User Reviews for Provera

Learn more about Provera.

Amenorrhea 22 reviews 25 medications

8.2
Renal Cell Carcinoma 1 reviews 17 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 19 reviews 163 medications

Birth Control 1 reviews 255 medications

5.7
Endometriosis 1 reviews 161 medications

Endometrial Cancer 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis 0 reviews 17 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Provera reviews 44 reviews 5.8

Reviews for Provera

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have PCOS and have done for nearly 20 yrs Periods lucky if I had one a year then started to have irregular bleeds Was sent for biopsy and scan results showed complex focal hyperplasia Gyn but me on provera 3 daily I am now entering my 5 th week of really heavy bleeding and large cots along me depressed tired and ruling my life Was talk of hysterectomy but I'm petrified of such a major op any help will be gladly appreciated"

Jlg x74x August 29, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "First time I took Provera it worked great for 3-4 years and made me regular. I had gone to the ER for heavy bleeding and clotting. 2nd time I went to the ER was earlier this year (2015) for same reason. Provera slowed it down, passed clots and then I spotted here and there. Just recently, mid July, I started having heavy bleeding again and the docs couldn't give me answers as to why but put me on Provera again. Didn't do anything this time. It slowed it down on Day1-Day3 on it and then after and especially when I finished Provera I was bleeding very heavily. The doc said that's to be expected and have to wait it out, and just wait for my ultrasound. I'm so sick of all this bleeding and even more so not getting any answers/treatment."

Tanm_07 (taken for less than 1 month) August 9, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I'm 41 and was prescribed provera because on August 23 of this month will be 3 months I haven't had my period! I have been reading about it like crazy! My test results came back normal! Can someone tell me that after the 10th day on the pill I will get my period! I have severe headaches and bloating!"

Michellevirgo August 7, 2015

For Amenorrhea "Hi! I'm 18 years old and ever since I've had my first period, it's been irregular. I've even been up to 6 months without it. It's my first time with provera. I got my period two days after 10 days of taking the pill. The only side effects that I have had are that I've sort of had hair loss and frequent headaches. Other than that, I've always had PMS."

Annavi August 6, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was bleeding heavily for a month with extremely large blood clots that made it difficult and stressful to even leave the house. It was seriously affecting my quality of life and emotional well being. My Dr. prescribed Provera 10mg twice a day for ten days. After the second dose, the blood clots had completely disappeared. By the third dose, no bleeding at all. This medicine was like a miracle for me. I am happy to have my life back. I noticed I am having a headache, but it's not that bad. I'll take a headache any day over the suffering I endured with that excessive bleeding/clotting."

Relieved in California (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2015

For Endometriosis "I took Provera pills daily to stop my periods to kill the monthly pain. I chose pills over the shot so I could have control of deciding when/if I wanted to stop. I took the pills for 6 months. The first month I had lots of breakthrough bleeding - basically I was slowly bleeding for a few weeks. After that I had no period, no spotting, no cramps - that part was FANTASTIC! However, for me the side effects were severe and unlivable. I had insomnia (waking in the night) every night. I had night sweats every night. I gained a little weight. I had extreme vaginal dryness/painful intercourse which was a first ever for me. My sex drive was non-existent and my acne and facial hair (PCOS) got much worse."

darlastarbuck July 16, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been bleeding profusely (clots, steady bleeding) for a year and a half - yes 18 months!! I have seen 2 different OB-GYNs. I am 46 and have fibroid tumors and ovarian cysts. Both doctors have used the "try this and see" approach and I have been given Provera, Depo Shots, and Beyaz birth control. None of these have stopped the bleeding. After taking the Beyaz last December, my blood sugar level rose to 450 and it took a month to get it back to normal. Of course, now I am considered a diabetic and have to take Metformin every day despite the fact that I was not diabetic or prediabetic before then. It is ridiculous that these doctors will not consider a permanent treatment option!"

AngelK69 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 3, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 31 yrs old. Since the birth of my first child, I've had very heavy, painful periods. Often irregular as in a couple times a month. But I have been bleeding for almost 5 months now. Three months ago, I was put on Provera 10 mg once a day. It lightened my bleeding after a few days, then I had brown discharge for a few days. But I started bleeding again even while taking the Provera. I first had a 10 day supply, then a 30 day supply, another 2 weeks, and now 2 more. But it has changed nothing. I'm bleeding and cramping nonstop and still have no answers. No fibroids, polyps, or cysts."

1931 Twinkle May 13, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I have always had amenorrhea (irregular periods) my whole life. Recently at 21, I discovered that I have PCOS (Polycystic ovarian syndrome) by testing that was done. I am starting to take Metformin to help it. I have to have Provera prescribed every 3 months, for prevention of endometrial cancer. I have depression and PMDD, which is a severe form of PMS, so the only downside is that it makes me extremely depressed for when I do have my period. But it always makes me have my period by the third, fourth, or recently fifth day. It does what it is supposed to do though, and that is good."

etherealmoon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 5, 2015

For Amenorrhea "Hello everyone! I just wanted to give a recent review in provera. Before I started provera tablets my issue was I didn't have a period for 4 months and I didn't understand why. My doctor tested my hormones and everything came back normal. I was so frustrated and confused because I didn't understand why my period had stopped. My boyfriend and I are trying for our third child, so not having a period was a big problem. Finally my doctor prescribed me provera. 1 pill for 10 days. After 3 days post taking the pill my period finally come yayyyyy!!! I was so nervous because reading the reviews had me feeling like the provera wasn't going to work. So I would recommend this medicine for anybody that have irregular periods or if your periods stop."

Bebe1986 (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2015

For Amenorrhea "I hadn't had a period in 3 months. My doctor prescribed me Provera 10 mg once a day for 10 days. She stated if I get my period in those 10 days to stop taking the pill at that time. Today was day 7 and my period came. I had no side effects from this medication. I had normal cramps at the onset of my period this morning. It seems to be a normal beginning flow as with any other time I had my period. I will report back to let everyone know how long it lasted."

ctengineer March 21, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 23 years old and bled heavily for 7 weeks. Due to my religious beliefs I will not accept blood under any and all circumstances so I tried provera at an attempt to stop the bleeding. On the 1st pill I went from bleeding heavily to just brown spotting and after 4 days my bleeding completely stopped. I was on 10mg for 10 days. I just completed my last pill today and feel better than ever! Just happy that I'm not bleeding anymore and I can be a mom to my 8 month old daughter."

sabrinad91 (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I took provera for 7 days for abnormal uterine bleeding it only made the bleeding worse with more clots and gave me the worse headaches ever"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2014

89 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "Didn't have a period for 1.5 years - was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and hypothyroidism. As hubby and I have been trying to conceive, not having any periods has been difficult to judge any ovulation. Was put on Provera to induce a period before doctor prescribes any ovulation mediciness. Took Provera for 10 days, didn't have any side effects. But after I stopped, I felt nauseous, breasts were very sensitive, was over emotional/very irritable, and a bit dizzy at times. Had light spotting on day 3 and 4 after stopping Provera, then period starting on day 5. Day 5 and 6 were light-medium, but then afterwards was extremely heavy for 2-3 days with really bad cramping."

Trying to Conceive May 30, 2014

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Amenorrhea "I've taken this medicine in the past and it worked well. I am now taking it a second time but it is causing panic attacks I am not sure what is different this time. But as long as I have a period I will be happy."

Lcook42 (taken for less than 1 month) May 9, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was bleeding for 7 weeks lightly and then all of a sudden it came and I was passing large clots and a lot of blood. My doctor put me on Provera 10mg twice a day. I had a horrible headache and felt tired but my period did stop which is great. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "My experience with Provera has been a very painful situation. I am 26 and was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome at the age of 22. I never had regular periods since the age of 15. I was always on some form of birth control to regulate. I was taking the Depo-Povera shot (depo shot) for about 6 months before I decided to get off due to the excessive weight gain. The Nurse Practitioner weaned me off of the shot and decided to give me the Micronor birth control pills which did not help as well. I have been on my cycle for 2.5. months. I can ot afford insurance,the only thing I could do was to go to the emergency room. I seen the ER dr there where she gave me the Provera 10mg four times a day. My bleeding has gotten heavier."

MizzTaylor88 (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Works right like it said it would but heavy bleeding."

Kat923 April 1, 2014

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I was taking Provera for 5 days after my fifth day my period came on a week later and has been on for a week I wanted to know how long would it last. Before I had this my cycle stayed on for 3 months none stop."

mscici August 26, 2013

For Amenorrhea "I am 27 yrs old and I've been trying to get pregnant since February 2012. My last menstrual period was March 23, 2012 and I never had period after that. I've been going to my Obgyn for the past 4 months and finally she prescribed me Provera for 10 days once a day pill. And i decided to use ovulation predictor kit 10 days before I took my 1st pill last June 13.2012. On my 3rd day of taking my pill my ovulation predictor went positive it gave me a smiley face. On my 4th day of Provera I experienced a very weird dreams, hot flashes, PMS, backache, a little dizzy. I had my last pill June 22, Friday and this is my 3 day off of it. I'm hoping that I could get my period soon so that way I can start taking Clomid. "

lexia27 June 25, 2012

For Amenorrhea "Took two pills a day for ten days, and started my cycle three days after the last pill. Felt nauseous the first day of taking the pill, but it did what it was supposed to do so no real complaints. Not sure if my cycle will regulate in the future, though."

Anonymous June 13, 2012

For Amenorrhea "My doctor is giving me this to try and get my period under control. I'm 23 and since I was 16 my periods have been very irregular. I have a period once every 5 or 6 months. This is my second time taking this medicine. The first time was in December 2011 (6 months ago) and I started my period on the 10th day. I bled for 5 days, it started out light then became EXTREMELY heavy, I was going through 6 or 7 tampons a day. After that, I had one more period that lasted only one day and was very light. So the doctor told me to try this again. Today is day 9 and have been extremely nauseous since about day 4. No period yet, but there is some excess discharge."

DaisyRae (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 9, 2012

For Renal Cell Carcinoma "I was diagnosed with Polycystic ovarian syndrome after thinking I was pregnant, because I hadn't had a cycle in 4 months. My ob ran tests and found I had a hormonal disorder PCOS and to force a period prescribed me Provera once a month for 10 days. It made me have all the regular PMS symptoms, but I also have experienced prolonged, heavy flow."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2012

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I am 22 and I had my period for 5 weeks straight so I went to the doctor and they told me I lost so much blood I had to get a blood transfusion then they put me on Provera 10mg 3 x a day for 2 months. At first it stopped the bleeding for a month but then the Provera stopped working so my Dr. switched me on birth control and that doesn't work either. I've been bleeding for a month now. I don't know what to do."

Sha-Sha December 31, 2011

For Amenorrhea "I gave it a 7 out of 10 because 1)I didn't experience any side effects.. so that is great and 2)I haven't gotten my period YET. I took Provera for 5 days and this is my 2nd day off of it. I feel something going on in there, so I have a feeling Aunt Flo will be visiting soon.. then I get to take my Clomid."

Jennka October 19, 2011