User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

TriNessa review summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 201 medications used in the treatment of Birth Control.

Reviews for TriNessa to treat Birth Control

Review by Lynn129:

The pill started great until everytime I take it I want to vomit all the time. Practically, had the experience of a pregnant woman. I gained weight, was expected and had terrible headaches don't go away for hours. Impossible to sleep without wanting to vomit. I've been having emotional problems feeling depressed and crying without reason.

August 14, 2014 3:42 AM

Review by Not Worth The Pain:

I've only been on for a month and a half, but my body has DRASTICALLY changed. The abdominal pain is unbearable, I've missed work multiple times because I'm unable to leave the bathroom. The bloating has been out of control, and besides my normal acid reflux disease, the extra heartburn has me constantly sick - no matter what I eat. The first 1.5 weeks of the pill pack are the worst, I cant eat or sleep, and the migraines are awful. Moody, lack of desire to do anything, which is NOT like me. The only benefit is a bit of a weaker period, but the side-effects are unbearable.

August 11, 2014 10:44 PM

Review by Annon678:

I've been taking Trinessa for about 2 and a half months. The first week upon taking it, I had severe abdominal pain and headaches. I was hungry all the time but, due to the warning that I would have increased cravings, I controlled it rather well. It seemed to get better throughout the month, my face was clearing up, I had energy again, but I still got minor to severe pains on a regular basis. My period came after three days of being on the inactive pills and lasted 4 days. My cramps improved drastically and I was still hormonal, just less. I started back on the pills again and the first day I experienced extreme nausea and vomited. The nausea has continued to follow me for the past weeks, now I am looking into the Nuvaring.

August 6, 2014 9:47 AM

Review by nicole_anddime (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Before having my daughter I was on Desogen for 5 yrs, with an amazing experience. It took me two yrs to get pregnant after stopping. Requested the same after baby with little difference. Had to switch 3 months ago for insurance reasons and have been miserable since. I am way more moody (weepy/short fuse), I've gained 5-7 lbs. Terrible bloating the week before my period as well as nausea/vomiting and bad cramps a few days before. Worst symptom: complete destruction of my sex drive. Like... I could really care less. I also started a week early this time for some reason. I am switching back next month and paying the $32 dollars a month until my doctor decides he believes me when I say that one child is enough for me.

August 5, 2014 3:34 AM

Review by Relle (taken for less than 1 month):

I'm almost finished my first pack of Trinessa and the side effects that I've experienced are LOTS of bloating and also vaginal discharge. I've gotten use to the bloating, but the vaginal discharge is annoying and frustrating because I kept thinking it was a yeast infection or something like that and everything I've taken to try to get rid of it has not worked and it was driving me crazy, but after reading some of the reviews for Trinessa, I realized it must be one of the side effects of the pill because it started when I started taking it. The first week I started the pack, I had a lack of appetite, but I've been eating regularly since then. I haven't experienced any weight gain. Overall Trinessa seems to be a decent birth control

August 4, 2014 3:47 PM

Review by Alysssia:

I've been taking Trinessa for 3 weeks now. I have a little stomach pain sometimes but I guess I can deal with it and it is clearing my face which was something I notice today while looking in the mirror, I was glowing, loved it but I've been bloated and I really don't like looking pregnant when I'm not...but I do hope I'll gain weight just not in my stomach.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 13, 2014 4:12 AM

Review by chemical_kid (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I've been on Trinessa for almost 6 months now and I haven't seen many issues with it. When I first started I was a bit moody, but now that side effect seems to have gone away. Also I've had somewhat irregular periods while on the pill. I've had no headaches, weight gain, my skin has cleared up a lot since starting it. I'd definitely recommend it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2014 12:24 PM

Review by cRobiee25 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've been on Tri-Nessa for about a year. But I have had one pretty serious side effect, vaginal discharge. I honestly did not think about it being a side effect when it started. I went to my doctor and they treated it as a yeast infection but nothing helped. My doctor told me I was just one of the few women that had regular discharge. Now that I have been off of Tri-Nessa for only a month, the discharge has stopped. I am now going to try and change medications.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2014 12:25 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I started taking the pill for my irregular cycle and it has worked but I've noticed I started having headaches, bloating and terrible mood swings. In addition, I've become somewhat lazy and gained a tad bit of weight. I'm about to be on my next set of pills starting tomorrow so I hope it gets better.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 10:34 AM

Review by lamaslinda (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I've been taking this birth control for over a year and its probably the best one so far. Its cleared my skin so much, I haven't gained any weight at all, and most importantly the periods are shorter. The bloating is horrible, the cramps don't usually last for more than 1 day. Like every other birth control it has cons, the mood swings and the bloating are pretty much the only ones I've experienced. I would recommend this to a friend.

June 22, 2014 5:36 AM

Review by NotPregnantButEhNotHappy:

I haven't taken any birth control at all for almost two years since having my baby and I was prescribed Trinessa 3 months ago by my midwife. Periods are short and it has cleared up my skin so much which is awesome, however the bloating is terrible. I have always been a thin person and have never had any weight issues but my stomach is so fat and bloated it looks like I'm 2-3 months pregnant. Decreased libido is the other negative side effect that I am experiencing as well.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 29, 2014 4:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

I have only been on this medication for 3 weeks. Already I am an emotional mess. I'm exhausted all the time. Not to mention me and my husband were having sex almost everyday. My first week on it I didn't even want him to touch me. He said I seem detached. We tried I cant even get turned on. No sex drive what so ever. For the sake of my relationship and my sanity I have decided to stop taking it...

April 27, 2014 10:52 AM

Review by Sonothappy:

Over 2 months...I've gained 10lbs, awful mood swings, headaches (which I never used to get) and fatigue. I switched to this to help with my spotting but I feel like I'd take the spotting over this any day! Not happy.

March 6, 2014 11:23 PM

Review by E.Wiser.694:

Never had a problem. Not intended weight gain, and periods seemed to turn out normal and right on time every month.

February 8, 2014 12:48 AM

Review by Lovethisstuff:

I've been taking this birth control for a year now and I absolutely love it. Since I started taking I've seen no physical change in my health. It cleared up my skin great!

January 3, 2014 1:03 AM

Review by Angie11:

I was on Depo for six yrs and recently switched. So far I love this birth control. My skin is so clear and glowing. I have short periods but mild headaches and mood swings. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone because of the minimal side effects. I love that my weight is under control.

December 28, 2013 4:39 PM

Review by Butterflygirl08 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

So I've been on Tri-Nessa for almost 2 months,and each time i start a new pack i get bad stomach pains and then on week 2 everything is back to normal. Since I've been on it i vomited twice and anytime i eat something my stomach feels empty, even though i ate a lot. My periods have been coming on time and my face is clearing. My only problem is the bad stomach pains.

November 3, 2013 2:11 AM

Review by Lizzie E.:

I've been on TriNessa for about two years and I love it. My skin is clear, my periods are usually only 4 days long with no severe cramps, and I haven't had any noticeable side effects like mood swings or weight gain. In fact I've lost almost thirty pounds in recent months through diet and exercise, so losing weight hasn't been an issue either. I've tried so many kinds of bc (the shot, the ring, other pills) and so far this one is my favorite.

October 26, 2013 8:44 PM

Review by marylikestodraw (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about six years before switching to the IUD, which was awful. I got my IUD taken out, and was put on Trinessa. I love it! I loved Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo a lot, and since getting married, money has become more of a priority. It's free with my insurance! Loving it! Physically, my skin has never been more clear, I have less cramps/breast tenderness, and a shorter, lighter period. It's awesome!

October 17, 2013 2:19 PM

Review by JamminC (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on birth control for about 5 years but I had to switch brands due to Yaz being discontinued. I tried another brand at the beginning of the year with no luck. I've been taking Trinessa for 2 months and I has been awful! I haven't gotten pregnant which is a good thing but the side effects are extreme. I have gained about 5 lbs and I am bloated. I have had very bad cramps; they are so bad that my back even hurts. I have always suffered from migraines and they have been controlled but within the last week they have been awful. I am going to see my gyno next week to explore some other options.

October 15, 2013 5:25 PM

Review by Jf333:

I just started taking TriNessa (I'm on my fourth pill). I'm 21 years old and it's my first time ever taking a birth control pill. So far, I love it! The first couple of days, I experienced a tiny headache. Nothing horrible. I barely even noticed it. I really don't feel any different. So far so good!

October 3, 2013 4:56 AM

Review by ladybug23:

I am 23 with two little girls, got on the pill to have a nice sex life without the fear of becoming pregnant. It's been three months and my boyfriend says I have become real moody. I eat all day everyday if I was not on the pill, I would think I was pregnant. I started out 125lbs and so far I'm still 125 pounds. My skin is glowing and the best news of all I'm not pregnant again but at times I get really sad and depressed. This is something I never experienced in life so I'm dealing with it for now.

September 7, 2013 9:46 PM

Review by CCFL95:

I've been on this medication for about 3 months and so far have had no negative side effects (with the exception of some fatigue)! My acne is clearing up, it's an effective contraceptive, and, to my surprise, I've actually lost weight. Also, my periods are well regulated and much shorter. I switched from the Depo-Provera shot and have been so happy on this pill since.

August 16, 2013 11:32 AM

Review by Phi Kim (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Trinessa for a month and so far everything has been great! I have no mood swings and don't get hungry like crazy. I'm eating the same like I normally do. I have not had any bad side effects, only thing is that my breasts have been so sore ever since I started taking it. But other than that, it is working well for me. And it is also clearing up my face! Before I started taking it, I read reviews and freaked out but I gave it a try and it worked wonderful for my body.

August 14, 2013 11:17 AM

Review by xbabyteena (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was on Tri-Nessa for almost 6 months. It did its job on birth control. My acne was almost gone with this medication, and less hormonal during my time of the month. Worked great for me. No abnormal bleeding with this one. The bad effect that happened to me: During the 6 month period, I had gained 25 pounds. I went from 110 to 135lbs. I wasn't like a twig, I was fit. But then after this, I got tired and just ate all the time. I also would get really nauseous from the first 2 weeks. Works well, but the side effects were bad. Everybody is different, but this is what happened to me.

August 5, 2013 5:03 PM