User Reviews for TriNessa (Page 3)

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 11 reviews 162 medications

Ovarian Cysts 3 reviews 55 medications

5.3
Summary of TriNessa reviews 245 reviews 6.6

Reviews for TriNessa

For Acne "Went on this to try and get my hormonal acne under control, and while it took about six months to get rid of my acne, I couldn't be happier with it now. (I've been on it for about eight months, and now I don't have any cysts or whiteheads. It feels like a miracle!)"

ginnyoh November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for three years now. I love it. I do have mild nausea at the beginning of the cycle if I don't eat much but other than that it works pretty well. Overall I really like it. I had problems with weight gain before I started taking it and it has caused me to lose weight and if I don't eat enough I will just keep losing a ton of weight. I don't get headaches from it and no abnormal bleeding. The only thing I might have to say negative is that I get pretty Moody sometimes. I used to be happy go lucky before I took this and now I'm more emotional. Maybe it's just me getting older. I've been on it so long I can't really tell!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 28, 2015

For Birth Control "On my first pack of Trinessa. I had slight nausea the first night of taking the pill and a headache the next day but otherwise, no side effects. I haven't gained any weight or broke out at all. No crazy mood swings either! I was terrified to try this pill because of the awful reviews but I have been totally normal."

lc15 (taken for less than 1 month) November 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this for about two years. I gained 20lbs from it. But I needed to regulate my period. Also my thyroid levels always changed drastically on this, while off it not too bad. Trinessa also made my breast hurt so bad, showers were horrible with the water hitting them. I feel bloated half the month and irritated that this is the only birth control I can afford because Insurance won't cover even with my condition. Also my eyes always were dry and itchy."

Hashimotos and PCOS help, not! (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 19, 2015

For Birth Control "I just started this last week and I've had the worst nausea in the world ,can't even sleep I take it at night and wake up feeling really unwell . I'm taken it to regulate my period but I swear it's not worth it I want to stop but idk if I should wait to see if it would go away, I'm extremely emotional and grumpy .I get mad for anything and cry for anything it's ridiculous ! I don't know what to do ! Help ?!"

Girl17 (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I lost 5 pounds after a month of using Tri-Nessa. It was the 3rd or 4th birth control I tried, and the only one that keeps my period under control. With the other birth controls I tried, I had 2 periods per month! Not fun when you are a newlywed!! I have been taking Tri-nessa for 4 years and have not gotten pregnant. The only complaint I have is lower sex drive, but there are ways around that! ;-)"

It works for me November 10, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on TriNessa for around six months now. I have been on birth control for 9 years due to ovarian cysts, horrid periods/cramping, and obviously to prevent pregnancy. I have had to switch from pill to pill over the years due to complications. When I was switched to TriNessa six months ago I felt horrible pretty much from the start. TriNessa initially caused mood swings (have subsided since) and spotting for two packs straight. This pill STILL kindly provides me with constant bloating for about two weeks out of a pack, an obliterated sex drive and life with my fianc"

emsmiley November 1, 2015

For Birth Control "I had started this pill back in April after having my second endometriosis attack that landed me in the hospital. I had tried other birth control pills prior to this one and they did not work either when it came to my endometriosis. I stopped taking this pill one month ago because it began to make me feel nausea throughout the day and I began to feel emotional from it as well. I have to say that it did shorten and lightened my periods though. I am very depressed that it did not work for me. I have been battling these issues for many years and nothing has 100% effective yet. If you have bad endometriosis, don't use this pill! I hope to find a birth control the stops my periods and treats my endometriosis soon."

Teach2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 21, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been taking this birth control pill for almost a year. At first, I was an extreme bitch and super emotional for about the first month or two and my breasts increased and I probably gained about 5 pounds. I also spotted throughout the first month of taking it. But after three months, everything went back to normal, and my acne decreased I had occasional zits here and there but now my skin is completely clear. Also, it has made my period 3 days shorter. My period used to be a week long and now it lasts four days and it's pretty light and I do not get any cramps. If you can make it through the first few months it's totally worth it!"

Sydneyyyyyyy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 19, 2015

For Acne "I have been on Ortho Tri-cyclen or its generic equivalents for about a year and a half ago as an acne treatment. The first few months starting it my skin saw no change/ even got a little worse but then right around that three month mark it started clearing up beautifully and now I only ever get one or two pimples the week before my period. I started the pill at the same time I started college, ended up gaining around 10 pounds my freshman year but I can't be sure how much of that was a result of the pill. No negative impact on emotions which was a nice surprise considering what I had heard from friends."

CRJ1123 October 6, 2015

For Ovarian Cysts "Taken trinessa for two months now. Helps me to have a regular cycle. Only thing that bothers me is that I feel really irritable and moody. I don't like that. I use to take orthro tri cyclen lo but my insurance don't cover that particular brand and I loved it because I had no side effects. I guess I should give it more time and maybe the side effects will go away."

Cfraz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2015

For Birth Control "I asked my doctor for a birth control because I was in a relationship and we both decided pregnancy is not in our near future and I can say Trinessa did it's part when it comes to baby making time haha. I did not break out a lot before Trinessa, but now even during the week I get my period, I have zero acne, and I am talkin no zits at all. I do not take the sugar pills during the week I am on my period because they are only there to take if you can not remember to start your birth control that Sunday, other than that they will make you gain weight. Downside I'm on like month 6 and I'm nauseous almost every time I take my pill sometimes even after I take it on a full stomach. Still regular cycle, overall I do like it besides the nausea."

malimauigirl September 28, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm in the middle of my third month using trinessa. I'm 17 and it's the first form of birth controll pills I've tried. Overall these first few months have been a positive experience. I had minor acne which is all gone and I never break out. My periods are much lighter. I only have to use a "regular" size tampon for 4 days but then I will usually spot for 3-4 more days, in which I'll just use a panty liner. My first week and month on trinessa was pretty difficult, it messed with my vision and definitely my mood. I became very depressed and even suicidal at times but things have gotten better since then. I have not gained or lost any weight on the pill and still have the same appetite. Also, It has been a great contraceptive. :)"

Molllygirl September 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this for about 5 months and didn't hate it until the last month or two, but by then I really, really hated it. My shin was pretty clear and my breasts grew two cup sizes, which was nice. However, they hurt constantly and were always sore. I always felt bloated and gained 5 pounds the first week, and another 8 pounds over the next couple months, The weight was IMPOSSIBLE to lose, and as someone who has struggled with eating disorders it was extremely disheartening. The worst part, however, was a complete and total loss of interest in sex. It was really damaging my relationship, to which sex has been a really huge part. The sex drive wasn't hugely affected until the end of my use of trinessa but it was a very intense drop off."

cassidyyylea September 24, 2015

For Acne "I started taking TriNessa about three months ago as a primary birth control while I am on Isotretinoin (Accutane). Overall, I have had a positive experience with it; I haven't had any nausea, headaches, abnormal mood swings, or acne flares. The main negative thing I have to say is when my first period started while taking this I had the WORST cramps ever, and a pretty heavy flow. However, my second period rolled around, and I did not have any cramps at all plus a normal flow! The only other side effects I have experienced are hair loss and some breast tenderness."

Bethany G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 24, 2015

For Acne "I had beautiful clear skin until I was 23. From the time I was 23 until I was 27 I had horrible cystic acne only cheeks and jaw. I worked out usually 5 days a week, ate semi healthy, but had high stress. Before trinessa, I weighed 123 (which is low for me). I have been on trinessa now or 4 years (now I am 32) and I have no acne, no baby, and I weigh 133 (but I work out a lot less and I am still considered a petite woman). I have been suicidal since I was 9 and I feel this has no effect on my moods but my husband took records and said the week before my period is when I am saddest. Also, week before my period, I weigh 138 but drop down to 133 the day the blue pills start. This is the only contraceptive I have tried. Try it, good luck."

RavenNess September 20, 2015

For Birth Control "I started this pill when I was 18, and I experienced extreme nausea the first two weeks (as is expected when you've never taken another bcp before). After that, I loved this pill for the most part. I never got pregnant; I never had any noticeable side effects. My periods were consistent and were lighter than before taking any pills. However, the downside was that my period was still too heavy for my liking which I didn't really notice until I started my clinical rotations for nursing school."

Aprille Joy September 16, 2015

For Birth Control "I'm just trying Trinessa for the first time and I absolutely hate it. Every day there's a point to where I'm very nauseated. . Feel depressed and just so sick.. yeah it shortened my period by 2 days but I just hate feeling like this everyday...it may work well for others...just my experience."

Tori092109 September 16, 2015

For Acne "took gianvi for about two years and felt it made me too emotional and not myself, but my skin was glowing. So I stopped taking it thinking my skin would be fine. After four ish months my skin was so gross and bumpy i told my geino i wanted new birth control for acne and she prescribed me tri sprintec. The pharmacy has given me tri prefivin and now tri nessa (bc theyre generics) this is my fourth month and my cystic acne has gotten worse. One day i forgot to take my pill and woke up the next morning with like 6 new cystic pimples on my forehead. I also have little bumps still on my face that are like little white heads especially all over my chin its terrible and looks dreadful in the sun. my chest and back are cleared but face is not."

ughhhh (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2015

For Birth Control "I've only been using TriNessa for a month. In the first couple weeks I experienced terrible headaches but they started to subside later. The pill did reduce my cramping but increased my bitchiness! No help with acne though!"

Chrissipoohster September 12, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control did it's job, that was the only good thing about it though. It gave me extreme nausea to the point where I didn't even want to see or smell food. It gave me terrible migraines a few hours after I took it every single day. It made my mouth dry and I couldn't self lubricate which was a bit annoying. I used to be very into sex, but once I was on it for a few weeks, my sex drive completely went away. My acne cleared up which was an extreme plus. I'd get 1-3 zits whenever I had my period. My period was always regular before I went on it then once I took the pills, I always got my period at the end of the pill cycle. It was an okay birth control, but I probably just reacted badly with it."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2015

For Birth Control "Around month two on trinessa I developed a few hives on my stomach but didn't connect it to the drug until month three or four when the rash had completely overtaken my stomach and sides. I stopped taking this medication and the rash cleared up in about two weeks and hasn't returned. Very weird."

Cassidylea (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2015

For Acne "My dermatologist put me on this to regulate my acne and I am currently on my third cycle using Trinessa. I had been on birth control for the same reason almost 2 years ago but I had a 15 lb weight gain in under 4 months which is crazy since I'm a runner. She told me these pills would not make me gain weight yet I've gone up around 7 lbs and noticed that my boobs have grown a lot. The only other side effect I have noticed is dizziness and headaches. But as for its effectiveness: my period is very regular and light and my face has completely cleared, I still get a few breakouts right before my period but it's usually not bad at all."

Runnerchick (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2015

For Birth Control "One of the very first side effects of this drug was spotting which I was ok with, but during the very first two months I experiences horrible cramping, way worse than the cramping of my usual period, I literally felt like my uterus was going to explode...it hurt that bad. Along with that also came the side effects of a burning vagina - very uncomfortable and worse it lasted a while, to the point where I didn't want to have sex. Also for 2 weeks I was very depressed. This drug caused me to be extra sensitive to everything. Along with that on the 4th month of taking this I started to get hives all over my forehead. They were terribly itchy and nothing made them go away, even after I stopped taking it, it took months for it to go away :("

moonrocky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 9, 2015

For Birth Control "I have been on Trinessa for 3 months now. I am 14 years old and am taking it for consistency in my period, acne, and consistent flow. I was very excited to start it because I didn't have a doubt in my mind that it wouldnt work the way I wanted it to. The first month I was on my period for 24 days. In the short time I've been on it i have gained 15 POUNDS!!!! I used to weigh 100-108 pounds now I weigh 120! Makes me wanna cry. I haven't changed my diet, and I have always exercised daily and remain very active. My acne has not improved, these to things are very devastating to my confidence. It has left me somewhat depressed and moody. I don't think I would recommend this however every person is different and it may work differently for the"

Aleaha721 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015