User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

Sciatica 25 reviews 280 medications

Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 197 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: When I first had pain 19 years ago, I was treated with Flexeril for six months. I thought I was getting better. I stopped taking Flexeril and it was a false feeling of wellness. Two months later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I am on Flexeril again after a car accident and it is helping. I only plan to stay on it a few weeks since I fear addiction.

May 6, 2011 11:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have severe muscle spasms due to anxiety and these stop them and also relax my muscles making me less nervous. After 20 mg I'm good to go.

April 21, 2011 3:51 AM
Review by Dorado1:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: 10 of 10. No side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 11, 2011 9:02 PM
Review by hildoo: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This medicine has been a blessing for me after trying chiropractor. Physical therapy, injections, etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia, scoliosis, bulging neck disc. I sometimes get tired but after 61 years of being very active and hard work (I mean hard) naps are expected. Sometimes all of us need to slow down.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 1, 2011 7:14 PM
Review by Anne3399: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: This has been a wonderful addition to the pain medicines, with enabling a reduction in pain medicines from using this to stop the spasms that irritated the nerves. With my nerves less irritated, I was more fun to be around!

March 31, 2011 4:47 PM
Review by travlinanaa: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: Without this medicine I could not sleep through the pain.

March 28, 2011 10:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: I used Amirix with Klonopin and Pristiq and I sleep, finally. The combination works for me. The only problem it takes me a while to open my eyes in the morning. I am disabled so this side effect is not a problem.

March 19, 2011 6:52 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: This medicine has helped greatly reduce pain, and has made it possible for me to take less pain medication. The only problem I have had with it is if I take it too late in the evening, it is sometimes very hard to wake up the next morning. It is best for me, at least, to take it at least 10 hours before I need to wake up.

February 15, 2011 10:29 AM
Review by TMJ cure: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: After struggling with Temporomandibular Joint Disorder for years, seeing so many dentists and doctors, I have finally gotten it under control with Flexeril. My doctor finally diagnosed it as muscle spasms and tension from my anxiety disorder. I take Buspar also, and the combination has been a miracle cure for me. I no longer need pain medicines stronger than OTC. I feel so much better.

February 13, 2011 12:39 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Flexeril: short-term memory loss and extremely vivid dreams were my side effects. I had muscle spasms for a week and began taking 10mg only at bedtime. It made me sleep long but not well, as I had very strange vivid dreams that kept waking me. I also found myself incredibly forgetful, forgot things within an hour. I thought I was losing my mind. I stopped taking it immediately, but after a week it's still in my system.

February 6, 2011 12:20 PM
Review by ziess: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Muscle Spasm: My problem is leg cramps at night. Used all sorts of homeopathic recommendations. Nothing worked. Now I'm on cyclobenzaprine 10mg. I take 1 about 1-1/2 hours before going to sleep. Now I don't wake up from leg cramps, have an undisturbed night's sleep and wake up rested and alert. Great stuff.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 4, 2011 12:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Sciatica: I took 10 mg for just over a week at bedtime to help me sleep for back pain, but the lost of taste, or as some say "cotton mouth" is still with me 4 days after stopping the medicines and the grogginess is still in my system.

January 19, 2011 10:04 AM
Review by diphenman: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Muscle Spasm: Helps my lower back pain like nothing else, in fact this is the only oral drug that has any effect on my lower back outside of opioid based pain medicine and those aren't good to use if you are addiction prone. I do not recommend this for daytime use as it is quite sedating, but that is where the side benefit comes in handy, half a 5mg tab and I get knocked right out at nighttime.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 9, 2011 6:22 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: This medicine helps ease the pain, discomfort of temporomandibular Joint Disorder associated with these symptoms for me. Tightness in jaw and neck, pain in jaw and neck down to shoulder. Also helps with other symptoms for me that seem to be like fibromyalgia symptoms. I give this medicine a high score. I have no side effects, except that it makes me very sleepy. I take this medicine at night before bed as it knocks me out about 1.5 hours after taking it. I can not take it during the day as I would not be able to function without falling asleep, that is the only bad thing. Sometime only a half of the pill is needed and for others the whole pill. I stay sleeping all night long without any interruptions of discomfort or pain.

December 11, 2010 2:00 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

cyclobenzaprine for Muscle Spasm: I was surprised to read how sleepy this made everyone. I have been on 10mg nightly for 5 days now and have been sleeping normally. I am taking it for a moderate muscle injury to the middle of my back. I wish it would have a drowsy effect on me because while it seems to loosen up my back a little, it does nothing for the pain. Overall seems to help a good deal though.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 4, 2010 6:47 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Flexeril and Percocet are the only medicines that help me out of pain with a herniated L5 dics and a pinched nerve.

November 3, 2010 11:46 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: It worked for me after about four days, which is all I could take. It relieves my constant back muscle spasms, but it knocks you out! It does make you feel very "on medication" in a very unpleasant sort of way. Difficult to perform everyday tasks such as driving.

October 16, 2010 9:47 PM
Review by lonely: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: my husband had a seizure and went into heart failure and died after taking amrix for two days.

October 4, 2010 10:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: This muscle relaxer is very good at relaxing my muscle if taken for several days; it is slow acting. The negative side is that my doctor only lets me take it when I have a flare-up, so I have to take it about 4 days before I get any relief and then when I stop taking it, it stays in my system for about 3 days and then I go right back to my normal baseline level of pain. I wish I could take it everyday because I feel so much less pain overall when I have it built up in my system.

September 26, 2010 10:24 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I took Flexeril for my back and it did help, but it made me extremely tired and gave me bad cotton mouth. I would take it and be drowsy for 16 hours afterwards.

September 24, 2010 5:15 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Regarding the comment above that states Flexeril works but Amrix does not... as a pharmacist, I would like to clarify that both Flexeril and Amrix are brand names of the drug cyclobenzaprine, a muscle relaxant. Flexeril is released all at once, thus must be taken multiple times daily. Amrix is released slowly over 24 hrs, thus it is taken once daily.

87 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 27, 2010 10:03 AM
Review by DOODLBUG: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: I have Fibromyalgia and compression fractures in my lower back and neck from an automobile accident. I have tried everything for pain and stiffness. I changed doctors and she gave me a prescription for Flexeril 10mg to take at bedtime to help me sleep. For me, this is the best medication I have tried. I had to cut the pills in quarters however because the 10mg was too strong.

August 27, 2010 7:24 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Dry mouth is a side effect that is most unpleasant

August 17, 2010 5:18 PM
Review by BeeGees: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I took Flexeril because I had been feeling intense back muscle pain. I was told that it would make me sleepy and feel relaxed. I took it at 9:00pm thinking it was going to kick in quickly! I was wrong, 15 minutes later nothing! So I made dinner went online, then out of nowhere my neck felt heavy like I couldn't hold my head up and I stumbled to my bed. I saw the clock and it showed 11:00ish. I slept like a baby! Woke up feeling great the next day well rested and my back felt better.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 14, 2010 2:05 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I was prescribed Flexeril by my primary doctor for muscle spasms in my lower back. I could only take it for a short time, I felt no relief in the spasms in my back, I had to sleep at least 10 hours with it, or I couldn't get out of the bed in the morning. I am heading to physical therapy, I'm sure they will help much better than a stupid muscle relaxer can.

August 12, 2010 11:06 PM