Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Leuprolide

Also known as: Eligard, Lupron, Lupron Depot, Lupron Depot 11.25 mg, Lupron Depot 3.75 mg, Lupron Depot-Gyn, Lupron Depot-PED, Viadur

Learn more about Leuprolide.

Female Infertility 1 reviews 23 medications

Uterine Leiomyomata 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Leuprolide reviews 84 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Leuprolide

Review by walking dead....... (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: I was 50, had my prostate removed then let it go at 55. Had a PSA above 400, my weight dropped to 105lbs thought I was going to die then had 15 radaiaton treatments and started Lupron shots. PSA dropped, I came back to life now I an 63 still getting Lupron shots every 6 months sure there are some side effects but its better than being dead if you have cancer. I hope something works for you.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 5, 2014 2:07 PM
Review by Oace56: User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: Started treatment 12/2011 ended 12/2013. The PSA went down as expected for is the purpose of treatment, now waiting for side effects to end, which have been: loss of libido, hot flashes specially at night or after a meal, some sweating, loss of body hair, loss of muscle mass, joint and bone pain, tiredness, difficulty to start almost any quest, weight gain, chest/man breast augmentation. Have been taking vitamin D plus calcium, glucosamine, started an exercise program that has helped with muscle buildup, and also helps with better mood, by prescription have taken 3 applications of calcium to the vein. Have had excellent support from wife, have trust my Doctors and first of all God my father.

February 3, 2014 12:36 PM
Review by 1Sweet67 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was on Lupron for 6 months back in 09. The side effect weren't bad for me at first but I have to say the night sweats were the worst! I just hated waking up in the middle of the night, needing to shower because I was so sweaty. However, I was pain free! I had an AWESOME summer and went camping, mountain biking, traveling. My pain has slowly come back over the years and my (new) doctor just gave me my first shot of Lupron yesterday. I am hoping it works just as well as it did the first time. I want to be me again.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 29, 2014 12:27 AM
Review by 23 year sufferer! (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I'm on day 48 of treatment and had my second shot on 11/04/2013. With the first shot I bled, 2 weeks prior and another 3 weeks after. After that I haven't bled since. I'm being treated for lifelong (23 years) Endometriosis. I have been disabled since 13 years old because of it. The only symptom I have had is SEVERE NON STOP hot flashes. I will have a hysterectomy in December.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 18, 2013 10:31 PM
Review by Mom with regrets! (taken for less than 1 month):

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: My daughter(19) was given Lupron immediately after surgery to remove endometriosis.. The doctor came to us right as she was in recovery and said she was giving her Lupron to suppress the cause. No explanation of side effects...how I regret it. She had to leave college...and the pain, weight gain, lack of concentration, etc have been traumatic for us all. It takes YEARS to get this out of your system! I regret EVERY day that I let this happen to my daughter. I should have asked the questions, but I trusted the doctor.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 11, 2013 3:15 PM
Review by Mrs Murf (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was given the three month injection in July 2012, with no mention of the potential side effects. I have been off lupron for over one year and still have debilitating bone/joint and muscle pain. I have had significant hair loss, short term memory problems and depression. My physical disabilities mean I will probably have to give up work. It is disgraceful that this drug was given to me with no discussion around these life changing side effects. I'm worse now than before I started!!

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 3, 2013 1:09 PM
Review by barberjr: User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: Feb this year I had an Ovarian cyst on my right overie rupture , it was the size of my 3yr olds head. When they operated they found I was covered with Endo... ah finally a reason for my pain for the last 2years... I have just finished my 6 month course. Endo pain fine but OMG the side affects, dealt with hourly hot flushes home and at work.. gained 10kgs (awesome) but the mood swings REOW!! my poor partner. Lucky he is amazing... No pain yet but have to wait and see whats next. Maybe Mirena.

October 30, 2013 8:54 PM
Review by Ali Berns: User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I just got my first shot 10 days ago. Was bleeding 2 weeks before the shot and it has not stopped yet- pain has gotten a little more intense, and has interfered with my sleep. Skin is also more dry than usual. My fingers are crossed that this will work- have had very painful cylces since I was a kid, and I'm ready to not have call in sick to work and miss social activites due to pain. No hot flashes, mood swings, or any other side effects- maybe due to the progestin I'm on. Will probably post in another couple weeks.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 24, 2013 11:40 AM
Review by Conmgr (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: Have been on Lupron for about 2 years and my stage 4 prostate cancer is now in remission. My prostate cancer specialist gets all the credit and kept side effects to a minimum with the help of other meds and supplements. I recommend Lupron.

October 2, 2013 9:34 PM
Review by Emama: User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: Received one shot for three full months. Nearing the end . Major side effects were the hot flashes and some weird feeling of uneasiness. I would not take it again. Hot flashes are not cool. Just had ultrasound and will be seeing doctor soon to see if shot was a success in killing cysts. The drug may work but wow all these side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 11, 2013 9:45 PM
Review by Dr. C.: User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: I took this medication for 6 months due to extreme monthly bleeding caused by fibroids. I didn't have a period or spotting the entire 6 months or for 3 months after my last injection. I did not have even 1 side effect. It was a great experience. Hopefully I will have the same success with the Depo Shot!

June 20, 2013 4:26 PM
Review by FutureMomHopefully: User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was diagnosed with fibroids twice, ovarian cyst 8cm big, and endometriosis. I'm going to take my third dose in two weeks and I was prescribed this medicine for six months. Pros- after the first injection no periods! 5 months without a period was right up my ally being I had been bleeding so much for so long, I needed the break. Cons- If you eat salty food or heavy carbs you feel like you are going to throw up. Hot & cold flashes, sweats, stiff joints, joint pain, headaches, sleeplessness/severe insomnia, dry skin & dry eyes. I could go on, but I'm doing this to rid myself of ongoing bleeding, pain, and infertility. It's worth it to stick it out if it really works, I don't know if it does yet, but I know I'm not bleeding.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 17, 2013 10:44 PM
Review by 1968gto (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: I have been on Lupron for two years. I got my last shot in December. It has kept my PSA under .03. Can't wait to see if it is still that low after 3 months! You learn to live with the side effects.

February 26, 2013 9:54 AM
Review by Floodgate in K.C. (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: I was having very heavy periods due to fibroids. My Gyn gave me the shot and it was amazing! No more periods! the trade off I took was night sweats and early onset menopause, but after such heavy bleeding that I have very low blood count, anemia and vitamin D deffieciency, it was well worth it! I'm only in the last few weeks of my first shot, but I can't wait for the next one!

January 9, 2013 5:15 PM
Review by blessedhighfavor (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: I got this shot about two years ago. I was told by the urologist that it was a one month shot. I had the shot becaue we wanted some time to research and decide what treatment would be best. Found out later that it was a 3 month shot! Suffered severe side effects! PSA dropped from 13 to 7, but the side effects were NOT worth it! Hot flashes with some of them causing me to nearly pass out were often (20 a day), memory problems, muscle/joint pain and on and on! Once, while teaching I suddenly didn't know where I was or what I was doing! After radiation I was recently put on Trelstar on a MONTHLY basis, nearly the same side effects but NOT the really bad ones!

December 18, 2012 10:16 AM
Review by Jazzy Mother (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lupron Depot-PED (leuprolide) for Precocious Puberty: My 8 yr old daughter had signs of CPP; breast buds, armpit odor, excessive height. After seeing the specialist and getting test the ultrasound said she developed 5 cyst on her ovaries. The hand x-ray said she had a bone age of 10. She started the monthly Lupron shot. She is now 10 and she has no cyst on her ovaries now. Yet her bone age shows 12. Her breast buds are completely gone. She never gained any excess weight. No night sweats. We plan to stop the shot right after her 11th birthday.

December 1, 2012 8:53 PM
Review by amaya2 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I started Lupron about a month ago. I started taking it after the doctor told me I had stage 1 endometriosis. About a year before I found out I had PCOS which caused me to gain a lot of weight, about 23lbs. Since I've been on Lupron I've been feeling so much better and I've LOST 7LBS!! The only thing I have been struggling with is the hot flashes. other than that I've been doing very well on the shot.

November 19, 2012 1:25 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I am only on one week into the Lupron and my pain has begun to, not ease, but not be as sharp as it was at all times. I can finally breathe and think before the next stabbing pains begin. But about two days ago I got mood swings. I seem insane, I'm fine then, I'm screaming. I'm only 17 and this is NOT what I need along with the disease. I hope it gets better for I wont have any friends at the end of the six months.

October 20, 2012 1:10 AM
Review by SandraCa (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Female Infertility: EXTREME HEADACHES!! Lupron - I started the medication 5 days ago and starting on day 3 I began getting really bad headaches and it doesn't seem to ever go away. I cannot take Advil so I'm not sure if that would help. I tried taking a nap but I wake up and it's still there. Never had this problem before so I'm certain it's the Lupron. Other than that I have no other complaints.

October 2, 2012 11:59 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: I had my first Lupron shot on August 10, 2012. I started bleeding August 21, and it is now September 29 and have been bleeding ever since. I've had a problem with anemia due to two fibroids. I had my second Lupron shot on September 10. I'm not sure I should continue this because I'm scared I won't be able to have surgery on November 2 due to anemia caused by blood loss. Overall, Lupron is not working for me.

September 29, 2012 6:52 PM
Review by Happypatient (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

leuprolide for Endometriosis: I feel a lot better. I did add back plus Lupron depot. Minimal side effects. I feel like myself again because I am not waking up every night with pelvic pain. I am very thankful for a doctor who did laproscopy to remove endometriosis. This is the only medication proven to reduce endometriosis tags and postpone its return. Exercise also is easier because I'm sleeping better.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 14, 2012 9:42 PM
Review by EJoy (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: 6 years ago I experienced severe pain caused by ovarian cyst and endometriosis. I eventually had my cyst out but after few months severe pain triggered. I was dying of pain most of the time, until such time I cannot tolerate. August 2008 I was given Lupron Depot. First month was a nightmare for me, I thought I was dying because of extreme bleeding. After that one month my body slowly progress. For three months I had a 3.75mg and after that I was having 11.25mg. I am so relieved that it made me live a normal life. I am pain free and for side effects fortunately not too the extreme. My last shot was done March and supposed to have it last June but due to unavailability of my specialist I am waiting for my next step. So far I am doing fine.

July 27, 2012 2:02 PM
Review by kf7711 (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: I was on Lupron twice for endometriosis. The first time I had hot flashes and headaches, after I got off they went away. The second time I had the same side effects, except when I got off of Lupron the headaches did not go away and turned into migraines. Now I have had migraines for 16 years since being off of Lupron. I was never plagued with headaches before Lupron. My doctor said I always had the trigger for migraines and Lupron flipped the switch on. If I knew then what I know now, I would have taken a different approach to treating my endometriosis. Having endometriosis and migraines together was worse. Now I'm in menopause and going through everything to the nth degree.

July 20, 2012 9:22 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: I had to get the 3 month Lupron Depot shot to help shrink my uterine fibroid and to help minimize the bleeding before surgery. After reading all the reviews on the shot I was very scared to get it but I am now going into my third month on the shot with minimal side effects. My doctor did recommend that I continue my birth control pills while on the shot to help add a little estrogen back into my system. I'm not sure if that's what help me with the side effects. All in all everyone's body reacts differently.

July 15, 2012 9:52 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: My cancerous prostate was removed when I was 65, 6 years ago. I receive a 22.5 mg Lupron injection about every 3 months. My PSA decreases each time from about 2 to undectable. The injection area is sore for 2-3 days after each injection. I have perhaps a dozen relatively minor hot flashes daily. I take 4 venlafaxine hcl 75 mg tablets daily to curtail hot flashes.

June 11, 2012 5:42 PM