User Reviews for Leuprolide

Also known as: Eligard, Lupron, Lupron Depot, Lupron Depot 11.25 mg, Lupron Depot 3.75 mg, Lupron Depot-Gyn, Lupron Depot-PED, Viadur

Learn more about Leuprolide.

Female Infertility 1 reviews 23 medications

6.1
Breast Cancer, Adjuvant 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Leuprolide reviews 157 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Leuprolide

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "My dad had 1 shot of Lupron at age of 80 for elevated prostate cancer. He lost control of his muscles, was unable to walk and accelerated his dementia. My dad passed away 10 months after the shot."

Anonymous May 25, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I was given 7 monthly injections of Lupron, given to me at my PCP's office each month. This was done for the fibroids I had and for the fact that I was on a plan to have an entire hysterectomy at the end of that 7 months. I bled very little really, but overall thats about the best thing I can say about that drug After every injection I was an emotional basketcase before I could even get back to my car from the doctors office--emotional to the hilt. I'd go home and then...become lost in my own surroundings in my own home. I would not recommend anyone who's planning on having a hysterectomy to use this 'pre-surgery' drug. Ever. I mean, its hard enough to have to get a hysterectomy to begin with, then make it harder on yourself?"

Ms. No-Research (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 14, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "This is pure poison, I have very bad side effects from this poison and the doctor said he can do nothing, the physical and mental pain is so bad , hot flashes, very high blood pressure, head aches every day, pain urinating, joint pain, mental confusion , brain fog, memory loss, total itchy all over, sleeplessness , very bad fatigued, and a lot more, my doctor never told me anything about this poison just injected my with a 6 month supply, at 6,000.00."

albert owens (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 7, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "Received 3-month shot two weeks ago to stop heavy menstrual bleeding in preparation for a hysterectomy next month. My period started and the bleeding is just as extreme as usual. No relief in blood or pain with this drug. Have experience hot flashes (minor), headaches (minor), night sweats, nausea (moderate), and have pain in upper right back area. Will be seeing doctor later this week to get checked on. I know it's early in the process, but I'm disappointed. I took it knowing about the side effects, but was willing to go along with them to get my bleeding under control and to build up my iron stores."

Anon007 (taken for less than 1 month) May 4, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "HORRIBLE side effects and it was not worth it because it was something that didn't even cure me or made me feel any better."

Patricakes17 April 17, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I've only had one dose of Lupron; before going on it I did my research. One side effect is HORRIBLE insomnia (which I have). I know not every single change in my body can be blamed on the Lupron. I have Endometriosis and the Lupron basically puts you in a state of menopause. Headaches, insomnia, sweats, mood swings were very bad the first couple of weeks; now my stomach hurts! So I think I can pick and choose what the medicine is responsible for and the state of chemical menopause is doing to me."

Frisbee2004 April 14, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I want to share my experience with this drug because I truly believe it's of utter importance. My first BC was Depo PROVERA. I bled right through this, and yes it's common for the first year, also lighter periods. But mine never went away, then brown bleeding. I was switched to the implant, for other reasons, and the same problem still occurred. Then I was put on BC pills to control the bleeding process. All in all, I was backing up my uterine wall with more blood every time I had a period. Depo Lupron was injected on Jan 18 I bled out all my old blood in a week. I have not had a period or brown bleeding since. My last shot was given March 18. So far, 0 breakthrough bleeding. I love Depo Lupron"

KC813 April 3, 2016

For Endometriosis: "I have severe PMDD and have experienced debilitating symptoms directly associated to my cycle for the last 15 years, with the last 5 being to the extreme. The pain I experience for two weeks out of the month was unbearable and the rage uncontrollable. Finally, I found a gynecologist who specializes in PMDD and she suggested we give this shot a try for 1 month. I'm getting ready to head into my second month. For the first time in 5 years, I went through this whole month with absolutely no down time, no rage, no crying, no shame, no aplogies. I stayed my true self the whole month. This is a major improvement. I had some very mild anxiety, joint pains, lower back pain, stomach cramping. I'm so relieved that I found a way to get my life back."

ChristineME624 April 3, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Nov. 2012 I had a double lung transplant. July 2014 I was told I had prostate cancer (this after several PSA's that never dropped below 4. My last was in the high thirties and I had had 3 biopsies). Had a radical surgery in November which included nerve scraping and removal of 11 lymph nodes. Post surgery I had no radiation but did have the long term Lupron injections twice. I was cancer free for a year and now it is back. Started Lupron again and the side effects are already out in full force (after 4 days). Because of my compromised immune system and the medications I must take for life and kidney issues as a result of the lung transplant I worry that the Lupron will not work. What would be an alternative treatment?"

WHEEZERWILL (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with endometriosis and polycistic ovaries when I was just 16 years old. I'm now 22 and I've gone though 9 birth control pills and 9 different gynos. I had a laporoscip surgery when I was 17, which removed scar tissue and large cysts from my ovaries. After the surgery I was on birth control (seasonique which is wonderful for endometriosis) and up until a year ago I haven't had many issues with pains. I started to get the pains again, along with bleeding for 3 months on birth control, so I went ahead with Lupron. After reading up on it, I was hesitant, but moved forward. It stopped the bleeding, but the pain is still there and now my joints ache every day and also depression and suicidal thoughts are always there. Do not do it"

cakeandbacon March 2, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I took it 8 years ago for fibroids, cysts, and severe endometriosis. I was on Lupron for a year after trying other options. I had hot flashes and joint pain, plus a lot of the other symptoms mentions. Calcium and Vit D helped with joint pain. The symptoms remained consistent while I was on the Lupron, however even with the side effects, the year that I was on Lupron was the best I have ever felt. FINALLY no more debilitating pain. I got pregnant after the 6 month weening off period and had two kids. If endo is an inconvenience for you, maybe not the best drug. If endo is ruining your life, some side effects and symptoms are worth getting your life back. I am on it again and grateful that there is something out there that gives me relief"

Trying again (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 23, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "Desperate for relief after 2 surgeries within 3 months of each other, I was so hopeful about this medication. I ignored the reviews and got the shot (11.75 dosage administered every 3 months). I regret my choice so much. First, the expense! Even with insurance, my out of pocket was $1100. The mood swings were so bad that I became suicidal. I've gained 20 pounds that exercise and nutrition can't shed. The hot flashes were controlled by an OTC called Estroven. The pain did subside, but only for the 1st month after each shot (I got 2 shots total). Now, the pain is back and worse than ever and I'm only on month 5 of the treatment. Surgery # 3 scheduled in 2 weeks. This med is NOT worth the side effects."

Desperate and Disappointed February 20, 2016

Lupron Depot 11.25 mg (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "I have advanced prostrate cancer and have found that when I stop or delay a 90-day injection, my PSA climbs. From June 2010 (PSA over 350) through Jan 2013 (PSA 9) my cancer was controlled. I suspended the shots for 18 months due to cost and my PSA climbed to 270. In 5 months, my PSA is at 4.2."

2-putt Gus (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 16, 2016

Lupron Depot-PED (leuprolide) for Precocious Puberty: "My daughter was diagnosed at 6 years old with Precocious Puberty. Pubic Hair, breast buds, underam hair. We did Lupron Injections until she was twelve. I am happy to say they seemd to work she is now 5'8 and somewhat healthy. She has some issues.. she has been on the line of pre-diabetic for years. She is some what overweight. she is about 208 lbs. She does has facial hair. and she has a thyroid issue and now she has recently been diagnosed lactose intolerance.. extreme lactose intolerance.. she only has 2 enzymes to break down lactose. She also has had to get on birth control to keep her period normal and her periods are very painful. I have to tell myself that what we are dealing with now is minor compared to how she may have developed with out it"

cheeseshelly (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 16, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "When I took this it was very painful. The shots messed up my muscles and my condition got so much worse after the 6 month period. I had to get surgery and lost my first organ. I'm not saying don't try it for endo but be wary when you do. You're supposed to have more intense symptoms in the first part but it is supposed to get better. Mine did not, it only got worse."

Sidney kay February 16, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I have Premenstrual dysphoric disorder. This med saved my life. Mimicked a hysterectomy. Now I know that removing the ovaries is the answer. Scheduled...."

Shannyn (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 12, 2016

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "So my gyn started me on the lupron a little over a week ago. I have had some horrible mood swings, severe pain worse then when I began, swelling in my hands and feet and I started to bleed very heavily late last night. Has anyone else had these experiences? Did they get better over time? My biggest worry is I suffer from anxiety and depression prior to the injections. Things have been getting worse is this normal or should I be worried?"

enquiring mind February 9, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I had a laparoscopy done march 2015 and they determined stage 4 endemetriosis. Before then I had maybe 1 week out of a month without pain for over a year, it was horrible. My first injection was in September 2015. I had a laparotomy in October 2015, the doctor did an amazing job, removed all the scar tissue and cyst's. My second injection was December 2015 and the hot flashes are brutal. I am now on a low dose of estrogen to help with the hot flashes. It has helped but not fully. I highly recommend the injection if you want to be pain free, the hot flashes are brutal but way better then the pain."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 7, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis after my 1st laparoscopy in june 2015. Following my 1st surgery i started Lupron injections in hopes to slow the endo growth. I had 3 rounds of Lupron causing terrible side effects which included but not limited to: fatigue, night sweats, mood swings, joint pain, severe abdominal pain, lack in sex drive, natural lubrication, anxiety.. Dec 2015 my 2nd laparoscopy and 6mths of Lupron left me with stage 3 Endometriosis. Doc wanted to continue with 6 MORE months of Lupron and another surgery. I declined such offer. I am very unhappy with how this drug effected my life.My body will never be the same after Lupron. Dont take this drug."

pose (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 6, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "This drug was the worse form of treatment for my multiple symptoms - Daytime hot flashes and steady period was not worth it. I was administered this drug in 2008 and since then my life has never been the same. Forgetfulness covered in laughter by co-workers; poor cognitive skills, no sex drive & no desire to be touched. Headaches, blurred vision; quick weight gain and most of all I quit my job and I'm still try'n to figure out why when I was financially stable. Who was I? Something in my brain is out of sync, I was not a person that took medicines. The Male-doctor pushed this on me & I was a patient with that organization for over 10yrs and I was the only 32yrs old & super active!"

KYRAAW February 2, 2016

For Prostate Cancer: "I had prostate cancer that had metastasized and was given the 3 month leuprolide shot along with casode; within 24-48 hours had horrible side affects, memory loss, couldn't walk or even stand up, dizziness, weakness. 3 days later I was taken to ER and had blood clots in my lung. I do not recommend the leuprolide and casadex combination. Not sure which one is worse but would give it a -1 rating if available."

Mr. Wiz January 23, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer involving bones. PSA was 130. Gleason score is a pair of bad 7s (4 3) and a pair of 8s. Also undergoing chemo with docetaxel. I've had 4 of 6 scheduled treatments. I also have xgeva injection monthly and lupron quarterly. I've had one lupron injection and 3 xgeva injections. After 42 days PSA dropped to 2.9. Three weeks later it was .7. That's a 98% drop each time. Was urinating 12 times a day about 4 to 6 ounces at a time and storing 9 ounces all the time. First treatment was docetaxel, xgeva and lupron on same visit. Relief was almost immediate. Eliminating 12 to 14 ounces now 4 to 5 times a day. Also take prednisone twice a day until chemo is done. Side effects have been fairly nominal."

Tarheel82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "The side-effects have lasted years and Lupron itself caused depression. And I gained over 40 pounds rapidly within three months after use. It gave me seizures, and I had blackouts on TOP of the usual side-effects. I was hospitalized for three days because of the seizures. NOT worth it! I'm still plagued by the ungodly side-effects every single day! Worst decision I ever made. NEVER again!"

Liebora January 19, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Doctors just give it out like cough medicine. I have a from of muscular distrophy , lupron almost killed me and the doctors did not know what to do. 11 years later I am still having side effects from the synthetic hormone. doctors should realize that one size does not fit all."

Inspector ll (taken for 10 years or more) January 9, 2016

Lupron Depot-PED (leuprolide) for Precocious Puberty: "I was 7 or 8 when I started this treatment. My bone age at that time was of a 10 year old. Now at 18, I have gained a lot of weight every year after stopping the medication. Although I don't seem like a person that weighs a lot, my BMI is on the higher end of normal. In addition to that, while on the treatment, I had a lot of acne. Apart from that, my periods are extremely irregular. I guess everyone handles medications and treatment differently. However, I would not recommend this drug at all. Firstly, it's extremely expensive if you do not have insurance. Secondly, people are supposed to grow by themselves. This drug has more negative side effects than positive ones."

P.S.777777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016