User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Endometriosis 7 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sprintec reviews 288 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Sprintec

Review by AshBrad:

For Birth Control: This is my first birth control and I've been on it for almost two years. It has helped my acne I little bit but I'm also on acne medication. Weight gain has been maybe 5-7 pounds gained. The only thing I really don't like about this birth control is it gives you symptoms as if you were pregnant even if you are not and they come mainly one to two weeks before my period. Periods are always consistent. Other than everything bad, It's doing it's job at not allowing me to get pregnant so that's good!

July 21, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by Jessica47 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I switched to Sprintec (because it was cheap) from Amethia after losing my insurance. I began experiencing acne breakouts on my face and very sudden mood swings, which I had not experienced on Amethia. I am no longer using Sprintec because the side effects are not worth it.

July 20, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Dniece 18, (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is my third month and honestly I love it, it's perfect for me but you know what they always say "birth control does work differently on different women" mainly because we all have different reactions to Sprintec. BUT! The "Cons" about this pill. Yes ladies, your breasts will be swore most of the time! Well that's for me basically but other then that, I haven't been feeling nauseous as much though, but that's only when it's close to my period, I don't get headaches, no swelling, no gain in weight, it's just perfect for me. Oh & the most important thing I Love love Love about this pill, ladies if you have bad cramps let's say, 1-10 a 8-10 I highly recommend this pill because by the first month my cramps wasn't bad at all it went to a 5.

July 19, 2014 1:21 AM

Review by itiscrazyithink (taken for 10 years or more):

For Birth Control: I have been on this specific brand for over 10 years. Take it every night before I go to bed. I have had weight gain but its a maintained gain but its been 100% effective, never been pregnant! My sexual urges visit me usually in my 2nd week after my period, so hasn't completely killed my libido. Normal periods lasting from Wednesday to Sunday... Been fabulous for me!

July 15, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by Syd0001:

For Birth Control: I was nervous to start taking birth control after reading up on all of the side effects and being the worrier that I am. However, I've been taking Sprintec for 5 months now and it hasn't had any negative side effects. I'm very relieved. I would recommend this brand to anyone looking into birth control. It has helped my minor acne greatly and also lightened my very heavy period so that now it is average and doesn't last 8 days! I would recommend setting an alarm on your phone for the same time every day so you remember to take it. It was definitely a great decision to start taking Sprintec. Best of luck!

July 14, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Brittbrat (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've been on this for about a month now. I'm 25 and my sex drive is almost completely gone. I started it before my period so my doctor said that my period would be late. I was fine with that. It wasn't late I started out with spotting and then what was like a normal flow. I'm now going on almost 2 weeks of bleeding. I hardly ever get cramps and on this it's pretty much cramps so often that I want to double over in pain. I get lightheaded and dizzy, nausea, my mood swings are crazy. I go from happy to crying or angry for no reason. I noticed my breasts have been tender. My feet and hands have swelling issues to the point where it hurts to walk or grab anything. I'm on the placebo part of my first pack so I'm hoping the side effects go away.

July 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by mookie spence:

For Ovarian Cysts: It helps with the heavy bleeding and long periods, but thats it! I get so sick to my stomach on these, I have real bad PMS and sore breasts and nipples and it doesn't do anything for my skin or hair.

July 6, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by lynnsur:

For Birth Control: My GYN prescribed it. She said I could have unprotected sex seven days later. The first day I took it, I felt nauseous but I expected it because I did my research. I had unprotected sex on the eighth day- 4 days before my expected period. My period then was late. I thought I was pregnant but the tests results were negative. I then had a horrible migraine lasting for more than one week- on and off during the day. I never get migraines. My cramps were horrible and I felt like I was dying. I had really bad neck aches, back aches and leg aches. I was supposed to try it for 3 months then report to my GYN but I couldn't do it.

July 3, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by DiDi22:

For Birth Control: My periods come about three placebo pills in every month. I have absolutely no cramps (although I did when I stopped taking it for a little while). I had a little weight gain but that could also be attributed to campus food. The only serious issue is that my libido has seriously plummeted.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by eleveneleven:

For Birth Control: I gave Sprintec a 10, for effectiveness. This will be rather long: when I first started the pill everything was normal. I got my period 3 pills into the placebo pills ( and I have every month since) I noticed that I do have some vaginal discharge but it is normal and it happens usually when I get a new pack. When im in my period my crampa actually worsened, and id often get terrible leg cramps that would wake me up in dead sleep. But fortunately the leg cramps disappeared a few months in. Mood Changes, I do tend to get mad easily now and cry a lot more than I used too. Also it made my sex drive plummet, I was not interested in anything sexual. Also it made my orgasms be very fainy and last maybe 3 seconds. This did go away a little.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by Ash91ley (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I just started Sprintec four days ago, this is the first birth control ever for me I am 23. The main side effect on day one was nausea, I was so sick I slept by the trash can that night. It has been getting better though. I will write an update review when I finish the first pack.

June 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I just started on this a week or two ago and haven't had sex since so I dont know its effectiveness but I have experienced side effects. The entire first week I was nauseous for hours starting about four hours after I took it. I only puked once though. Also, I have a loss of appetite. Im usually very hungry all day but since I started I'm never hungry. I also experienced breast tenderness and sensitivity which is not welcome since I sleep on my stomach. The nausea has gone away for the most part but that may be due to lack of eating.

June 13, 2014 3:22 AM

Review by kyake12 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was on it for a little over a year and had no problem with effectiveness. I did gain 2 cup sizes though. But once I got off it I gained weight. Nothing I did stopped the weight gain. I am now going back on it hoping to stop the weight gain.

June 11, 2014 2:56 AM

Review by Fritzels:

For Birth Control: First off, let me disclaim that while I rated this a ten in EFFECTIVENESS, that doesn't mean it was all great. It obliterated my sex drive. A few months into using it, I was completely uninterested in being with my partner. Sex was actually painful. I've been off it for about three weeks now and I'm back in full swing. I haven't gotten pregnant while using this without a condom, etc. So while it was effective, it was kind of useless for preventing pregnancy since I never wanted sex while on it anyway. I went on it initially for period cramps. My periods would last 2-4 weeks at a time and were awful. So painful. This brought them down to 1-1.5 weeks with what I am assuming to be normal cramping. I could function during my cycles on this.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 2, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by rayyyy:

For Birth Control: I've been on two types of birth control. The first type made me sick to my stomach, but Sprintec doesn't. The only time I have been sick was when I forgot a day and took two the next day.

May 31, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I'm just starting on my second week of pills, and I've had no side effects so far! I take it at 8:30 every night, but I usually don't fall asleep until 11 and I haven't felt any nausea or sickness! I think it has started to clear up my skin, which is the main reason I started taking it.This is the first birth control I've ever tried and I love it!

May 19, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by Neave (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been taking Sprintec for years - when I lost my health insurance, it was cheap, and was a mono-phase pill that I could take continuously, and it's been the best pill I've tried for cramps and lighter/shorter periods. I use it to control my polycystic ovarian syndrome (it's a low-androgen pill that helps control my PCOS-raised testosterone levels). If it impacts T levels too far it can lower the sex drive too much for some people - for me, it removed the worst aspects of having naturally high T-levels and put me into 'normal' range though. Including "balancing" my sex drive and clearing up my acne. I also use this pill continuously (4 period/year) to minimize pre-menstrual and menstrual migraines - "yay" I get both types. No period=no hormonal migraines.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 7, 2014 7:41 PM

Review by dmariewel:

For Birth Control: This medication makes me sick to my stomach. I have to take this pill at night or I'll be nauseous the whole time I%u2019m at work. I went out of town one weekend and forgot my pills, so as soon as I got home I took two to catch up (in the morning) worse mistake of my life. I ended up throwing up at my desk. Besides the disgusting effect this medicine has on my stomach, it%u2019s ok. It%u2019s cheap, it definitely works, and if you can figure out the right time for you to take the medicine and always remember to take it, I don%u2019t think you'd have any problem. The nausea is bad though (to me), I actually feel sick at this moment and I know it%u2019s from the pill I had to take this morning. I actually got on here to see if it just me. I don%u2019t see as many post about getting sick from this pill but it%u2019s my worst side effect.

April 17, 2014 4:41 PM

Review by Aubs:

For Birth Control: I have been on Sprintec for almost 6 months now. I am 20 years old and had been on the NuvaRing since I was 16 and loved it until I had an injury that required I took the ring out. The first 2 months of the pill I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. I felt exactly the same as I did on the Nuvaring. At 3 months however my breasts have increased an entire cup size and are very sore all of the time. This is the only side effect I am experiencing. I take my pill at 9pm each night. I have not experienced any weight gain.

April 5, 2014 12:36 PM

Review by LaneyLou (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I just started taking this yesterday. It's the first birth control pill since I attempted Yaz back in high school, so I can't really compare it to anything yet. Within two hours of taking the pill I felt extremely moody and paranoid, like I wanted to punch someone. I also feel dizzy and out of it. The nausea is a bit annoying. I think it will take some getting used to, it has yet to make me have any cravings, which is awesome.

March 20, 2014 5:58 PM

Review by Pleased (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec for about 3 years and I take it around 1 pm (mid day). Side effects were minimum. Cramping I only get when I'm about to start my period but that's normal for me, face did seem to clear up but I do have outbreaks every now and then but again normal for me (tends to be closer towards my cycle), but one thing I did notice is I do tend to have a lot of vaginal discharge. So for the most part I've had no problems with this pill.

March 20, 2014 1:47 AM

Review by M Sanders (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: This is only my second week taking it and I take it at night but right after I eat I get nauseous. My breast were sore but that went away. The only problem I'm having is my period. It usually only last about 4 days but it's going on the 8th day now. Maybe I have to get used to it first.

March 13, 2014 10:43 PM

Review by Ungsadie:

For Birth Control: I am 19, in a relationship and have been on Sprintec for 3 months now and this has been the only birth control pill I've tried. This pill has been extremely effective when it comes to preventing pregnancies unfortunately I have had several side effects. At first it started off as frequent headaches and then dizzy spells and then increase in mood swings. The dizziness and headaches. Everything else is good, the Acne and the weight and stuff are normal for me but the mood swings are killer. I have irrational anger and crying outburst. I have started attacking my boyfriend when I'm angry.

February 23, 2014 6:28 PM

Review by alyssajo1994:

For Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for almost a year. I started on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for a little under a month it gave a period that didn't stop until I switched to Sprintec. I have close to zero side effects on Sprintec. It has been amazing for acne, my face is really clear now. No weight gain. I do have a really active sex life . I have been on antibotics for bladder infections and not gotten pregnant. The only thing I have noticed I do tend to shove people away when its close to my period. Not every period though. I've only experienced cramps one period in my life which was a couple of months ago, but I think it was due to stress. Also before this medication my periods were very irregular now they are always on the dot.

February 4, 2014 11:51 PM

Review by itworksforme (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Endometriosis: I had an absence of periods for 6 months, I'd be lucky to get one period a year. I thought something was really wrong with me and I was freaked out. Luckily I did a 10-day hormone therapy thing and then got put on birth control. You will also feel crappy the day after you take your first pill. It's normal, your body isn't used to it so you will feel crappy. I had such a bad headache that I had to leave work early. But besides that, Sprintec has been great for me! I have a period at the end of every month, for some reason it's the THURSDAY I start the white pills. The only side effect I've had is a yeast infection because my body wasn't used to the increase in estrogen.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate