User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Endometriosis 0 reviews 161 medications

6.7
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 175 reviews 7.4

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control "I've been taking Trinessa for 3 weeks now. I have a little stomach pain sometimes but I guess I can deal with it and it is clearing my face which was something I notice today while looking in the mirror, I was glowing, loved it but I've been bloated and I really don't like looking pregnant when I'm not...but I do hope I'll gain weight just not in my stomach."

Alysssia July 13, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Trinessa for almost 6 months now and I haven't seen many issues with it. When I first started I was a bit moody, but now that side effect seems to have gone away. Also I've had somewhat irregular periods while on the pill. I've had no headaches, weight gain, my skin has cleared up a lot since starting it. I'd definitely recommend it."

chemical_kid (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on Tri-Nessa for about a year. But I have had one pretty serious side effect, vaginal discharge. I honestly did not think about it being a side effect when it started. I went to my doctor and they treated it as a yeast infection but nothing helped. My doctor told me I was just one of the few women that had regular discharge. Now that I have been off of Tri-Nessa for only a month, the discharge has stopped. I am now going to try and change medications."

cRobiee25 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 27, 2014

For Birth Control "I started taking the pill for my irregular cycle and it has worked but I've noticed I started having headaches, bloating and terrible mood swings. In addition, I've become somewhat lazy and gained a tad bit of weight. I'm about to be on my next set of pills starting tomorrow so I hope it gets better."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for over a year and its probably the best one so far. Its cleared my skin so much, I haven't gained any weight at all, and most importantly the periods are shorter. The bloating is horrible, the cramps don't usually last for more than 1 day. Like every other birth control it has cons, the mood swings and the bloating are pretty much the only ones I've experienced. I would recommend this to a friend."

lamaslinda (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 22, 2014

"I have been taking TriNessa for about a year and a half now and I have now decided to quit taking it. I can admit that it is excellent in keeping one from becoming pregnant. But I think that the negatives overpower the positives. For one, it changed my personality. I have become very mean and over tempered. Also my sex drive has plummeted and I don't even want to be touched. My boyfriend and I used to have almost daily spontaneous sex and it was both physical and emotional. Now we have sex like once a week, and we both agree that afterwards we felt like it was too much of a task."

Amri Kristen June 13, 2014

For Birth Control "I haven't taken any birth control at all for almost two years since having my baby and I was prescribed Trinessa 3 months ago by my midwife. Periods are short and it has cleared up my skin so much which is awesome, however the bloating is terrible. I have always been a thin person and have never had any weight issues but my stomach is so fat and bloated it looks like I'm 2-3 months pregnant. Decreased libido is the other negative side effect that I am experiencing as well."

NotPregnantButEhNotHappy April 29, 2014

For Birth Control "I have only been on this medication for 3 weeks. Already I am an emotional mess. I'm exhausted all the time. Not to mention me and my husband were having sex almost everyday. My first week on it I didn't even want him to touch me. He said I seem detached. We tried I cant even get turned on. No sex drive what so ever. For the sake of my relationship and my sanity I have decided to stop taking it..."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2014

For Acne "I've been in Trinessa for about 3 months now. I had SEVERE inflammatory and prior to getting on Trinessa. I've always had moderate acne but after my small pox vaccination (required by the military to deploy to the middle East) My doctor prescribed this pill solely for my acne. It took about a month and a half of using it to really notice a difference but man when it kicked in it kicked in. I get maybe 2-4 pimples a week now vs 20 new ones. And the ones I do get are not nearly as big or as inflamed. Even when I'm in my period I get far less than I used to. This was a miracle for me!"

eccles227 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2014

For Acne "I have only been on this pill for one cycle, but it seems as if my acne is worse. I was put on Trinessa solely for my acne and now I'm considering stopping. I have read reviews and the vast majority of those reviews mention a huge flare-up in their acne, just as I have, which makes me think that this isn't unusual. I really want to stick with it, but I'm not sure my self-confidence can handle it."

Anonymous :-) March 23, 2014

For Acne "I've been on this birth control for six months and I love it. I had acne all over my back and very few on my face. Within the first month my face cleared up and some on my back. Im now going on my seventh month and my whole back is clear. Ladies with acne definitely need to try this and Give it time to work"

Fullofsmiles March 21, 2014

For Birth Control "Over 2 months...I've gained 10lbs, awful mood swings, headaches (which I never used to get) and fatigue. I switched to this to help with my spotting but I feel like I'd take the spotting over this any day! Not happy."

Sonothappy March 6, 2014

For Birth Control "Never had a problem. Not intended weight gain, and periods seemed to turn out normal and right on time every month."

E.Wiser.694 February 8, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking this birth control for a year now and I absolutely love it. Since I started taking I've seen no physical change in my health. It cleared up my skin great!"

Lovethisstuff January 3, 2014

For Birth Control "I was on Depo for six yrs and recently switched. So far I love this birth control. My skin is so clear and glowing. I have short periods but mild headaches and mood swings. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone because of the minimal side effects. I love that my weight is under control."

Angie11 December 28, 2013

For Acne "I love this birth control. I've been on the pill for about 6 months and I still have NO Side effects, well I do eat alot. I'm now 159 lbs but that's okay. I got on this pill for birth control but mainly for acne, and it works so great. It gets worse before it gets better, I recommend this pill for everybody. Try it."

nadiaaaa December 13, 2013

For Birth Control "So I've been on Tri-Nessa for almost 2 months,and each time i start a new pack i get bad stomach pains and then on week 2 everything is back to normal. Since I've been on it i vomited twice and anytime i eat something my stomach feels empty, even though i ate a lot. My periods have been coming on time and my face is clearing. My only problem is the bad stomach pains."

Butterflygirl08 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 3, 2013

For Ovarian Cysts "This is my first time ever in my life being on birth control pills. My 1st week on these things my flow was heavier than I have ever seen it in years. I have always had my period regularly, but it would switch up once in a blue. My Gyno insisted that I get on them due to my PCOS. I am also unable to get pregnant and was also told it might help. So whenever I am ready to have children to get off the BC. I'm still not sure of how this works to get pregnant. I've just always been afraid to take BCPs only because I've seen and heard of the damages that have done to some women. Well I hope this plays out well. Will keep you all posted"

Di Casti November 3, 2013

For Birth Control "I've been on TriNessa for about two years and I love it. My skin is clear, my periods are usually only 4 days long with no severe cramps, and I haven't had any noticeable side effects like mood swings or weight gain. In fact I've lost almost thirty pounds in recent months through diet and exercise, so losing weight hasn't been an issue either. I've tried so many kinds of bc (the shot, the ring, other pills) and so far this one is my favorite."

Lizzie E. October 26, 2013

For Birth Control "I was on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for about six years before switching to the IUD, which was awful. I got my IUD taken out, and was put on Trinessa. I love it! I loved Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo a lot, and since getting married, money has become more of a priority. It's free with my insurance! Loving it! Physically, my skin has never been more clear, I have less cramps/breast tenderness, and a shorter, lighter period. It's awesome!"

marylikestodraw (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2013

For Birth Control "I have been on birth control for about 5 years but I had to switch brands due to Yaz being discontinued. I tried another brand at the beginning of the year with no luck. I've been taking Trinessa for 2 months and I has been awful! I haven't gotten pregnant which is a good thing but the side effects are extreme. I have gained about 5 lbs and I am bloated. I have had very bad cramps; they are so bad that my back even hurts. I have always suffered from migraines and they have been controlled but within the last week they have been awful. I am going to see my gyno next week to explore some other options. "

JamminC (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 15, 2013

For Birth Control "I just started taking TriNessa (I'm on my fourth pill). I'm 21 years old and it's my first time ever taking a birth control pill. So far, I love it! The first couple of days, I experienced a tiny headache. Nothing horrible. I barely even noticed it. I really don't feel any different. So far so good!"

Jf333 October 3, 2013

For Acne "I've never had acne until I was 27, I thought it was from giving birth but even 6 months later I was still breaking out. I started Trinessa and took it for 4 years and never had a pimple unless I stopped taking it. I'm now on a birth control implant and was taking Trinessa at the same because I was breaking out again. However I had to stop taking the Trinessa due to mood swings on two birth controls. I am going to have to take out my implant and get back on Trinessa, I get deep painful pimples that last weeks."

MilitaryMotherOf3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2013

For Birth Control "I am 23 with two little girls, got on the pill to have a nice sex life without the fear of becoming pregnant. It's been three months and my boyfriend says I have become real moody. I eat all day everyday if I was not on the pill, I would think I was pregnant. I started out 125lbs and so far I'm still 125 pounds. My skin is glowing and the best news of all I'm not pregnant again but at times I get really sad and depressed. This is something I never experienced in life so I'm dealing with it for now."

ladybug23 September 7, 2013

For Acne "I'm 15 and I've been on Trinessa for about a month. I have NO side effects. I'm on the pill for acne and I'll tell you it does get worse then better. I had the worst breakouts when I first started it and I wanted too get off the pill but I was going be patient. Now my skin is improving. I recommended this for you. Try it."

nadiaaa August 27, 2013