User Reviews for Leuprolide

Also known as: Eligard, Lupron, Lupron Depot, Lupron Depot 11.25 mg, Lupron Depot 3.75 mg, Lupron Depot-Gyn, Lupron Depot-PED, Viadur

Learn more about Leuprolide.

Female Infertility 1 reviews 22 medications

Hirsutism 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Uterine Leiomyomata 0 reviews 0 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Leuprolide reviews 115 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Leuprolide

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I started taking Lupron in November, 2014, and I am currently still taking the shots. I have had almost no side effects except for occasional hot flashes. I was put on Lupron because of heavy bleeding, due to my large fibroids. I am extremely happy with the results. My fibroids have shrunk to the point that I can now have a laparoscopic hysterectomy, rather than the old fashion full abdominal surgery. I haven't had a menstrual cycle in 9 months."

Anonymous August 28, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "lupron is not for everyone! I must admit I was horrified to try it, but it came a point I would rather die so had nothing to lose. In 2011 and 2012 both 9 months each. Then after treatment was birth control ( levora) high dose. Now 2015 just started having severe pain uncontrolled by anything else so started Lipton injection yesterday. This med made me forget I had the disease. I'm not saying there could be long term issues or anything else. But right now in this moment I'm not sick and every time before it was a god send. Hopeful this time will be as smooth as last couple times. Good luck."

Endo strong August 26, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I had the 3 month 11.25mg on 3/30/2015 to shrink my giant fibroid to the size that the laparoscopic myomectomy can be performed. I had no symptom of side effects for the first month and also having my period but ever since the second month (May) the side effects were really hitting me hard; including hot flashes and night sweat. Had my surgery at the end of June and my doctor confirmed that I had reacted to the Lupron more thanexpected as the fibroid not only shrink but part of it was degenerated. So Instead of a 2 hours operation, it ends up to be a 6 hours. Now, it's been 5 months and the Lupron still lasting (period still not back yet), don't know when it will be gone..."

cmfsos (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I've recieved my first round in June 2015. Almost immediately I started experiencing side effects. Headaches, weight gain, hot flashes,constant sweating,mood swings,made my depression worse, now swollen legs and ankles also severe joint pain. This is becoming unbearable and I'm rethinking doing the next cycle. It's help with my endometriosis, which I'm happy about but these side effects are a...."

Mauya (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2015

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I began a 6 month course of lupron with add back therapy in January 2015. I was terrified from everything I've read online. I had none of the horrible side effects, some hot Vosges here and there, but nothing unmanageable. I am a 41 year old female with endometriosis. I was pain free for the entire six months and felt good. Everyone is different, but with so many negative comments about thus therapy flooding the Internet, I thought it might be helpful to add my 2 cents."

DeeDee425 August 14, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "A costly and largely ineffective drug. Beware discount cards that refuse to honor their promises for low co-pay and further discounts. After having one 3 month shot priced at $2,500 and feeling little to no relief from a reoccurrence of Endometriosis I ended up getting a full hysterectomy anyway."

SherBear69 July 27, 2015

Lupron Depot-PED (leuprolide) for Precocious Puberty: "My daughter was prescribed depo lupron when she was about 6 years old. I would never recommend it to any one. She gained alot of weight. Became obese, has a lot of stretch marks, has high cholesterol, high sugar levels, sleep apnea, uses a cpap machine to sleep. She fights with me to binge eat. I am so sad I feel guilty for using this drug. I wish I would have let her get her period she would have only struggled for a little bit with that, than with a life time of health issues. Who cares if they stay shorter, short is beautiful too, and even big is beautiful but this med gives health problems that did exist. I feel like I scarred her for life :("

worried for other little girls July 26, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I've been on lupron twice in 6years. The first time was 2008 & I didn't experience any symptoms. I was extremely happy about that. Like most of you reading all the side effects had me a little on edge. The second time my doctor suggested that I get on it (Dec2014) I agreed with no problem.. Hoping that will be the same experience as the first time.... Ohhhhhh but it wasn't, I had hot flashes, night sweats & weight gaining. I couldn't wait until those 6months were over.. Unlike the first time 3 months off lupron my cycle started & 2weeks later two cyst 7.5cm... I was devastated & in so much pain & b4 you knew it I was having surgery.. I'm 2days fresh out the hospital on lupron again... I pray this time I have a different outcome."

Miss Nana July 12, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "Worst mistake of my life!! I had one 3 month shot when I was 17 and I'm still regretting it (I'm 21 now). I was pretty much paralyzed while on it. I couldn't move on my own. I needed help to even sit up in bed. I missed so much school/work and cried almost all day every day. I was in so much more pain. I was constantly sick (vomiting, nausea, painful bowel movements, headaches, joint pains) and the menopause symptoms were absolutely crazy. I still to this day have stomach issues I didn't have before. I have bone density loss as well. I will never recommend this drug to any woman. It is not meant for us."

Rayvan June 25, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I took the shot for 6 months, I had issues that I could tolerate. Such as vision change, the injection would shot pain a crossed my lower back. Well it's been 8 months since I had a shot took me 2 months before my period returned. I recently started experiencing pain in my belly button, vision was getting worse, mood swings, the end of April period was bad then 2 weeks later had another one. I was ready to have everthing removed, I had gave up hope of having a baby... So out of the blue I missed my period and now I'm 5 weeks PREGNANT! !!!!!!! I wish everyone good Luck and hang in there!!!!"

mommy to be (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I am very happy I went on Lupron Depot. I am on my 6th month of it and although the symptoms of hot flashes, night sweats, moodiness, and some weight gain are not fun, it still is VERY worth it. I have been pain free (when I was in debilitating pain before) and no period which is nice. Hopefully I'll be able to get pregnant soon too!"

crazyme7877 June 10, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I had extremely painful periods and constant bleeding. My doctor started me on the shot in Jan. and had second one in March. Best thing I ever did. No bleeding after 1st month and no pain after the 2nd month. Side effects were in my opinion mild. Worst were the hot flashes but in my opinion worth it. Doctor only wanted me to have to 2 shots so after June going to see what happens. I don't want to get on any birth control so will see what happens. I'm really hoping this makes it all better."

AnnaR40 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 31, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I started lupron 2 weeks ago for endometriosis. So far I've had 0 side effects. And no pain! I'm just starting so we'll see if I change my mind"

Rosie11 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I've been on Lupron since March 2015. Just had my 2nd shot. I have to tell you it's taken 100% of my nagging back pain and cramps away. I even lost 12 pounds the first shot. It started to wear out towards the end so I took the shot 2 weeks early. I had surgery May 12th to remove a huge polyp and 2 fibroid tumors - all benign. I'm having hot flashes and some headaches, some joint pain and that's about it. These symptoms are worth the trade from previous symptoms. I only hope my doctor gives me a hysterectomy soon. She feels Lupron will shrink the fibroids outside my uterus. I'm almost 50 so she says I should hold off on the hysterectomy. I want all this done with. Good luck to all of you."

Krizia May 15, 2015

Eligard (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "It works for me - long story short I'm going for my second shot on the 21st of this month"

Slugger69 May 10, 2015

Lupron Depot-PED (leuprolide) for Precocious Puberty: "My daughter is 7 will be 8 soon and was diagnosed with. Cpp I am on the fence about it have read everything but am still worried"

worried paren (taken for less than 1 month) May 1, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Endometriosis and had a major surgery. I was only able to take four of the six shots. The side effects are TERRIBLE. I had almost all of them. I took my last shot in March 2015. It has been one month and I am now experiencing panic and anxiety attacks along with high blood pressure. I am only 37 and gained weight now weighing 155 and have a blood pressure of 142/103. I have never had high blood pressure until the third month of the shot. I have hot flashes, night sweats, chest pains that sent me to the ER, vaginal discharge, painful intercourse, vomiting of the day I got the shot. It has been an awful experience. I am praying that when it gets all out of my system, I will not see any of these side effects anymor"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 24, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Have been getting monthly Lupron 7.5 mg injections since July 2014 (just had my 8th injection). No hot flashes; some mood swings and I recently started having arm and leg cramps a few times a week. Taking Casodex 50 mg daily as well, so it's hard to know which to blame. PSA was 205 when I started these meds and is now 0.03. I believe the complete lack of hot flashes may be due to receiving the monthly vs 3 or 6-month injection dose. I hope this information helps others."

WWII Vet (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Prostate removed - huge 350 cc- Gleason 7, PSA 15, radiation for 8 weeks, Lupron every 3 months for one year, every 6 months for the next year and a half. PSA has been less than 0.01 since initial radiation. Weakness, memory problems and hot flashes but no cancer. Treatment is worth the side effects. I feel very lucky. "

Rustymart (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 6, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I am 37 and for the most part been very healthy...never pregnant and married for three years. I have had ovarian cyst, but have been controllable. Nov.9, 2014 I went to the ER and the next day I was having a mass and 6" of my colon removed due to Endometriosis. I had stage 4. My OBGYN suggested this shot. I read all the reviews and was VERY learey of starting it, but I just took my second shot. It has not been so bad. I have experienced hot flashes and weight gain. I have about 4-6 hot flashes a night, but no sweats yet. I am hungry ALL the time and it seems the more I eat, the more I want. I cant seem to get full. I have gained 10 pounds in about 6 weeks.My mood has been good though. I have had to start Osphena due to side effects."

Not As Bad As I Thought (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "Awesome stuff! I went on Lupron so I could be a candidate for focused ultrasound treatment. Don't let all the negative reviews scare you! I used to look about 4 months pregnant. I am otherwise healthy, thin and exercise regularly. Had minor hot flashes; not a big deal considering the overall benefits. My mass of fibroids shrank dramatically in 3 months. Previously hard, round abdominal area shrank considerably! I couldn't believe how successful Lupron was for me, and how good I felt on it. I went off the pill (which I was on for years for constant bleeding/spotting). Didn't have memory loss, hair loss or bad moods like many other women's experiences. I took vitamins while on it to help counteract things like possible bone loss."

fibroids suck! (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "So far not any significant changes. Still feel terrible, back pain, legs ache, upset stomach. "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 28, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with Stage 4 endometriosis and was prescribed Lupron. After reading all of the horrible reviews and side effects I was terrified to try this. After chatting with my doctor we both agreed that this would be the most aggressive treatment as my husband and I would like to get pregnant one day. I am on month 3 of the shot and I have to say that I am pleased. The worst thing are the hot flashes. For me they are at least 10 times a day! But I will take that over the excessive cramping and pain any day. I feel minor cramps occasionally during the time I would normally have my period. I have experienced no depression, weight gain, weight loss, bleeding, joint pain etc. I am hoping after the treatments I will be able to conceive."

LJonesL December 15, 2014

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I received my first shot June 18 and thought I made biggest mistake of my life after reading several blogs. After a couple of weeks to my surprise, I felt good. I did have hot flashes, vaginal dryness and joint pain, but went away eventually. Had my second shot Sept 18, currently having hot flashes and joint pain"

Jennifl October 6, 2014

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "Stage 4 endometriosis. I've been on Lupron for 3 months and will get another injection next week. I've had a few hot flashes, about 1x/day occasionally, but not everyday. I have stayed below my original weight by about 5lb. Some moodiness/occasional depression. But overall I haven't had any major problems! I was very worried about side effects before starting Lupron, but am glad I did it. I want to be healthy! I'm getting married next weekend also so have been planning a wedding at the same time. We're hoping to get pregnant next year!"

Endo Stage 4 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2014