Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Leuprolide

Also known as: Eligard, Lupron, Lupron Depot, Lupron Depot 11.25 mg, Lupron Depot 3.75 mg, Lupron Depot-Gyn, Lupron Depot-PED, Viadur

Learn more about Leuprolide.

Female Infertility 1 reviews 23 medications

Uterine Leiomyomata 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Leuprolide reviews 95 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Leuprolide

Review by Not As Bad As I Thought (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I am 37 and for the most part been very healthy...never pregnant and married for three years. I have had ovarian cyst, but have been controllable. Nov.9, 2014 I went to the ER and the next day I was having a mass and 6" of my colon removed due to Endometriosis. I had stage 4. My OBGYN suggested this shot. I read all the reviews and was VERY learey of starting it, but I just took my second shot. It has not been so bad. I have experienced hot flashes and weight gain. I have about 4-6 hot flashes a night, but no sweats yet. I am hungry ALL the time and it seems the more I eat, the more I want. I cant seem to get full. I have gained 10 pounds in about 6 weeks.My mood has been good though. I have had to start Osphena due to side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 9:30 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: So far not any significant changes. Still feel terrible, back pain, legs ache, upset stomach.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 28, 2014 9:57 PM

Review by LJonesL:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was diagnosed with Stage 4 endometriosis and was prescribed Lupron. After reading all of the horrible reviews and side effects I was terrified to try this. After chatting with my doctor we both agreed that this would be the most aggressive treatment as my husband and I would like to get pregnant one day. I am on month 3 of the shot and I have to say that I am pleased. The worst thing are the hot flashes. For me they are at least 10 times a day! But I will take that over the excessive cramping and pain any day. I feel minor cramps occasionally during the time I would normally have my period. I have experienced no depression, weight gain, weight loss, bleeding, joint pain etc. I am hoping after the treatments I will be able to conceive.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2014 10:41 AM

Review by Jennifl:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I received my first shot June 18 and thought I made biggest mistake of my life after reading several blogs. After a couple of weeks to my surprise, I felt good. I did have hot flashes, vaginal dryness and joint pain, but went away eventually. Had my second shot Sept 18, currently having hot flashes and joint pain

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 6, 2014 10:30 PM

Review by Endo Stage 4 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: Stage 4 endometriosis. I've been on Lupron for 3 months and will get another injection next week. I've had a few hot flashes, about 1x/day occasionally, but not everyday. I have stayed below my original weight by about 5lb. Some moodiness/occasional depression. But overall I haven't had any major problems! I was very worried about side effects before starting Lupron, but am glad I did it. I want to be healthy! I'm getting married next weekend also so have been planning a wedding at the same time. We're hoping to get pregnant next year!

September 24, 2014 12:04 AM

Review by olscout:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: Had my first Lupron shot before 45 days of radiation. Having hot flashes,muscle and joint pain but not too bad. Doing the shot every 3 months. Psa went from 11.5 to 0.1. Next shot coming up in couple weeks. Don't have a problem with the shot or after having it. I think Lupron has been helping me, but everyone has different experiencies with it. Good luck to all you prostate cancer people.

September 17, 2014 8:27 AM

Review by Annie5:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: Third shot of Lupron and suffering a lot. Joint pain and depression. But doctor does not agree it has side effects.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 6:50 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Eligard (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: I started Eligard in 2006 and it worked well until 2012. I started taking Casodex with the Eligard injections and that worked well until early 2014. I came off the Casodex at that time and continued to take the Eligard with my PSA back up to 7.1 and cancer mets to my T3, T4 spine. I had radiation to my spine and now waiting for financial assistance on new medicine.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 5, 2014 4:04 PM

Review by WWII Vet (taken for less than 1 month):

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: Had my first injection of Lupron 7.5 mg in July; second injection at the same dosage is set for August 21. So far no hot flashes or side effects. Have been taking Casodex simultaneously (30-day supply) which will end shortly. Only side effect from that initially was fatigue, which resolved after 5 days. Decided to insist on 1-month Lupron injections instead of a 3-6 month extended dose as PC support group participants on the once-a-month dose had far fewer side effects. I'm sticking to my guns on this one; MD tried to give me a 6-month dose right off the bat. I'm switching MDs and glad I did it this way. Hope this helps others.

August 7, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by Flor male:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: Hot flashes and chills. Stomach became larger and weight gain. Hot flashes are very annoying. Fainted and doctor said it probably was due to dehydration.

July 22, 2014 12:54 AM

Review by Ber Ber (taken for less than 1 month):

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: I must admit, after reading the commens I was real scared, but I told my self everyone's body reacts differently. May, 6/2014 I took my first shot so far I am feeling great. I was a bit drained before I took the shot, woke up feeling energetic.

May 7, 2014 10:27 AM

Review by walking dead....... (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: I was 50, had my prostate removed then let it go at 55. Had a PSA above 400, my weight dropped to 105lbs thought I was going to die then had 15 radaiaton treatments and started Lupron shots. PSA dropped, I came back to life now I an 63 still getting Lupron shots every 6 months sure there are some side effects but its better than being dead if you have cancer. I hope something works for you.

March 5, 2014 2:07 PM

Review by Oace56:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: Started treatment 12/2011 ended 12/2013. The PSA went down as expected for is the purpose of treatment, now waiting for side effects to end, which have been: loss of libido, hot flashes specially at night or after a meal, some sweating, loss of body hair, loss of muscle mass, joint and bone pain, tiredness, difficulty to start almost any quest, weight gain, chest/man breast augmentation. Have been taking vitamin D plus calcium, glucosamine, started an exercise program that has helped with muscle buildup, and also helps with better mood, by prescription have taken 3 applications of calcium to the vein. Have had excellent support from wife, have trust my Doctors and first of all God my father.

February 3, 2014 12:36 PM

Review by 1Sweet67 (taken for less than 1 month):

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was on Lupron for 6 months back in 09. The side effect weren't bad for me at first but I have to say the night sweats were the worst! I just hated waking up in the middle of the night, needing to shower because I was so sweaty. However, I was pain free! I had an AWESOME summer and went camping, mountain biking, traveling. My pain has slowly come back over the years and my (new) doctor just gave me my first shot of Lupron yesterday. I am hoping it works just as well as it did the first time. I want to be me again.

January 29, 2014 12:27 AM

Review by 23 year sufferer! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I'm on day 48 of treatment and had my second shot on 11/04/2013. With the first shot I bled, 2 weeks prior and another 3 weeks after. After that I haven't bled since. I'm being treated for lifelong (23 years) Endometriosis. I have been disabled since 13 years old because of it. The only symptom I have had is SEVERE NON STOP hot flashes. I will have a hysterectomy in December.

November 18, 2013 10:31 PM

Review by Mom with regrets! (taken for less than 1 month):

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: My daughter(19) was given Lupron immediately after surgery to remove endometriosis.. The doctor came to us right as she was in recovery and said she was giving her Lupron to suppress the cause. No explanation of side effects...how I regret it. She had to leave college...and the pain, weight gain, lack of concentration, etc have been traumatic for us all. It takes YEARS to get this out of your system! I regret EVERY day that I let this happen to my daughter. I should have asked the questions, but I trusted the doctor.

November 11, 2013 3:15 PM

Review by Mrs Murf (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was given the three month injection in July 2012, with no mention of the potential side effects. I have been off lupron for over one year and still have debilitating bone/joint and muscle pain. I have had significant hair loss, short term memory problems and depression. My physical disabilities mean I will probably have to give up work. It is disgraceful that this drug was given to me with no discussion around these life changing side effects. I'm worse now than before I started!!

November 3, 2013 1:09 PM

Review by barberjr:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: Feb this year I had an Ovarian cyst on my right overie rupture , it was the size of my 3yr olds head. When they operated they found I was covered with Endo... ah finally a reason for my pain for the last 2years... I have just finished my 6 month course. Endo pain fine but OMG the side affects, dealt with hourly hot flushes home and at work.. gained 10kgs (awesome) but the mood swings REOW!! my poor partner. Lucky he is amazing... No pain yet but have to wait and see whats next. Maybe Mirena.

October 30, 2013 8:54 PM

Review by Ali Berns:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I just got my first shot 10 days ago. Was bleeding 2 weeks before the shot and it has not stopped yet- pain has gotten a little more intense, and has interfered with my sleep. Skin is also more dry than usual. My fingers are crossed that this will work- have had very painful cylces since I was a kid, and I'm ready to not have call in sick to work and miss social activites due to pain. No hot flashes, mood swings, or any other side effects- maybe due to the progestin I'm on. Will probably post in another couple weeks.

October 24, 2013 11:40 AM

Review by Conmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: Have been on Lupron for about 2 years and my stage 4 prostate cancer is now in remission. My prostate cancer specialist gets all the credit and kept side effects to a minimum with the help of other meds and supplements. I recommend Lupron.

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 2, 2013 9:34 PM

Review by Emama:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: Received one shot for three full months. Nearing the end . Major side effects were the hot flashes and some weird feeling of uneasiness. I would not take it again. Hot flashes are not cool. Just had ultrasound and will be seeing doctor soon to see if shot was a success in killing cysts. The drug may work but wow all these side effects.

August 11, 2013 9:45 PM

Review by Dr. C.:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: I took this medication for 6 months due to extreme monthly bleeding caused by fibroids. I didn't have a period or spotting the entire 6 months or for 3 months after my last injection. I did not have even 1 side effect. It was a great experience. Hopefully I will have the same success with the Depo Shot!

June 20, 2013 4:26 PM

Review by FutureMomHopefully:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was diagnosed with fibroids twice, ovarian cyst 8cm big, and endometriosis. I'm going to take my third dose in two weeks and I was prescribed this medicine for six months. Pros- after the first injection no periods! 5 months without a period was right up my ally being I had been bleeding so much for so long, I needed the break. Cons- If you eat salty food or heavy carbs you feel like you are going to throw up. Hot & cold flashes, sweats, stiff joints, joint pain, headaches, sleeplessness/severe insomnia, dry skin & dry eyes. I could go on, but I'm doing this to rid myself of ongoing bleeding, pain, and infertility. It's worth it to stick it out if it really works, I don't know if it does yet, but I know I'm not bleeding.

April 17, 2013 10:44 PM

Review by 1968gto (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: I have been on Lupron for two years. I got my last shot in December. It has kept my PSA under .03. Can't wait to see if it is still that low after 3 months! You learn to live with the side effects.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 26, 2013 9:54 AM

Review by Floodgate in K.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: I was having very heavy periods due to fibroids. My Gyn gave me the shot and it was amazing! No more periods! the trade off I took was night sweats and early onset menopause, but after such heavy bleeding that I have very low blood count, anemia and vitamin D deffieciency, it was well worth it! I'm only in the last few weeks of my first shot, but I can't wait for the next one!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate