User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Acne 24 reviews 507 medications

Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 151 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of TriNessa reviews 137 reviews 7.0

Reviews for TriNessa

Review by i hate trinessa (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Birth Control: I was on Trinessa for a little under a year. I threw up during the first week of each pack and I was so emotional. I could hardly function both physically and mentally. I don't know how I made it to school and passed during the first week of the pack and I could not make it to work during the first week of each pack. The second week I was just plain exhausted and could not do much either. The doctor kept telling me those symptoms would go away. I finally called up there as one crying angry woman and they finally changed it for me. I feel great and back to normal now.

May 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: So doctor recommended Trinessa because my periods have been inconsistent. So I have taken the first 10 pills for the pack and the first 5 days felt great never had any of the side effects. Then I slowly started to notice I would get hot and headaches out of nowhere. Then things got worse I would start crying and getting extremely emotional for no reason. I would feel like I was in a dream with fever, no energy, headache, and cry for hours for no reason. My hormones are all out of control now from just taking the first 10 pills. I wouldn't recommend this pill but then again I'm sure it affects people differently just like any other birth control pill. Just my first experience with the pill (Trinessa) has been terrible.

May 20, 2013 3:12 PM

Review by AnonymousRedd (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for almost 3 years because my period is out of whack, it's the only thing that works. My period comes every 4th week of the month. The first week I started taking it I felt like crap. I had almost every side effect but my doctor told me to keep taking it. It helped with my migraines and cleared up my skin. The only side effects I have now are bad cramps and back aches but other than that.. LOVE IT! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 28, 2013 4:37 AM

Review by yaybirthcontrol2013 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Birth Control: Been on Trinessa for 8 years for mild acne and birth control. At first it helped with my acne significantly, but it also made me gain 15 lbs (even though I was working out like usual); I feel like the medication decreased my exercise tolerance and motivation. Now that I'm in PA school my acne has returned. Part of the weight gain was in my breasts, but also every where else. It also worsened my PMS symptoms, making me more emotional and irritable. Not fun to feel like you're always in a bitchy mood. Overall, it did its job, helped with my acne (at first), and was cheap, but the weight gain and worsening PMS symptoms were not fun. I recently switched to Implanon because I hate taking daily pills and want something more long-term.

April 14, 2013 5:22 PM

Review by AllisenSR:

For Acne: I have been on Trinessa for six months and have decided to switch to Loestrin. I have the worst acne I've ever had, not just my face but my back and chest too. I get headaches all the time and I've gained 20 pounds. It's like my appetite for food sky rocketed. My appetite for sexual activity, however, got depleted. Which is frustrating.

March 20, 2013 1:39 PM

For Birth Control: I've seen a lot of negative reviews so I felt I'd share a good one. Ortho Novum 777 made my hair fall out, mood swings and weight gain. Switched to Trinessa. Hair stopped falling out, lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks, no mood swings, super happy all the time, flawless skin even tho Necon gave me acne but I don't have it naturally. Sex drive is through the roof which my boyfriend loves! No nausea, headaches or any other crazy things. GREAT PILL. You don't know until you try! Also, I'm 20 years old almost 21. Ortho Novum 777 and Lo Loestrin Fe had terrible side effects. Also took Reclipsen (Ortho-cept) for about 3 yrs no problems.

March 18, 2013 6:04 PM

Review by Jho:

For Birth Control: I was on the Ortho-tri-cyclen-lo for 4 years but my insurance won't cover it anymore so my doctor switched me to Trinessa. It's been almost a month I've been taking it and my husband and I loves it. I was scared at first because of the bad reviews sucha s weight gain and depression. But with me it's been good so far. NO headaches, I've lost weight because with Ortho I was bloated a lot. I'm more interested in sexual activities so my husband is happy with that. The only thing I don't really like is I'm a little bit more emotional but not moody or crabby.

February 13, 2013 12:57 PM

Review by JadeVJ15 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've finished 3 packs of this pill. I came off of Depo Provera...endless spotting and I got the worst acne of my life. So I switched to Trinessa 3 months after Depo. Things are back to normal, but even better than when I was on no birth control. With each pack, I've noticed more improvement in skin, length of period and my breasts have become more rounder. I can't say I am ecstatic about it yet, but maybe I need to be on it longer. Period is only a little lighter, but is definitely shorter. Went from 7 to 4 days. Cramps are only a little better. Skin is not nearly as clear as it was before Depo, but on its way!

January 5, 2013 12:53 AM

Review by Ilovesunbun (taken for less than 1 month):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for almost a month now. I'm 18 and ever since I was 15, my periods have been outta wack! I skip 3 months at a time with no period. My doctor put me on Trinessa and so far I haven't had anything wrong! The only thing is I hate the placebo pills. My period has been Terrible! I have TERRIBLE back and stomach cramps, but my bleeding isn't so bad. I highly recommend it to anyone!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 30, 2012 12:27 AM

Review by Alesha (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I love Trinessa! It works great and there are no painful side effects or weight gain or anything of that matter. However, I have experienced terrible nightmares while on it making it difficult for me to want to sleep, and I am ALWAYS aroused while on the pill which is another thing I don't like. Overall, great pill and I recommend it!

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 18, 2012 10:18 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Trinessa is the best birth control I've tried! I've been faithful to it for 5 years now with no side effects whatsoever. I used to have bad acne and within a month or so of taking it my face is completely clear! A god send. It also doesn't affect my mood whatsoever or weight changes. I love it! I moved to the UK and Trinessa isn't provided here so I tried a different pill. It made me break out and made me very depressed so I stopped. I'm having someone send me Trinessa from America because it is so good! I've also tried other pills before and they all made me moody whereas Trinessa just makes me feel calm. Definitely recommended.

December 7, 2012 9:17 PM

For Birth Control: I was on the shot for about 3yrs but decided to change to a birth control, and my Doctor recommended Tri-Nessa since I had mild acne. So I started taking it and I have to say I love it. My period comes at the same time every month, no pregnancy scares and I often have sex unprotected. My acne cleared up. The only side effect I had in the beginning was tender breast, and being a little emotional. After it went away. I take the pill at the same time every day. So I highly recommend to everyone.

November 18, 2012 12:35 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: Overall I've had good luck. I went on it to treat my acne. For the first 2 weeks my skin on my face and back got SO bad. Everything was inflamed to the point where sitting & leaning up against something was painful. Also, for the first month (my hormones where out of whack trying to adjust) so I was having intense mood swings. I was annoyed/ easily irritated by everything and had no patience causing me to snap at times uncontrollably. When it got to this point I wanted nothing more than to get off the medicines. But I'm so glad I stayed on it. After a month things got better. My body adjusted. No more severe mood swings & my acne is clear. I occasionally get breakouts the week before my period. No pregnancy & no weight gain either. Definitely try it!

November 12, 2012 10:29 AM

For Birth Control: This is the first birth control and the only birth control I will ever try, I love it! I became sexually active about 9 months ago and decided to have the birth control at hand. I read all these reviews and became so scared but I'm glad I tried it for myself! Me and my boyfriend don't use condoms but I've taken my birth control on time every day at the SAME TIME. I have never had weight gain nausea or vomiting even in the beginning. I have had a pregnancy scare since I've been on it and I get my period every fourth week of my cycle. I will continue this medicine until I decide to have children. Also I've had bad acne for years and to be honest it hadn't all went away but it has not gotten worse at all.

October 1, 2012 2:57 PM

Review by Happy camper (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for 3 years now and I couldn't be happier. I always start my period on a Tues or Wed and only last till Sunday and very light. It is also very inexpensive. I pay $4/month for a pack. When I first started the only side effect I had was a little bit of weight gain (3-4lbs). It definitely helped clear up my skin but I do get the occasional zit here and there. I still have a little bit of cramping before my period but doctor says that is normal and no pill can really prevent that. Just the natural part of the body. I haven't had any changes with side effects over the years and it has definitely done its job of preventing pregnancy. I would highly recommend it to others!

September 14, 2012 2:42 PM

Review by auragirl (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Altogether Trinessa wasn't a bad option for me. The only issue I had with the pills is that every 6th day into a new pack I would experience a horrible headache with an aura (blurred vision) My gyno claimed that had something to do with the amount of estrogen I already had in my body and Trinessa just added even more which resulted in this odd ocular migraine. Due to the headaches and their effect on my driving, school, and work my gyno and I decided to give the Nuvaring a shot. I just started it so I'll see how I feel on this. The pills always worked fine for me. I didn't experience any weight gain or mood swings. One thing that I did experience was a HUGE sex drive. My boyfriend could hardly keep up.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 6, 2012 4:22 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I've been on TriNessa for the past 5 months and I've had nothing but horrible experiences. I started first pill with period and I was ok up until week 1. It was prom and I got extremely nauseous and threw up twice! I felt horrible (uncontrollable nausea, headaches, crazy mood changes, dry mouth) during the first month but I decided to stick with it since the side effects were "normal". Month 2-4 were better; barely any nausea, only slight mood changes, regular light period. Now on month 5, I'm noticing how much I have changed (because it's summer) and how different I've become. I've become depressed; even thinking about crying makes me cry!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 4, 2012 11:36 PM

Review by normally rational girl (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I have been on Trinessa for 3 months. Everything was going just fine the first two months a little irritated at times but I assumed thats just my body getting used to the birth control. Anyway, it wasn't until recently, half way through my second month up until the middle of my third month (today) I have been beyond sensitive. Tired. Really sore breast and literally cry at random times of day, I just cry for no reason but I feel so helpless. I have never felt so overwhelmed and emotional my whole life. I'm seriously not the crying type at all. As soon as I finish this pack I'm trying something different. I have the mood swings.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2012 11:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Acne: I thought that this would clear up my face, (was hoping at least), and it didn't. I mean I break out just like I did before and it's annoying, however if you don't have acne and you want a good birth control I highly recommend this because it really does do it's job. My periods are always on time, and they aren't unbearable at all. I think I gained weight, but then it went away. So it didn't affect my acne, and I think it's a good birth control.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 30, 2012 4:34 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I was so emotional and constantly nauseous. I took it at night so the nausea would always keep me up. My hair started falling out as well. It wasn't a little bit, I'd run my hands though my hair and then a lot of strands would come out. It might be good for others but for me it wasn't at all.

July 23, 2012 1:39 AM

For Acne: I took TriNessa because I had really bad acne around my period. I've taken it for a month now and when I have my period my skin is clear. But when I'm not on my period my skin isn't. It's kind of opposite of what it was doing before.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 9, 2012 6:44 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I loved it! It was absolutely great. Weight gain is a myth.

July 5, 2012 1:44 AM

For Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa for 10 months. So far I have had breast tenderness, fatigue, weight gain, 104lb to 127lb (yes huge difference,) lower abdomen pain. Headaches, mood swings not so much but I do cry a lot and I mean a lot. The pill is doing its job although I've had one scare. My periods comes three days late and last about 3-6 hours, my period hasn't been longer than a day. And it's light very light like spotting. Trinessa is a good pill it has done its job but the sides effects are like symptoms of pregnancy. I could do without the side effects.

July 4, 2012 8:12 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Birth Control: I have been on Trinessa now for about three months, and I love it! I was very hesitant going into it after reading many bad reviews, but so far its been smooth sailing. I have not had any breakthrough bleeding, I just get mild morning stomach aches after my period ends and I start a new pack. Mild mood swings, but nothing I can't handle. This is the first birth control I've been on, so I don't have anything to compare to, but I love it!

June 15, 2012 4:49 PM

Review by Tugga (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Birth Control: I've been on Trinessa for a year now. I went to the doctor because I had horrible cramps. The pain from the cramps made me vomit and have diarrhea. In the first 2 months or so of starting Trinessa I had spotting. After this it was gone. My period came every 31 days or so (which was how it was before birth control) for 6 months. After six months on being on Trinessa my period regulated to exactly every 28 days. Triness has definitely made my period cramps lighter, which is great. I just take two Aleve before and during my period and I feel better. I have not gained any weight from it. But I have noticed my sex drive is way lower. If you take two pills at once because you missed one, be careful! You may get nausea.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate