my period in those 10 days to stop taking the pill at that time. Today was day 7 and my period came. I had no side effects from this medication. I had normal cramps at the onset of my period this morning. It seems to be a normal beginning flow as with any other time I had my period. I will report back to let everyone know how long it lasted."

ctengineer March 21, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 23 years old and bled heavily for 7 weeks. Due to my religious beliefs I will not accept blood under any and all circumstances so I tried provera at an attempt to stop the bleeding. On the 1st pill I went from bleeding heavily to just brown spotting and after 4 days my bleeding completely stopped. I was on 10mg for 10 days. I just completed my last pill today and feel better than ever! Just happy that I'm not bleeding anymore and I can be a mom to my 8 month old daughter."

sabrinad91 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took provera for 7 days for abnormal uterine bleeding it only made the bleeding worse with more clots and gave me the worse headaches ever"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2014

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 Next