Pill Identifier App

User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

6.6
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 222 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Review by crimsonbelle70:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: I don't know if I need a higher dosage or what, but it doesn't help me very well.

January 14, 2012 11:18 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: Helps with the stiffness, didn't make me tired like some people have reported. Overall it has helped and I have had no negative side effects.

January 14, 2012 12:14 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: Amrix is the only muscle relaxer that works for me, and I tried a lot. I also take Topamax and get Botox injections for my migraines. I'm on a low dose antidepressant also. This treatment seems to work for me. I went from 20 migraines a month down to about 5.

December 28, 2011 10:11 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have severe neck pain and muscle knots in my neck. I've been told by my doctor these knots are essentially small bone spurs that protrude into the muscle tissue which causes spasms. This is particularly bad when its damp or rainy. I was prescribed 10 mg of Flexeril. Overall, I'd say it works great with very few side effects. The only issue is some days 10mg doesn't seem to help very much. I have taken up to 15 mg (one-and-a-half) when the pain or knots are really bad. At the 10 mg dose I do NOT have any problems with being sleepy and take it during the work day all the time with no sleepiness. If I take it with a pain medicine it will make me drowsy. The sleepiness side effect seems to vary person to person.

December 22, 2011 5:14 PM

Review by hurting faith:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: I took this and I found rest. True rest. I have been given so many scripts, none did anything for the tight muscle pain, or the seizing of my muscles, which I thought was it for me forever. I have been given extended release medicines for sleep, and nothing. It took a while for me to realize I was not sleeping at night because of my muscles not relaxing. I took this at 8 p.m. last night, and fell asleep, I woke up at like 12:45, My habit from long term spasms...but then I went right back to bed. Then I woke up, {I swear it was just because of habit again} at 3:45, I fell right back asleep. I finally woke up at 5:50 a.m for good. I could not tell you the last time I slept all night, and 6 in the morning is the latest I have slept in yrs. I have tried all types of medicines.

December 20, 2011 6:54 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I take 10 milligram pills every 8 hours as directed. It is small and extremely easy to swallow, especially for those who dislike taking pills. It eases the muscle spasms enough for me to get comfortable in bed or a chair. However, it does not make me sleepy and I usually don't feel the ease until about an hour after I take it.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 8, 2011 11:16 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: Has done a great job at preventing full blown migranes from interrupting my life when I used to get multiple migranes a week.

November 12, 2011 1:39 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I was prescribed 10mg Flexeril after pulling an abdominal muscle which lead to spasms. The Flexeril made the pain and spasms stop but gave me severe dry mouth and made me so dizzy I couldn't get to sleep.

November 11, 2011 6:46 AM

Review by sumoneudon'tkno:

For : It works wonders.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2011 1:22 AM

Review by XmyXoneXandXonlyX:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This medicine has greatly improved my quality of life with my spasms in my back!

October 11, 2011 11:02 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I had used this years ago when I had several dislocations of my shoulder. My recovery time was cut in half.

October 7, 2011 12:34 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Works well for spasms in my trapezius muscles. However makes me lethargic for next 24 hrs.

October 1, 2011 12:04 AM

For : My PCP prescribed cyclobenzaprine 10mg for very bad back pain. I was given ten and told to take one a day. I only ended up taking two. It put me out in about 15 minutes, I slept great, but woke up feeling like I had had a stroke. I couldn't walk straight, I was slurring my speech and I was exhausted. Going to school, I literally couldn't stay awake. I had taken an Adderall that morning (a previously prescribed medication) and had coffee, but still had to leave early and went home and slept for another 6 hours. The next night, it put me out for about 15 hours. My back is almost 100% better, but I really have to clear my schedule if I intend on taking another one.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2011 10:30 PM

Review by Abbey Lane:

For Muscle Spasm: Very effective for relieving muscle spasms with the only side effect being drowsiness.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2011 7:26 PM

Review by Babypie:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: The only medicine that keeps my migraines manageable. I take it along with Topiramate and a beta blocker, atenolol as well as the when required medicines for when one strikes (Naprelan, and either Frova or Axert or Sumavel injection).

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2011 9:56 PM

Review by JM2011:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Taking for back pain in left lower disc. Works very good but I must take it by 8pm or after dinner or I wake up very sluggish the next morning (I wake up at 8:30am) and feel cloudy headed for the whole morning. I only take it when the pain is really bad.

August 23, 2011 11:54 AM

Review by LarryLangley:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Brand Name works great. Does the job and not even noticeable to myself that I've taken it. It will make me sleepy once I lay down, but fully functional on this medication until then. I've taken this drug since 1992. Unfortunately can NOT find this medicine in Brand name.

July 25, 2011 4:24 AM

For Muscle Spasm: This medicine helps me sleep at night time. This medicine also helps relax my legs that shake a lot.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2011 10:46 PM

For Muscle Spasm: This medication was very effective at reducing my muscle spasms and relieving my pain. However it made me VERY drowsy and also constipated, so I suggest this mediation only if your muscle spasms are severe and you are using it on a short term basis.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2011 7:56 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: From the first warning sign or pain it takes less then 20 minutes to take the migraine away.

July 5, 2011 12:59 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This has not helped in my neck condition. I went to the doctor and they put me on this. She diagnosed a strained trapezius muscle in spasms. This has been going on for 8 days now and no relief. I am planning to go to urgent care again tomorrow.

July 4, 2011 1:12 AM

Review by TessaK:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I'm on it for fibromyalgia and it helps me more than the antidepressants and Mirapex did, but doesn't totally erase my pain. A lot of people complain that it knocks them out, but I'm on 10mg a dose and it doesn't do that to me.

June 21, 2011 3:45 PM

Review by Loving Life Again:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I am a 39 year old Male and injured my back and neck about 7 years ago in a terrible car accident. I have had a Spinal Fusion C5, C6, C7 and a Vertebralplasty T10, T11 and tried everything under the sun including Opiates for the pain. For the last year I have been managing my pain and muscle spasms with Flexiril once daily and Massage Therapy. The combination has been a life saver for me literally. My life has completely changed and I am now active and enjoying life again. I suggest you try Flexeril daily and get massage 2 to 4 times per month.

June 15, 2011 8:39 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for me...I had the usual side effect of tiredness after the first day but I was fine afterwards. I took it for 4 days with no relief.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2011 7:47 PM

Review by Cab420:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have been using different muscle relaxants for the last 3 years or so, and by far Flexeril is the strongest and lasts the longest. There's also Robaxin as well which I think is the weakest one of all the muscle relaxants.

May 11, 2011 3:19 AM