User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

TriNessa Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for TriNessa to treat Birth Control

"I have irregular menstrual cycles I've started taking Trinessa to help regulate my cycle, I am only on my 2nd week but I don't like the side effects. I am nauseous all day and it affects my mood shortly after taking it, I go from happy and productive to moody and sluggish. I also have headaches, muscle and breast soreness. I have not stop bleeding either I have been spotting the entire time and as I go along it seems to get heavier. I was not expecting for it to start working to stop my elongated period immediately but the all day nauseous and mood change is the worst, I will try to complete the month but I not sure if the is the option for me."

In my feelings February 2, 2016

"This is the first pack for Trinessa. I was on Ortho Tri Cyclin Orange since my 6 week appointment after I had my 3rd baby, (so about July is when my appt. was) and my insurance just now made me switch to Trinessa. I don't think I like it. Since taking it, I have constantly felt like I got a lump in my throat and my diaphragm area and decreased my appetite, so I'd put that in the nausea category. I just don't know if I should just wait it out, or call my OB office and ask them for something different or what. I mean I'm only going to be on this til like Dec. or Jan., because me and my fiance would like 1 more, and wanted to wait til our baby is at least 18 months before we tried again. Then after that baby is born, I'm going on the Depo."

Momma89 January 27, 2016

"Is there a minus 0? I am only writing a review to remind myself to never to take this med again! Omg. 2 wks before my period is due, my face flushed, broke out in worst rosacea, skin scaled, then pimpled, now that my skin is going getting better, my breast enlarged about 5 pds more, overall body weight gain about 5 pds more mid body, waist, I've felt bloated about half month. Oh yes. I also woke up with a swollen face, experienced migraines that kept on knocking me down. energy level is gone. never again tri-nessa."

conee January 21, 2016

"I was on this birth control for about 8 months straight and I went off now I am currently back on and I absolutely love it. No weight gain, no acne, lighter shorter periods. The only thing is when I first started taking it, I spotted for a month, which is normal. Other than that, I love it."

Deeeeeeeeee (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 18, 2016

"I have I have been taking tri ness for only a couple of days now and my breast are really tender and sore they hurt , sudden movement they hurt . Thinking maybe I should take a pregnancy test or for sure it might just be the pill ."

Jamielynnrod January 18, 2016

"I've been on trinessa for a year now I've never experienced any weight gain or nausea also it's done a good job preventing pregnancy for me. What I like most about it is out of the 10 different birth controls I've tried trinessa has kept my skin the clearest. I've had no bad experience with trinessa I do have slight mood swings here and there but Nothing too extreme."

Jeanamarie15 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 15, 2016

"I have been on Trinessa in the past for acne and it had worked beautifully. I went off of it for 2 years and just got back on and am on pack 2. Unfortunately, I am having a terrible time adjusting. I spotted (or straight up just bled) for the entire first pack. I am struggling with anxiety and random panic attacks and constantly feel depressed. I'm also breaking out in hives. I've been taking the pill at night and like clockwork, I breakout just shortly after I take the pill."

Re-do (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 15, 2016

"My overall experience with this birth control was terrible. I had a false pregnancy and was moody and over emotional. The only 2 things good about this pill was it did keep my skin clear and my periods were very light. But with the weight gain/false pregnancy thing my obgyn said the hormones in this pill were too high for my system. She switched me to an ultra low dose and the bloating was gone in no time."

Linzee83 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2016

"Not good at all. I just started my 3 pack and I'm taking myself off of it. Experience has been horrible. I've had unbelievable mood swings since the start. Major breast tenderness, my PMS starts about 2 weeks early. Lots of chin acne. Nausea every single night. Slight weight gain. But my worst side effect is my hair started falling out. Literally in clumps. I have very very thick hair and it's noticeably thinner. My mother noticed just by looking at my hair line and my hairdresser also confirmed it was significantly thinner. Unfortunately I have to be on a birth control otherwise I have to many issues without it, however I've taken myself off of this and thrown away my last pack. I know pills work different for everyone but I would not reco"

Jamie-Lynne December 20, 2015

"I have been on this pill for a little under a year for the main reason to prevent pregnancy, but to also help regulate my period. Before I started the pills, I would have horrible cramps and long, heavy periods and now other than heavy nausea in the first week and some diarrhea, my periods are short and rather light. This is the only pill I have ever been on and I can say that it does make me more emotional and sick at times, but no pregnancy! It does the job with little side effects: nausea and diarrhea."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

"I started this bc when I was about 17 years old. I had few side effects but over the course of a few months I started developing UTIs. I'd never gotten one previously but at the time I didn't associate it with the bc pills. The UTIs become frequent, multiple UTIs within a month even peeing after intercourse, taking cranberry supplements, wearing looser clothing, etc. After a couple years my prescription ran out (away at college). The UTIs immediately stopped and I haven't experienced one since. Another long term side effect I experienced was depression and irritability. I was treated for that and am still recovering from the depression. I've been off the pill for over a year now and things are finally just now normalizing."

Maddie.n.d (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

"I have been on Trinessa for maybe two years. I've changed birth control multiple times because I wanted to try something that would give me less periods. When my doctor and I discovered fewer periods a year wasn't working for my body, she put me on Trinessa. From the start I have had nausea so bad it wakes me up in the middle of the night for the first few pills of the pack. I have been getting infections such as BV and UTI's. I have never ever had any of those infections or any problems with my vag before starting this birth control. Periods are still heavy, cramps are really bad.My sex drive is just gone. My boyfriend thinks I find him unattractive or that I'm with someone else and cheating on him. Only good thing, no babies"

FourEyes4Life (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2015

"I've been on Trinessa for three years now. I love it. I do have mild nausea at the beginning of the cycle if I don't eat much but other than that it works pretty well. Overall I really like it. I had problems with weight gain before I started taking it and it has caused me to lose weight and if I don't eat enough I will just keep losing a ton of weight. I don't get headaches from it and no abnormal bleeding. The only thing I might have to say negative is that I get pretty Moody sometimes. I used to be happy go lucky before I took this and now I'm more emotional. Maybe it's just me getting older. I've been on it so long I can't really tell!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2015

"On my first pack of Trinessa. I had slight nausea the first night of taking the pill and a headache the next day but otherwise, no side effects. I haven't gained any weight or broke out at all. No crazy mood swings either! I was terrified to try this pill because of the awful reviews but I have been totally normal."

lc15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

"I was on this for about two years. I gained 20lbs from it. But I needed to regulate my period. Also my thyroid levels always changed drastically on this, while off it not too bad. Trinessa also made my breast hurt so bad, showers were horrible with the water hitting them. I feel bloated half the month and irritated that this is the only birth control I can afford because Insurance won't cover even with my condition. Also my eyes always were dry and itchy."

Hashimotos and PCOS help, not! (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2015

"I just started this last week and I've had the worst nausea in the world ,can't even sleep I take it at night and wake up feeling really unwell . I'm taken it to regulate my period but I swear it's not worth it I want to stop but idk if I should wait to see if it would go away, I'm extremely emotional and grumpy .I get mad for anything and cry for anything it's ridiculous ! I don't know what to do ! Help ?!"

Girl17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2015

"I lost 5 pounds after a month of using Tri-Nessa. It was the 3rd or 4th birth control I tried, and the only one that keeps my period under control. With the other birth controls I tried, I had 2 periods per month! Not fun when you are a newlywed!! I have been taking Tri-nessa for 4 years and have not gotten pregnant. The only complaint I have is lower sex drive, but there are ways around that! ;-)"

It works for me November 10, 2015

"I have been on TriNessa for around six months now. I have been on birth control for 9 years due to ovarian cysts, horrid periods/cramping, and obviously to prevent pregnancy. I have had to switch from pill to pill over the years due to complications. When I was switched to TriNessa six months ago I felt horrible pretty much from the start. TriNessa initially caused mood swings (have subsided since) and spotting for two packs straight. This pill STILL kindly provides me with constant bloating for about two weeks out of a pack, an obliterated sex drive and life with my fianc"

emsmiley November 1, 2015

"I had started this pill back in April after having my second endometriosis attack that landed me in the hospital. I had tried other birth control pills prior to this one and they did not work either when it came to my endometriosis. I stopped taking this pill one month ago because it began to make me feel nausea throughout the day and I began to feel emotional from it as well. I have to say that it did shorten and lightened my periods though. I am very depressed that it did not work for me. I have been battling these issues for many years and nothing has 100% effective yet. If you have bad endometriosis, don't use this pill! I hope to find a birth control the stops my periods and treats my endometriosis soon."

Teach2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

"I have been taking this birth control pill for almost a year. At first, I was an extreme bitch and super emotional for about the first month or two and my breasts increased and I probably gained about 5 pounds. I also spotted throughout the first month of taking it. But after three months, everything went back to normal, and my acne decreased I had occasional zits here and there but now my skin is completely clear. Also, it has made my period 3 days shorter. My period used to be a week long and now it lasts four days and it's pretty light and I do not get any cramps. If you can make it through the first few months it's totally worth it!"

Sydneyyyyyyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2015

"I asked my doctor for a birth control because I was in a relationship and we both decided pregnancy is not in our near future and I can say Trinessa did it's part when it comes to baby making time haha. I did not break out a lot before Trinessa, but now even during the week I get my period, I have zero acne, and I am talkin no zits at all. I do not take the sugar pills during the week I am on my period because they are only there to take if you can not remember to start your birth control that Sunday, other than that they will make you gain weight. Downside I'm on like month 6 and I'm nauseous almost every time I take my pill sometimes even after I take it on a full stomach. Still regular cycle, overall I do like it besides the nausea."

malimauigirl September 28, 2015

"I'm in the middle of my third month using trinessa. I'm 17 and it's the first form of birth controll pills I've tried. Overall these first few months have been a positive experience. I had minor acne which is all gone and I never break out. My periods are much lighter. I only have to use a "regular" size tampon for 4 days but then I will usually spot for 3-4 more days, in which I'll just use a panty liner. My first week and month on trinessa was pretty difficult, it messed with my vision and definitely my mood. I became very depressed and even suicidal at times but things have gotten better since then. I have not gained or lost any weight on the pill and still have the same appetite. Also, It has been a great contraceptive. :)"

Molllygirl September 27, 2015

"I took this for about 5 months and didn't hate it until the last month or two, but by then I really, really hated it. My shin was pretty clear and my breasts grew two cup sizes, which was nice. However, they hurt constantly and were always sore. I always felt bloated and gained 5 pounds the first week, and another 8 pounds over the next couple months, The weight was IMPOSSIBLE to lose, and as someone who has struggled with eating disorders it was extremely disheartening. The worst part, however, was a complete and total loss of interest in sex. It was really damaging my relationship, to which sex has been a really huge part. The sex drive wasn't hugely affected until the end of my use of trinessa but it was a very intense drop off."

cassidyyylea September 24, 2015

"I started this pill when I was 18, and I experienced extreme nausea the first two weeks (as is expected when you've never taken another bcp before). After that, I loved this pill for the most part. I never got pregnant; I never had any noticeable side effects. My periods were consistent and were lighter than before taking any pills. However, the downside was that my period was still too heavy for my liking which I didn't really notice until I started my clinical rotations for nursing school."

Aprille Joy September 16, 2015

"I'm just trying Trinessa for the first time and I absolutely hate it. Every day there's a point to where I'm very nauseated. . Feel depressed and just so sick.. yeah it shortened my period by 2 days but I just hate feeling like this everyday...it may work well for others...just my experience."

Tori092109 September 16, 2015