Medication Guide App

User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 177 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 118 reviews 7.2

Reviews for TriNessa

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Acne: I took TriNessa because I had really bad acne around my period. I've taken it for a month now and when I have my period my skin is clear. But when I'm not on my period my skin isn't. It's kind of opposite of what it was doing before.

July 9, 2012 6:44 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I loved it! It was absolutely great. Weight gain is a myth.

July 5, 2012 1:44 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa for 10 months. So far I have had breast tenderness, fatigue, weight gain, 104lb to 127lb (yes huge difference,) lower abdomen pain. Headaches, mood swings not so much but I do cry a lot and I mean a lot. The pill is doing its job although I've had one scare. My periods comes three days late and last about 3-6 hours, my period hasn't been longer than a day. And it's light very light like spotting. Trinessa is a good pill it has done its job but the sides effects are like symptoms of pregnancy. I could do without the side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 4, 2012 8:12 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa now for about three months, and I love it! I was very hesitant going into it after reading many bad reviews, but so far its been smooth sailing. I have not had any breakthrough bleeding, I just get mild morning stomach aches after my period ends and I start a new pack. Mild mood swings, but nothing I can't handle. This is the first birth control I've been on, so I don't have anything to compare to, but I love it!

June 15, 2012 4:49 PM
Review by Tugga (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for a year now. I went to the doctor because I had horrible cramps. The pain from the cramps made me vomit and have diarrhea. In the first 2 months or so of starting Trinessa I had spotting. After this it was gone. My period came every 31 days or so (which was how it was before birth control) for 6 months. After six months on being on Trinessa my period regulated to exactly every 28 days. Triness has definitely made my period cramps lighter, which is great. I just take two Aleve before and during my period and I feel better. I have not gained any weight from it. But I have noticed my sex drive is way lower. If you take two pills at once because you missed one, be careful! You may get nausea.

June 8, 2012 5:55 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): I have been on Trinessa for almost a year and I would recommend this pill. It increased my breast size (a huge plus) without adding excess anywhere else. It is inexpensive, and I can plan for the exact time frame I will get my period. It is very regular. My sex drive has increased. The only negative thing is that I have become more emotional and over dramatic, but not necessarily with only bad emotions.

June 3, 2012 7:47 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I was on Trinessa when I was 18 for about a year, and it worked fine for me. I then discontinued use of any form of birth control for for several years, but at 24, I decided to get back on the pill. I figured I would go back to Trinessa since it worked well before. I've had a history of irritable bowel syndrome ever since I was a child, and finally got it under control at around age 21. The first time I was on this pill at 18, it didn't affect my bowel habits. But something must have changed with the pill or with my body, because from the day I got on this pill last month, I've been having irritable bowel flare-ups DAILY, literally unable to leave the bathroom for an hour.

May 28, 2012 1:09 PM
Review by Ashley Presser (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was originally on Beyaz to treat an array of symptoms, mainly: acne, cramping, mood swings, vomiting upon arrival of period. Beyaz was bad the first month and then I didn't really have any problems with it after the first month... except it DECIMATED MY SEX DRIVE! When my insurance unexpectedly stopped covering all birth controls I got the cheapest birth control available, TriNessa. The first month was bad. On the white week I was fine but by the second week I was in pain all the time. However, I remembered that, I guess with my body, the first go-round with hormones is always the roughest. I decided to stick it out another month and I'm so glad I did. No adverse side effects. And my sex drive is back.

May 27, 2012 2:17 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: Positives: I'm not pregnant, and it really has cleared up my acne. My periods are shorter, not necessarily lighter. Negatives: I've been taking Trinessa for about a year and my periods still do not come at the same time every month. I will be the first to admit I do not take it at the EXACT time every day, but definitely within a window of a few hours. Before my period, I notice that I will get very dizzy and lightheaded, which never happened to me before. It has also made me VERY emotional- I'm a pretty sensitive person, but it was never this bad. Finally, I have noticed that the pill reduces my appetite, however, if I do not constantly have a small amount of food in my stomach, I feel nauseous (I never vomit), it goes away once I eat.

May 15, 2012 2:19 PM
Review by Mint9009 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I just finished my active pills two days ago and still haven't gotten my period. My acne has cleared up a little bit but not entirely. The only downside so far has been a little bit of stomach cramping.

May 11, 2012 10:26 PM
Review by odalis_21: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm 21 and I've started taking Trinessa on March 20th and its been working great! No pregnancy scare which I love! One big flaw it did have on me was when I got my period on the first of April which I had it for 2 whole weeks! The first week was super duper heavy and I've never gotten it like this before. This is the first birth control I taken so after 3 kids Trinessa is working. My body is just getting use to this birth control I guess.

April 17, 2012 1:16 PM
Review by roci/ez: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been taking Trinessa for one year and this pill is great. I have never had change of mood, heavy periods, breast tender, gain weight or lost weight. I have had more interest on sex than I was which is good. I love this pill what else can I say!

April 13, 2012 1:04 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been on TriNesaa for two years. I take it every day at the same time. I've never missed a pill. It cleared my acne. I've not had a pregnancy scare and this is the only form of birth control my husband and I use. I have not gained weight. Sex no longer hurts due to endometriosis because the pill had reduced the side effects. My only complaint is my constant mood swings, which changes in a second.

April 10, 2012 8:52 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I'm 23 and have been on Trinessa for 4 months. I switched from Loestrin 24 for affordability. For reference, I experience very heavy cramps and bleeding and about a week long period when not on birth control. I have about a 3 day period that is moderate to heavy (it doesn't lighten my period very much, but it does shorten it). Cramps are reduced. The week of my period I experience noticeable mood swings (unlike when I was on Loestrin, and didn't experience any). But overall, I am very happy with this birth control. It's extremely affordable, shortens my period, lightens cramps, and does not cause mood swings outside of when I normally would right before my period. I would recommend giving it a shot!

March 22, 2012 9:18 AM
Review by maoverlund: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've only been on TriNessa for a month now but so far I'm having mixed results. I decided to go back on birth control after a 8 year break (my husband had a vasectomy 8 years ago). I had been looking into NovaSure due to extremely heavy periods but decided to try the cheaper route first. I used to be on Ortho- Tricyclen before my second son was born with no problems that I recall. I asked for the same again but was given TriNessa which I assumed would be the same. Almost as soon as I started, I've been experiencing night sweats, slight weight gain (about 5lbs), and breast soreness. So far my period is lighter though so I guess it worked for that. I'll give it another 2 months and see if the negatives go away.

March 15, 2012 1:40 PM
Review by Izz hoping: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa for a little over a year, and since I am not pregnant I would say its doing it's job. The cramps that I used to have sent me home sick, and my period lasted 15 days once! However, when I first started on the pill I would get this strange really subtle nausea. Its subtleness almost made me feels worse, but that went away.

March 12, 2012 12:56 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate): When I read reviews of Trinessa after I got prescribed to it, I almost decide not even to try it. However, I have had such a positive experience with it. I went on birth control for bad cramps and acne with birth control being a secondary need. My periods are so much lighter and cramps are almost non existent. Though I never had acne as a teenager, I've been struggling with breakouts lately. My skin is looking so much better! I'm 21 and this is my first birth control. I recommend at least trying it. Everyone's body is different so just try it out and decide for yourself.

February 29, 2012 12:34 PM
Review by Ilovemycupcake: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love this pill! The only problem I had with it was during the first month. I had been struggling with panic attacks for about 9 months before starting Trinessa but they became alot worse during the first month of taking it. After the first month, however, I was fine no more emotional problems (except those I had normally). I also have bouts of nausea sometimes around my period, but nothing I can't handle. No pregnancy scares, no weight gain, and no acne. I take it religiously at the same time everyday without fail (alarm on my phone really helped). First time I've taken birth control and it's been a good experience. I'm 19, for reference.

February 23, 2012 11:40 PM
Review by amanda2969: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I actually really like this birth control. It's doing a great job at preventing pregnancy with no alternate contraception. My only side effect has been weight gain, which no woman will be happy with..along with moodiness during my period but thats pretty typical.

February 21, 2012 1:01 PM

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I have been on Tri Nessa for over a month and love the results so far! At first I had a lot of symptoms headaches, nausea, etc. but it went away after a few days. Its effective and not to expensive.

February 15, 2012 6:28 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I love Trinessa. I've been on it for about a year and a half now. Unlike other birth controls the most weight I gained since I started it is 2 pounds. I love it. Simple, easy to use, and effective. Give it a shot. Plus cleared up my acne!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 2, 2012 2:39 PM
Review by KellaO: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: Originally I started to take birth control for heavy cramps and periods. Having used Ortho Tricyclen Lo for about three years as a teen, I got off and realized my mood swings stabilized, depression lifted, and my cramps, although painful, were actually LESS than on OTC Lo. For a time I was put on Trinessa, and there were absolutely NO side effects. But then my insurance switched me back to OTC Lo, I realized why I became a crazy-face again. Needless to say, I insisted on Trinessa, and the three dollar copay is WELL worth the peace of mind it gives me. Plus, my skin is flawless now.

February 1, 2012 10:21 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I've been taking Trinessa for over a year now and I started taking it because I had such bad pains, where I would lay on the couch and cry. I started taking it and pains were still there but not anywhere near as bad I could still function and want to get up and do things. It does not cause me to be moody, I've never gained weight from this pill and I've never had any pregnancy scares on this pill. I do recommend this for anyone wanting to start taking birth control!

February 1, 2012 7:41 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I am 21 years old. I started Trinessa when I was 18 for birth control. The pill was wonderful, and I stayed on it for about 8 months or so. I stopped the pill for six months, but because my periods become irregular I started the pill again. This time I've been on it the longest probably a year and a half or 2. I think the last 6 months or so have been hell. I experienced cramping, bloating, and nausea starting on week 2 of the pill pack. Close to week 3 I have a series of migraines. The headaches were too much for me. I stopped the pills and am now on Loestrin 24 Fe. I just started week two, so I don't know how well these work. Overall Trinessa is an effective pill. I think my body just got tired of it. I hope my review helps!

January 21, 2012 10:53 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

TriNessa (ethinyl estradiol / norgestimate) for Birth Control: I used to be on Tri-sprintec, my doctor recently switched me to to Tri-nessa and instantly I was in love with it. I didn't have my period at all, minor cramps and my acne is disappearing so quickly. I haven't had any mood swings either. Thank you.

January 17, 2012 8:43 PM