User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Endometriosis 8 reviews 161 medications

5.6
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sprintec reviews 366 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Sprintec

"This drug made me crazy. Horrible mood swings, leg aches, crying spells, insomnia. Yikes!"

Christina001 June 26, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this certain kind of BC for about 3 months now. The pill does its job, by I constantly feel sick to my stomach and have absolutely no appetite. I have to make myself eat during the day. Everyone's body adjusts differently, but I wouldn't recommend."

KB2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "this is my first birth control method I used and I've been on it for 5 months now. it's work perfect, periods are like and I barely get cramps. I did gain weight from this but that was the point of me getting on it other than for my period. I definitely recommend it"

dawg c June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm twenty-five-years old and still suffer from mild, cystic acne. I did my research as far as using a contraceptive to combat acne goes and found that using a monophasic pill (which keeps your hormone levels at an even keel throughout the month), such as Sprintec, can sometimes be the best choice for young women. I've been on this birth control for about three months. It has cleared my skin like no other birth control pill I've used before. Another positive side effect as a result of taking Sprintec has been my breasts. I've gone up an entire cup size, with very little weight gain elsewhere. Cons: nausea. If I don't take the pill around the same time every day, and/or I take it on an empty stomach, this stuff makes me nauseous."

MichelleCaroline (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I have taken Sprintec for over a year now. Biggest side affect i had was with my hair and nails. For this first month I thought I might loose all my hair, but it just got a lot thinner, which is ok for me because I had really thick hair. My nails became softer and have very small ridges. They tear easy now, but the debilitating cramping has completed subsided which is why I take the pills. No weight gain, nausea or mood changes for me."

ta605438 June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "My insurance no longer covers Ortho Tri-Cyclen LO so I had to switch to Sprintec, which I assume is the generic version. The first thing I noticed is that the pills were quite a bit larger which may have no effect on anything at all. I have been experiencing severe nausea, as well as loss of appetite and fatigue. I understand that it probably takes some time for the body to get used to the hormones. However, I am surprised at how strong my symptoms are, considering I never went off BC entirely, just switched brands. I learned early on to take BC medication before bed to ease the nausea, but this really hasn't helped with the Sprintec. I look forward to the improvement in my complexion that others have reported!"

Brandi Carmella June 15, 2015

For Birth Control "This was a great BC. I had absolutely no cramping while on my period, no weight gain and beautiful skin. I had no side effects. My period became regulated and I felt absolutely nothing while it was on."

Kblocker95 June 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I started using Sprintec after requesting a pill that helped reduce acne. 1st month I was on the pill I was extremely nauseated without vomiting during the day. It gradually decreased and I currently experience no nausea at all in my 3rd month. Literally the only other con of this pill is that I have gained about 5-7 lbs. which is significant for me because I am 5'0 and have always maintained the exact same weight. On the bright side, my skin is MUCH clear with very few breakouts (they are somewhat more frequent when I am on my period). I have NO cramps which is huge for me because they used to be almost debilitating. My bra cup size has also increase from a "B" to a "C", and I feel less moody while on my period."

ana91 June 9, 2015

For Birth Control "im 21 and this is my very first time being on any kind of BC, so I was extremly nervous. I did tons of research on many different brands of pills and finally came across ortho cyclen; which had wonderful reviews. I asked my doctor specifically for the ortho cyclen brand pill. I went to the pharmacy to pick up my rx and ended up getting sprintec, the generic brand. I was told it was the same ingredients as ortho. whatever. :/ This week marks my first month on sprintec and the first week was ROUGH. Nausea and vomiting every morning, disorientation, fatigue. HUGE loss of apetite. Which is not good in my case, being that I was 105lbs when I started. I have to force myself to eat now. Loss of apetite is the only side effect I cant deal with."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 8, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "about to start my third month on sprintec. i have lost about 12 pounds since starting the pill. im not sure if its because of the pills but my diet has not changed, i still eat alot and i dont workout. i have fibroids and the reason i started was to help with bleeding in which it really hasnt helped much with but my cramps are not as bad, im not as moody as before, and it has helped with bloating. i guess its different for everyone so i would recommend trying it."

sharee804 June 4, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on sprintec for about 3 years and felt absolutely nothing during intercourse which made me depressed. I would tell my doctors but they were no help whatsoever. They never told me it was the pill that was the problem, which it was!"

Anonymous June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control literally made me insane and depressed . Throwing it away was the best thing I've ever done !!!! Please be careful"

shannonnnnnnnn June 2, 2015

For Birth Control "I been on sprintec for about it 3 months and its works good. But I hate the cramps I get when I'm on my period. I recommend it for anybody who needs a good birth control."

codys girlfriend May 23, 2015

For Birth Control "I been on it for about 5 years now its been good but lately each time I take it I feel like throwing up. I am wondering if I should switch. I do recommend it but watch your side effects as years are passing."

Juhf May 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been in this BC for about 8 months now. And it is perfect ! I take my pills everyday at the SAME time. I've gained a couple pounds but not to many. No pain or blooding. My cycle comes the same time every month. Very light for about 3-5 days. I have experienced a lil nausea after taking my pills if I hadn't eaten yet. So I recommend eating and staying hydrated with this BC. But over all I think this is a very good BC for anyone. No major side effects. I really recommend !!"

Te_te May 20, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I started Sprintec about two weeks ago. I started taking it because of my irregular periods and painful cramps. So far I have had little symptoms but nothing huge. I have been spotting brown discharge since my last period everyday. That's kind of annoying and I hope it goes away. And my breasts have been tender in the morning. Other than that, I haven't had any weight gain and my mood has been good. So far this pill has been great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I been on sprintec for about 3 weeks and it works great and my period is reg. I have not been sick or had any negative side effects at all. But, my acne have been clearing up, decrease of appetite, and a little moody for the first four hours after I taken the pill. I love this birth control since the ring made me really sick, gain weight, intense headaches, and made me bleed for two months straight at a time. I would recommend that you eat something before taking the pill to avoid headaches. Other than that it isn't all bad for me. I think everyone need to experience it for themselves instead of believing everything you hear or read because every experience is different. I had read over half of these reviews before I decided to take sprinte"

bright star 3456 May 14, 2015

For Birth Control "Honestly I absolutely love it!!! Its the only pills that have worked for me"

Ejkfhkthduylg; May 13, 2015

For Birth Control "I hate it. It has honestly made me crazy. Do not recommend it at ALL."

D Marie May 7, 2015

For Birth Control "Pro's -Regular cycle -No Cramps -No Acne (other than a couple bumps a month) -decreased period strength Cons -Morning Sickness (Felt nauseous anytime I had an empty stomach) -Decreased sex drive -Painful sex (unless there was a lot of foreplay) -Remembering to take a pill on time, if you didn't your period could last 2 weeks Notes -Period would start the 3 days after taking the white pills."

Lisa Nena April 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I have just a few days left from my first pack. I've tried almost everything, other pills, patch, depo, ring and this is by far the best BC for me. I've had no side effects!!! Best of all no spotting. I got my period yesterday and it's so light. I am getting the Mirena IUD next week because I'm a busy mom of 2 and don't like having to remember to take the pill every day at the same time but if the IUD doesn't work out I will for sure being going back to Sprintec :)"

Sam A April 27, 2015

For Birth Control "First month on this pill no weight gain so far . I have noticed that my appetite increased a tad start my second pack tomorrow period came on for 4 days this month and was heavy for 3 of the days. Walmart fills it for free with my insurance. Acne is slowly clearing up"

KweenK (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I took Sprintec for 3 years, it was my first birth control. When I first got on it I had cramping for about a week and then it was fine. My periods came like clock work every month! I gained no weight and it helped stop my breakouts. Overall I have no complaints about this pill, until recently... Randomly I started bleeding. I had a period for about a month, give or take a few days when it would stop. Because of that I have now switched pills because I just need higher estrogen. This pill is great & I would recommend it to anyone!"

KristenR April 17, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "I switched to Sprintec after being on Minastrin for about three months - with Minastrin I was a moody mess and spotted non-stop. Sprintec has been the answer to my birth control prayers! I'm about to start my third month on it and have not had any crazy symptoms. I'd say that my boobs do get sore during the first week of active pills, but it's not unbearable. My cramps on this pill are a dull ache and my periods are very light. I've actually lost weight, but I don't think that's because of the pill (I've been exercising frequently). I took a pill a few years ago that made me gain weight even though I was working out, so this is a major improvement in my eyes!"

Anon200090 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking Sprintec for about 3 weeks, haven't even started my period pills yet. So far I am pleased with the results, I was getting the Depo shot before I switched to Sprintec. I switched because I never stopped bleeding on the Depo shot for almost a year I bled. So far, no side effects, no weight gain, no headaches or nausea, and I actually think it is helping clear what little acne I had."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015