User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 177 medications

6.9
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 126 reviews 7.1

Reviews for TriNessa

For Birth Control: I was on the shot for about 3yrs but decided to change to a birth control, and my Doctor recommended Tri-Nessa since I had mild acne. So I started taking it and I have to say I love it. My period comes at the same time every month, no pregnancy scares and I often have sex unprotected. My acne cleared up. The only side effect I had in the beginning was tender breast, and being a little emotional. After it went away. I take the pill at the same time every day. So I highly recommend to everyone.

November 18, 2012 12:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Overall I've had good luck. I went on it to treat my acne. For the first 2 weeks my skin on my face and back got SO bad. Everything was inflamed to the point where sitting & leaning up against something was painful. Also, for the first month (my hormones where out of whack trying to adjust) so I was having intense mood swings. I was annoyed/ easily irritated by everything and had no patience causing me to snap at times uncontrollably. When it got to this point I wanted nothing more than to get off the medicines. But I'm so glad I stayed on it. After a month things got better. My body adjusted. No more severe mood swings & my acne is clear. I occasionally get breakouts the week before my period. No pregnancy & no weight gain either. Definitely try it!

November 12, 2012 10:29 AM

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control and the only birth control I will ever try, I love it! I became sexually active about 9 months ago and decided to have the birth control at hand. I read all these reviews and became so scared but I'm glad I tried it for myself! Me and my boyfriend don't use condoms but I've taken my birth control on time every day at the SAME TIME. I have never had weight gain nausea or vomiting even in the beginning. I have had a pregnancy scare since I've been on it and I get my period every fourth week of my cycle. I will continue this medicine until I decide to have children. Also I've had bad acne for years and to be honest it hadn't all went away but it has not gotten worse at all.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2012 2:57 PM

Review by Happy camper (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. I always start my period on a Tues or Wed and only last till Sunday and very light. It is also very inexpensive. I pay $4/month for a pack. When I first started the only side effect I had was a little bit of weight gain (3-4lbs). It definitely helped clear up my skin but I do get the occasional zit here and there. I still have a little bit of cramping before my period but doctor says that is normal and no pill can really prevent that. Just the natural part of the body. I haven't had any changes with side effects over the years and it has definitely done its job of preventing pregnancy. I would highly recommend it to others!

September 14, 2012 2:42 PM

Review by auragirl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Altogether Trinessa wasn't a bad option for me. The only issue I had with the pills is that every 6th day into a new pack I would experience a horrible headache with an aura (blurred vision) My gyno claimed that had something to do with the amount of estrogen I already had in my body and Trinessa just added even more which resulted in this odd ocular migraine. Due to the headaches and their effect on my driving, school, and work my gyno and I decided to give the Nuvaring a shot. I just started it so I'll see how I feel on this. The pills always worked fine for me. I didn't experience any weight gain or mood swings. One thing that I did experience was a HUGE sex drive. My boyfriend could hardly keep up.

September 6, 2012 4:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on TriNessa for the past 5 months and I've had nothing but horrible experiences. I started first pill with period and I was ok up until week 1. It was prom and I got extremely nauseous and threw up twice! I felt horrible (uncontrollable nausea, headaches, crazy mood changes, dry mouth) during the first month but I decided to stick with it since the side effects were "normal". Month 2-4 were better; barely any nausea, only slight mood changes, regular light period. Now on month 5, I'm noticing how much I have changed (because it's summer) and how different I've become. I've become depressed; even thinking about crying makes me cry!

August 4, 2012 11:36 PM

Review by normally rational girl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Trinessa for 3 months. Everything was going just fine the first two months a little irritated at times but I assumed thats just my body getting used to the birth control. Anyway, it wasn't until recently, half way through my second month up until the middle of my third month (today) I have been beyond sensitive. Tired. Really sore breast and literally cry at random times of day, I just cry for no reason but I feel so helpless. I have never felt so overwhelmed and emotional my whole life. I'm seriously not the crying type at all. As soon as I finish this pack I'm trying something different. I have the mood swings.

July 30, 2012 11:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I thought that this would clear up my face, (was hoping at least), and it didn't. I mean I break out just like I did before and it's annoying, however if you don't have acne and you want a good birth control I highly recommend this because it really does do it's job. My periods are always on time, and they aren't unbearable at all. I think I gained weight, but then it went away. So it didn't affect my acne, and I think it's a good birth control.

July 30, 2012 4:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was so emotional and constantly nauseous. I took it at night so the nausea would always keep me up. My hair started falling out as well. It wasn't a little bit, I'd run my hands though my hair and then a lot of strands would come out. It might be good for others but for me it wasn't at all.

July 23, 2012 1:39 AM

For Acne: I took TriNessa because I had really bad acne around my period. I've taken it for a month now and when I have my period my skin is clear. But when I'm not on my period my skin isn't. It's kind of opposite of what it was doing before.

July 9, 2012 6:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I loved it! It was absolutely great. Weight gain is a myth.

July 5, 2012 1:44 AM

For Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa for 10 months. So far I have had breast tenderness, fatigue, weight gain, 104lb to 127lb (yes huge difference,) lower abdomen pain. Headaches, mood swings not so much but I do cry a lot and I mean a lot. The pill is doing its job although I've had one scare. My periods comes three days late and last about 3-6 hours, my period hasn't been longer than a day. And it's light very light like spotting. Trinessa is a good pill it has done its job but the sides effects are like symptoms of pregnancy. I could do without the side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2012 8:12 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa now for about three months, and I love it! I was very hesitant going into it after reading many bad reviews, but so far its been smooth sailing. I have not had any breakthrough bleeding, I just get mild morning stomach aches after my period ends and I start a new pack. Mild mood swings, but nothing I can't handle. This is the first birth control I've been on, so I don't have anything to compare to, but I love it!

June 15, 2012 4:49 PM

Review by Tugga (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for a year now. I went to the doctor because I had horrible cramps. The pain from the cramps made me vomit and have diarrhea. In the first 2 months or so of starting Trinessa I had spotting. After this it was gone. My period came every 31 days or so (which was how it was before birth control) for 6 months. After six months on being on Trinessa my period regulated to exactly every 28 days. Triness has definitely made my period cramps lighter, which is great. I just take two Aleve before and during my period and I feel better. I have not gained any weight from it. But I have noticed my sex drive is way lower. If you take two pills at once because you missed one, be careful! You may get nausea.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2012 5:55 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

I have been on Trinessa for almost a year and I would recommend this pill. It increased my breast size (a huge plus) without adding excess anywhere else. It is inexpensive, and I can plan for the exact time frame I will get my period. It is very regular. My sex drive has increased. The only negative thing is that I have become more emotional and over dramatic, but not necessarily with only bad emotions.

June 3, 2012 7:47 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was on Trinessa when I was 18 for about a year, and it worked fine for me. I then discontinued use of any form of birth control for for several years, but at 24, I decided to get back on the pill. I figured I would go back to Trinessa since it worked well before. I've had a history of irritable bowel syndrome ever since I was a child, and finally got it under control at around age 21. The first time I was on this pill at 18, it didn't affect my bowel habits. But something must have changed with the pill or with my body, because from the day I got on this pill last month, I've been having irritable bowel flare-ups DAILY, literally unable to leave the bathroom for an hour.

May 28, 2012 1:09 PM

Review by Ashley Presser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I was originally on Beyaz to treat an array of symptoms, mainly: acne, cramping, mood swings, vomiting upon arrival of period. Beyaz was bad the first month and then I didn't really have any problems with it after the first month... except it DECIMATED MY SEX DRIVE! When my insurance unexpectedly stopped covering all birth controls I got the cheapest birth control available, TriNessa. The first month was bad. On the white week I was fine but by the second week I was in pain all the time. However, I remembered that, I guess with my body, the first go-round with hormones is always the roughest. I decided to stick it out another month and I'm so glad I did. No adverse side effects. And my sex drive is back.

May 27, 2012 2:17 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: Positives: I'm not pregnant, and it really has cleared up my acne. My periods are shorter, not necessarily lighter. Negatives: I've been taking Trinessa for about a year and my periods still do not come at the same time every month. I will be the first to admit I do not take it at the EXACT time every day, but definitely within a window of a few hours. Before my period, I notice that I will get very dizzy and lightheaded, which never happened to me before. It has also made me VERY emotional- I'm a pretty sensitive person, but it was never this bad. Finally, I have noticed that the pill reduces my appetite, however, if I do not constantly have a small amount of food in my stomach, I feel nauseous (I never vomit), it goes away once I eat.

May 15, 2012 2:19 PM

Review by Mint9009 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I just finished my active pills two days ago and still haven't gotten my period. My acne has cleared up a little bit but not entirely. The only downside so far has been a little bit of stomach cramping.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2012 10:26 PM

Review by odalis_21:

For Birth Control: I'm 21 and I've started taking Trinessa on March 20th and its been working great! No pregnancy scare which I love! One big flaw it did have on me was when I got my period on the first of April which I had it for 2 whole weeks! The first week was super duper heavy and I've never gotten it like this before. This is the first birth control I taken so after 3 kids Trinessa is working. My body is just getting use to this birth control I guess.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 17, 2012 1:16 PM

Review by roci/ez:

For Birth Control: I have been taking Trinessa for one year and this pill is great. I have never had change of mood, heavy periods, breast tender, gain weight or lost weight. I have had more interest on sex than I was which is good. I love this pill what else can I say!

April 13, 2012 1:04 PM

For Birth Control: I've been on TriNesaa for two years. I take it every day at the same time. I've never missed a pill. It cleared my acne. I've not had a pregnancy scare and this is the only form of birth control my husband and I use. I have not gained weight. Sex no longer hurts due to endometriosis because the pill had reduced the side effects. My only complaint is my constant mood swings, which changes in a second.

April 10, 2012 8:52 AM

For Birth Control: I'm 23 and have been on Trinessa for 4 months. I switched from Loestrin 24 for affordability. For reference, I experience very heavy cramps and bleeding and about a week long period when not on birth control. I have about a 3 day period that is moderate to heavy (it doesn't lighten my period very much, but it does shorten it). Cramps are reduced. The week of my period I experience noticeable mood swings (unlike when I was on Loestrin, and didn't experience any). But overall, I am very happy with this birth control. It's extremely affordable, shortens my period, lightens cramps, and does not cause mood swings outside of when I normally would right before my period. I would recommend giving it a shot!

March 22, 2012 9:18 AM

Review by maoverlund:

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding: I've only been on TriNessa for a month now but so far I'm having mixed results. I decided to go back on birth control after a 8 year break (my husband had a vasectomy 8 years ago). I had been looking into NovaSure due to extremely heavy periods but decided to try the cheaper route first. I used to be on Ortho- Tricyclen before my second son was born with no problems that I recall. I asked for the same again but was given TriNessa which I assumed would be the same. Almost as soon as I started, I've been experiencing night sweats, slight weight gain (about 5lbs), and breast soreness. So far my period is lighter though so I guess it worked for that. I'll give it another 2 months and see if the negatives go away.

March 15, 2012 1:40 PM

Review by Izz hoping:

For Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa for a little over a year, and since I am not pregnant I would say its doing it's job. The cramps that I used to have sent me home sick, and my period lasted 15 days once! However, when I first started on the pill I would get this strange really subtle nausea. Its subtleness almost made me feels worse, but that went away.

March 12, 2012 12:56 AM