User Reviews for TriNessa (Page 3)

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 11 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 250 reviews 6.6

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "My doctor had switched me to to Trinessa (as it was completely covered by my insurance) about 2 years ago. It cleaned up my acne gave me soft beautiful skin. Light periods. And my cramps went away. But about 6 month ago I noticed I was getting pimples at the time of my period. No big deal because the went away at the end of my period. However the last couple of months I've had really bad breakouts on my chin and they are not going away! I guess every good thing comes to an end"

It did work (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this bc when I was about 17 years old. I had few side effects but over the course of a few months I started developing UTIs. I'd never gotten one previously but at the time I didn't associate it with the bc pills. The UTIs become frequent, multiple UTIs within a month even peeing after intercourse, taking cranberry supplements, wearing looser clothing, etc. After a couple years my prescription ran out (away at college). The UTIs immediately stopped and I haven't experienced one since. Another long term side effect I experienced was depression and irritability. I was treated for that and am still recovering from the depression. I've been off the pill for over a year now and things are finally just now normalizing."

Maddie.n.d (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "Migraines and more migraines. I was getting up to 4 migraines a month to the point I started a headache log. I never put two and two together until I mentioned my frequent migraines to my doctor and he told me to go off Trinessa immediately, as it may cause stroke during migraine. Alarming, to say the least. I wasn't convinced that my migraines were related to Trinessa, but now that I've been off it for well over a month with zero migraines, I know that was the cause. I suppose it did its job in regard to the cysts (I have a hysterectomy, so I didn't need it for BC reasons), but the migraines and decreased sex drive were no fun at all. I was blaming hormones, but I was mistaken."

freefrompain (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 8, 2015

For Acne "I started taking TriNessa 3wks ago to help with my cyst acne and my cyst acne is so bad! My jaw line is ten times worse than it was so I’m really on the fence as to whether this was a good idea ☹ . I literally went from having one or two cysts during my period to now having ten on one side of my face and 5 on the other side the entire month! I’m getting a new one every day and they are so painful I have to ice them down at night and in the morning. I’ve read reviews that said things got worse before they got better and I really hope this is the case and I hope there won't be any scaring. I’ll update this review in a month."

Jessica Trinessa not for me? December 7, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa for maybe two years. I've changed birth control multiple times because I wanted to try something that would give me less periods. When my doctor and I discovered fewer periods a year wasn't working for my body, she put me on Trinessa. From the start I have had nausea so bad it wakes me up in the middle of the night for the first few pills of the pack. I have been getting infections such as BV and UTI's. I have never ever had any of those infections or any problems with my vag before starting this birth control. Periods are still heavy, cramps are really bad.My sex drive is just gone. My boyfriend thinks I find him unattractive or that I'm with someone else and cheating on him. Only good thing, no babies"

FourEyes4Life (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 7, 2015

For Acne "Went on this to try and get my hormonal acne under control, and while it took about six months to get rid of my acne, I couldn't be happier with it now. (I've been on it for about eight months, and now I don't have any cysts or whiteheads. It feels like a miracle!)"

ginnyoh November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for three years now. I love it. I do have mild nausea at the beginning of the cycle if I don't eat much but other than that it works pretty well. Overall I really like it. I had problems with weight gain before I started taking it and it has caused me to lose weight and if I don't eat enough I will just keep losing a ton of weight. I don't get headaches from it and no abnormal bleeding. The only thing I might have to say negative is that I get pretty Moody sometimes. I used to be happy go lucky before I took this and now I'm more emotional. Maybe it's just me getting older. I've been on it so long I can't really tell!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "On my first pack of Trinessa. I had slight nausea the first night of taking the pill and a headache the next day but otherwise, no side effects. I haven't gained any weight or broke out at all. No crazy mood swings either! I was terrified to try this pill because of the awful reviews but I have been totally normal."

lc15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this for about two years. I gained 20lbs from it. But I needed to regulate my period. Also my thyroid levels always changed drastically on this, while off it not too bad. Trinessa also made my breast hurt so bad, showers were horrible with the water hitting them. I feel bloated half the month and irritated that this is the only birth control I can afford because Insurance won't cover even with my condition. Also my eyes always were dry and itchy."

Hashimotos and PCOS help, not! (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I just started this last week and I've had the worst nausea in the world ,can't even sleep I take it at night and wake up feeling really unwell . I'm taken it to regulate my period but I swear it's not worth it I want to stop but idk if I should wait to see if it would go away, I'm extremely emotional and grumpy .I get mad for anything and cry for anything it's ridiculous ! I don't know what to do ! Help ?!"

Girl17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I lost 5 pounds after a month of using Tri-Nessa. It was the 3rd or 4th birth control I tried, and the only one that keeps my period under control. With the other birth controls I tried, I had 2 periods per month! Not fun when you are a newlywed!! I have been taking Tri-nessa for 4 years and have not gotten pregnant. The only complaint I have is lower sex drive, but there are ways around that! ;-)"

It works for me November 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on TriNessa for around six months now. I have been on birth control for 9 years due to ovarian cysts, horrid periods/cramping, and obviously to prevent pregnancy. I have had to switch from pill to pill over the years due to complications. When I was switched to TriNessa six months ago I felt horrible pretty much from the start. TriNessa initially caused mood swings (have subsided since) and spotting for two packs straight. This pill STILL kindly provides me with constant bloating for about two weeks out of a pack, an obliterated sex drive and life with my fianc"

emsmiley November 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I had started this pill back in April after having my second endometriosis attack that landed me in the hospital. I had tried other birth control pills prior to this one and they did not work either when it came to my endometriosis. I stopped taking this pill one month ago because it began to make me feel nausea throughout the day and I began to feel emotional from it as well. I have to say that it did shorten and lightened my periods though. I am very depressed that it did not work for me. I have been battling these issues for many years and nothing has 100% effective yet. If you have bad endometriosis, don't use this pill! I hope to find a birth control the stops my periods and treats my endometriosis soon."

Teach2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control pill for almost a year. At first, I was an extreme bitch and super emotional for about the first month or two and my breasts increased and I probably gained about 5 pounds. I also spotted throughout the first month of taking it. But after three months, everything went back to normal, and my acne decreased I had occasional zits here and there but now my skin is completely clear. Also, it has made my period 3 days shorter. My period used to be a week long and now it lasts four days and it's pretty light and I do not get any cramps. If you can make it through the first few months it's totally worth it!"

Sydneyyyyyyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2015

For Acne "I have been on Ortho Tri-cyclen or its generic equivalents for about a year and a half ago as an acne treatment. The first few months starting it my skin saw no change/ even got a little worse but then right around that three month mark it started clearing up beautifully and now I only ever get one or two pimples the week before my period. I started the pill at the same time I started college, ended up gaining around 10 pounds my freshman year but I can't be sure how much of that was a result of the pill. No negative impact on emotions which was a nice surprise considering what I had heard from friends."

CRJ1123 October 6, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "Taken trinessa for two months now. Helps me to have a regular cycle. Only thing that bothers me is that I feel really irritable and moody. I don't like that. I use to take orthro tri cyclen lo but my insurance don't cover that particular brand and I loved it because I had no side effects. I guess I should give it more time and maybe the side effects will go away."

Cfraz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I asked my doctor for a birth control because I was in a relationship and we both decided pregnancy is not in our near future and I can say Trinessa did it's part when it comes to baby making time haha. I did not break out a lot before Trinessa, but now even during the week I get my period, I have zero acne, and I am talkin no zits at all. I do not take the sugar pills during the week I am on my period because they are only there to take if you can not remember to start your birth control that Sunday, other than that they will make you gain weight. Downside I'm on like month 6 and I'm nauseous almost every time I take my pill sometimes even after I take it on a full stomach. Still regular cycle, overall I do like it besides the nausea."

malimauigirl September 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm in the middle of my third month using trinessa. I'm 17 and it's the first form of birth controll pills I've tried. Overall these first few months have been a positive experience. I had minor acne which is all gone and I never break out. My periods are much lighter. I only have to use a "regular" size tampon for 4 days but then I will usually spot for 3-4 more days, in which I'll just use a panty liner. My first week and month on trinessa was pretty difficult, it messed with my vision and definitely my mood. I became very depressed and even suicidal at times but things have gotten better since then. I have not gained or lost any weight on the pill and still have the same appetite. Also, It has been a great contraceptive. :)"

Molllygirl September 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this for about 5 months and didn't hate it until the last month or two, but by then I really, really hated it. My shin was pretty clear and my breasts grew two cup sizes, which was nice. However, they hurt constantly and were always sore. I always felt bloated and gained 5 pounds the first week, and another 8 pounds over the next couple months, The weight was IMPOSSIBLE to lose, and as someone who has struggled with eating disorders it was extremely disheartening. The worst part, however, was a complete and total loss of interest in sex. It was really damaging my relationship, to which sex has been a really huge part. The sex drive wasn't hugely affected until the end of my use of trinessa but it was a very intense drop off."

cassidyyylea September 24, 2015

For Acne "I started taking TriNessa about three months ago as a primary birth control while I am on Isotretinoin (Accutane). Overall, I have had a positive experience with it; I haven't had any nausea, headaches, abnormal mood swings, or acne flares. The main negative thing I have to say is when my first period started while taking this I had the WORST cramps ever, and a pretty heavy flow. However, my second period rolled around, and I did not have any cramps at all plus a normal flow! The only other side effects I have experienced are hair loss and some breast tenderness."

Bethany G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

For Acne "I had beautiful clear skin until I was 23. From the time I was 23 until I was 27 I had horrible cystic acne only cheeks and jaw. I worked out usually 5 days a week, ate semi healthy, but had high stress. Before trinessa, I weighed 123 (which is low for me). I have been on trinessa now or 4 years (now I am 32) and I have no acne, no baby, and I weigh 133 (but I work out a lot less and I am still considered a petite woman). I have been suicidal since I was 9 and I feel this has no effect on my moods but my husband took records and said the week before my period is when I am saddest. Also, week before my period, I weigh 138 but drop down to 133 the day the blue pills start. This is the only contraceptive I have tried. Try it, good luck."

RavenNess September 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this pill when I was 18, and I experienced extreme nausea the first two weeks (as is expected when you've never taken another bcp before). After that, I loved this pill for the most part. I never got pregnant; I never had any noticeable side effects. My periods were consistent and were lighter than before taking any pills. However, the downside was that my period was still too heavy for my liking which I didn't really notice until I started my clinical rotations for nursing school."

Aprille Joy September 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm just trying Trinessa for the first time and I absolutely hate it. Every day there's a point to where I'm very nauseated. . Feel depressed and just so sick.. yeah it shortened my period by 2 days but I just hate feeling like this everyday...it may work well for others...just my experience."

Tori092109 September 16, 2015

For Acne "took gianvi for about two years and felt it made me too emotional and not myself, but my skin was glowing. So I stopped taking it thinking my skin would be fine. After four ish months my skin was so gross and bumpy i told my geino i wanted new birth control for acne and she prescribed me tri sprintec. The pharmacy has given me tri prefivin and now tri nessa (bc theyre generics) this is my fourth month and my cystic acne has gotten worse. One day i forgot to take my pill and woke up the next morning with like 6 new cystic pimples on my forehead. I also have little bumps still on my face that are like little white heads especially all over my chin its terrible and looks dreadful in the sun. my chest and back are cleared but face is not."

ughhhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I've only been using TriNessa for a month. In the first couple weeks I experienced terrible headaches but they started to subside later. The pill did reduce my cramping but increased my bitchiness! No help with acne though!"

Chrissipoohster September 12, 2015