User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Endometriosis 7 reviews 175 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sprintec reviews 296 reviews 6.5

Reviews for Sprintec

Review by Hakuna Moscato (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ovarian Cysts: Took this pill at first just because I had cysts that I had to remove surgically. I'm talkin like 12cm cysts. This pill not only helps with my cysts, but I have no mood swings, my periods are controlled, my skin has never been better, and my sex life is great. No cramping anymore at all! Perfect for me!

August 11, 2014 4:42 PM

Review by KimberlyV:

For Birth Control: I started taking this medication to help control bleeding. It worked great for stopping that but I traded in the bleeding for serve cramping. I cramp off and on through out the day. The cramps feel like I am going through a really bad period. The pain will stop me in my tracks and I have to hold myself or bend over to help to easy the pain.

August 11, 2014 3:04 PM

Review by Syd123:

For Birth Control: This birth control was very effective, the side effects weren't too bad. The side effects I had were breast being sore, increase in appetite, and very bad mood swings. I would never get mad at the things I've gotten mad at while on this pill. Otherwise, periods were good and 3 days long, no nausea after the first day of taking it

August 9, 2014 9:22 PM

Review by Julianasmom0908:

For Birth Control: I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome 2 months ago by my OBGYN. Earlier this year I began to experience a number of odd symptoms such as. 1.Severe mood swings 2.Skipped periods 3.Extreme bloating 4.Mild acne 5.Diminished libido I was put on Sprintec and the first 2 weeks where HELL. I experienced nausea (lost 5 lbs) I couldn't keep anything down it was out of control! Mood became worse. I was ready to call my doctor and ask her to put me on something else but after the nausea subsided (around week 3) I decided to complete the 3 month trial period. Currently on Month 2 and after my first period I felt better than ever! Mood energy and sex drive are at an all time high. I will definitely stay on Sprintec.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 3:39 PM

Review by Monarch Butterfly (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: This pill did not work for me, the first day I took it I felt sick and nauseous. I was vomiting alot so I stopped taking it. This is my personal experience with this, I know every body reacts differently. In my case it was no good for me.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 5, 2014 3:32 PM

Review by Chcharrr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: Started Sprintec about 4 months ago. During the first pack I had almost daily breakthrough bleeding, but it disappeared after that. However, last week I took my pill only 2 hours late and I started spotting again as well as getting bad headaches, so definitely try to take it at the same time no matter what. Some weight gain, really bad mood swings during the first few months. Haven't gotten pregnant so it's definitely an effective pill.

August 4, 2014 12:53 PM

Review by vmarieb:

For Birth Control: Sprintec is great for me. I have taken it for a year & a half (19 years old) Never had any problems but I guess that shows it works different for everyone. My breasts got bigger. I didn't gain any weight, periods became shorter, lighter periods and I rarely have cramps & if I do they aren't bad. Before I got on Sprintec I had really heavy periods, all 7 days long & horrible cramps to the point where I would miss school and work. It's affordable and I would recommend Sprintec to anyone.

August 4, 2014 6:29 AM

Review by Brooke4721:

For Birth Control: I've been on Sprintec for almost 3 years now, (I'm 19) and I love it! I've never tried anything else, but this seems to work perfect. I started taking it for acne, which it does help with, but no ones skin will ever be perfect. I still have small breakouts. I've never been pregnant, so it definitely works for it's intended purposes! I've never gained weight on Sprintec. My breasts have never been really swollen or painful from my pills like some people experience, (although I'd be alright with them growing a size) haha. I DO think they impact your sex drive though. I find it difficult to become 'naturally' ready for sex. I always have to use lubricants. Other than that, I recommend Sprintec!!

July 30, 2014 1:08 AM

Review by AshBrad:

For Birth Control: This is my first birth control and I've been on it for almost two years. It has helped my acne I little bit but I'm also on acne medication. Weight gain has been maybe 5-7 pounds gained. The only thing I really don't like about this birth control is it gives you symptoms as if you were pregnant even if you are not and they come mainly one to two weeks before my period. Periods are always consistent. Other than everything bad, It's doing it's job at not allowing me to get pregnant so that's good!

July 21, 2014 8:37 PM

Review by Jessica47 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I switched to Sprintec (because it was cheap) from Amethia after losing my insurance. I began experiencing acne breakouts on my face and very sudden mood swings, which I had not experienced on Amethia. I am no longer using Sprintec because the side effects are not worth it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 20, 2014 5:17 PM

Review by Dniece 18, (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: This is my third month and honestly I love it, it's perfect for me but you know what they always say "birth control does work differently on different women" mainly because we all have different reactions to Sprintec. BUT! The "Cons" about this pill. Yes ladies, your breasts will be swore most of the time! Well that's for me basically but other then that, I haven't been feeling nauseous as much though, but that's only when it's close to my period, I don't get headaches, no swelling, no gain in weight, it's just perfect for me. Oh & the most important thing I Love love Love about this pill, ladies if you have bad cramps let's say, 1-10 a 8-10 I highly recommend this pill because by the first month my cramps wasn't bad at all it went to a 5.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2014 1:21 AM

Review by itiscrazyithink (taken for 10 years or more):

For Birth Control: I have been on this specific brand for over 10 years. Take it every night before I go to bed. I have had weight gain but its a maintained gain but its been 100% effective, never been pregnant! My sexual urges visit me usually in my 2nd week after my period, so hasn't completely killed my libido. Normal periods lasting from Wednesday to Sunday... Been fabulous for me!

July 15, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by Syd0001:

For Birth Control: I was nervous to start taking birth control after reading up on all of the side effects and being the worrier that I am. However, I've been taking Sprintec for 5 months now and it hasn't had any negative side effects. I'm very relieved. I would recommend this brand to anyone looking into birth control. It has helped my minor acne greatly and also lightened my very heavy period so that now it is average and doesn't last 8 days! I would recommend setting an alarm on your phone for the same time every day so you remember to take it. It was definitely a great decision to start taking Sprintec. Best of luck!

July 14, 2014 10:50 PM

Review by Brittbrat (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've been on this for about a month now. I'm 25 and my sex drive is almost completely gone. I started it before my period so my doctor said that my period would be late. I was fine with that. It wasn't late I started out with spotting and then what was like a normal flow. I'm now going on almost 2 weeks of bleeding. I hardly ever get cramps and on this it's pretty much cramps so often that I want to double over in pain. I get lightheaded and dizzy, nausea, my mood swings are crazy. I go from happy to crying or angry for no reason. I noticed my breasts have been tender. My feet and hands have swelling issues to the point where it hurts to walk or grab anything. I'm on the placebo part of my first pack so I'm hoping the side effects go away.

July 6, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by mookie spence:

For Ovarian Cysts: It helps with the heavy bleeding and long periods, but thats it! I get so sick to my stomach on these, I have real bad PMS and sore breasts and nipples and it doesn't do anything for my skin or hair.

July 6, 2014 12:02 AM

Review by lynnsur:

For Birth Control: My GYN prescribed it. She said I could have unprotected sex seven days later. The first day I took it, I felt nauseous but I expected it because I did my research. I had unprotected sex on the eighth day- 4 days before my expected period. My period then was late. I thought I was pregnant but the tests results were negative. I then had a horrible migraine lasting for more than one week- on and off during the day. I never get migraines. My cramps were horrible and I felt like I was dying. I had really bad neck aches, back aches and leg aches. I was supposed to try it for 3 months then report to my GYN but I couldn't do it.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2014 11:39 PM

Review by DiDi22:

For Birth Control: My periods come about three placebo pills in every month. I have absolutely no cramps (although I did when I stopped taking it for a little while). I had a little weight gain but that could also be attributed to campus food. The only serious issue is that my libido has seriously plummeted.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 10:07 AM

Review by eleveneleven:

For Birth Control: I gave Sprintec a 10, for effectiveness. This will be rather long: when I first started the pill everything was normal. I got my period 3 pills into the placebo pills ( and I have every month since) I noticed that I do have some vaginal discharge but it is normal and it happens usually when I get a new pack. When im in my period my crampa actually worsened, and id often get terrible leg cramps that would wake me up in dead sleep. But fortunately the leg cramps disappeared a few months in. Mood Changes, I do tend to get mad easily now and cry a lot more than I used too. Also it made my sex drive plummet, I was not interested in anything sexual. Also it made my orgasms be very fainy and last maybe 3 seconds. This did go away a little.

June 25, 2014 4:10 PM

Review by Ash91ley (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I just started Sprintec four days ago, this is the first birth control ever for me I am 23. The main side effect on day one was nausea, I was so sick I slept by the trash can that night. It has been getting better though. I will write an update review when I finish the first pack.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 18, 2014 10:06 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I just started on this a week or two ago and haven't had sex since so I dont know its effectiveness but I have experienced side effects. The entire first week I was nauseous for hours starting about four hours after I took it. I only puked once though. Also, I have a loss of appetite. Im usually very hungry all day but since I started I'm never hungry. I also experienced breast tenderness and sensitivity which is not welcome since I sleep on my stomach. The nausea has gone away for the most part but that may be due to lack of eating.

June 13, 2014 3:22 AM

Review by kyake12 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I was on it for a little over a year and had no problem with effectiveness. I did gain 2 cup sizes though. But once I got off it I gained weight. Nothing I did stopped the weight gain. I am now going back on it hoping to stop the weight gain.

June 11, 2014 2:56 AM

Review by Fritzels:

For Birth Control: First off, let me disclaim that while I rated this a ten in EFFECTIVENESS, that doesn't mean it was all great. It obliterated my sex drive. A few months into using it, I was completely uninterested in being with my partner. Sex was actually painful. I've been off it for about three weeks now and I'm back in full swing. I haven't gotten pregnant while using this without a condom, etc. So while it was effective, it was kind of useless for preventing pregnancy since I never wanted sex while on it anyway. I went on it initially for period cramps. My periods would last 2-4 weeks at a time and were awful. So painful. This brought them down to 1-1.5 weeks with what I am assuming to be normal cramping. I could function during my cycles on this.

June 2, 2014 1:06 PM

Review by rayyyy:

For Birth Control: I've been on two types of birth control. The first type made me sick to my stomach, but Sprintec doesn't. The only time I have been sick was when I forgot a day and took two the next day.

May 31, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I'm just starting on my second week of pills, and I've had no side effects so far! I take it at 8:30 every night, but I usually don't fall asleep until 11 and I haven't felt any nausea or sickness! I think it has started to clear up my skin, which is the main reason I started taking it.This is the first birth control I've ever tried and I love it!

May 19, 2014 2:34 AM

Review by Neave (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've been taking Sprintec for years - when I lost my health insurance, it was cheap, and was a mono-phase pill that I could take continuously, and it's been the best pill I've tried for cramps and lighter/shorter periods. I use it to control my polycystic ovarian syndrome (it's a low-androgen pill that helps control my PCOS-raised testosterone levels). If it impacts T levels too far it can lower the sex drive too much for some people - for me, it removed the worst aspects of having naturally high T-levels and put me into 'normal' range though. Including "balancing" my sex drive and clearing up my acne. I also use this pill continuously (4 period/year) to minimize pre-menstrual and menstrual migraines - "yay" I get both types. No period=no hormonal migraines.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate