User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Endometriosis 7 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sprintec reviews 313 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Sprintec

Review by Happy with Sprintec (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: Been on Sprintec for about 9 months now. So far so good! No nausea, no acne, no weight gain, no baby. What more can you ask for from a birth control pill?

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 3, 2014 3:52 PM

For Birth Control: I took Sprintec for 4 months and it was a fine and dandy birth control for pain with cramps, but I couldn't take the cystic acne it brought on. I never had acne before. The tenderness in the breasts was also quite bothersome. Other than that, good pill, but too much acne.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2014 9:31 PM

Review by Mayleen35 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've been on the pill for 4 days and so far, no side effects. My period is still normal and I feel great. This is the first type of birth control I've tried, and I'm really happy with it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by Brianna2013:

For Birth Control: I've been taking Sprintec for about 10 months. On the plus side- my face is very clear and my sex drive is normal; I also have very predictable, light and short periods. On the negative side, I experience PMS-like symptoms on the last two weeks of active pills... Bloating, cramps, swelling of breasts; etc. My appetite has increased considerably but I've had no major weight gain. Overall I'm happy with Sprintec, would definitely recommend!

November 17, 2014 12:00 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: I've been taking this birth control for 5 years and love it. I never had any side effects. I took Loestrin first and hated it, bad mood swings and increased appetite so I immediately switched to Sprintec and was completely happy. I recently had to switch to a new pill due to spotting between periods.

October 27, 2014 12:08 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've taken Sprintec for nearly three years now, and I love it. I have an incredibly predictable and easy period every month. Also, it has cleared my skin of acne noticeably well. I have never experienced any weight gain while on this pill either. However, something my boyfriend I both have noticed is that my sex drive has increased quite a bit, especially during the first couple months of taking!

October 21, 2014 1:19 PM

Review by cajunsam:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been taking it for 2 months with no issue. Also my cramps are not as painful.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2014 12:27 PM

Review by Mytilludie:

For Birth Control: My doctor gave me this to try for three months. I couldn't get through the second month of it because it made me feel like puking constantly. Not the best feeling during finals tests.

October 12, 2014 1:48 AM

Review by j15mendoza:

For Birth Control: I started taking Sprintec to avoid pregnancy and regulate my periods. I finished 2 packs already and I just started my third this week. I started the pack two weeks after my period and I did get my period 2 weeks late but it was super heavy the first two days and I have really bad cramps. I got my period late again last month but that was my fault for not keeping up with my pills and my period wasn't as bad this time. It's the third month and now I noticed that I gained weight but not a dramatic amount and I have gone up a size in my bra cup and my underwear and jeans. I do tend to get moodier than what I used to but it's not as dramatic. That's only been about 3x. My sex drive has not changed. It might have even increased a bit. I'm 19.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 9, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by kayvee123:

For Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec for years now. Never had any issues, no pregnancy scares and no side effects. My skin is pretty normal and my weight issues have to do more with me stuffing my face with cookies and ice cream than due to birth control.

September 23, 2014 10:59 AM

Review by Jessyy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is a great birth control and also has a couple bad side effects I possibly have arthritis in my knee I only noticed shortly after starting this pill. I'm going to the doctor in a couple days to find out what is actually wrong so this pill might not have anything to do with it. The worst side effect is I cry and get upset almost everyday. I have extreme mood swings however my body and face is beautiful and better than ever sex drive is pretty high and great for me. My breasts look fantastic, have grown at least 1 cup size. I don't think I've had weight gain. I have a small flat belly and have only gained weight in the parts a girl would want, my boyfriend loves my body more than ever!

September 19, 2014 11:49 PM

Review by first time user (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: So I just finished my first month and was TERRIFIED of this birth control after reading the reviews before I started. And honestly I have had zero side effects other than clearer skin and I've actually lost weight rather than gained weight (not sure if it's totally related to the pill or not) and my breasts have been a little sore but not unbearable so don't think too much about the reviews, and try it before you assume you'll be overly emotional and gain weight, it'll just vary but for me this has been awesome so far!

September 9, 2014 8:06 PM

Review by Mkaykaykay (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I'm almost onto my 3rd week of this medication & so far I'm completely almost satisfied with it. It does leave tonnes of breast soreness I NEVER had before. But it did relieve my cramps and heavy bleeding, which is the reason I started taking it. No weight gain or breast growth though!

September 3, 2014 6:54 PM

Review by Aslongasitworks (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: 38 years old. Using for 5 years. Virtually no acne. No weight gain. No pregnancies. Can't imagine using another pill. Perfect for me.

September 2, 2014 11:08 AM

Review by Nessersary:

For Birth Control: One big complaint I had about it is that I gained a whopping 20 pounds since I went on it. I exercise everyday and I eat healthy, but my appetite sort of increased slightly.

August 29, 2014 9:03 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I started Sprintec last November for my heavy periods, and for that it's working great. It has reduced my periods from 10 days to 5 days and after the first few months, they are now incredibly predictable. I know exactly when they'll start and end and what flow intensity to expect each day. They have also considerably lightened my periods. The only side effect I have noticed is weight gain. It may not have helped that I started the pill around the holidays, as I have found myself with a bigger appetite since starting Sprintec. I gained about 10lbs by about January (but I haven't gained since then due to changes in diet) and went up about 1.5-2 cup sizes (SO annoying since I'm an athlete). My butt and thighs also got noticeably bigger.

August 15, 2014 5:21 PM

Review by Hakuna Moscato (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ovarian Cysts: Took this pill at first just because I had cysts that I had to remove surgically. I'm talkin like 12cm cysts. This pill not only helps with my cysts, but I have no mood swings, my periods are controlled, my skin has never been better, and my sex life is great. No cramping anymore at all! Perfect for me!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 11, 2014 4:42 PM

Review by KimberlyV:

For Birth Control: I started taking this medication to help control bleeding. It worked great for stopping that but I traded in the bleeding for serve cramping. I cramp off and on through out the day. The cramps feel like I am going through a really bad period. The pain will stop me in my tracks and I have to hold myself or bend over to help to easy the pain.

August 11, 2014 3:04 PM

Review by Syd123:

For Birth Control: This birth control was very effective, the side effects weren't too bad. The side effects I had were breast being sore, increase in appetite, and very bad mood swings. I would never get mad at the things I've gotten mad at while on this pill. Otherwise, periods were good and 3 days long, no nausea after the first day of taking it

August 9, 2014 9:22 PM

Review by Julianasmom0908:

For Birth Control: I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome 2 months ago by my OBGYN. Earlier this year I began to experience a number of odd symptoms such as. 1.Severe mood swings 2.Skipped periods 3.Extreme bloating 4.Mild acne 5.Diminished libido I was put on Sprintec and the first 2 weeks where HELL. I experienced nausea (lost 5 lbs) I couldn't keep anything down it was out of control! Mood became worse. I was ready to call my doctor and ask her to put me on something else but after the nausea subsided (around week 3) I decided to complete the 3 month trial period. Currently on Month 2 and after my first period I felt better than ever! Mood energy and sex drive are at an all time high. I will definitely stay on Sprintec.

August 5, 2014 3:39 PM

Review by Monarch Butterfly (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: This pill did not work for me, the first day I took it I felt sick and nauseous. I was vomiting alot so I stopped taking it. This is my personal experience with this, I know every body reacts differently. In my case it was no good for me.

August 5, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by Chcharrr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Started Sprintec about 4 months ago. During the first pack I had almost daily breakthrough bleeding, but it disappeared after that. However, last week I took my pill only 2 hours late and I started spotting again as well as getting bad headaches, so definitely try to take it at the same time no matter what. Some weight gain, really bad mood swings during the first few months. Haven't gotten pregnant so it's definitely an effective pill.

August 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by vmarieb:

For Birth Control: Sprintec is great for me. I have taken it for a year & a half (19 years old) Never had any problems but I guess that shows it works different for everyone. My breasts got bigger. I didn't gain any weight, periods became shorter, lighter periods and I rarely have cramps & if I do they aren't bad. Before I got on Sprintec I had really heavy periods, all 7 days long & horrible cramps to the point where I would miss school and work. It's affordable and I would recommend Sprintec to anyone.

August 4, 2014 6:29 AM

Review by Brooke4721:

For Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec for almost 3 years now, (I'm 19) and I love it! I've never tried anything else, but this seems to work perfect. I started taking it for acne, which it does help with, but no ones skin will ever be perfect. I still have small breakouts. I've never been pregnant, so it definitely works for it's intended purposes! I've never gained weight on Sprintec. My breasts have never been really swollen or painful from my pills like some people experience, (although I'd be alright with them growing a size) haha. I DO think they impact your sex drive though. I find it difficult to become 'naturally' ready for sex. I always have to use lubricants. Other than that, I recommend Sprintec!!

July 30, 2014 1:08 AM

Review by AshBrad:

For Birth Control: This is my first birth control and I've been on it for almost two years. It has helped my acne I little bit but I'm also on acne medication. Weight gain has been maybe 5-7 pounds gained. The only thing I really don't like about this birth control is it gives you symptoms as if you were pregnant even if you are not and they come mainly one to two weeks before my period. Periods are always consistent. Other than everything bad, It's doing it's job at not allowing me to get pregnant so that's good!

July 21, 2014 8:37 PM