User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 3 reviews 25 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 27 reviews 163 medications

4.2
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 189 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Norethindrone

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I switched from a combined pill to Nora-Be about four months ago because the doctor said I couldn't take estrogen because of chest pain and migraines. The pill is 100% very effective and no mood swings, no migraines. However, the bad side effects were excessive hair shedding I mean more than the normal, excessive bloating even without carb intake. I also had cramping, hardly bleeding just spotting. My period was never on time but can feel the symptoms of PMS. Overall, pill is very effective but excessive hair loss!"

unanimous August 27, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I've only been on the pill for a month and a week and its been good in comparison so the estrogen based birth control I was on previously because I have a sex drive and I'm not flipping out and acting crazy at all - but I keep getting what seems to be my period. I got my period two weeks into the pill and then I got my period again a week later then had a blood free week at the end of the pill pack but I'm coming close to the end of this next week and I'm bleeding again. Is this normal or should I see a doctor? Its really nerve wracking."

ZoDoe August 24, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking these pills for 6 months now and am completely at my wits end; I don't notice any weight gain, though my boobs have grown slightly. However.. The abnormal bleeding is driving me crazy! I am grateful that is the only main side effect but it's a total curse. I am bleeding at least 15-20 days during the month and it's just enough so that I'm always wearing a panty liner. Goes without saying, my boyfriend and I are pretty unhappy with our sex life. I obsessively take the pill every single day at the same time and have never skipped a pill- I STILL find myself bleeding every other week. I am stopping these pills and plan on talking to my doc about my other options; if there are no other options we might stick to condoms only."

SPG1 August 22, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am almost at a month of taking this birth control. 4 days to go. I am also using it to help with Endometriosis. I have had a cycle and it lasted like normal three days and very light which is awesome. Now I have noticed that I have a crazy craving for hot and spicy food like everyday I need to eat something spicy. Other than that craving it works well. If anything changes next month I'll be sure to share my experience."

Miss A87 August 18, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I started this on the first day of my period and experienced very heavy bleeding that didn't let up. I usually bleed for three days and then it's done. On day 6 of heavy bleeding flat out I stopped taking it. Days later I am still spotting."

aunt flo (taken for less than 1 month) August 17, 2015

Camila (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Started this medication 4 months ago as trial/alternative to hysterectomy. Thus far, I have experienced bleeding more than not. (Great way to spend summer!) The abdominal pain & never knowing when you will start to bleed out is awful!! Can't wait to meet with doctor next month & get OFF of this drug :("

SharkMommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 16, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Not good. Within days I am having terrible mood swings. Glad to know I am not the only one. Calling doctor. I'm going to stop taking it. Hope there r other options"

51 August 15, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm taking this for the first time because I'm breastfeeding. I'm at the end of the 4th month. I haven't had a period at all. I've experienced mood fluctuations, moderate acne (unusual for me), hair loss and inability to lose weight. As others have mentioned, I feel hungry often and crave chocolate. I will be discussing other options with my ob/gyn."

kmpr77791215 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2015

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The first 4 or so months on this pill were atrocious. Like everyone says...bleeding/cramping/spotting that did not stop for longer than a few days here and there...but I didn't get any other side effects which is the only reason I stuck with it. Things finally evened out about 5 or 6 months and I'll either get a normal period or nothing at all. The only possible side effect now is it seems I get night sweats around the time I would be PMSing but I got those before this pill. So that could just be me. I also have fibroids and had zero hope for this working for heavy bleeding since Mirena and Lysteda both failed me. I'm happy for now, hopefully it doesn't turn against me!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 12, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "So I have been taking this for about 5 days now and I felt compelled to write a review. I have taken tons of different birth control methods consisting of both hormones of estrogen and progestin. I am pleased to say that so far this has been working well for me. I think it is worth a shot to try but as you know every woman is different. I am still thinking this is too good to be true, but it has been a blessing so far to not wake up dizzy, fatigued, headaches, or nausea. The only things I have noticed so far are some bloating, light spotting, very little fatigue (nothing compared to other birth controls), and a slight stomach cramp before my alarm goes off to take the pill (perhaps when its almost run out?). Worth a try."

Alexi Marie August 11, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Hi. I have taken the pill for 26 days. The 27th, I have decided to stop! I have been bleeding heavily for 26 continuous days, plus cramping, headaches, absolute lack of libido, bigger sore breasts, need to sleep 5 extra hours per day (naps all the time), extreme sadness, vaginal dryness despite the bleeding, heavy legs, general growing fatigue and incapacity to function normally! I switched to another pill (Lolo from Actavis), and so far so good. I am thankful for the reviews here because I did not feel alone or getting crazy with such painful side effects. The extreme sadness was really odd. Lolo is not a mini-pill, but it has a low amount of oestrogen. I am hopeful. I could not move with Micronor despite being very active normally."

Nicole900 August 9, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've had a horrible experience on this pill. I started taking it after my third child and it has absolutely altered my mental wellbeing. I have been depressed, anxious, nervous, angry, it's been a nightmare. Stopping right away, good to know I'm not the only one going through this."

MommyOfSuperKids July 31, 2015

For Birth Control: "I started taking this medicine about 2 months ago and have not had a period since! No weight gain, no cramping, nothing. I love it!"

Cat225 July 31, 2015

For Birth Control: "I just started my 3rd pack of Norethindrone. It's much better than the combo pill I used to take because that made me gain 15 pounds, cry constantly, and give me mood swings.The first month wasn't bad but these last few weeks have been awful. I've bled for at least 20 days out of this month. Sometimes it's light spotting and then sometimes it's heavy DARK blood within days of my normal period ending. I'm constantly paranoid I'm going to bleed through my clothes and having to wear a tampon constantly is annoying and expensive. I've also noticed that my breasts are larger which yeah is kinda nice but none of my bras fit and the past few weeks they've been constantly tender. I'm giving it one more month."

kams2345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am on the third month of this pill. No pregnancy, which is the point and no mood swings or weight gain. BUT ... I am having my period for the third time this month. First month went well, period came on time, lasted a week, second month same thing but this month has been just more than obnoxious. I had my period, then nothing for two days, then slight cramps and another light period for another 4 days, then nothing for about 5 days and yet again cramps today and next thing I know, I'm bleeding again. Hopefully this resolves itself soon. Outside of that, it is as if I'm not taking anything."

ADGJ July 23, 2015

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was recommended the Mirena or Errin because they were non hormonal 2 yrs ago. I chose the Mirena and hated it. I decided to end it with that got pregnant with my 2nd child decided to get on another non hormonal because I'm breastfeeding. This time I chose errin and love it the first 2 months I would get 2 periods instead of 1 it is the same length (3-4 days) and flow since I was younger. As of this month (July) I have not had a period."

Navazquez (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Amenorrhea: "I have never reacted well to hormonal medication. Even on Mirena, I had serious reactions. I expected horrible things from Micronor. I was wrong. After 3 weeks of headaches and sore breasts, I felt better than normal. My skin has cleared up, I've lost 10lbs, gained a cup size, and my libido has increased. Most importantly, my periods have become regular, lowering my cancer risks. While I wish it didn't function as birth control, it's an acceptable side effect for me right now, as there are no medications for this that aren't birth control!"

Kate Manson July 16, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've tried many, many forms of BCPs. Having given up hope that I could find a decent pill that didn't cause weight gain and depression, I made an appointment to get a Mirena IUD or the implanon. I asked my doctor one more time if she thought there were any low-dose options I should try and she put me on this. So far so good. I can normally tell what the side effects are very quickly upon trying a new pill. This one seems fine so far and it's only been a few weeks. With all pills containing estrogen I feel very foggy, a bit depressed, my athleticism suffers, I don't sleep as well, and I gain weight. I already lost 3 pounds when switching to this pill without any dietary changes. I feel great when climbing/hiking/running."

Rachel99508 July 15, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "25 yo married with no kids. I took Nora-Be for almost a year. Spotting and irregularity for the first 3 months, as expected. Periods became more consistent after that (and lighter), but I still had them every month (not a big deal to me). The thing I did have a problem with was the extreme mood swings and increased yeast infections. My doctor and my husband didn't believe me about the mood swings, but I knew I wasnt *really* that emotionally unstable! I kept going with it because I didn't stand up for myself, until I went and spoke to two different pharmacists. They were the first ones to believe me about the mood swings, so I finally got the courage to stop Nora-Be. I am on a different POP (for almost a year now) and no more mood swings!"

JD. July 15, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 38 years old and have been taking Nora-BE for 10 months. I have never been pregnant, and do not plan to have children. I chose this pill because I was looking for a progestin only option with low hormones. My Dr also suggested it as a safer option because I am a smoker. Overall, my experience has been pretty positive on this pill. Way less mood swings than other pills I have been on. I get a period about every 28 days for about 5-6 days that is heavy for about 3 days and lighter the last 3 days. No spotting between periods. My sex drive increased after the first month and has remained strong. Some breast tenderness and back pain about a week before my period. Worst part: weight gain of 15 lbs and some facial hair and acne."

Coloradolady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "All the other reviews make this pill sound horrid. I have been on this pill for two years. Let me tell you, the first few months of taking this pill is hell. Complete hell. I had a period every other week, I broke out, I gained weight, I had mood swings. I talked to my doctor too switch but he insisted I stay on it. And I did. Months went by and the side effects went away. My period just kinda comes and go's when it wants. But other than that its fantastic. I take it everyday at the the same time. Stick with it and all will be fine :)"

ZombieGirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I at the age of 47, starting having heavy bleeding for two days of my five day cycle. I took this medication on for two days and I am now on my seventh day of bleeding. Which I'm bleeding longer and waking up sweating. I am going to stop taking it."

Con47 July 5, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am twenty-two years old and I started taking the pill on the last day of my period (May 12th). I bleed six to nine days later (May 18th - May 21st, can't remember exactly). I also bleed nine days after that (May 30th), twenty three days after that (June 22nd), and today is twelve days since then (July 4th). Every time it was heavy bleeding and has seemed like a period. There has been severe cramping as usual and I feel awful and it's worse because it's happening so much more than before! Each time I have bleed has lasted two to seven days. This pill is frustrating because I cannot tell what is my period and what is the in-between bleeding!! It seems to have worsened my depression, too.."

OchaObsessed July 4, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "The first year was fine but now I'm constantly bleeding have constant spots on my face which I've never had. I have also gained a lot of weight inexplicably which just makes me constantly think it's baby weight which is not good at all! Better than the IUD by a long shot though"

Anonymous July 4, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This medicine makes me have long periods. I used to be able to use another birth control pill with estrogen that was awesome but then had a brain injury and was placed on this. I used to have severe heavy bleeding due to fibroids. With this medicine I have periods for 2-3 weeks straight. I do not like it. It's not fun having a period for half the month. I think I'm going to stop taking it."

Jelly Bean345678 July 4, 2015