User Reviews for Sprintec

Learn more about Sprintec.

Ovarian Cysts 18 reviews 55 medications

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 30 reviews 162 medications

4.3
Summary of Sprintec reviews 456 reviews 6.3

Reviews for Sprintec

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Terrible bc. I get sick just thinking of taking it. Periods are worse and longer. It's depressing not feeling normal. On my 3rd pack and things never changed for the better. Horrible!!"

hgc03 February 8, 2016

For Birth Control "I never had any problems. Best one I've taken."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 4, 2016

For Birth Control "I just started this two weeks ago. I was having bad mood swings and missing periods so I was put on the pill. I have had good expierences so far. Only complaint is that my boobs hurt a lot. Like all the time. I can't tell if they are growing or just hurting. Also I've had some pains in my uterus but I believe it's bc the pill is doing all that nonsense thickening the walls and all that jazz. Everything is good!!! I haven't gotten my first period on it yet, I should next week. I'm really hoping my PMS won't be as bad on the pill as it was before"

tracey678 February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "The worst birth control. I have never felt more nauseous- I feel as if I am pregnant! I can't enjoy a glass of wine without throwing up. I'm sensitive to certain smells, I'm extremely bloated, and I gained 8 pounds in 3 weeks. I just started a new pack but am considering quitting it tomorrow and going to my doctor for a new one. Extremely frustrated over the side effects that I've experienced."

Dina H. February 3, 2016

For Birth Control "I started taking this bc pill a month and week ago. At first I just got nauseous then I started getting migraines which were intense and the depression was horrible I was so emotional over stupid things.I got my second pack and took it at 7pm woke up at 8am and felt fine but around 12 I felt bad .I was so weak I couldn't move and I was sweating and cold and my arm went numb and it felt like I had a hang over but worse. my eyes hurt also. I am getting off this pill and getting switched to a different kind. This was the first bc pill I've ever used."

Jess4741 January 28, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on this BC pills since Aug. 2015 and since November 2015 I've had a period every month (twice in Nov.) I'm only supposed to have a period once every three months. For the last 20yrs. my periods have always lasted 5 maybe 6 days but since switching to Sprintec they are now more like 8 to 10 days long. But I'm not supposed to be having a period at all. I've seen three doctors who basically tell me it's normal, how? This is the only pill that has done this to me! It's put a strain on my relationship and I have officially stopped taking it as of yesterday. I'm going back to my doctors to get put on a different one."

Leena_D (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2016

For Birth Control "I've been on Sprintec for 9 months. I'm pretty satisfied with it now, but at first I had major side effects. The first month was awesome. Every thing went great! My period was so much lighter, but it lasted 6 days( which is not normal for me) After the first month, I started getting migraines. I got a yeast infection from it, which was hell. And for two months I was getting my periods twice a month. I haven't experienced any weight gain. My boobs haven't gotten bigger. And I haven't developed any mood swings or depression. I would recommend this product. It prevents pregnancy pretty well. And I get my period on time every time, and I like that. and it's affordable."

courtney1987 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2016

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I have been on this pill for almost 7 months now and when I first started I would have horrible mood swings. I've been depressed ever since the first pill and now I have been bleeding for the last month so I've decided to stop taking it and look for something better. Nor did it help the cramps. Just made them worse and last longer."

BobbieJones January 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I had no trouble with this medication for almost 2.5 years. However, I've developed negative side effects including: painful cramping for weeks at a time, bleeding between periods, stomach bloating, acne and breast pain."

poeticrain (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 17, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm 18 this is my first time using any method of bc and I'm half way through the 2nd week and as soon I started this it's been hell. I have stomach and back cramps 24/7 everytime I eat I want to vomit I've been very moody and feel more depressed than usual. I started birth control because I would have my period for 3 weeks straight and very heavy bleeding I'm not sure if sprintec is going to work for me but from what I've read the majority of the reviews seem to like this method, personally not a fan"

Holyfrijole_ (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2016

For Birth Control "I'm a healthy 26 yr old. I took Sronyx for about two or three months, which I had to stop due to the intense migraines it caused. I was then switched to Sprintec. I'm was on it for almost two years. I must say it was absolutely effective at preventing pregnancy. No scares. And even when I missed a day and had to double up (which only happened once or twice). For the first three months or more, I had no issues other than fatigue. Then the other side effects came. Acne, extremely dry skin, hair loss. I experienced a significant amount of weight gain, which I was unable to lose, even though I run and work out regularly. And I got mood swings and depression to the point of suicidal thoughts! I thought I was going crazy. But everyone is diff."

HelloItsMeErica (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 13, 2016

For Birth Control "I was switched to this from Loryna (generic Yaz) two months ago. I've been on some form of BC since age 19 to control horrible cramps and prevent ovarian cysts, and I'm 27 now. Hoped this pill would lessen the ovarian tenderness and stop the weight gain (40 lbs in one year!) I had while on Loryna. Well, I'm horribly gassy and have had diarrhea every day for going on three weeks now of my 2nd pack. It's clearing up my acne and sex drive is better by a smidge, but my period is a lot longer and heavier, rather than shorter and lighter like it was on Loryna. Cramps are much worse, too, and I feel tired all the time. The crazy appetite increase Loryna gave me hasn't changed, either. Calling my gyno today to see if I can switch."

magyar_boheme88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2016

For Birth Control "This was the best thing that's ever happened to me. I had a good experience with Sprintec with no symptoms at all, other than some bad breaking out during the first two months. My skin dramatically cleared up after the third month, only giving me a pimple or two during my period."

Yvetta December 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I started Sprintec at 15 to regulate my periods and as a birth control and have been on it for the past 4 years. During the first month I experienced mood swings and irritability, but by the 3rd month I was fine. It's eased my period symptoms (terrible cramping and fatigue) and proven highly effective as a birth control. I've recently experienced breakthrough bleeding from taking it inconsistently and am going to take a break from it. I definitely recommend this pill."

Joy19 December 27, 2015

For Birth Control "This pill has been effective as far as controlling any pregnancy, but since I have been taking it my sex drive has lessened and I've become moody more often. I feel mildly depressed most days and don't have much interest in anything at all. However, I have always been a very motivated person so have tried my best to still work myself out at the gym and do things i love. I feel more negative about things than positive. I am about to get off the pill and just give my body a break from any added hormones!"

SalsaSarah334 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 26, 2015

For Endometriosis "I just start this pills this month and start my period the Saturday before Christmas and I'm on the white pill that suppose to start your period on and I'm still having it. If it keep's up I will all so be having my period for 2 weeks. I'm getting tired of bleeding and the pain that comes with it. Thank you."

Darkangel33 (taken for less than 1 month) December 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Started taking sprintec specifically for birth control around 2 years ago. It was the first BC I've ever been on and I had always had a very predictable cycle. I would have intense cramping on the first day of my period but if I caught it early it was easily controlled with ibuprofen. Over the 2 years I've been on sprintec I have gotten more and more PMS symptoms. I get nausea as well as cramping, both stomach and back. The symptoms last longer and are more intense. The most concerning part to me is that I began having extreme anxiety and have now been diagnosed with OCD. I can't say that the BC is the cause but I do wonder if it has been contributing. Use with caution and monitor yourself."

KinCO (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 26, 2015

For Birth Control "Not bad. First started this when I was 17. I didn't like how it made my periods and cramps way worse but over the months it's calmed down. I did get some mood swings, I didn't gain weight but I always felt hungry, I would eat and then five minutes later feel like I'm starving. I always take the pill before bed so I didn't Notice any headaches or weird feelings. It did kill my sex drive though. I'm 22 now and I decided to try something else. As soon as I stopped the pills my sex drive came back so it's been great. I didn't get pregnant so it wasn't too bad."

Syortiz11 (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 25, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "I hate this pill! It doesn't work and I wish I never took his pill! I was on this pill several years ago(7) after I had second child. Switch to the nuvoring, bleed like crazy, switch to the the shot it was good until I bleed like crazy switched to another pill bleed like crazy now this pill! I don't want to get off bc but I need to get my body back on track! Don't use this pill"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 24, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Sprintec sucks!!! The reason I got on the pill was so I can have sex and not get pregnant!! Well, it works because I can't have sex because I won't stop bleeding!!! I first started taking the pill in October, all was well. When I started taking the placebos, I started my period and it lasted for two weeks. It finally ended. I decided the next time to skip the placebos so I wouldn't bleed for two weeks. Well, I started to bleed anyways, and I've now been bleeding for probably close to a month now. It hasn't really helped with acne or anything either. IDK whether to continue to take the pill and hope for the best or stop taking it and maybe my bleeding will stop??? Ugh!!!"

jls_14 December 22, 2015

For Birth Control "As soon as a started my first pack of Sprintec, I immediately was having severe depression and mood swings. I am a healthy, fun loving, young girl who has little problems in life. This medication made me feel horrible about myself, and gave me a really negative outlook on daily activities. My boyfriend commented on my mood changes and obvious depression and lack of enthusiasm for activities I use to enjoy."

beach girl 96 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on this birth control for several months now. I was switched to it because my other birth control caused me to have anxiety attacks because of the hormones. This one is great, I have had absolutely no side effects. The only difference I have noticed in my body is that the skin on my face is very sensitive. I have gained no weight and my periods come on time every month and last about 4 days. Very happy."

Not Pregnant December 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I just finished my first month of being on the pill. I must say at first everything was going well. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit nervous trying this new method. I didn't have any cramping,nausea,fatigue, etc. Now that I'm at the end on the month I started my period (AGAIN) and I've been on for two weeks now. At first it started off as spotting so I didn't really care much (before being on this method my periods were horrible). Now going into my second week,the bleeding is heavier than expected. It sucks. I mean who wants to be on their period for two weeks and heavy bleeding at that. I guess there's no such thing as a perfect birth control method."

Vicky314 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 8, 2015

For Birth Control "This was my first time on birth control. At the beginning typical symptoms occurred such as nausea and spotting, but after a couple of weeks these symptoms faded away. I didn't have a problem with acne before occasionally it will flare up when my period was about to come or stress, but I noticed that it has cleared up my face and my back significantly. I rate this birth control a 5 because even though it has helped preventing pregnancy and regulating my period, every month I would get a yeast infection. The yeast infection got so bad that my doctor had to prescribe medication for it to go away Monistat as a treatment was out of the question. I was on this pill for four months."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "First brand of birth control ever, was feeling iffy about it from the start since the doctor said it was a "very basic brand" to start me off with. A week in and I was getting a headache after every pill, along with nausea, bloating, spotting, and just a general feeling of being constantly hungover. Fortunately I was taking it at night but it would mean I would be like a zombie for the rest of the time. I'm only just finishing the first pack but I already called to get switched to another brand. Not a fan."

JeM3 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2015