User Reviews for Norethindrone

Also known as: Aygestin, Camila, Deblitane, Errin, Heather, Jencycla, Jolivette, Lyza, Nor-QD, Nora-Be, Norlyroc, Ortho Micronor, Sharobel

Learn more about Norethindrone.

Amenorrhea 4 reviews 25 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 35 reviews 162 medications

4.3
Summary of Norethindrone reviews 260 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Norethindrone

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Awful. Horrendous mood swings. Depression. Anxiety. Night sweats."

AlleyCat1114 February 9, 2016

For Birth Control: "I had been on Seasonique for a number of years, but since going into Peri- Menopause, my OBGYN felt the added estrogen was no longer in my best interest health wise. I began taking Errin three months ago and am so happy with the results! I've had no period (not pregnant), not even break through bleeding. The bloat is gone and I've since lost seven pounds. I also have more energy and my mood is so much better. This has been a life save for me!!!"

Cheryl1966 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I am not allowed to take a combo pill because I have migraines. I started micronor and it has been terrible. I get my period every two weeks, my breasts are extremely sore all of the time and I'm constantly spotting. I am also irritable, moody and have cramps all of the time. Before I started it my period was always on time...predictable to the hour it started. I don't think it's worth bleeding constantly and being irritable and depressed...so I have stopped. Back to condoms it is."

Jabba Puff Puff February 5, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been using this pill for quite sometime now, I'm 24 years old and this is the only birth control I'm allowed on since I had a stroke back in 2012. And honestly it's terrible I don't stop bleeding on it. I actually use this pill to stop my bleeding. How so exactly? Well I use it to get a period, and when I stop using it my period stops for about a month or two and I have to take the pill to get my period again. It's a pain in the ass and confusing! However, I've never given the pill a fair shot, I've only stayed faithful on it for 2 months and my period wouldn't stop so I just stopped using it and my period went away. Idk what else to use."

Santi-J (taken for less than 1 month) February 5, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Second time trying this pill first time was awesome no periods at all but this time around (2 years later) I'm having breakthrough bleeding and I'm noticing I'm more moody than usual. I'm going to finish my pack off, I don't like it so then I'm going to try something different"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 1, 2016

For Birth Control: "I started taking this pill over a year and a half ago for birth control. I've always had somewhat irregular periods. The first couple of months were awful. I had my period every two weeks. I called my OB to get a prescription of Provera to stop the bleeding . After a few months the bleeding stopped and I stopped getting my period! I've only had it twice in the last year and a half, and only when I messed up taking my pills on time. They were very light and short, compared to long and heavy before I started taking the pills. Its been great not having a period! I haven't had any other side effects, except recently my blood pressures been a bit on the high side, but I am also under a lot of stress, so I don't know if its from the pills."

k bunny January 30, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "The very next morning after I started taking this birth control I started very heavy bleeding which was accompanied by big thick clots. I started it at my 6 week post partum appaointment after seeing Dr and every thing was clear and looked good. I had not been bleeding at all. I am exclusively breastfeeding so only reason I decided to take this one. I have no doubts of its effectiveness of preventing pregnancy, but I have only ever had a baby when trying. I think personally for me the side effects were too much. I was effected by so many of them in such a short time. Increased hunger, non stop bleeding, sore breasts, breaking out on face, and I'm 30yo, don't need that. Seen dr again and no problems still, just pill. I stopped and very next day bleeding stopped"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this bc for 2 and a half weeks and so far the only thing that I have experienced is breast tenderness and more tired than usual. I'll give another update after a month. I take it the same time every night around 12 midnight."

Anonymous January 27, 2016

For Birth Control: "My Dr prescribed this because I am breastfeeding. I was hoping that this would work for me but unfortunately I decided to stop taking this BC due to side effects. I've been taking this only for two days but I'm experiencing dizziness, nausea and mood swings already. I feel like I'm not myself. I can't control my emotion. I can't tolerate hearing my kids screaming and crying at all. It lowered my milk production, too. My baby became super fussy. I'm going back to work soon so I really can't be like this. I am done taking it."

Hate this January 25, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking this birth control for about 6 weeks now. My doctor prescribed this to me because I was having horrible migraines with one I was taking before. I haven't had my period yet, but have been spotting randomly since I started the pills. I used to have regular periods, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get them at all anymore. Not having the intense cramping every month like I used to is nice though. I haven't experienced any weight gain, or hair loss. Side effects that I have noticed are emotional. I have been experiencing severe mood swings, anxiety, fatigue, and depression. I know that I'm not pregnant, but this birth control makes me feel as though I am. Not sure if I'll continue taking it, for side effects may not be worth it."

Conflicted (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have to take it because I can't take the regular birth control pills with estrogen. It's nice in the fact that I only get my period once every 3-6 months, but that can also make me a bit paranoid about being pregnant. I've just learned to trust the pill and take it perfectly on time. I haven't made any lifestyle changes, but in the past couple of months I've gained about 20 pounds seemingly out of nowhere. Not sure if it's because I've been on the pill for a year now or not, but the timing was strange because I started gaining weight after exactly a year on it. That's the only reason I didn't give it a 10. Weight gain aside, my periods are only about three times a year and only 2-4 days when I do get them. So that's a nice benefit."

AlFr January 21, 2016

For Birth Control: "I've been on the pill for 3 months now and its worst pill ever!!! Never in my life have I ever seen so much hair fall out until I started taking this pill. Aside from that I've gotten bad acne. Weight gain is ridiculous and it makes you feel so emotional. I wouldn't suggest this pill for any woman to use it even if you are breastfeeding. Just use a condom or any other birth control."

dazydukes January 19, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "Awful!!! Worst acne of my life, heavy periods, weight gain, and discharge. Been taking for 3 months and stopped now for a week face is finally clearing up. Won't take it again."

Jenrose91 January 19, 2016

Nora-Be (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "I've only been on this medication 1 wk and I've gained 10lb..I haven't gained weight in over 5yrs. I'm extremely bloated, water retention, headaches and severe cramping..I want to give it a chance but I'm 42 and these symptoms aren't tolerable. I feel bipolar and on edge..I'm scatter brained and very emotional....no bueno!!!"

Anonymous January 15, 2016

For Birth Control: "I had been on an estrogen pill for 8 years, but new onset of migraines prompted my doc to give me this one. (Jencycla) My hair started falling out, I got acne that I'd never had before, and strong carb/salt cravings. The worst was that my lady bits were soooo dry, it was uncomfortable and sex was horrible. I got the skyla IUd and all my issues began to resolve within that week of being off jencycla."

Pandapandaaaa January 14, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on it for a couple months. My cycle came 2 weeks early and hasn't stopped. I've been bleeding consistently for about 3 weeks. I've had a few pimples which is unusual for me. My appetite has stayed pretty consistent, I haven't had access to a scale for a month or more, so I'm not sure if I gained weight, but my clothes fit the same and I work out regular, so I don't think I have. If so I don't notice. If my boyfriend was squeamish about blood I would be hating life right now. I've used the nuva ring awhile back, I didn't have any bleeding/spotting issues, but it made me crazy. I would cry for hours for no reason. I have felt mentally ok so far on Lyza, but I'm not sure how long I can take the seemingly eternal cycle."

T. Tryingitout (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been taking Lyza for almost year now and I've had the usual irregular spotting throughout the months! I used to be on Ortho Micronor and I had the same experience. The only difference I've noticed is that the irregular bleeding went from one whole month of spotting to every other week! Has anyone else experience this? Also, has anyone gotten depressed from this? I've been taking it for 11 months and up until last month it had no affect on my mood. But suddenly, I've been feeling pretty down and I'm wondering if birth control could be a suspect..."

belleoftheball January 13, 2016

Camila (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill for a month and a half over that time I lost what feels like half the thickness of my hair, clumps falling out everyday. I decided to stop the pill to see if it was the true cause and 4 days later my hair stopped falling out. I would not recommend this pill to anyone"

Jenna1221 January 10, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I've been on this medication for almost 13 months. My OB/GYN thought this was a good fit for me being that I'm a nursing mom. I am back down to my pre pregnancy weight, no acne issues like others have experienced and no mood changes as I did with the Depo Shot. All in all my experiences have been good and positive but each person is different."

Lisa Marie85 January 9, 2016

Lyza (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I was on this pill a year and a half ago, I had no insurance at the time so I went to planned parenthood and they put me on this due to migraines. Biggest mistake ever. I have never in my life had breakouts, once I was on this pill I broke out every single day. I tried giving it 6 months to see if it was from being new to my body and it only got worse. I finally got off of it and my face got better, but it took 3 months. I'm on skyla now, but ever since that pill my face has never been the same."

Anonymous January 8, 2016

For Birth Control: "I took this birth control for two months. I have a very regular periods each month, which are naturally heavy and painful cramps. Since the pill my periods were a bit lighter. I did have light cramps but not as bad like normal. I was only happy with that part. My mood swings were ridiculous, I am normally a happy person and chill. Since the pill I would cry about every single thing (I am not a crying type of person) the smallest things would make me so angry it was scary I could not control my anger at all. I had no sex drive what so ever, my head/eyes would bother me often, I became depressed and completely unhappy with life. I could not stand the way it made me feel so I no longer take it."

Jay123456789 January 7, 2016

Ortho Micronor (norethindrone) for Birth Control: "I have been taking this pill for the past 3 years. I had been on a different pill before that uses a different combo of hormones. I started Micronor because the other birth control made me have high levels of anxiety. Ever since I switched it has been great! No pregnancies and I honestly do not take it at the same time every night. Anywhere between 9pm and 1am. It has in fact stopped my period which is worrisome sometimes because it tells you you're not pregnant; however, I was very irregular even before birth control. To everyone there I love this product!"

Em34 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 5, 2016

Aygestin (norethindrone) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Stopped the bleeding but had dizziness and mood swings. Even one out burst of anger. Also abdominal cramps. But for one week so far 100 times better then the last 2 months of bleeding. I am 58 and use an estrogen patch. Also prometrium but not enough to balance the unopposed estrogen which caused a thickening of the lining."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: "Have been on this birth control for about 2 months for ovarian cysts. It has worked great at reducing the cysts on my ovary. But I literally get my period every 2 weeks and constantly have to wear a pantiliner due to constant spotting, or should I say gushing. I have noticed that I haven't been able to sleep very well or very long, which since reading other reviews, I think is due to this contraceptive. Just recently, as I had ended my second pack, my breasts and nipples became VERY sensitive and sore to the point I had to take an anti-inflammatory to reduce swelling and discomfort. I have mixed feelings about this birth control, but it has helped my cramps immensely!! So if you can get thru the breast tenderness and constant bleeding, it's AMAZING!"

Mrs. Mathis (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 4, 2016

Jolivette (norethindrone) for Amenorrhea: "Began taking this a month ago for heavy periods and cysts. Not sure if I want to start the second pack after having an ocular migraine for 4 days. I take this like clockwork every night. Haven't had a period yet, no other side effects. Not sure if it's worth it, migraine or massive heavy periods? I'd almost rather have to wear 2 pads than be out for 4 plus days and counting with this migraine."

Bkittinger January 2, 2016