User Reviews for TriNessa

Learn more about TriNessa.

Reviews for TriNessa to treat Abnormal Uterine Bleeding

Review by Ashley Presser (taken for 1 to 6 months):

I was originally on Beyaz to treat an array of symptoms, mainly: acne, cramping, mood swings, vomiting upon arrival of period. Beyaz was bad the first month and then I didn't really have any problems with it after the first month... except it DECIMATED MY SEX DRIVE! When my insurance unexpectedly stopped covering all birth controls I got the cheapest birth control available, TriNessa. The first month was bad. On the white week I was fine but by the second week I was in pain all the time. However, I remembered that, I guess with my body, the first go-round with hormones is always the roughest. I decided to stick it out another month and I'm so glad I did. No adverse side effects. And my sex drive is back.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 27, 2012 2:17 PM

Review by maoverlund:

I've only been on TriNessa for a month now but so far I'm having mixed results. I decided to go back on birth control after a 8 year break (my husband had a vasectomy 8 years ago). I had been looking into NovaSure due to extremely heavy periods but decided to try the cheaper route first. I used to be on Ortho- Tricyclen before my second son was born with no problems that I recall. I asked for the same again but was given TriNessa which I assumed would be the same. Almost as soon as I started, I've been experiencing night sweats, slight weight gain (about 5lbs), and breast soreness. So far my period is lighter though so I guess it worked for that. I'll give it another 2 months and see if the negatives go away.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2012 1:40 PM

Review by KellaO:

Originally I started to take birth control for heavy cramps and periods. Having used Ortho Tricyclen Lo for about three years as a teen, I got off and realized my mood swings stabilized, depression lifted, and my cramps, although painful, were actually LESS than on OTC Lo. For a time I was put on Trinessa, and there were absolutely NO side effects. But then my insurance switched me back to OTC Lo, I realized why I became a crazy-face again. Needless to say, I insisted on Trinessa, and the three dollar copay is WELL worth the peace of mind it gives me. Plus, my skin is flawless now.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2012 10:21 PM

Has never worked properly for my daughter. She had 2 blood transfusions last year due to abnormal bleeding. After 1st transfusion, the doctor put her on Trinessa. Less than 2 months later she was in the hospital having the second transfusion. She has been on another brand (Chryselle) ever since, which has been working. Well her prescription just ran out last month. So, I called the office to get another prescription and did not notice until I had picked up the 3 month supply that it was Trinessa again. I felt uneasy but decided to let her proceed with that medication, here we are again with the bleeding issues.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate