User Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Learn more about Ortho Tri-Cyclen.

Abnormal Uterine Bleeding 4 reviews 163 medications

Endometriosis 0 reviews 161 medications Not rated - Be the first
Gonadotropin Inhibition 0 reviews 137 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Ortho Tri-Cyclen reviews 71 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Ortho Tri-Cyclen

For Acne "I have been using Ortho Tri Cyclen for about six months, and there has been a noticeable decrease in the amount of acne, particularly on my forehead and cheeks. There are still small, mostly unnoticeable bumps around my mouth and chin, but these are gradually decreasing as well (just taking a little longer). The one negative thing that I noticed was that previously, my acne would heal quickly without leaving a scar. Now it heals at the same rate but does leave red/pink scarring on my cheeks. I believe it will go away because it has been fading, but it will likely take a while. As far as my cycle is concerned, my periods have been very regular (something that is unusual for me) and light. I have not had any issues with mood swings."

Anon09 May 4, 2015

For Acne "I really like Ortho Tri-Cyclen. I experienced minimal side effects and it has helped keep my skin clear! After the first pack I had hardly any acne. In terms of my sex drive it has stayed the same. I've always had a really high sex drive so I'm glad it didn't affect it! I really like this birth control pill and would recommend it to anyone who suffers from mild/moderate acne."

Jazz2121 April 29, 2015

For Birth Control "I went on this for 2 months to see if it would offset the breakthrough bleeding I had on ortho tri lo. I lost weight because this pill caused me to have terrible diahrrea. It was so bad it continued after I was off of it for 6 months. I had to see a GI dr because I thought I had IBS. This pill caused me to be nauseous, have acid reflux and zapped my sex drive. It caused vaginal dryness too. I would also get terrible migraines and I NEVER get migraines or headaches. I ended up going off of it because my body couldn't handle the side effects. Made me slightly melancholy and tired too. It did prevent pregnancy and no spotting. I also had a decreased appetite and weight loss so it wasn't the worst."

Meowmers (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 28, 2015

For Acne "I started back in October after suffering about 6months with acne that just kept on getting worse.I had pus filled pimples and small cysts. I didn't see major results until about 2 months in and even then I was still getting one or two cysts. On my third month I wasn't getting cysts and would only get small pimples. I suggest if you start the pill and don't see results immediately to just stick with it for at least 3 months. After my pimples went away I got red hyperpigmentation (which alot of people have been blaming on the pill; its not its from the old pimples) so now I put a little bit of lemon on those parts to lighten them & its been working. As for my period it last for 4 days now instead of 7 but I still bleed alot."

Lex777 April 25, 2015

For Birth Control "So thankful this was the first pill my Doc recommended. Absolutely amazing pill! My main concern was weight gain by starting b/c... But I've actually lost 10 pounds since being on this pill. My skin has cleared up. Periods last 3-4 days very light. No cramps. ONLY issue was the first 3 months I kept experiencing a few yeast infections... But that issue stopped as soon as I started taking a daily probiotic. I will admit sometimes I am moody & emotional but I don't know if I can blame the pill entirely lol. My appitite is up & down at times but honestly that's all about self-control. So overall I'm so happy with this pill and I plan on staying on it until I'm ready for kiddies"

Rose Itsa (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 18, 2015

For Acne "I've been on Ortho Tri-cyclen 21 for a month and a week. It does not make me moody or depressed and nor did I gain weight. Those were my two biggest concerns before going on birth control. I am taking it for acne and so far it just tamed my big pimples but I still get small little bumps here and there. I spoke to my doctor and I was told I need to wait at least two months to see results in acne. It helped me incredibly in terms of period cramps, I used to faint often on the first day of my period throwing up and diarrhea. But now none of that thanks to Tri-cyclen :) strongly recommend! beware makes boobs a little sore, not too much."

------ms-------- April 16, 2015

For Acne "This is my second time starting Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo. This birth control is pretty much the only thing that works for my adult moderate/severe acne. The first time I took it after about 3 months my skin was vastly improved and after 6 months my skin was completely clear. Then after 12 months my pharmacist put me on the generic (Tricira Lo) which is a bad idea. My skin freaked out with cysts all over my chin and near my nose area. I'm on my second month of tri-cyclen and am waiting for my skin to clear up again :("

Anonymous April 6, 2015

For Birth Control "This Is An Amazing Birth Control. I've Been On This For Five Years And Counting. I Never Got Pregnant, My Menstrual Last About 3-4 Days(Regular Period ) ,No Cramps, Face Is Clear Of Acne, From Time To Time Ive Gotten Moody But Overall I Love It! I'm Looking Forward To Getting Off And Starting A Family."

RubyBaby February 17, 2015

For Birth Control "I've been on this pill for the past 8 years. I absolutely love it! After having tried 2 different types of birth control pills before I found this one. This is the one for me, it cleared up my acne within a month of taking it, I've had no weight gain or weight loss, no headaches. Normal cramps and a shorter period (4-5 days)."

INSANExANGEL January 5, 2015

For Abnormal Uterine Bleeding "Last year or so I was having constant spotting and so I went to the Dr. and was put on different birth control pills, none of which helped with the spotting until this one. I've had no spotting whatsoever on this one and I've been on it for 9 months or so and my periods only last about 3-4 days which is nice. I've also stopped getting bad cramps which were horrendous prior to birth control. My acne has cleared up expect for the occasional spot but only once a month or so. I have not experienced any weight gain either, however I do notice some slight mood changes but it's nothing that is uncontrollable. I would recommend."

MJade29 December 12, 2014

For Birth Control "The positive I had on this medication was having great, clear skin. But the negatives very heavily outweigh the positives. Ive been on this for a month and a half and already have to stop taking it. I get constant headaches, my mood swings are off the wall (affecting my boyfriend and i's relationship), nausea, difficulty concentrating, irrational thoughts and depression. Switching off of this immediately. If you are prone to depression DO NOT take this pill!"

Concave223333 December 1, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been using this pill for approximately 2.5 years. I have never had any trouble with it, never gotten pregnant. Disclaimer: I DO take it everyday, hardly ever skip, and when I do forget, I double up the next day, so I think I've got myself covered. I did not experience weight gain (but I'm pretty physically active 5'3 120lbs). Cramps, well sometimes but not bad, no problems with acne, no mood swings (unless I'm ON my period, but that's a given). If you're young and seriously unprepared for the risk of having a child, I would recommend making sure your partner STILL uses a condom even if you're on birth control, trust me (3 Years and its worked for, knock on wood)."

Shar1238 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 30, 2014

For Birth Control "I'm using this pill for the second time -- for the last few years, I didn't need birth control as the man I was committed to had a vasectomy. The first time I used Ortho TriCyclen I was 18 and continued use until 21. Now I'm 25 and have been using it again for 2 months now. I love this pill! The only negatives I've experienced have been very mild and include slight weight gain (5 lbs), but mainly in the breasts and hips (and whoever complained about looking more like an hourglass??), and I've also, after two periods on it, have noticed that my periods are more painful. It's not awful in my case, I never really had a problem with cramping anyway without the pill. But, my periods are very light, short (2-3 days), and manageable. No complaints!"

Quinnzie (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 17, 2014

For Acne "So my acne before was mild but I was told it would start clearing my acne in the third month. I am finishing my third month and my skin is much much worse than it was. I am left with red markings/scars everywhere all over my face and I am at my wits end. I am torn between continuing or giving up,"

olivia1234323 August 25, 2014

For Birth Control "I took it for a while mainly for acne and I wanted the IED but my OB suggested I try this as a birth control method as well as help with my acne after I had my first child. I must admit it did wonders on my periods and acne. I had lighter and shorter periods but my sex drive went DOWN. I also missed a weeks worth of the pill due to not picking it from the pharmacy so I waited till my next period to restart it and now I'm nauseated and cramping super bad, this is the second day back on it and my period ended just last week. I started my period again right after taking the pill the Sunday after my period ended and now I feel like POO. I know it will pass as I take it as I said above I had a great first experience besides having no sex drive."

SJF123489 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2014

For Birth Control "I had an okay experience at first, the only positive thing was that my periods were lighter. The cramping was awful though. I constantly had a headache caused from the estrogen levels so they switched me to something not so high. I was on it for 3 months before they switched me to Aviane."

Jay6829 July 6, 2014

"I really don't like birth control. However, my boyfriend and I decided to do the responsible thing, and I got on it. I've been on it for nearly 2 months, and I've already gained 5 pounds. I've been the same weight for the past 3 years, and haven't had any lifestyle/diet changes since I started the pill. I blame Ortho Tri Cyclen. I also have broken out terribly -- my skin has always been pretty good (with the occasional pimple here and there), but since I've started this pill ... Yikes. Cyst-like acne all over my chin and cheeks. I went to my doctor to switch, so I'm going to try and find the right pill for me. I can't continue to gain weight and break out like this, that's all I know. "

Jilligoat June 28, 2014

For Birth Control "I had no spotting, weight gain or acne on this pill but it did not help me with PMS."

Shanny112 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 6, 2014

For Birth Control "In my opinion, this pill really has many positive things to it. I've had no moods swings. I've been able to control my weight so much easier on this pill and my periods have been lighter and shorter. The only problem the first week I used it I've been nauseated. Other than that great pill."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been on different pills for the past 7 years due to extreme period cramps and acne as well but I've been on this Ortho TriCyclen for 2 years and I just want to say that Birth control does NOT affect your weight. It affects your appetite hence the fact we gain weight. The reason I know is because Its easy for me to gain and lose while on the pill if I eat a lot I gain instantly. If I exercise and eat healthy same thing! I lose a lot faster on this pill. This pill makes it easy for me to maintain my weight due to the lifestyle I live! My acne has cleared up dramatically and my cramps are gone and my period lasts between 4-5 days. I always use condoms but gave it an 8 due to loss in sex drive but other than that, it's great pill!"

Ashley55 May 7, 2014

For Acne "I recently got married so my husband and I started discussing different birth control methods and decided on the pill. I have suffered from acne since I was 13 and when I found Ortho Tri-Cyclen, approved to treat acne, I thought it would be a good pill for me to try. My experience on Ortho so far has been positive. I have been on the pill for three months (my third pack) and have had no negative side effects. I have been happier, haven't gained any noticeable weight, no mood swings, way lighter/shorter periods, no pregnancy, and larger breast. I'm a bit disappointed because my acne has only slightly improved but hasn't worsened. Maybe if I remain on the pill longer my acne will completely disappear. Overall I'm happy and will remain on Ortho Tri Cyclen."

SnoopsMom2914 May 1, 2014

For Acne "I have had acne since I was 12 (I'm 21 now) and this did not clear me up completely but my acne is definitely better, they aren't as big, or painful, less cystic acne. The first week it I was very emotional and nauseous but when it passed everything was fine. I also did not gain weight nor did my hair get thinner, or I don't notice because I have naturally thick, curly hair. I do recommend Ortho Tri Cyclen."

saymm April 12, 2014

For Birth Control "First time on birth control and I started with this one mainly because I had terrible cramps and period side effects. Doctor recommended Ortho Tri-Cyclen and I have been using it for 4 months now. Can't complain about the pill. My face has significantly become clearer. Still have pretty bad cramping though. My period now lasts about 4-5 days versus the 6-7. I Also had weight gain. Gained 15lbs in a matter of 3 mths. I am 5'8 and normally weigh 115 so for me it wasn't a big deal. I definitely felt my breast a lot heavier too. I rarely suffer from headaches and this pill made me get one almost every other day, which was annoying and uncomfy. Had to switch due to break through bleeding though, Either Azurette or Lutera. "

Jax1234 February 13, 2014

For Birth Control "I took Ortho Tri-Cyclen from when I was 16-20 years old the first time, and I recently started taking it again 2 months ago. Both times, I experienced an increase in cup size (~2 cups), which was nice, but I think part of that is connected to weight gain. After I switched to a different birth control the first time, I dropped about 7 lbs. over the course of a few months. I then stopped the other birth control because I was having some bad side effects and dropped another 10 additional lbs., but on the downside my breast size decreased to an A (the size it was when I was 17 prior to taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen). Now that I have been taking it for two months, I have definitely not felt like myself and have been depressed & unable to concentrate, and have gained 7 lbs."

Anonymous456 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 13, 2014

For Birth Control "I've been taking this pill on and off for a while now. I say about a year. And until I read everyone else's review I've notice why I was moody for a while. Depression was bad I always thought my boyfriend didn't want me. My sex drive went up. I think my over all attitude was kind of trashy. Even if things were going ok the brighter side wouldn't make my day. I like it because I'm never questioning if I'm pregnant but it's best not to miss any pills where you have to take more then one at once because I became really sick...Hours of constant up chucking. I didn't notice no weight issues."

Peanut100292 February 12, 2014