User Reviews for Leuprolide

Also known as: Eligard, Lupron, Lupron Depot, Lupron Depot 11.25 mg, Lupron Depot 3.75 mg, Lupron Depot-Gyn, Lupron Depot-PED, Viadur

Learn more about Leuprolide.

Female Infertility 1 reviews 23 medications

6.2
Breast Cancer, Adjuvant 1 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Leuprolide reviews 138 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Leuprolide

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "This drug was the worse form of treatment for my multiple symptoms - Daytime hot flashes and steady period was not worth it. I was administered this drug in 2008 and since then my life has never been the same. Forgetfulness covered in laughter by co-workers; poor cognitive skills, no sex drive & no desire to be touched. Headaches, blurred vision; quick weight gain and most of all I quit my job and I'm still try'n to figure out why when I was financially stable. Who was I? Something in my brain is out of sync, I was not a person that took medicines. The Male-doctor pushed this on me & I was a patient with that organization for over 10yrs and I was the only 32yrs old & super active!"

KYRAAW February 2, 2016

For Prostate Cancer: "I had prostate cancer that had metastasized and was given the 3 month leuprolide shot along with casode; within 24-48 hours had horrible side affects, memory loss, couldn't walk or even stand up, dizziness, weakness. 3 days later I was taken to ER and had blood clots in my lung. I do not recommend the leuprolide and casadex combination. Not sure which one is worse but would give it a -1 rating if available."

Mr. Wiz January 23, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Diagnosed with stage 4 metastatic prostate cancer involving bones. PSA was 130. Gleason score is a pair of bad 7s (4 3) and a pair of 8s. Also undergoing chemo with docetaxel. I've had 4 of 6 scheduled treatments. I also have xgeva injection monthly and lupron quarterly. I've had one lupron injection and 3 xgeva injections. After 42 days PSA dropped to 2.9. Three weeks later it was .7. That's a 98% drop each time. Was urinating 12 times a day about 4 to 6 ounces at a time and storing 9 ounces all the time. First treatment was docetaxel, xgeva and lupron on same visit. Relief was almost immediate. Eliminating 12 to 14 ounces now 4 to 5 times a day. Also take prednisone twice a day until chemo is done. Side effects have been fairly nominal."

Tarheel82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "The side-effects have lasted years and Lupron itself caused depression. And I gained over 40 pounds rapidly within three months after use. It gave me seizures, and I had blackouts on TOP of the usual side-effects. I was hospitalized for three days because of the seizures. NOT worth it! I'm still plagued by the ungodly side-effects every single day! Worst decision I ever made. NEVER again!"

Liebora January 19, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Doctors just give it out like cough medicine. I have a from of muscular distrophy , lupron almost killed me and the doctors did not know what to do. 11 years later I am still having side effects from the synthetic hormone. doctors should realize that one size does not fit all."

Inspector ll (taken for 10 years or more) January 9, 2016

Lupron Depot-PED (leuprolide) for Precocious Puberty: "I was 7 or 8 when I started this treatment. My bone age at that time was of a 10 year old. Now at 18, I have gained a lot of weight every year after stopping the medication. Although I don't seem like a person that weighs a lot, my BMI is on the higher end of normal. In addition to that, while on the treatment, I had a lot of acne. Apart from that, my periods are extremely irregular. I guess everyone handles medications and treatment differently. However, I would not recommend this drug at all. Firstly, it's extremely expensive if you do not have insurance. Secondly, people are supposed to grow by themselves. This drug has more negative side effects than positive ones."

P.S.777777 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 8, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I had been suffering for years. Horrible pain,cramps all day and night and meds NEVER took the severe pain away. The bleeding was excessive. Never had a light day. My period lasted for a month sometimes almost 2months. At the age of 15,I was taken to the gyn which at that time was diagnosed with ovarian cysts and a bad case of endometriosis. Not only was the cysts bad but the endometriosis had grown all over my ovaries, in my belly button and was making it hard for me to move my bowels. The doctor politely said well you have a bad case here and you need surgery so I said ok well when, and he said TOMORROW. So surgery happened and not even 6months later I was having surgery again. I'm 34 and its all back"

Lilbit296 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I was on Lupron for a year (2006 -2007) and I have never felt the same. I am going on 50 but my body feels 100 years old. I was once described as a vivacious and enthusiastic individual. Today, I can barely keep up with friends and family (many of them are older than me). "

l84appt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2016

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "Don't let the online reviews cheat you out of a better life! I actually delayed getting Lupron by a year because I was so scared by the online reviews and reports of adverse reactions/symptoms. However, my experience was wonderful. My doctor put me on the ad-back and I did have a FEW hot flashes initially, but I would take those 1,000x over the pain my endometriosis caused me. I also took calcium to offset any bone density loss. Please, Please, Please work with your doctor to decide if Lupron is right for YOU. I did it and now I am on my way to restoring my quality of life."

Sarah2016 January 2, 2016

Lupron (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "Received a 3 month injection 8/20 for heavy bleeding due to fibroids. Did not stop bleeding/spotting until middle of October. Now I need another dose and the price jumped from $10 (promo fee) to $1,100- $3,000. Needless to say I cannot afford the next round. Also had a headache for full 3 months. However, my doctor said it did shrink my fibroid enough to get the ablation I need."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "I am experiencing the following side-effects: Breast enlargement, reduction of size of testicles, complete ED, multiple hot flashes hourly, and a mental fog that prevents clear thinking. These were all expected side effects and came as no surprise. Additional unexpected side effects include: rapid pulse rate, elevated BP, breathlessness, short term memory loss, extreme and uncontrollable emotional outbursts (uncontrollable crying over minimally emotional issues), and sleep deprivation (1-2 hours total sleep which could account for the emotional issues). Of additional concern are anecdotal statements by others claiming no reduction of any side effects even after years of removal from follow-up injections of Lupron. My concern is great enough to request suspension of this drug, even at the cost of an elevated PSA with a corresponding resurgence of the cancer. I know there are additional drugs I can take to counteract some of these side-effects, but I would rather not complicate the situation with even more medication. My PSA stands at .3 as of this writing, and I would withdraw my request were it to increase to 4.0, however continued living with this nightmare drug is not my idea of life."

65 year old Marvin with PC (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 22, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "This drug should be taken off the market, It kills your immune system and the side effects never wear off. I had three injections in 2002 and am still suffering from what has happened to my body. The joint pain and hot flashes are unbearable. This medication has robbed me of enjoyment of life. It's only purpose is money for Big Phar and ease of surgery for the doctor. No Benefit to the patient at all. Do not take this, it will ruin your life."

cj200220022002 November 22, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "This medicine has given me horrible headaches. Lost a lot of hair gained weight insomnia."

Sulianaaaron November 20, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "This drug, ruined my joints, chronic pain, I lost an inch in height, and my endometrosis was only gone for three years. I have gained 40 pounds, now have lost my mobility, can no longer dance or go out, im only 36 but i feel twice as old. I would Never have taken it of I had known it was a chemotherapy drug for prostate Cancer."

MendoBarbie November 20, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I wish I knew then what I knew now. If I knew 20 years later I would still have side effects I never ever would have taken the doses. My doctor boosted this up like the fix."

Side effected (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 20, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I really feel it is important to share my experience with this drug. I did extensive research before making my decision to start the Lupeneta pack. I was scared and I prayed to have a good experience since most reviews for this drug are aweful. I am grateful to be able to give this drug TWO THUMBS UP! I am taking one month shots combined with the add back pills. The first month I experienced NO increase in symptoms. I bleed for the first month and a half, now my constant bleeding is gone! For the first month I experienced very mild hot flashes, now none at all. My quality of life is 110% better and I am pain free. I am so grateful i took a chance on this medication. I finally got a break from the constant pain and exhaustion from endo."

cdawhg November 13, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I have been taking this for 6 months now, about to start my 7th and I love it! I will say the first month or so, I was really wondering what had I gotten myself into. But now, I am so glad I did it. I take the 1 a month not the 3 months shot. I haven't had a period in 5 months, I haven't cramped in 5 months. I was having hot flashes before I started taking this and I will say that at times they are way worse but I would much rather deal with hot flashes then be huddled over in my bed bc the cramps are so bad that I can't even function. I do understand that some people have bad experiences with things and some people don't It is all up to your body. Everyone's body is different. I hope seeing a good review like this will help."

Ambear November 2, 2015

Lupron (leuprolide) for Prostate Cancer: "Stage 2B prostate cancer. Proton beam therapy coupled with six months on Lupron. Dreaded getting the second 3-month shot. Side-effects: Almost total loss of libido and sexual function within 30 days--lasting for several months post usage; debilitating hot flashes (2X/hour, 24/7); 15 pounds of weight gain; 50% increase in cholesterol under same diet; dangerous liver impact (GGT > 130) w/o alcohol use; significant breast growth."

Etienne1 October 31, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I have taken luproid deposit 4months ago. For me its waste of money and time. One good thing is no periods but i still have heavy pain in intercorse.thinking to go for homeopathy"

Lahri (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 30, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "My doctor has me on the six-month regimen. I am on my second month and have had to go to the ER five times since getting this injection. I don't recommend this to anyone I feel ill all the time. Very lethargic, very short of breath, heaviness in the chest, pains in my back and just overall horrible. I had my right ovary and fallopian tube removed due to severe endometriosis and the doctor recommended these injections and said I would have no problem and no buddy that she has treated his head any severe side effects so I guess I get them all. I've missed a lot of work almost losing my job because I just can't function on a day-to-day basis because of the medication. For any of you considering taking this medication please don't it is nothing but toxic"

Stefd (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I've been suffering with very painful mensuration and chronic pelvic spasms for over 20 years. The first time I did Lupron is was a god sent, finally I didn't have to plan my life and work around my period. Now I'm on a second round. I'm using the 3-month injection and I love life. Yes, I have hot flashes and I can be a bit emotional at times, but I'm not in pain and that is what I was going for. I'm 42 now, and I'm hoping I can stay on this medication, until I'm 50. I would really hate to go back to having to deal with this again."

julrez9 October 6, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "Don't do it! I got the 3 month shot 1 month ago and have had these symptoms so far: constant and severe pelvic pain, sharp lower back pain, pain when bladder is full and when emptying, lots of migraines & headaches, nausea, vomiting, high anxiety, extreme fatigue, very low mood swings, loss of appetite and insomnia. The worst symptom of all is the severe depression, I have had several thoughts of suicide. I would rather deal with just the pain than all of these together. I was told by my doctor the only symptom I would get is hot flashes and she had only heard of success stories with this drug, that was a total lie. If you react badly with other birth controls do not do Lupron, it's a living nightmare!"

Lexii October 5, 2015

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "I would never recommend this medication to anyone!! The disclosure of the side effects aren't truthful. There are some serious, deliberating side effects that are not listed for this medication. I am the unfortunate patient that is experiencing the "rare" side effects that weren't disclosed. I am suffering short term memory loss that gets worse every day. I never had anxiety problems until now. I shake/jittery, and have tingling/numbness in my fingers, feet, and face. My nails are very brittle to the point I had to cut them all off. I am also loosing my hair. I am severely constipated. My appetite is curbed, and I am loosing weight instead of gaining it. And the headaches are terrible!! Not worth having these side effects!!"

kml91 September 20, 2015

Lupron Depot 3.75 mg (leuprolide) for Uterine Fibroids: "I started taking Lupron in November, 2014, and I am currently still taking the shots. I have had almost no side effects except for occasional hot flashes. I was put on Lupron because of heavy bleeding, due to my large fibroids. I am extremely happy with the results. My fibroids have shrunk to the point that I can now have a laparoscopic hysterectomy, rather than the old fashion full abdominal surgery. I haven't had a menstrual cycle in 9 months."

Anonymous August 28, 2015

Lupron Depot (leuprolide) for Endometriosis: "lupron is not for everyone! I must admit I was horrified to try it, but it came a point I would rather die so had nothing to lose. In 2011 and 2012 both 9 months each. Then after treatment was birth control ( levora) high dose. Now 2015 just started having severe pain uncontrolled by anything else so started Lipton injection yesterday. This med made me forget I had the disease. I'm not saying there could be long term issues or anything else. But right now in this moment I'm not sick and every time before it was a god send. Hopeful this time will be as smooth as last couple times. Good luck."

Endo strong August 26, 2015