Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 2 reviews 27 medications

5.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 137 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Norethindrone

Review by Ms. Ambitious:

For Birth Control: I started this birth control 3 weeks ago on the first day of my last period. Everything was good until about 1 week ago I started bleeding again. I have now been bleeding for about 7 days... Its annoying! I hope it stops soon otherwise I will have to find another birth control. I'm happy I didnt gain any weight though!

April 24, 2015 9:32 AM

Review by Mo_T:

For Birth Control: I've been using Lyza for about 9 months. I got a year's supply from Planned Parenthood for free. I haven't had any negative side effects when I take it correctly. I don't bleed as much during my period but my cramps are still the same. My only complaint is if I'm more than 3 hours late taking the pill I will get a period in the next couple of days, regardless of where I am in my cycle.

April 22, 2015 1:38 AM

Review by mmrj (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: Love this. I switched from a combined pill because of migraines, and will never go back. I haven't had a single period on it, which my doctor has informed me is completely normal on this pill. I have not experience mood swings, weight gain, or changes in my skin. The only (slight) drawback of not having a period each month is not knowing for sure that you are not pregnant. For someone like me who is predisposed to anxiety, this can be stressful.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 18, 2015 9:18 AM

Review by Murraighn (taken for less than 1 month):

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been on Lyza for about three weeks now. I could no longer use estrogen because I started developing monstrous headaches and lost my sex drive while on Nuvaring. I was also bloated. So far, everything has been good. I do get nauseous after taking my pill but I can live with that. It has NOT decreased my sex drive, thank goodness. So far I like it. If I stop getting a period while on it I will not continue, however.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 12, 2015 4:10 PM

Review by NikkiKacz:

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking Lyza after being switched from my combination birth control at planned parenthood because of migraines. I had no problems with old pill. Always had clear skin and now I'm constantly broken out. 7lb weight gain, seems to be mostly in my belly. I feel extremely emotional. I took a few different combination pills over 20 years and never noticed any side effects. I'm hoping my body adjusts to the lack of estrogen and weight gain subsides and acne clears up. I'm giving it another month.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 17, 2015 3:12 PM

Review by Rica G:

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking this pill since after daughter was born 18 months ago. I haven't had any problems with it until now. I had a light period that lasted a week in January and another in February around the same time that one was a little heavier. Now it is March and I haven't had a period yet. I hate the inconsistency of it. I've been on time taking it so I know I can't be pregnant. I've never had mood swings with it until here recently. Its a good started pill but I'd prefer something else

March 15, 2015 9:55 PM

Review by APry (taken for less than 1 month):

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I was diagnosed with polycystic ovarian syndrome nearing two years ago. I am also one of those people that ends up having every side effect possible. I haven't had one single side effect which is glorious! I've tried Alesse/Alysena, Yaz, Tri-Cyclen, and some other kind. All with horrible side effects. It's been a week so far and this is beyond the point where I would be searching for another type. Highly recommend.

February 25, 2015 9:40 PM

Review by Jenregen (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: The only negative side effects I've had is longer bleeding per cycle and mood swings when I go off and onto the pill. The mood swings happen with every type of birth control I've used, so that isn't so abnormal. The bleeding is a bit odd but the doctor said it was a normal side effect for the pill.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2015 2:44 PM

Review by JFfksjrie4:

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on this for a month now. No weight gain, which was my main concern for going back on birth control. I also feel the same stress wise, so thats a plus; it hasn't added any extra "craziness" to my life like previous birth control has. However, I haven't had a period yet.. I haven't taken a pregnancy test, but I'm thinking it is just my body just adjusting to it and the normal stress from graduate school. Overall I'm happy with this birth control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 7, 2015 8:26 PM

Review by she she:

For Amenorrhea: Nausea

February 4, 2015 6:31 AM

Review by chrissypoo123 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I at 53 I took Heather for birth control for the last 3 1/2 yrs. My doctor decided that I should not be on the pill anymore and I needed to stop taking them. During the time I was on the pill I never had a period. I loved it, no weight gain, no side effects. Since I have been off of them I still have no period. My doctor said I probably will have gone through menopause and never had the symptoms.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 11:44 PM

Review by SilverLo (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Heather (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I started taking Heather shortly after giving birth so that it wouldn't reduce my milk supply and I've been taking it for over a year now. I am still breast-feeding and have not had a period this entire time. I've also noticed that my moods are greatly restrained, meaning I almost never cry (even when I want to, like funerals), but I also don't get overly happy either. I've been losing weight this whole time (still overweight), which may be related to the breast-feeding or not.

January 23, 2015 5:06 PM

Review by Joanne M. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I had heavy migraines with my previous pill so doctor recommended Jolivette. The migraine was gone for good, no pain at all. But I have side effects. First I don't have my period for 3 months which the doctor says it's common. I also gained weight very fast and gained a lot of abdominal perimeter. And sometimes my mood swings are very intense. Overall this pill treated the pain that I was having, but I feel uncomfortable gaining weight and not being able to control my cycle due to the lack of period. I will be taking it for a couple more months to see if something changes.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 22, 2015 2:08 PM

Review by Trinity P (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been taking the mini pill for three months now! My first period lasted three days with the first day heavy and the rest with spotting. I chose this mini pill for a few reasons. I have 4 day periods with heavy flow and horrible back pain. I love to snowboard so that wasn't going to be okay to be dealing with. As well, my family has a history of mental health to which I don't like to play with the chemistry in my body. So far I've been on it for three months with one period! Of course I'm loving this mini pill but when is my period going to hit?! I haven't gained any weight and my breasts are not tender.

January 13, 2015 11:28 AM

Review by Amanda M. (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love this birth control! I have struggled since I was 16 with finding a birth control that was right for me. I have had so many issues with abnormal bleeding, mood swings, weight gain etc, and have not liked the fact that the long term effects of birth control can lead to heart disease, blood clots and more. This birth control has changed my life. I have lost all of my mood swings, I feel so much better in general, I have lost weight and most of all ladies my sex drive is THROUGH THE ROOF. Not that me or my husband are complaining. It's been a very nice thing. All you have to do is take it every day at the same time. And no matter how busy your schedule you can set a simple alarm on your phone. Try this pill! You won't regret it!

January 10, 2015 9:10 PM

Review by Taral18 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I love this birth control. With all 4 of my children, I start taking this pill daily 6 weeks post partum. I've nursed all my children for over a year. With my first 3, I never had a period until my child weaned around 13 months old. My 4th is 10 month old and I just started a period. Not sure why but not worried about it. This time we also use condoms for extra protection but we didn't with the other 3 and we never had any surprise pregnancies. Effective and I've never had any noticeable side effects other than being less moody and more even keel. Normally no cramping, spotting, nothing. Great method for us. I'll probably continue using it after my dd weans and use condoms as well.

December 21, 2014 12:20 AM

Review by Hmmmm13535 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been on birth control for 10 years and had to switch to a progestin version due to high blood pressure.. I had NO problems with my previous birth control, however with Camila I have not stopped spotting since I started it a month and a half ago. I've had headaches almost every day, and hormonal acne has increased (chin and forehead) also my hair has been falling out in clumps! I've never heard of this before and I'm so frustrated. You have to take it at the same time every day too. I'm stopping it today.

December 17, 2014 1:52 PM

Review by IAmPriscilla (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: The first time I used it after my first pregnancy while breastfeeding, it was great. It even extended my cycle and I'd often have a lighter shorter period every other month. But after my second pregnancy it seems to be doing the oposite! I've already had my period 3 times this month! Don't know what caused it to have a drastic change in side effects for me. Other than, the unpredictable cycle, I've had no other problems with it.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 15, 2014 9:12 PM

Review by Ayil:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Ever since I have been put on this medicine for the abnormal bleeding. I still have been bleeding since then and that was Nov 20th and today is the 6th of Dec. Remember, I was already breakthrough slight spotting when I came in. Now, I am bleeding so heavy.

December 6, 2014 11:48 PM

Review by Emmy3:

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I have been taking Micronor for almost a month now. I used to take Yaz for 2 years but had to stop due to migraines. I've honestly had 0 problems with Micronor, much to my surprise after reading so many negative reviews. I do not have spotting, weight gain, etc. It doesn't help my acne, but I don't think it's making it worse. I think people may be having issues with spotting and heavy bleeding because they are not taking the pill at the exact same time every day. I take it at exactly 6 and have had no problems!

December 5, 2014 9:33 PM

Review by Long term user (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I've been using Camilla for 2-3 years now. I have not had any pregnancies. I am unable to use estrogen pills because of side effects and Camila has been a lot better in terms of that. However, after about a year of using it my periods are incredibly irregular. I'll sometimes get them every two weeks, sometimes I won't have one for 2 months, and sometimes I'll spot all month long. Compared to the estrogen pill problems I had it's okay, but if you're planning on using Camila to regulate periods- good luck.

November 23, 2014 8:12 PM

Review by Shelby5:

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: I immediately noticed ( day 2) small problems but by day 4 , I was feeling very depressed, my hip joint was hurting, had abdominal pain and I was crying so much. My blood pressure also elevated so I had to stop taking it.

November 4, 2014 8:14 PM

Review by AnoukG (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Amenorrhea: I was put on this because I got into a heated argument at where I worked at the time and went to my gyno right after and so my blood pressure was elevated. I told my doctor about what happened but to be safe she put me on this since it doesn't contain estrogen. I LOVED it. I didn't get my period for nearly 2 years. And then I don't know what happened, maybe I wasn't taking it at exactly the same time anymore (actually now that I think of it I wasn't). So my doctor put me on LoSeasonique but I don't want to get my period at all so I think I'm going to go back on this.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2014 1:12 AM

Review by Mhunt73 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: Love this pill...Went on it after both my pregnancies and never had a period. No weight gain, Acne, or anything.

October 28, 2014 6:56 PM

Review by BSF:

For Birth Control: This birth control has been such a great thing! I am acne prone and have broke out badly on every pill/ring I have taken before Lyza. This has made my skin so clear and smooth and has really helped my confidence. It also has stabilized my moods versus other birth control methods. The only downside is occasional spotting but my overall period is much lighter with little to no side effects. Different methods work for different people but if you have skin problems and haven't found a solution yet, try this!

September 29, 2014 1:08 PM