User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Endometriosis 7 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sprintec reviews 270 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Sprintec

Review by Aubs: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Sprintec for almost 6 months now. I am 20 years old and had been on the NuvaRing since I was 16 and loved it until I had an injury that required I took the ring out. The first 2 months of the pill I had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. I felt exactly the same as I did on the Nuvaring. At 3 months however my breasts have increased an entire cup size and are very sore all of the time. This is the only side effect I am experiencing. I take my pill at 9pm each night. I have not experienced any weight gain.

April 5, 2014 12:36 PM
Review by LaneyLou (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I just started taking this yesterday. It's the first birth control pill since I attempted Yaz back in high school, so I can't really compare it to anything yet. Within two hours of taking the pill I felt extremely moody and paranoid, like I wanted to punch someone. I also feel dizzy and out of it. The nausea is a bit annoying. I think it will take some getting used to, it has yet to make me have any cravings, which is awesome.

March 20, 2014 5:58 PM
Review by Pleased (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec for about 3 years and I take it around 1 pm (mid day). Side effects were minimum. Cramping I only get when I'm about to start my period but that's normal for me, face did seem to clear up but I do have outbreaks every now and then but again normal for me (tends to be closer towards my cycle), but one thing I did notice is I do tend to have a lot of vaginal discharge. So for the most part I've had no problems with this pill.

March 20, 2014 1:47 AM
Review by M Sanders (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: This is only my second week taking it and I take it at night but right after I eat I get nauseous. My breast were sore but that went away. The only problem I'm having is my period. It usually only last about 4 days but it's going on the 8th day now. Maybe I have to get used to it first.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 13, 2014 10:43 PM
Review by Ungsadie: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I am 19, in a relationship and have been on Sprintec for 3 months now and this has been the only birth control pill I've tried. This pill has been extremely effective when it comes to preventing pregnancies unfortunately I have had several side effects. At first it started off as frequent headaches and then dizzy spells and then increase in mood swings. The dizziness and headaches. Everything else is good, the Acne and the weight and stuff are normal for me but the mood swings are killer. I have irrational anger and crying outburst. I have started attacking my boyfriend when I'm angry.

February 23, 2014 6:28 PM
Review by alyssajo1994:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this birth control for almost a year. I started on Ortho Tri-Cyclen for a little under a month it gave a period that didn't stop until I switched to Sprintec. I have close to zero side effects on Sprintec. It has been amazing for acne, my face is really clear now. No weight gain. I do have a really active sex life . I have been on antibotics for bladder infections and not gotten pregnant. The only thing I have noticed I do tend to shove people away when its close to my period. Not every period though. I've only experienced cramps one period in my life which was a couple of months ago, but I think it was due to stress. Also before this medication my periods were very irregular now they are always on the dot.

February 4, 2014 11:51 PM
Review by itworksforme (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: I had an absence of periods for 6 months, I'd be lucky to get one period a year. I thought something was really wrong with me and I was freaked out. Luckily I did a 10-day hormone therapy thing and then got put on birth control. You will also feel crappy the day after you take your first pill. It's normal, your body isn't used to it so you will feel crappy. I had such a bad headache that I had to leave work early. But besides that, Sprintec has been great for me! I have a period at the end of every month, for some reason it's the THURSDAY I start the white pills. The only side effect I've had is a yeast infection because my body wasn't used to the increase in estrogen.

January 31, 2014 11:18 PM
Review by littleccprincess: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love it however I did have a few problems with it. During my first pack I had my period from day one on the pill, till I started the second pack. Now about to start my third and I don't have my period at all. Can't be pregnant, I'm always very careful but just don't know where it went. Other than that, I absolutely recommend it.

January 25, 2014 9:45 AM
Review by Alabama Wife (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have no children. I've been switched between Orthotricyclen and Sprintec and I really see no difference, besides one thing. The same issue everyone is having: breast tenderness. This medication makes my breasts extremely sensitive. The plus side is your breasts do swell; not a huge, visible difference, but you can feel it with your hands if you're used to your breasts not being swollen. They stay swollen 3/4 of the time so be careful during sex because I find mine to be SUPER sensitive that at times it hurts.

January 12, 2014 4:12 AM
Review by Dizneychk (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: At least for my body, this pill was horrible. I read so many great reviews on having light cramps and moods are fine and no swelling but this pill has done complete opposite for me. My hands have shown signs of swelling lately, my moods are beyond horrible and scary, and my cramps have been bad. Looking to switch pills here soon.

January 7, 2014 12:11 PM
Review by dlps: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I will preface this by saying that I haven't been on any form of hormonal birth control in over ten years. I am 40 years old and started taking this pill for perimenopausal symptoms. I wasn't able to track my cycle anymore. That being said, I really wanted to like this pill. My insurance covers it. It provided relief from the symptoms I had been having and I felt more level. However, the side effects were just as bad. I had breakthrough bleeding every day after the first week. From day one, my breasts were incredibly sore and grew in size (not a bonus for me). I was dry heaving in the middle of the night. The constipation and bloating aren't fun either. Called my doc after 2 weeks. I need lower estrogen and will start the Nuvaring today.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 22, 2013 6:14 PM
Review by Sam150: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on this birth control for about 3 or 4 years and love it! It is my only form of birth control and I haven't gotten pregnant yet. I was on a different pill for three months and it gave me horrible cramps and headaches and once I switched back to Sprintec they went away.

December 20, 2013 5:45 PM
Review by Ashley E (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love this birth control. I've been on it for almost five months. I've been on two other pills before. They made me have severe mood swings and horrible depression, so my doctor put me on this one. I love it. My breasts have gotten bigger as well- which is a HUGE plus for me. Also, the only thing I use is these pills- no condoms or anything else, and I have a very active sex life, and I haven't gotten pregnant, so it is doing a great job. It has given me a higher sex drive too. I have two problems with it, but the pros outweigh the negatives. Firstly, I get nausea when I start a new pack. It usually lasts 3-4 days. It also gives me heavy periods. Though, they only last 3-4 days.

December 3, 2013 5:19 PM
Review by Jorih.b (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I started Sprintec in September so I'm going on my 3rd month. I have mixed feelings about it. I don't receive bad cramps anymore and my acne doesn't come around when my period is here. I don't like that I get depressed or sad and my last period lasted 17 days and my doctor told me to stop for some days then start again and she told me to not take the placebos. Overall I'd recommend, I'm 16 which means I might be a different candidate.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 3, 2013 8:24 AM
Review by likethestone: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on this pill for about 3 months. The only complaint I have about Sprintec is that it makes my breasts very tender and sore, usually three weeks out of the month. It hurts a lot, but it's not painful to the point where I have to stop everything. They have gotten larger, but I assume it's from the swelling. Other than that, it's a pretty great pill.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
December 1, 2013 4:05 PM
Review by Fdokdawuihcfon: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been using this birth control for over a year, and it has proven to be perfect. The first 3 weeks I was taking it, I had pretty bad mood swings, but this is expected, and they quit happening around the time I started my second cycle of pills. I had irregular periods and bar cramping; both of those problems were fixed once again by the second month of pills. My flow was much lighter for a shorter amount of days (and you still have a period every month, which allows your body to still clean itself out). As a contraceptive, it is my only method of birth control and I'm not pregnant yet, so it's doing its job there. Never had acne but I break out less often. Basically this is a great pill.

December 1, 2013 12:29 AM
Review by leyynaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Amazing birth control. Helped me lose close to 20 pounds after switching from another birth control. I'm not moody, depressed, my skin looks amazing. It doesn't cause water retention or strange strong cravings. Highly recommend it.

November 29, 2013 6:36 PM
Review by Love it!: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: My doctor put me on Sprintec after trying several other pills for birth control and my horrible cramps. The first month I was dizzy and my skin was really oily, but taking it before bed and washing my face more often helped. After the 2nd month the dizziness completely disappeared and my skin looks great. My cramps used to be unbearable and kept me home from work each month, now I can manage them with a heating pad and a few Advil (instead of taking up to 10 a day). My breasts are larger but I haven't noticed a weight gain and it has not affected my sex drive. Everyone is different but if you are trying this and experiencing side effects I suggest trying to stick it out at least for the first month. But when in doubt, ask your doctor!

November 25, 2013 12:13 PM
Review by (TT)(3535): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Sprintec 28 For about 3 months now and love it! It was prescribed by my doctor to ease my menstrual cramps and it did that and so much more. I had little acne here and there now my skin is flawless. I have almost no cramps during my period which is a huge from before because I used to sit in pain for hours. My breasts are larger and The pills are cheap! Also no pregnancy so overall 10/10! The only con I can Think of is slight nausea after Taking The pill but it doesn't last very long and I Take my pill at bedtime so I'm sleep when The nausea occurs anyway. Great pill.

November 17, 2013 9:39 PM
Review by bubss: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love it. No side effects. My periods have only been when I regulate them with pills. I have been on it for a year and 9 months and I'm not pregnant.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 5, 2013 2:06 AM
Review by squidlydoo (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Im on my 10th pack of Sprintec and its great! I was initially really scared because I had read reviews about different birth controls on google and didnt know what to expect, but you really have to try it yourself to see. I started it for my acne and the first month on it I was getting used to it so I was sad for a week or two but once i adjusted I have had absolutely zero side effects and it has helped with my acne tremendously. Highly recommend!

November 4, 2013 11:39 PM
Review by BeccaJand: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Endometriosis: I've been on this medication for 3+ years and it took a while to get on track. I was put on YAZ first but my cramping didn't stop at all. On Sprintec my skin has cleared and last month had not a single cramp during the bleeding period. I am only able to extend my period for a month and a half and often bleed before my placebo pills but I am only on those for 3 days.

November 4, 2013 1:55 PM
Review by Niqque (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on Sprintec for 3 years. I had no major side effects I thought until recently I stopped taking it so my husband and I can start trying for a baby. About a week and a half off the pill my sex drive sky rocketed! Now I'm realizing that the hormones were suppressing my sex drive. Anyone else had this happen to them?

November 2, 2013 8:23 AM
Review by Cgrela312: User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've only finished my first pack. I did not start taking it the day my period began because I didn't really think it mattered..my period started a little over a week after I've started it and IT STILL HASNT ENDED. Its seriously been over 2 weeks now and my doctor says I should just ride it out but I think it's just ridiculous. I'm holding onto my next pack until the beginning of my NEXT period hoping that'll balance things out. Besides that its prevented pregnancy and made my breasts grow a noticeable amount, the tenderness subsided.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 21, 2013 11:03 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

Sprintec (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Sprintec for a year now. It is good in that it's only $9, it has prevented pregnancy, and periods are only a few days. Every time I start a new pack (after period) I get severely nauseated for several days, so I am finally going to go back to the doctor and try something different. During certain times I have very swollen and tender breasts, but that's not too awful to bear.

October 10, 2013 7:24 PM