User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

Sciatica 29 reviews 283 medications

6.6
Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 216 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: Has done a great job at preventing full blown migranes from interrupting my life when I used to get multiple migranes a week.

November 12, 2011 1:39 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I was prescribed 10mg Flexeril after pulling an abdominal muscle which lead to spasms. The Flexeril made the pain and spasms stop but gave me severe dry mouth and made me so dizzy I couldn't get to sleep.

November 11, 2011 6:46 AM

Review by sumoneudon'tkno:

For : It works wonders.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2011 1:22 AM

Review by XmyXoneXandXonlyX:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This medicine has greatly improved my quality of life with my spasms in my back!

October 11, 2011 11:02 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I had used this years ago when I had several dislocations of my shoulder. My recovery time was cut in half.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 7, 2011 12:34 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Works well for spasms in my trapezius muscles. However makes me lethargic for next 24 hrs.

October 1, 2011 12:04 AM

For : My PCP prescribed cyclobenzaprine 10mg for very bad back pain. I was given ten and told to take one a day. I only ended up taking two. It put me out in about 15 minutes, I slept great, but woke up feeling like I had had a stroke. I couldn't walk straight, I was slurring my speech and I was exhausted. Going to school, I literally couldn't stay awake. I had taken an Adderall that morning (a previously prescribed medication) and had coffee, but still had to leave early and went home and slept for another 6 hours. The next night, it put me out for about 15 hours. My back is almost 100% better, but I really have to clear my schedule if I intend on taking another one.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 25, 2011 10:30 PM

Review by Abbey Lane:

For Muscle Spasm: Very effective for relieving muscle spasms with the only side effect being drowsiness.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2011 7:26 PM

Review by Babypie:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: The only medicine that keeps my migraines manageable. I take it along with Topiramate and a beta blocker, atenolol as well as the when required medicines for when one strikes (Naprelan, and either Frova or Axert or Sumavel injection).

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 15, 2011 9:56 PM

Review by JM2011:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Taking for back pain in left lower disc. Works very good but I must take it by 8pm or after dinner or I wake up very sluggish the next morning (I wake up at 8:30am) and feel cloudy headed for the whole morning. I only take it when the pain is really bad.

August 23, 2011 11:54 AM

Review by LarryLangley:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Brand Name works great. Does the job and not even noticeable to myself that I've taken it. It will make me sleepy once I lay down, but fully functional on this medication until then. I've taken this drug since 1992. Unfortunately can NOT find this medicine in Brand name.

July 25, 2011 4:24 AM

For Muscle Spasm: This medicine helps me sleep at night time. This medicine also helps relax my legs that shake a lot.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 22, 2011 10:46 PM

For Muscle Spasm: This medication was very effective at reducing my muscle spasms and relieving my pain. However it made me VERY drowsy and also constipated, so I suggest this mediation only if your muscle spasms are severe and you are using it on a short term basis.

July 8, 2011 7:56 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: From the first warning sign or pain it takes less then 20 minutes to take the migraine away.

July 5, 2011 12:59 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This has not helped in my neck condition. I went to the doctor and they put me on this. She diagnosed a strained trapezius muscle in spasms. This has been going on for 8 days now and no relief. I am planning to go to urgent care again tomorrow.

July 4, 2011 1:12 AM

Review by TessaK:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I'm on it for fibromyalgia and it helps me more than the antidepressants and Mirapex did, but doesn't totally erase my pain. A lot of people complain that it knocks them out, but I'm on 10mg a dose and it doesn't do that to me.

June 21, 2011 3:45 PM

Review by Loving Life Again:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I am a 39 year old Male and injured my back and neck about 7 years ago in a terrible car accident. I have had a Spinal Fusion C5, C6, C7 and a Vertebralplasty T10, T11 and tried everything under the sun including Opiates for the pain. For the last year I have been managing my pain and muscle spasms with Flexiril once daily and Massage Therapy. The combination has been a life saver for me literally. My life has completely changed and I am now active and enjoying life again. I suggest you try Flexeril daily and get massage 2 to 4 times per month.

June 15, 2011 8:39 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for me...I had the usual side effect of tiredness after the first day but I was fine afterwards. I took it for 4 days with no relief.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2011 7:47 PM

Review by Cab420:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have been using different muscle relaxants for the last 3 years or so, and by far Flexeril is the strongest and lasts the longest. There's also Robaxin as well which I think is the weakest one of all the muscle relaxants.

May 11, 2011 3:19 AM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: When I first had pain 19 years ago, I was treated with Flexeril for six months. I thought I was getting better. I stopped taking Flexeril and it was a false feeling of wellness. Two months later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I am on Flexeril again after a car accident and it is helping. I only plan to stay on it a few weeks since I fear addiction.

May 6, 2011 11:34 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have severe muscle spasms due to anxiety and these stop them and also relax my muscles making me less nervous. After 20 mg I'm good to go.

April 21, 2011 3:51 AM

Review by Dorado1:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: 10 of 10. No side effects.

April 11, 2011 9:02 PM

Review by hildoo:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This medicine has been a blessing for me after trying chiropractor. Physical therapy, injections, etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia, scoliosis, bulging neck disc. I sometimes get tired but after 61 years of being very active and hard work (I mean hard) naps are expected. Sometimes all of us need to slow down.

April 1, 2011 7:14 PM

Review by Anne3399:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: This has been a wonderful addition to the pain medicines, with enabling a reduction in pain medicines from using this to stop the spasms that irritated the nerves. With my nerves less irritated, I was more fun to be around!

March 31, 2011 4:47 PM

Review by travlinanaa:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: Without this medicine I could not sleep through the pain.

March 28, 2011 10:39 PM