User Reviews for Leuprolide

Also known as: Eligard, Lupron, Lupron Depot, Lupron Depot 11.25 mg, Lupron Depot 3.75 mg, Lupron Depot-Gyn, Lupron Depot-PED, Viadur

Learn more about Leuprolide.

Female Infertility 1 reviews 23 medications

Hirsutism 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uterine Leiomyomata 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Leuprolide reviews 103 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Leuprolide

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I started lupron 2 weeks ago for endometriosis. So far I've had 0 side effects. And no pain! I'm just starting so we'll see if I change my mind"

Rosie11 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I've been on Lupron since March 2015. Just had my 2nd shot. I have to tell you it's taken 100% of my nagging back pain and cramps away. I even lost 12 pounds the first shot. It started to wear out towards the end so I took the shot 2 weeks early. I had surgery May 12th to remove a huge polyp and 2 fibroid tumors - all benign. I'm having hot flashes and some headaches, some joint pain and that's about it. These symptoms are worth the trade from previous symptoms. I only hope my doctor gives me a hysterectomy soon. She feels Lupron will shrink the fibroids outside my uterus. I'm almost 50 so she says I should hold off on the hysterectomy. I want all this done with. Good luck to all of you."

Krizia May 15, 2015

Eligard (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "It works for me - long story short I'm going for my second shot on the 21st of this month"

Slugger69 May 10, 2015

Lupron Depot-PED (leuprolide) for Precocious Puberty: "My daughter is 7 will be 8 soon and was diagnosed with. Cpp I am on the fence about it have read everything but am still worried"

worried paren (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis and had a major surgery. I was only able to take four of the six shots. The side effects are TERRIBLE. I had almost all of them. I took my last shot in March 2015. It has been one month and I am now experiencing panic and anxiety attacks along with high blood pressure. I am only 37 and gained weight now weighing 155 and have a blood pressure of 142/103. I have never had high blood pressure until the third month of the shot. I have hot flashes, night sweats, chest pains that sent me to the ER, vaginal discharge, painful intercourse, vomiting of the day I got the shot. It has been an awful experience. I am praying that when it gets all out of my system, I will not see any of these side effects anymor"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Have been getting monthly Lupron 7.5 mg injections since July 2014 (just had my 8th injection). No hot flashes; some mood swings and I recently started having arm and leg cramps a few times a week. Taking Casodex 50 mg daily as well, so it's hard to know which to blame. PSA was 205 when I started these meds and is now 0.03. I believe the complete lack of hot flashes may be due to receiving the monthly vs 3 or 6-month injection dose. I hope this information helps others."

WWII Vet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Prostate removed - huge 350 cc- Gleason 7, PSA 15, radiation for 8 weeks, Lupron every 3 months for one year, every 6 months for the next year and a half. PSA has been less than 0.01 since initial radiation. Weakness, memory problems and hot flashes but no cancer. Treatment is worth the side effects. I feel very lucky. "

Rustymart (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I am 37 and for the most part been very healthy...never pregnant and married for three years. I have had ovarian cyst, but have been controllable. Nov.9, 2014 I went to the ER and the next day I was having a mass and 6" of my colon removed due to Endometriosis. I had stage 4. My OBGYN suggested this shot. I read all the reviews and was VERY learey of starting it, but I just took my second shot. It has not been so bad. I have experienced hot flashes and weight gain. I have about 4-6 hot flashes a night, but no sweats yet. I am hungry ALL the time and it seems the more I eat, the more I want. I cant seem to get full. I have gained 10 pounds in about 6 weeks.My mood has been good though. I have had to start Osphena due to side effects."

Not As Bad As I Thought (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "Awesome stuff! I went on Lupron so I could be a candidate for focused ultrasound treatment. Don't let all the negative reviews scare you! I used to look about 4 months pregnant. I am otherwise healthy, thin and exercise regularly. Had minor hot flashes; not a big deal considering the overall benefits. My mass of fibroids shrank dramatically in 3 months. Previously hard, round abdominal area shrank considerably! I couldn't believe how successful Lupron was for me, and how good I felt on it. I went off the pill (which I was on for years for constant bleeding/spotting). Didn't have memory loss, hair loss or bad moods like many other women's experiences. I took vitamins while on it to help counteract things like possible bone loss."

fibroids suck! (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "So far not any significant changes. Still feel terrible, back pain, legs ache, upset stomach. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with Stage 4 endometriosis and was prescribed Lupron. After reading all of the horrible reviews and side effects I was terrified to try this. After chatting with my doctor we both agreed that this would be the most aggressive treatment as my husband and I would like to get pregnant one day. I am on month 3 of the shot and I have to say that I am pleased. The worst thing are the hot flashes. For me they are at least 10 times a day! But I will take that over the excessive cramping and pain any day. I feel minor cramps occasionally during the time I would normally have my period. I have experienced no depression, weight gain, weight loss, bleeding, joint pain etc. I am hoping after the treatments I will be able to conceive."

LJonesL December 15, 2014

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I received my first shot June 18 and thought I made biggest mistake of my life after reading several blogs. After a couple of weeks to my surprise, I felt good. I did have hot flashes, vaginal dryness and joint pain, but went away eventually. Had my second shot Sept 18, currently having hot flashes and joint pain"

Jennifl October 6, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "Stage 4 endometriosis. I've been on Lupron for 3 months and will get another injection next week. I've had a few hot flashes, about 1x/day occasionally, but not everyday. I have stayed below my original weight by about 5lb. Some moodiness/occasional depression. But overall I haven't had any major problems! I was very worried about side effects before starting Lupron, but am glad I did it. I want to be healthy! I'm getting married next weekend also so have been planning a wedding at the same time. We're hoping to get pregnant next year!"

Endo Stage 4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2014

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Had my first Lupron shot before 45 days of radiation. Having hot flashes,muscle and joint pain but not too bad. Doing the shot every 3 months. Psa went from 11.5 to 0.1. Next shot coming up in couple weeks. Don't have a problem with the shot or after having it. I think Lupron has been helping me, but everyone has different experiencies with it. Good luck to all you prostate cancer people."

olscout September 17, 2014

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "Third shot of Lupron and suffering a lot. Joint pain and depression. But doctor does not agree it has side effects."

Annie5 September 10, 2014

Eligard (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "I started Eligard in 2006 and it worked well until 2012. I started taking Casodex with the Eligard injections and that worked well until early 2014. I came off the Casodex at that time and continued to take the Eligard with my PSA back up to 7.1 and cancer mets to my T3, T4 spine. I had radiation to my spine and now waiting for financial assistance on new medicine."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 5, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Had my first injection of Lupron 7.5 mg in July; second injection at the same dosage is set for August 21. So far no hot flashes or side effects. Have been taking Casodex simultaneously (30-day supply) which will end shortly. Only side effect from that initially was fatigue, which resolved after 5 days. Decided to insist on 1-month Lupron injections instead of a 3-6 month extended dose as PC support group participants on the once-a-month dose had far fewer side effects. I'm sticking to my guns on this one; MD tried to give me a 6-month dose right off the bat. I'm switching MDs and glad I did it this way. Hope this helps others."

WWII Vet (taken for less than 1 month) August 7, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Hot flashes and chills. Stomach became larger and weight gain. Hot flashes are very annoying. Fainted and doctor said it probably was due to dehydration."

Flor male July 22, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I must admit, after reading the commens I was real scared, but I told my self everyone's body reacts differently. May, 6/2014 I took my first shot so far I am feeling great. I was a bit drained before I took the shot, woke up feeling energetic."

Ber Ber (taken for less than 1 month) May 7, 2014

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "I was 50, had my prostate removed then let it go at 55. Had a PSA above 400, my weight dropped to 105lbs thought I was going to die then had 15 radaiaton treatments and started Lupron shots. PSA dropped, I came back to life now I an 63 still getting Lupron shots every 6 months sure there are some side effects but its better than being dead if you have cancer. I hope something works for you."

walking dead....... (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 5, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Started treatment 12/2011 ended 12/2013. The PSA went down as expected for is the purpose of treatment, now waiting for side effects to end, which have been: loss of libido, hot flashes specially at night or after a meal, some sweating, loss of body hair, loss of muscle mass, joint and bone pain, tiredness, difficulty to start almost any quest, weight gain, chest/man breast augmentation. Have been taking vitamin D plus calcium, glucosamine, started an exercise program that has helped with muscle buildup, and also helps with better mood, by prescription have taken 3 applications of calcium to the vein. Have had excellent support from wife, have trust my Doctors and first of all God my father."

Oace56 February 3, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was on Lupron for 6 months back in 09. The side effect weren't bad for me at first but I have to say the night sweats were the worst! I just hated waking up in the middle of the night, needing to shower because I was so sweaty. However, I was pain free! I had an AWESOME summer and went camping, mountain biking, traveling. My pain has slowly come back over the years and my (new) doctor just gave me my first shot of Lupron yesterday. I am hoping it works just as well as it did the first time. I want to be me again."

1Sweet67 (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I'm on day 48 of treatment and had my second shot on 11/04/2013. With the first shot I bled, 2 weeks prior and another 3 weeks after. After that I haven't bled since. I'm being treated for lifelong (23 years) Endometriosis. I have been disabled since 13 years old because of it. The only symptom I have had is SEVERE NON STOP hot flashes. I will have a hysterectomy in December."

23 year sufferer! (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2013

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "My daughter(19) was given Lupron immediately after surgery to remove endometriosis.. The doctor came to us right as she was in recovery and said she was giving her Lupron to suppress the cause. No explanation of side effects...how I regret it. She had to leave college...and the pain, weight gain, lack of concentration, etc have been traumatic for us all. It takes YEARS to get this out of your system! I regret EVERY day that I let this happen to my daughter. I should have asked the questions, but I trusted the doctor."

Mom with regrets! (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2013

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was given the three month injection in July 2012, with no mention of the potential side effects. I have been off lupron for over one year and still have debilitating bone/joint and muscle pain. I have had significant hair loss, short term memory problems and depression. My physical disabilities mean I will probably have to give up work. It is disgraceful that this drug was given to me with no discussion around these life changing side effects. I'm worse now than before I started!!"

Mrs Murf (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013