User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 3 reviews 25 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 23 reviews 163 medications

4.7
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 178 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Norethindrone

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've had a horrible experience on this pill. I started taking it after my third child and it has absolutely altered my mental wellbeing. I have been depressed, anxious, nervous, angry, it's been a nightmare. Stopping right away, good to know I'm not the only one going through this."

MommyOfSuperKids July 31, 2015

For Birth Control: "I started taking this medicine about 2 months ago and have not had a period since! No weight gain, no cramping, nothing. I love it!"

Cat225 July 31, 2015

For Birth Control: "I just started my 3rd pack of Norethindrone. It's much better than the combo pill I used to take because that made me gain 15 pounds, cry constantly, and give me mood swings.The first month wasn't bad but these last few weeks have been awful. I've bled for at least 20 days out of this month. Sometimes it's light spotting and then sometimes it's heavy DARK blood within days of my normal period ending. I'm constantly paranoid I'm going to bleed through my clothes and having to wear a tampon constantly is annoying and expensive. I've also noticed that my breasts are larger which yeah is kinda nice but none of my bras fit and the past few weeks they've been constantly tender. I'm giving it one more month."

kams2345 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am on the third month of this pill. No pregnancy, which is the point and no mood swings or weight gain. BUT ... I am having my period for the third time this month. First month went well, period came on time, lasted a week, second month same thing but this month has been just more than obnoxious. I had my period, then nothing for two days, then slight cramps and another light period for another 4 days, then nothing for about 5 days and yet again cramps today and next thing I know, I'm bleeding again. Hopefully this resolves itself soon. Outside of that, it is as if I'm not taking anything."

ADGJ July 23, 2015

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was recommended the Mirena or Errin because they were non hormonal 2 yrs ago. I chose the Mirena and hated it. I decided to end it with that got pregnant with my 2nd child decided to get on another non hormonal because I'm breastfeeding. This time I chose errin and love it the first 2 months I would get 2 periods instead of 1 it is the same length (3-4 days) and flow since I was younger. As of this month (July) I have not had a period."

Navazquez (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 20, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Amenorrhea: "I have never reacted well to hormonal medication. Even on Mirena, I had serious reactions. I expected horrible things from Micronor. I was wrong. After 3 weeks of headaches and sore breasts, I felt better than normal. My skin has cleared up, I've lost 10lbs, gained a cup size, and my libido has increased. Most importantly, my periods have become regular, lowering my cancer risks. While I wish it didn't function as birth control, it's an acceptable side effect for me right now, as there are no medications for this that aren't birth control!"

Kate Manson July 16, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've tried many, many forms of BCPs. Having given up hope that I could find a decent pill that didn't cause weight gain and depression, I made an appointment to get a Mirena IUD or the implanon. I asked my doctor one more time if she thought there were any low-dose options I should try and she put me on this. So far so good. I can normally tell what the side effects are very quickly upon trying a new pill. This one seems fine so far and it's only been a few weeks. With all pills containing estrogen I feel very foggy, a bit depressed, my athleticism suffers, I don't sleep as well, and I gain weight. I already lost 3 pounds when switching to this pill without any dietary changes. I feel great when climbing/hiking/running."

Rachel99508 July 15, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "25 yo married with no kids. I took Nora-Be for almost a year. Spotting and irregularity for the first 3 months, as expected. Periods became more consistent after that (and lighter), but I still had them every month (not a big deal to me). The thing I did have a problem with was the extreme mood swings and increased yeast infections. My doctor and my husband didn't believe me about the mood swings, but I knew I wasnt *really* that emotionally unstable! I kept going with it because I didn't stand up for myself, until I went and spoke to two different pharmacists. They were the first ones to believe me about the mood swings, so I finally got the courage to stop Nora-Be. I am on a different POP (for almost a year now) and no more mood swings!"

JD. July 15, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm 38 years old and have been taking Nora-BE for 10 months. I have never been pregnant, and do not plan to have children. I chose this pill because I was looking for a progestin only option with low hormones. My Dr also suggested it as a safer option because I am a smoker. Overall, my experience has been pretty positive on this pill. Way less mood swings than other pills I have been on. I get a period about every 28 days for about 5-6 days that is heavy for about 3 days and lighter the last 3 days. No spotting between periods. My sex drive increased after the first month and has remained strong. Some breast tenderness and back pain about a week before my period. Worst part: weight gain of 15 lbs and some facial hair and acne."

Coloradolady (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 12, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "All the other reviews make this pill sound horrid. I have been on this pill for two years. Let me tell you, the first few months of taking this pill is hell. Complete hell. I had a period every other week, I broke out, I gained weight, I had mood swings. I talked to my doctor too switch but he insisted I stay on it. And I did. Months went by and the side effects went away. My period just kinda comes and go's when it wants. But other than that its fantastic. I take it everyday at the the same time. Stick with it and all will be fine :)"

ZombieGirl (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I at the age of 47, starting having heavy bleeding for two days of my five day cycle. I took this medication on for two days and I am now on my seventh day of bleeding. Which I'm bleeding longer and waking up sweating. I am going to stop taking it."

Con47 July 5, 2015

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am twenty-two years old and I started taking the pill on the last day of my period (May 12th). I bleed six to nine days later (May 18th - May 21st, can't remember exactly). I also bleed nine days after that (May 30th), twenty three days after that (June 22nd), and today is twelve days since then (July 4th). Every time it was heavy bleeding and has seemed like a period. There has been severe cramping as usual and I feel awful and it's worse because it's happening so much more than before! Each time I have bleed has lasted two to seven days. This pill is frustrating because I cannot tell what is my period and what is the in-between bleeding!! It seems to have worsened my depression, too.."

OchaObsessed July 4, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "The first year was fine but now I'm constantly bleeding have constant spots on my face which I've never had. I have also gained a lot of weight inexplicably which just makes me constantly think it's baby weight which is not good at all! Better than the IUD by a long shot though"

Anonymous July 4, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This medicine makes me have long periods. I used to be able to use another birth control pill with estrogen that was awesome but then had a brain injury and was placed on this. I used to have severe heavy bleeding due to fibroids. With this medicine I have periods for 2-3 weeks straight. I do not like it. It's not fun having a period for half the month. I think I'm going to stop taking it."

Jelly Bean345678 July 4, 2015

Sharobel (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "This is my first month on the pill to help stop my periods. I was okay for the first two weeks of taking the pill,no problem whatsoever, apart from increases cup size from a D to DD (also they feel fuller too, which can be very uncomfortable). I always take the medicine on time ,until the third week, where I had to go on a trip, and I would end up taking the pill maybe like 20 mins to half an hour later. And almost instantly after my 4 day trip , I started spotting and a day later it switched to a full blown period(cramps and heavy flow). It's been a week since all this began and as of tonight it will be switching to week 2. I don't know if it's because I was a few minutes late or what, but this is very annoying .."

concernedfirsttimeuser June 29, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on regular pills for about 25 years without issue. I just finished my first pack of this and am not sure I want to start my second. I have been so irrationally angry, stressed and depressed this last month. Angry over little things to the point of not sleeping several nights. I honestly was very concerned about what was happening to me. Also had very sore nipples and am super hungry all the time. So happy to find that others experienced this and I'm not losing my mind!!! I did not get my period which is usual for me but I do have cramps."

MzDeeBee June 28, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm taking Nora-B for almost 2 years. First year was great 8 months no period and than suddenly the period start to show up every 6 months, than 3 months. So I'm asking if I'm taking this pill everyday at the same time and period is coming. Some headaches with it. So 'Im not happy at all. Thinking to change for another pill. Maybe the body got tired of taking the same one."

Jade67 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2015

Errin (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I'm at the end of my 2nd month. First month was on the .25 dose. Gained 4-5 pounds in the first 2 weeks! I'm very petite and have been the same weight for 20 years so this was a huge drawback. My Dr. changed me to the .35 dose and still the same weight but now more pimples and bled for 2 weeks. Also, I think this pill makes me feel kind of BLAH and empty inside. Could be environmental factors but I think I'll be switching soon!"

FoolMeOnceAgain June 25, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I have been taking Norethindrone for 6 weeks now, even though I don't get the heavy period with excruciating pain it is annoying having period for 6 weeks. I am 38 yrs old and have been suffering with endometriosis since I was a teenager. My gyne told me it can take up to 2 months for bleeding to stop. I have an appointment with my Gyne in two weeks and will definitely ask for something else if bleeding doesn't stop."

tammy21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 19, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "This birth control is great if enjoy bleeding 26 of 28 days. I was put on this to control my bleeding. Now I just bleed every day."

Mollz June 18, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "My experience with this pill has been okay but my periods do last longer now for about 8 days and I also spot in between which is very annoying. I also take the pill at the same time everyday. I don't think I'll be staying on this pill for to much longer."

Jaylove23 June 16, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am 25 years old, female, no kids. Tried combination pill for 2 months about 5 years ago, absolutely hated it so no BC other than condoms since then. I started Nora-Be a month ago about a week after end of period. Waited 3 days before having unprotected sex, no problem. Just had my period as scheduled this past week, was slightly lighter but still lasted 6 days total as usual. Some cramps the first couple of days. The only obvious side effects the first 2 weeks was dryness/itchiness down there and slight increase in moodiness but all is good now."

Kay-bay June 15, 2015

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on Nora-Be for 4 months now. For the first 3 months, the spotting seemed never-ending. It would stop for a few days and then start again. It was so annoying feeling like I should always keep a tampon in, just in case. I've gotten increased acne, but not too bad. I've also had an increased appetite and gained about 15lbs! Major bummer! I wasn't eating well either, but I've NEVER gained weight this fast! This past month, no spotting. My period actually came a couple weeks later than expected. I almost thought I was pregnant. This pill was useful as birth control- 2 stars for that. But now I've been experiencing mood swings and depression in overdrive. I cry so easily and so often now. I'm planning on trying the full pill."

CherryOnTop82295 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been on jolivette for almost a year now and love it. I may go 6-8 weeks between bleeding so i take home tests just to rule out pregnancy. So far, so good!"

HM530 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 2, 2015

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on micronor for about 4 months, the first 3 months were perfect getting my period roughly a month apart at a time. This past month it seems I have gotten my period every other week! Which is annoying!! My MD said it may take around 3 months to regulate my cycle but it seems my body is doing the opposite. Frustrated because I smoke and this birth control was the safest option for me. Looks like things have to change. "

consistently inconsistent (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2015