User Reviews for Provera

Learn more about Provera.

Amenorrhea 17 reviews 27 medications

Birth Control 1 reviews 225 medications

5.7
Endometriosis 0 reviews 175 medications

Endometrial Cancer 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Provera reviews 32 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Provera

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I took provera for 7 days for abnormal uterine bleeding it only made the bleeding worse with more clots and gave me the worse headaches ever

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by Trying to Conceive:

For Amenorrhea: Didn't have a period for 1.5 years - was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and hypothyroidism. As hubby and I have been trying to conceive, not having any periods has been difficult to judge any ovulation. Was put on Provera to induce a period before doctor prescribes any ovulation mediciness. Took Provera for 10 days, didn't have any side effects. But after I stopped, I felt nauseous, breasts were very sensitive, was over emotional/very irritable, and a bit dizzy at times. Had light spotting on day 3 and 4 after stopping Provera, then period starting on day 5. Day 5 and 6 were light-medium, but then afterwards was extremely heavy for 2-3 days with really bad cramping.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2014 9:49 PM

Review by Lcook42 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Amenorrhea: I've taken this medicine in the past and it worked well. I am now taking it a second time but it is causing panic attacks I am not sure what is different this time. But as long as I have a period I will be happy.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 9, 2014 5:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was bleeding for 7 weeks lightly and then all of a sudden it came and I was passing large clots and a lot of blood. My doctor put me on Provera 10mg twice a day. I had a horrible headache and felt tired but my period did stop which is great.

May 7, 2014 10:06 PM

Review by MizzTaylor88 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: My experience with Provera has been a very painful situation. I am 26 and was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome at the age of 22. I never had regular periods since the age of 15. I was always on some form of birth control to regulate. I was taking the Depo-Povera shot (depo shot) for about 6 months before I decided to get off due to the excessive weight gain. The Nurse Practitioner weaned me off of the shot and decided to give me the Micronor birth control pills which did not help as well. I have been on my cycle for 2.5. months. I can ot afford insurance,the only thing I could do was to go to the emergency room. I seen the ER dr there where she gave me the Provera 10mg four times a day. My bleeding has gotten heavier.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2014 6:00 PM

Review by Kat923:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Works right like it said it would but heavy bleeding.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 1, 2014 9:33 AM

Review by mscici:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was taking Provera for 5 days after my fifth day my period came on a week later and has been on for a week I wanted to know how long would it last. Before I had this my cycle stayed on for 3 months none stop.

August 26, 2013 4:04 PM

Review by lexia27:

For Amenorrhea: I am 27 yrs old and I've been trying to get pregnant since February 2012. My last menstrual period was March 23, 2012 and I never had period after that. I've been going to my Obgyn for the past 4 months and finally she prescribed me Provera for 10 days once a day pill. And i decided to use ovulation predictor kit 10 days before I took my 1st pill last June 13.2012. On my 3rd day of taking my pill my ovulation predictor went positive it gave me a smiley face. On my 4th day of Provera I experienced a very weird dreams, hot flashes, PMS, backache, a little dizzy. I had my last pill June 22, Friday and this is my 3 day off of it. I'm hoping that I could get my period soon so that way I can start taking Clomid.

June 25, 2012 6:29 AM

For Amenorrhea: Took two pills a day for ten days, and started my cycle three days after the last pill. Felt nauseous the first day of taking the pill, but it did what it was supposed to do so no real complaints. Not sure if my cycle will regulate in the future, though.

June 13, 2012 2:28 PM

Review by DaisyRae (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Amenorrhea: My doctor is giving me this to try and get my period under control. I'm 23 and since I was 16 my periods have been very irregular. I have a period once every 5 or 6 months. This is my second time taking this medicine. The first time was in December 2011 (6 months ago) and I started my period on the 10th day. I bled for 5 days, it started out light then became EXTREMELY heavy, I was going through 6 or 7 tampons a day. After that, I had one more period that lasted only one day and was very light. So the doctor told me to try this again. Today is day 9 and have been extremely nauseous since about day 4. No period yet, but there is some excess discharge.

June 9, 2012 9:43 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Renal Cell Carcinoma: I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian syndrome after thinking I was pregnant, because I hadn't had a cycle in 4 months. My ob ran tests and found I had a hormonal disorder PCOS and to force a period prescribed me Provera once a month for 10 days. It made me have all the regular PMS symptoms, but I also have experienced prolonged, heavy flow.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 30, 2012 4:51 PM

Review by Sha-Sha:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I am 22 and I had my period for 5 weeks straight so I went to the doctor and they told me I lost so much blood I had to get a blood transfusion then they put me on Provera 10mg 3 x a day for 2 months. At first it stopped the bleeding for a month but then the Provera stopped working so my Dr. switched me on birth control and that doesn't work either. I've been bleeding for a month now. I don't know what to do.

December 31, 2011 6:41 AM

Review by Jennka:

For Amenorrhea: I gave it a 7 out of 10 because 1)I didn't experience any side effects.. so that is great and 2)I haven't gotten my period YET. I took Provera for 5 days and this is my 2nd day off of it. I feel something going on in there, so I have a feeling Aunt Flo will be visiting soon.. then I get to take my Clomid.

October 19, 2011 12:05 AM

For Amenorrhea: Did not work for me. Secondary amenorrhea - no period for 16 months. Age 16.

August 3, 2011 2:25 PM

Review by German Barbie:

For Amenorrhea: I am 22 years old and I took Provera for 10 days twice a day starting March 7th. 10 mg. It worked for me. About 5 days after I ended the Provera , (3.22.11), my period showed up. I am trying to conceive with my fiance but first I need my period under control. I hope this all works out. So far so good.

March 23, 2011 6:36 PM

Review by sparr0w:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was having severe bleeding with large clots which lasted for 3 weeks. Finally saw the Doctor and he gave me 10mg for 10 days. This is day 9. I stopped bleeding 2 days ago. I love this medicine, really. I'm hungry more often, but that's okay. Unsure what will happen when I stop taking it.

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 5, 2011 11:30 PM

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I started taking Provera January 7th because I had 3 different periods in the month of December, regular (change every 2-3 hrs), to light (barely noticed it (changed every 4-5 hrs), to extremely heavy with huge clots (literally changed everytime I stood up because there would be a gush of blood). I was told to take it for about 2 weeks and that I would have a period afterwards. I stopped bleeding but I got my period a couple of days before the 2 weeks were up. The side effects I've had are nausea (seriously sick to my stomach, the mere thought of food almost made me regurgitate), and my body was extremely sore and it made me tired. I still have pills and honestly not sure if I should still be taking it but I guess the pills work.

January 23, 2011 2:18 PM

Review by waglpn:

For Amenorrhea: I am 41 yrs old. This is my first time taking Provera. I had been bleeding very heavily for 2 months when my doctor prescribed this medication. I have been on it for one week thus far and just stopped bleeding. The doctor was right. The two side effects I have noticed is tiredness and very dry mouth. If these are the only side effects I experience, it's worth it.

October 21, 2010 11:04 AM

For Amenorrhea: The drug works for what it is supposed to do but I had all kinds of side effects. I had hot flashes, mood swings, headaches, and some dizziness. I am taking Provera along with Clomid in hopes to have a baby. This is my second round and it seems worse than the first one.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 7, 2010 5:33 PM

Review by mialee:

For Birth Control: Love it! It eliminated my periods for 3 months and I clocked in regularly every 3 months, something that never happened in my life. I would have stayed on it if it wasn't that I needed a pill with estrogens. I had no side effect at all.

July 29, 2010 2:27 PM

For Amenorrhea: I am now taking Provera for the 3rd time . It works but I have had some extra hair growth on my stomach but I am willing to deal with that because I have been trying to conceive for 8 years. After I get my period under control I will start taking Clomid. My husband and I are praying this time it will work.

April 10, 2010 9:56 AM

For Amenorrhea: Today is my third day on Provera (generic). I have never taken this medication before so we will see what happens. So far, I haven't had any other side effects besides a little bit of dizziness, it also gets me very tired. I hope this medication works for me like it has for others, I was prescribed Provera to try to restore my periods. I have never been regular but not so irregular either if that makes sense... basically I get a period every month (except last month) but I'm never sure when! I conceived my first baby naturally (5 yrs ago) without any medications and now I can't seem to get pregnant naturally again.

March 25, 2010 12:58 AM

For Amenorrhea: I am 24 years old and on my 8th day of taking the pill. I cannot wait until it is over. I was ordered to take the pill because I want to see why I wasn't having a period which was abnormal for me. I haven't had a period in four months though I was always regular. The doctor said there was no harm in me not having a period and that is was probably caused by the birth control shot I had three years before but I should take the pills just to see what happens. The pills seem to have made my PMS worse. That includes menstrual cramps, cravings, fatigue, and moodiness. They were more horrible when I first started the pill and have calmed down a little now but the symptoms are still there.

January 29, 2010 10:47 AM

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Worked just like the Dr. said. I had been bleeding for 5 months without stopping. Took Provera for 2 weeks, and then started bleeding very heavily. Bled for almost 2 more weeks, and have now completely stopped bleeding. Just started taking Provera again for 2nd month. It makes me a little sleepy and dizzy, but it is well worth it to get my bleeding regulated!

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 14, 2009 5:10 PM

Review by rissriss:

For Amenorrhea: Stopped getting my period so I took this and it worked right away. It didn't bring back my monthly cycle but it brought on a cycle after the last pill.

August 28, 2009 12:32 AM