User Reviews for Zoladex

Learn more about Zoladex.

Prostate Cancer 4 reviews 92 medications

Breast Cancer, Palliative 1 reviews 108 medications

Endometriosis 11 reviews 175 medications

6.2
Bleeding Disorder 0 reviews 9 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Zoladex reviews 16 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Zoladex

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Endometriosis: I recently had injection number 5 out of a six month course of Zoladex for endometriosis. I am 31 years old and have already have 4 laparoscopies- fortunately I do not want children. For those who are scared, the injection does not hurt. You can opt to have an anesthetic anyway. Although I no longer suffer from the horrific pains, constipation and vomiting associated with my periods, I do still experience bleeding after my injection along with cramping which as far as I know is not normal considering the aim of Zoladex is to effectively induce a medical menopause. This was meant to cease after 2-3 injections. But I guess everyone is different, this is what gynecologists are for- speak to them!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 19, 2014 2:35 PM

Review by MariaEncarnita:

For Endometriosis: I had endometriosis and adenomyosis and suffered from severe pains and heavy bleeding. I used to end up in the hospital because the pains were unbearable. They used to give me morphine and other strong painkillers. I was advised to have hysterectomy but I had decided to try Zoladex. After 2 injections within 3 months, my period became painless and the bleeding became lighter. I haven't been to the hospital for period problems for nearly 2 years now and the lump in my uterus ( adenomyosis) which I could feel on my lower stomach disappeared. I would like to share this because Zoladex really helped me and cured me and have avoided to have hysterectomy.

May 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Alex.c:

For Endometriosis: I am halfway through my Zoladex treatment, and it has been an absolute God send for my pain. I'm not in any pain at all, which is exactly what I wanted. However I am struggling with the side effects; hot flashes, headaches, weakness, night sweats, tiredness, bone pain. I was struggling to get through the day before the treatment, and now I have these other problems to deal with. I am torn about how I feel about it. I would definitely recommend it though, as everyone has different levels of these symptoms, I might just be a bad case.

July 16, 2013 8:03 PM

Review by Ashley0407 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Endometriosis: I have stage 4 endometriosis and have had laproscopic surgery to remove it from my pelvis/abdomen but I also have it throughout my bowel and it has penetrated all the way through. My doctor has put me on Zoladex for 9 months and I am on month 4. It has helped to manage my pain so far, initially it had taken virtually all of the pain away but within the last month it has slowly been resurfacing but it is still better than when I don't take it at all. The hot flashes, flushing, slight weight gain, night sweats, trouble sleeping, muscle aches, moodiness, anxiety, vaginal dryness and lack of sex drive are all bothersome but it beats being in constant pain and I know that the symptoms are temporary. I would definitely recommend Zoladex for endometriosis pain.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 3, 2013 11:56 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Endometriosis: I was on Zoladex for nearly 2 years and I recently had to stop because my doctor chose to take me off. I absolutely loved it! No period for almost 2 years! I had hot flashes and have a scar on my stomach from the injections, but it was totally worth it. My periods have finally come back and I wish I were still on this miracle medicine.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 8, 2013 1:44 AM

Review by BumbleB (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Prostate Cancer: Seems to have worked well in reducing cancer/PSA. Minimal side effects EXCEPT for both hands. Both hands are painful when moved and big knuckles can be very hurtful when holding an object. Warmth helps, as does minimising hand movements. Can hold a tennis ball without problems. a golf ball with some effort and pain, and a pen or small object can be a big problem to grasp.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2012 12:39 PM

Review by ernst1930 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Prostate Cancer: In January 2009 - My Prostate Cancer had metastasised into both ischia (Pelvis). My PSA was 33. I was prescribed Casodex as a forerunner to Zoladex LA (to avoid Tumour Flare. I was then lucky because I managed to rid myself of the Secondary Cancer by June 2009. I had altogether 15 implants of Zoladex LA over the last 3¼ years - and after my bone scan still showed "Image Clear" - my Urologist allowed me to discontinue any future treatment for the time being - but - keeping a careful watch my PSA (which most recently was down at 0.270) and the Testosterone level - (down at 0.2). I am now in my 5th week since the end of the last of the 12-week cycle and I am due to have a Blood test in 3 days' time. I felt very little side effects any time.

September 30, 2012 10:13 AM

Review by Pet80:

For Endometriosis: I've been on Zoladex for 8 months now, I'm just having my 9th injection this week. Positive effects - endometriosis is not inflamed anymore which increases chances of getting pregnant. No periods therefore no pain. Side effects - where do I start. The worst is a significant weight gain, tiredness, hot flushes, sleepless nights and low energy levels. Plus no sex drive whatsoever. But anything to have a baby.

May 28, 2012 4:19 PM

For Endometriosis: My doctor suggested this for endometriosis. 6 months of injections, total agony. The injection itself is tolerable if the person giving it knows what they are doing. Every symptom of menopause hit me within 2 or 3 weeks. No weight gain. It did stop my periods. After 4 years of suffering and 2 of that in and out of doctors I'm completely frustrated and exhausted.

January 8, 2012 10:45 PM

For Endometriosis: I have used Zoladex 3 month implant for 9 months, as I suffer from Pulmonary Endometriosis. Zoladex was the only medication that successfully stopped my periods, and to stop my lungs collapsing every cycle. Positives would be no mood swings, clear skin, and no periods therefore no pain. Negatives would be I gained 10 kilos, which I'm working on losing, but the weight was better than having horrific lung pain. I did have a small amount of bone pain, but this has stopped since I've been off the medication for a month. The other negative is its only subsidized in some parts of Australia. One state its $25 the other $1000 for three months. I hope this helps. In many ways Zoladex has helped me live a normal life again.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 27, 2011 9:35 PM

For Endometriosis: Love it! The hot flashes aren't much fun, but they're worth having no period or pain!

July 11, 2011 1:50 AM

Review by franklin3517:

For Prostate Cancer: I've been on it for about 7 years and my PSA has never been above .5. No side effects.

March 8, 2011 7:45 PM

For Endometriosis: I was given a 3month injection with terrible side-effects culminating in night sweats every 40minutes, shivers, difficulties in breathing, headaches, neck pain and eventually severe depression. The side effects starting showing at week four. I had never ever experienced depression prior to this. After 6 months, sufficient levels of the medicine remain in my system to continue affecting me. Other medication (Provera) prescribed by my gynecologist to counter those symptoms have given me some relief, although it took 3 weeks for that to occur, rather than the 4 days expected.

October 28, 2010 9:16 AM

Review by kiki 32:

For Breast Cancer, Palliative: I am 32 years old and I have to take Zoladex for 3 years with the medicine Tamoxifen for 5 years. I have been on Zoladex for about a year now. Some of my side effects include severe mood swings, hot flashes, loss of menstrual cycle, weight gain (28 pounds so far), loss of energy, swelling of hands, forgetfulness.

March 1, 2010 6:44 PM

Review by Nasty Head:

For Prostate Cancer: I was on this first with tablets for a fortnight then injections once a month for 3 months. It gave me SEVERE mood swings and forgetfulness.

February 4, 2010 8:46 AM

Review by Andie1985:

For Endometriosis: This is what my doctor gave me. It was better then just going with out the medicine - it is a shot given by your doctor or nurse once a month below your belly button, it hurt but only for a second and it did leave little dot scars from where the needle went. I had treatment for 6 months and didn't have any signs of endometriosis but the down fall is that you do gain weight from the medicine. When I started I gained almost 20 pounds and I tried to maintain it during treatment. Doctor said it's easier to wait until after treatment is over, then work on your weight. Zoladex does work.

March 24, 2009 12:25 PM