User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 19 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 33 reviews 162 medications

4.6
Summary of Sprintec reviews 490 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Sprintec

For Birth Control "I have taken Sprintec tablets for 3 years and never had a problem. Beginning of March I found out I was 2 months pregnant while still taking sprintec and never missed a pill same time every night. so in 8 months I will have another child....."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been taking birth control pills for 15 years and SPRINTEC is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. I'm from Latin America and I used to take DIANE-35, that has very low hormone component, controls acne, reduce PMS symptoms and causes shorter periods, but is not available in the US. I started taking SPRINTEC 5 months ago because a have no insurance here and I feel so terrible now, dizzy, no energy, headaches. Please don't take this pill if you have insurance or a better option!"

Kattyboom April 15, 2016

For Birth Control "In the first 2 weeks of taking these I gained 5 lbs easy. It might just be water weight (I have read that, that is normal) but it is definitely noticeable! In addition to the gained weight I am nauseous ALL THE TIME and have constant headaches. I am a freakishly healthy eater, I exercise 6 days a weeks and all this has stayed the same. The only thing that I have changed in my routine is the inclusion of this medication. After reading about the experiences of others that are similar to mine I'm going off of it ASAP."

Kathy 48484799263 April 14, 2016

For Ovarian Cysts "I will start by saying this, the pill has done its job. It's regulated my period, cleared my acne, and prevented pregnancy. I haven't gained a whole lot of weight I've actually lost weight but I have gone up a cup size. Here's the problem, 1) I have little to no sex drive now. It takes me forever to lubricate now and when I do it's very little. 2) THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is that I have become very emotionally unstable. I cry a lot now. There's very few days that go by that I don't cry. I also have a bad temper. I believe this is due to the pill after reading other reviews. These emotional issues didn't come about until about 2 or 3 months of being on this pill. I've been on it for about 6 months now and can't say whether I love or hate it."

Sprinted user (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2016

For Birth Control "I was on lo loestrin fe then had to get off for a month because of health insurance mishap. I got on Sprintec because it is so much cheaper and it is SO much better! I have a history with depression and this has not caused any problem at all. In fact I've not even had a headache or any stomach pain. I highly recommend this."

Sally1245670 April 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I have taken many different birth controls during my 20s but this is by far the worse. It took reading this site to realize how bad this medicine is for my body. Been on it for 3 months now. I have developed bad acne, have horrible headaches everyday and my periods have gotten so bad I'm pretty much on bed rest the whole time. The cramps have me doubling over and feeling as if I may vomit. My period is so heavy it is making my anemia worse and I get lightheaded often. I'm sure it works just fine for some women but I am currently in the fetus position trying to ride this out and will not take again."

Suzieq2913 April 4, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I've taken Sprintec for almost 2 years now, and I honestly don't have any complaints. I guess everyone's body is different because I don't see why everyone is complaining about it!"

Meaghan T April 4, 2016

For Birth Control "Sprintec was the first birth control that I started taking when I was 17. I immediately got cystic back acne (like really bad) a month after taking it. I didn't think anything of it, so I just continued to take it and I thought that the back acne was a new thing for me. Sprintec gave me my boobs, I had nothing before and I am now a 36c. Though, I have also gained about 30 pounds since I started taking this four years ago (most of the weight gain I contribute to my laziness and poor eating and just growing). Four years later, my cystic acne is still horrible, I have scars like crazy on my back. Recently, I have been feeling not depressed but not happy and I started spotting like every day. I just switched over to Tri-Sprintec to hopefully help."

kt8150 April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "In my experience this is terrible. I'm only almost done with my third week and I'm having the worst ovary pains and migraines. I got on it because the doctor told me it would prevent cysts because I've had a cyst that covered my whole ovary and wanted something to prevent that from happening again. Well, I'm having the same exact pain when I had a cyst but the stabbing pain is more often. I've never had trouble with head aches or migraines until now.. My whole expience has been terrible."

Emily Renee April 1, 2016

For Birth Control "I've now been taking these pills for almost a full 4 weeks. Still working 100%. Aka still no baby growing inside me. Still no side effects. Love them, and so cheap. Perfect."

Lovetheoutdoors24 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2016

For Birth Control "I have been on this pill for 8 months and so far i have nothing to Say to but positive things. The only bad side effect is that my appetite has decreased but I have not lost any weight or increased weight. My skin is actually very clear and the most important, no mood swings or depreassion if anything this pill keeps me very calm. However I used to drink a lot of caffeine but I notice that after taking this pill whenever I drink coffee I get very anxious and get mood swings so I decided to cut on the coffeine but I still feel great."

Star1221 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 28, 2016

For Birth Control "Can't say enough bad about this medication. Aside from the really severe, dangerous side effects like blood clots, everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Severe anxiety, constant bloating and constipation, hemorrhoids, insomnia, etc. I was prescribed xanax after the first month to use so I might be able to sleep and just try get through the day and see if I could make it past the three month mark. Second month was also hell. The anxiety was better because I was hyped on sedatives but my digestive system was a wreck. By the time I got to the doctor she told me to stop using the medication immediately. Already doing significantly better. I can eat and I'm not terrified all the time."

BTH1 March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "Started on my 3rd week in my first pack. I'm on it to "trick my body" to make hormones to get pregnant. Dr. Recommends for 3 months. I take it at night. I am having really bad abdomen pain. I'm wondering if I have a cyst on my ovary now. Will update in two months."

Mrsbrown061414 March 24, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm on first package. I lost a baby 2 months ago so I'm on these pills while I make up my mind about having another baby. All is great but one night I forgot to take the pill and my mood did changed. Also my appetite has lower I had lost 5 lbs in a few weeks. Be aware of your emotions and you will do fine."

Omaha8877474 (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2016

For Birth Control "ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! I was hospitalized for a SEVERE migraine that has lasted a whole month now! Sooo irritable, sharp ovary pain, so much blood, don't waste your time! Disgusting excuse for birth control! DISGUSTING!"

Zara94 March 18, 2016

For Birth Control "This pill was horrible. I was only on it for about 3 months but I was extremely moody, had constant headaches, weight gain(about 30 pounds), heavy bleeding, and very painful cramps."

Kay1579 March 16, 2016

For Birth Control "Just started so what I'm experiencing may change after some time (I hope) but I began bleeding the next day of taking sprintec and I'm still bleeding now. Ok fine maybe because it's new but I'm also nauseous EVERYDAY right after I eat or drink ANYTHING (it's helping me loose weight because I can't keep much down) also now I have acne like I've never had acne. I'm easily depressed then I'm super happy like it's confusing. This is not kool but like I said it is still new for me so I'm going to give it time. My GYN days after 3 months it should be better"

Ms briwn (taken for less than 1 month) March 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 17, and this was my second bc that I was put on. My first one made me spot for weeks on end, so I was switched. I started taking this one two months ago and I HATE IT. I am a person that typically has a strong stomach, however this birth control makes me have the worst migraines and I start feeling nauseous everyday around 1pm. Because of this, I have lost 15 pounds which its fine with me, but it's annoying to never have the desire to eat. Other than that, my periods have been on the heavier side, but no mood swings or acne flare ups. Defiantly going to be switched again!!"

Sabrina Davis March 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for almost a year now. It's the first BC I've ever tried. Didn't have any problems until lately, mainly just nausea and sore breasts. One thing I've noticed is that it makes my PMS really bad. I've never gotten bad mood swings before, but I have been lately. I've forgotten once or twice, and haven't gotten pregnant so it's definitely working. The side effects are catching up to me though."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 10, 2016

For Birth Control "I've only been on this form of birth control for less than 2 weeks, but so far so good! It's my first form of the pill I've taken and I feel just normal as ever! Only it's nice to not have to worry about creating a little human all the time, since I am very sexually active, being married and all. I take it at 8 am every day. I wanted to add this because lots of reviews on here say they take it at night and feel horrible all night or next morning. So maybe that's because they take it at night? Of course I don't know. But they say not to take this pill on bed rest or anything, so maybe. I'll keep ya'll updated if anything bad happens. But so far I'm lovin it!"

Lovetheoutdoors24 (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this for almost a year. Started out perfect. Shorter periods, no symptoms or pms. The last two months have been a nightmare. I've had major depression and anxiety and awful pms. When I stop taking it for the week I have my period I feel anxious, depressed, moody and emotional. Almost like my body is going through withdrawals from it. Doctor put me on anti depressants but after reading these reviews I think this bc is causing it. Everyone is different, my friend has been on it for years and no issues but I don't like it at all."

Kenzie Fishero March 6, 2016

For Birth Control "I was previously on Microgestin FE 1/20 for close to 3 years. This worked well after a period of adjustment and never had any bad side effects, just a little weight gain. Around April/ May of last year, I went to get my refill and noticed that the packaging changed and I started getting cystic acne around my chin. I finally switched over to Sprintec around mid December. Everything was fine aside from the general nausea that went away after a few weeks. My acne flares got less frequent and MUCH smaller so that worked well after about 2 months on it. But I started to see more and more hair loss coinciding with when I started this medication and it's gotten worse. I have decided to stop it after today. Hoping this helps!"

Rociohm87 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 5, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Was having abnormal bleeding for month went to emergency room was prescribed pro era for 10 days the day after period and blood clots came back. Went to gyno took ultrasound no polyps no fibroids nothing but was told the lining of uterus is thin. Was given this medicine to take 3 a day first 3 days then 2 a day next 2 then 1 a day. The bleeding has stopped for now and I'm ok day 4. Everyone body reacts differently I haven't had any mood swings or no other side affect so I'm thankful for this birth control.."

Mizcoinz March 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this about 2 weeks ago and I have yet to have a period while on it but so far, it's alright. I got sick about an hour after taking it. It also gave me a horrible yeast infection. But that all went away and now I'm back pretty much to my normal self. I will continue to keep using it"

70/100 February 28, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Took it due to heavy, long periods. Technically, it did help. My periods went from 7 to 8 days to 4 or 5, and bleeding was cut down to a third of what it was before. Also, it really helped with my ance. However, that's where the good stuff ends. I experienced HORRIBLE mensual pains at least 7 days before my period that would last until it's end. I experienced depression worse than I ever had before during my entire time on the pill (about 7 months). The first 3 months were also a nightmare with nausea, migraines, and constant bleeding. Overall, if your gyno suggests this to you to help heavy periods, ask for a lower estrogen birth control. This pill isn't worth the trauma."

Ame887 February 28, 2016