User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 163 medications

Endometriosis 0 reviews 161 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen reviews 81 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

For Acne "This stuff doesn't work for acne . It hasn't helped my skin at all and that was one of the reasons why I got birth control"

Anonymous August 27, 2015

For Acne "I went on my first pack this month and am taking my third week right now and just experienced some major break through bleeding ( which I guess is normal so well see how it keeps going) but as far as my acne I used to have insane cysts on my cheeks and chin. Within one week, I had no cysts but just minor small pimples which I'm totally fine with. So I'm on my third week and I don't get the painful cysts anymore. I just had one or two small ones on my chin but that's it! would recommend for acne but the break through bleeding scared me."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 27, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for 6 months, I have lost my sex drive, my cramps are worse then normal, my period last a full week, and I have worse acne then normal. I am changing my b/c at my next doctors visit!"

Pained23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2015

For Acne "Im writing this because reading this same page is what ultimately convinced me to give birth control a try for my stubborn, cystic, HORMONAL acne. If you've tried everything in the book for acne like I have, (antibiotics, prescribed antibiotics, every OTC cream and wash on the market, DIY...) and it's been as a relentlessly tiring experience- please try BCPs. After talking w my dr, she said that after a week I should see a difference bc thats when your body adjusts. After a week seeing not only no difference but seemingly worse cystic acne all around my chin (my number #1 problem area) I ended up back on here and countless other websites to refer to other people's experiences. And thank god I did- GIVE IT TIME!!!! That's the key to this."

Bryannnaa August 20, 2015

For Birth Control "Best birth control!!! I have been on it for about a year and a half if not longer have no complaints I got on this because the depo shot was defiantly not working for me. Definitely glad I switched over - no random mood swings, cleared all acne within a month, no weight gain, over all it the best birth control I've been on"

Jaisjjqhe (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 25, 2015

For Birth Control "I took this for 3 yrs and 6 months everything has been great for me, no gain weigth, no loss of appettite, basically the same on weight, but the only thing that changed was my sex drive, I dont feel the same its low sex drive, very dry down there. but other than that it worked good for me, have to change because of recent high blood preassure."

elimm (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2015

For Birth Control "I took Ortho Tricyclen for just over 5 years. Initially I noticed a lot of mood instability and I was behaving in ways that were very unusual for me. However this subsided within the first six months. Otherwise I had a relatively good experience, and my periods became so light that they almost stopped. However I was not doing well remembering to take the pills and recently switched to Mirena. Tricyclen is a great option if you are able to remember the pills on time!"

soonin July 12, 2015

For Birth Control "Cons: Experienced a significant increase in appetite, which led to lots of weight gain (I went from 115 lbs to 125 lbs after 6 months of use). I felt bloated all the time and I felt like I looked 4 months pregnant. Also, I had no sex drive at all. Breast tenderness/pain was a problem too Pros: I didn't get pregnant, my mood was pretty stable, my skin was clear, and periods were pretty light."

elh594 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 22, 2015

For Birth Control "This birth control regulated my period, made my skin look great and made my boobs grow. It made me very hungry all the time and my sex drive went shooting up. good stuff"

hantahjdtgstedrfyfhg (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2015

For Birth Control "I was on this for a couple years before and I loved it. It regulated my period and cleared my acne and I don't remember having any side effects then. I'm starting it again after a year break and I immediately noticed this awful nausea even though I take it at night I'll still wake up sick. Helps if taken with food. I've only been on it for a couple of days so as I get used to the medicine the nausea will (hopefully) go away."

Samosas jab (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2015

For Acne "I have been using Ortho Tri Cyclen for about six months, and there has been a noticeable decrease in the amount of acne, particularly on my forehead and cheeks. There are still small, mostly unnoticeable bumps around my mouth and chin, but these are gradually decreasing as well (just taking a little longer). The one negative thing that I noticed was that previously, my acne would heal quickly without leaving a scar. Now it heals at the same rate but does leave red/pink scarring on my cheeks. I believe it will go away because it has been fading, but it will likely take a while. As far as my cycle is concerned, my periods have been very regular (something that is unusual for me) and light. I have not had any issues with mood swings."

Anon09 May 4, 2015

For Acne "I really like Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I experienced minimal side effects and it has helped keep my skin clear! After the first pack I had hardly any acne. In terms of my sex drive it has stayed the same. I've always had a really high sex drive so I'm glad it didn't affect it! I really like this birth control pill and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from mild/moderate acne."

Jazz2121 April 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on this for 2 months to see if it would offset the breakthrough bleeding I had on ortho tri lo. I lost weight because this pill caused me to have terrible diahrrea. It was so bad it continued after I was off of it for 6 months. I had to see a GI dr because I thought I had IBS. This pill caused me to be nauseous, have acid reflux and zapped my sex drive. It caused vaginal dryness too. I would also get terrible migraines and I NEVER get migraines or headaches. I ended up going off of it because my body couldn't handle the side effects. Made me slightly melancholy and tired too. It did prevent pregnancy and no spotting. I also had a decreased appetite and weight loss so it wasn't the worst."

Meowmers (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Acne "I started back in October after suffering about 6months with acne that just kept on getting worse.I had pus filled pimples and small cysts. I didn't see major results until about 2 months in and even then I was still getting one or two cysts. On my third month I wasn't getting cysts and would only get small pimples. I suggest if you start the pill and don't see results immediately to just stick with it for at least 3 months. After my pimples went away I got red hyperpigmentation (which alot of people have been blaming on the pill; its not its from the old pimples) so now I put a little bit of lemon on those parts to lighten them & its been working. As for my period it last for 4 days now instead of 7 but I still bleed alot."

Lex777 April 25, 2015

For Birth Control "So thankful this was the first pill my Doc recommended. Absolutely amazing pill! My main concern was weight gain by starting b/c... But I've actually lost 10 pounds since being on this pill. My skin has cleared up. Periods last 3-4 days very light. No cramps. ONLY issue was the first 3 months I kept experiencing a few yeast infections... But that issue stopped as soon as I started taking a daily probiotic. I will admit sometimes I am moody & emotional but I don't know if I can blame the pill entirely lol. My appitite is up & down at times but honestly that's all about self-control. So overall I'm so happy with this pill and I plan on staying on it until I'm ready for kiddies"

Rose Itsa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2015

For Acne "I've been on Ortho Tri-cyclen 21 for a month and a week. It does not make me moody or depressed and nor did I gain weight. Those were my two biggest concerns before going on birth control. I am taking it for acne and so far it just tamed my big pimples but I still get small little bumps here and there. I spoke to my doctor and I was told I need to wait at least two months to see results in acne. It helped me incredibly in terms of period cramps, I used to faint often on the first day of my period throwing up and diarrhea. But now none of that thanks to Tri-cyclen :) strongly recommend! beware makes boobs a little sore, not too much."

------ms-------- April 16, 2015

For Acne "This is my second time starting Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. This birth control is pretty much the only thing that works for my adult moderate/severe acne. The first time I took it after about 3 months my skin was vastly improved and after 6 months my skin was completely clear. Then after 12 months my pharmacist put me on the generic (Tricira Lo) which is a bad idea. My skin freaked out with cysts all over my chin and near my nose area. I'm on my second month of tri-cyclen and am waiting for my skin to clear up again :("

Anonymous April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "This Is An Amazing Birth Control. I've Been On This For Five Years And Counting. I Never Got Pregnant, My Menstrual Last About 3-4 Days(Regular Period ) ,No Cramps, Face Is Clear Of Acne, From Time To Time Ive Gotten Moody But Overall I Love It! I'm Looking Forward To Getting Off And Starting A Family."

RubyBaby February 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for the past 8 years. I absolutely love it! After having tried 2 different types of birth control pills before I found this one. This is the one for me, it cleared up my acne within a month of taking it, I've had no weight gain or weight loss, no headaches. Normal cramps and a shorter period (4-5 days)."

INSANExANGEL January 5, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Last year or so I was having constant spotting and so I went to the Dr. and was put on different birth control pills, none of which helped with the spotting until this one. I've had no spotting whatsoever on this one and I've been on it for 9 months or so and my periods only last about 3-4 days which is nice. I've also stopped getting bad cramps which were horrendous prior to birth control. My acne has cleared up expect for the occasional spot but only once a month or so. I have not experienced any weight gain either, however I do notice some slight mood changes but it's nothing that is uncontrollable. I would recommend."

MJade29 December 12, 2014

For Birth Control "The positive I had on this medication was having great, clear skin. But the negatives very heavily outweigh the positives. Ive been on this for a month and a half and already have to stop taking it. I get constant headaches, my mood swings are off the wall (affecting my boyfriend and i's relationship), nausea, difficulty concentrating, irrational thoughts and depression. Switching off of this immediately. If you are prone to depression DO NOT take this pill!"

Concave223333 December 1, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been using this pill for approximately 2.5 years. I have never had any trouble with it, never gotten pregnant. Disclaimer: I DO take it everyday, hardly ever skip, and when I do forget, I double up the next day, so I think I've got myself covered. I did not experience weight gain (but I'm pretty physically active 5'3 120lbs). Cramps, well sometimes but not bad, no problems with acne, no mood swings (unless I'm ON my period, but that's a given). If you're young and seriously unprepared for the risk of having a child, I would recommend making sure your partner STILL uses a condom even if you're on birth control, trust me (3 Years and its worked for, knock on wood)."

Shar1238 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2014

For Birth Control "I'm using this pill for the second time -- for the last few years, I didn't need birth control as the man I was committed to had a vasectomy. The first time I used Ortho TriCyclen I was 18 and continued use until 21. Now I'm 25 and have been using it again for 2 months now. I love this pill! The only negatives I've experienced have been very mild and include slight weight gain (5 lbs), but mainly in the breasts and hips (and whoever complained about looking more like an hourglass??), and I've also, after two periods on it, have noticed that my periods are more painful. It's not awful in my case, I never really had a problem with cramping anyway without the pill. But, my periods are very light, short (2-3 days), and manageable. No complaints!"

Quinnzie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2014

For Acne "So my acne before was mild but I was told it would start clearing my acne in the third month. I am finishing my third month and my skin is much much worse than it was. I am left with red markings/scars everywhere all over my face and I am at my wits end. I am torn between continuing or giving up,"

olivia1234323 August 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I took it for a while mainly for acne and I wanted the IED but my OB suggested I try this as a birth control method as well as help with my acne after I had my first child. I must admit it did wonders on my periods and acne. I had lighter and shorter periods but my sex drive went DOWN. I also missed a weeks worth of the pill due to not picking it from the pharmacy so I waited till my next period to restart it and now I'm nauseated and cramping super bad, this is the second day back on it and my period ended just last week. I started my period again right after taking the pill the Sunday after my period ended and now I feel like POO. I know it will pass as I take it as I said above I had a great first experience besides having no sex drive."

SJF123489 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2014