User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Fibromyalgia 31 reviews 19 medications

Chronic Myofascial Pain 4 reviews 42 medications

6.2
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 247 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

For Sciatica: "I take a 10 mg pill before bedtime. I sleep like a rock and am foggy half of the next day. The pain is relieved only for the next day or so."

jd17 January 16, 2013

For Muscle Spasm: "It's a good medicine ..takes away my back pain and muscle spasms. The only downside is that it gives me blurred vision."

Instructor (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2013

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "I have taken this medcation for years. When my sciatica acts up, I take two and Aleve and go to bed, within a few hours I start feeling better. It is not a pain killer--it is a muscle relaxer."

KRS of CA (taken for 10 years or more) December 24, 2012

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I tore my labrum in my left hip, doctor gave me Robaxin at 1st but didn't seem to work. I take 2 of these and 1 Vicodin and I feel much better. After surgery I will hopefully be able to get rid of these and get back to normal."

Anonymous October 11, 2012

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "Amrix is good for muscle cramps. It reduces pain from a 10 to a 7 for me. That is a big deal for me. I am 24/7 in pain. No medicine can reduce that pain below a 5."

Life's too short October 6, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I took Soma for years and it worked really good, but my Doctor retired and my new doctor whom I am going to change soon wouldn't prescribe Soma for me instead he prescribed Cyclobenzaprine. It didn't help my muscle spasms at all. When I took Soma I could get a good night sleep, now my back spasms returned with a vengeance. I told my new Doctor and he gave me Soma. If you are having bad back spasm's take Soma it is 100% better."

RemSupreme (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "Felt very rested for once and pain went away."

Anonymous August 6, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "Am now on Skelaxin 800mg. Flexeril wasn't as good as Skelaxin for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 18, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I have the onset of degenerative disc disease, scoliosis, arthritis in my hips and low back muscle spasms that act up all the time and intensify when I exercise. As a result, I don't exercise fearing the pain. I tried this medicine about 5 years ago and I didn't notice any changes. For the past 2 years I have been seeing a chiropractor for my back and I asked my Dr. to prescribe this medicine again and WOW is all I can say. I can exercise rigorously for 45 minutes without feeling like I need to be put in traction the next morning. I take 1 tablet every 12 hours on days I exercise and I take 1 before I go to bed on my rest days. I feel like a new women. This medicine works well in combination with chiropractic care. I haven't been sleepy either."

kennysmom (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2012

For Migraine: "Works great for occasional migraines but will knock you out cold for at least 12-18hrs, would not recommend as first line treatment but its great if you can't take a triptan due to interaction with SSRIs ."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 21, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "Caused leg cramps nightly and water retention."

tkit8548 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 5, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "Had a major pinched nerve and massive back pain. This worked great."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2012

For Fibromyalgia: "I have had severe pain and heat in my hips, legs and feet. The rest of my body was also very uncomfortable. The cyclobenzaprine has really brought the continual pain down and the "heat" has also tapered. I can now get some sleep. It still flares when I exercise too hard, but it is much less severe."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "This is the best muscle relaxer, in my opinion. I took a star off because it knocks me out cold. If I'm asleep, I'm not going to feel pain or spasms either way."

LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 1, 2012

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia over a year ago, after many years of chronic pain, insomnia and fatigue. Sleep study showed no stage 3 or 4 sleep so the sleep I was getting was not good sleep. I am on several medications now to stay awake during the day, control my pain so I can continue to work and more medications to sleep. Restoril has helped in all three areas."

CathyLynny April 21, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "It was very helpful for the spasms in my neck, shoulders, back, and hips. It took awhile before the muscles released. I weaned myself off the medicine and within 2 weeks was experiencing severe pain again. I'm back on now. I take 10 mg at night. It does make me tired in the morning but its worth it. I would recommend this for back pain and spasms. It helps to take it consistently."

Anonymous April 15, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I take Flexeril for muscle spasm related to bulged discs at L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1. I get sciatica down both legs. I also have C6-C7 facet joint damage that catches and occasionally prevents me from turning my head to the left. I am highly resistant to narcotics and anesthetics, and take 10mg Flexeril during the day without any side effects. It allows me to function without letting the muscles lock up. It stops the pain cycle (pain=muscle tension=pain=muscle tension). When I take it at night, it quicly reduces the spasming. If the pain is severe, I take with narcotics for one night to force massive relaxation. This should be done with extreme caution tho - combining opiates and muscle relaxers can cause someone to stop breathing."

Anonymous March 15, 2012

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Amrix does relieve the pain however it made me very tired and out of it. The next day I still felt exhausted, it's not for me."

Anonymous March 10, 2012

For Muscle Spasm: "I must be one of the rare ones.This medication was to be a resolution to constant pain from a pulled muscle in my face and neck after oral surgery. I was instructed to take 1-5MG tablet twice daily for 1 month. I take it 2 hours before bed, and by bedtime, I'm so wired and jittery, I have to stay up to avoid keeping my spouse up. I also have restless leg syndrome, spells were rare until this. After taking 1 tablet, I will spend the next 4 to 6 hours, pacing, as it seems to cause prolonged restless leg syndrome spells. The feeling seems to affect my arms as well, so I have this need to shake my hands/arms violently. Now, completely exhausted, I have to fight through the pain in my face still to sleep. I no longer take it."

RainMagic78 February 26, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: "This was the first time I had ever taken cyclobenzaprine. I took one (1) 10mg on a Thursday evening about 6:30 pm, and all day the next day I felt slight confusion, loss of concentration and it felt like my head was in a fog. Did not help with pain but allowed me to get some much needed sleep."

Franchase February 19, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "The side effect that made me stop it was severe reflux. I would wake up from a dead sleep basically vomiting in my mouth and nearly choking on it. This happened nightly for weeks and I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. It does help a great deal with relaxing the muscles (and for pain). I also get insomnia from this while most people get drowsy."

angziety February 15, 2012

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Amrix is the best. I have taken many muscle relaxers over the years and they all make me sleepy, (which I despise). I take Amrix after dinner and I sleep comfortably and wake refreshed and able to make it through the day with only Aleve or ibuprofin. I am so greatful for Amrix."

snyderink February 13, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: "Flexeril worked GREAT for the first few months I was on it. It totally got rid of the pain between each shoulder blade and spine, and helped the rest of my back as well. I was taking 10 mg once a night, but I was prescribed to take it 3 times daily (I like to make my pain meds last as long as I can). This pill was like a miracle to me. But overnight, it completely stopped working. There wasn't no decrease in the effectiveness before it stopped working at all, it just stopped with no warning. Every few days, I would take one to see if it'd work, but no such luck. A few months later, I tried taking one, didn't work, so I took another one like an hour later and still nothing. But I tend to have a high tolerance to all pain meds. Try it out!"

BrooklynNicole February 7, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "I took this when I pulled a muscle in my back and could no longer pick up my infant daughter. I took it in the middle of the day and it helped with the pain. Initially didn't make me sleepy but the next morning it was near impossible to wake up. It was that terrible "hang-over" feeling. It was the worst I've ever felt. I could hardly make myself wake up to get dressed and use the restroom. I laid around until almost 4pm the next day just because of pure lack of energy. Luckily I was only prescribed it for a week or so otherwise I'm sure I would have quit taking it because of the drowsiness after effect."

Anonymous February 4, 2012

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: "Relaxed me. helped my problem. "

Anonymous January 15, 2012