User Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

Also known as: Amrix, Comfort Pac with Cyclobenzaprine, Fexmid, Flexeril

Learn more about Cyclobenzaprine.

Chronic Myofascial Pain 3 reviews 43 medications

Temporomandibular Joint Disorder 5 reviews 37 medications

Muscle Spasm 123 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Cyclobenzaprine reviews 204 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Cyclobenzaprine

For Muscle Spasm: This medication was very effective at reducing my muscle spasms and relieving my pain. However it made me VERY drowsy and also constipated, so I suggest this mediation only if your muscle spasms are severe and you are using it on a short term basis.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 8, 2011 7:56 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Migraine: From the first warning sign or pain it takes less then 20 minutes to take the migraine away.

July 5, 2011 12:59 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This has not helped in my neck condition. I went to the doctor and they put me on this. She diagnosed a strained trapezius muscle in spasms. This has been going on for 8 days now and no relief. I am planning to go to urgent care again tomorrow.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 4, 2011 1:12 AM

Review by TessaK:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I'm on it for fibromyalgia and it helps me more than the antidepressants and Mirapex did, but doesn't totally erase my pain. A lot of people complain that it knocks them out, but I'm on 10mg a dose and it doesn't do that to me.

June 21, 2011 3:45 PM

Review by Loving Life Again:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I am a 39 year old Male and injured my back and neck about 7 years ago in a terrible car accident. I have had a Spinal Fusion C5, C6, C7 and a Vertebralplasty T10, T11 and tried everything under the sun including Opiates for the pain. For the last year I have been managing my pain and muscle spasms with Flexiril once daily and Massage Therapy. The combination has been a life saver for me literally. My life has completely changed and I am now active and enjoying life again. I suggest you try Flexeril daily and get massage 2 to 4 times per month.

June 15, 2011 8:39 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Amrix did nothing for me...I had the usual side effect of tiredness after the first day but I was fine afterwards. I took it for 4 days with no relief.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2011 7:47 PM

Review by Cab420:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have been using different muscle relaxants for the last 3 years or so, and by far Flexeril is the strongest and lasts the longest. There's also Robaxin as well which I think is the weakest one of all the muscle relaxants.

May 11, 2011 3:19 AM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: When I first had pain 19 years ago, I was treated with Flexeril for six months. I thought I was getting better. I stopped taking Flexeril and it was a false feeling of wellness. Two months later I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Now I am on Flexeril again after a car accident and it is helping. I only plan to stay on it a few weeks since I fear addiction.

May 6, 2011 11:34 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: I have severe muscle spasms due to anxiety and these stop them and also relax my muscles making me less nervous. After 20 mg I'm good to go.

April 21, 2011 3:51 AM

Review by Dorado1:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: 10 of 10. No side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2011 9:02 PM

Review by hildoo:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: This medicine has been a blessing for me after trying chiropractor. Physical therapy, injections, etc. I suffer from fibromyalgia, scoliosis, bulging neck disc. I sometimes get tired but after 61 years of being very active and hard work (I mean hard) naps are expected. Sometimes all of us need to slow down.

April 1, 2011 7:14 PM

Review by Anne3399:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: This has been a wonderful addition to the pain medicines, with enabling a reduction in pain medicines from using this to stop the spasms that irritated the nerves. With my nerves less irritated, I was more fun to be around!

March 31, 2011 4:47 PM

Review by travlinanaa:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: Without this medicine I could not sleep through the pain.

March 28, 2011 10:39 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: I used Amirix with Klonopin and Pristiq and I sleep, finally. The combination works for me. The only problem it takes me a while to open my eyes in the morning. I am disabled so this side effect is not a problem.

March 19, 2011 6:52 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Fibromyalgia: This medicine has helped greatly reduce pain, and has made it possible for me to take less pain medication. The only problem I have had with it is if I take it too late in the evening, it is sometimes very hard to wake up the next morning. It is best for me, at least, to take it at least 10 hours before I need to wake up.

February 15, 2011 10:29 AM

Review by TMJ cure:

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: After struggling with Temporomandibular Joint Disorder for years, seeing so many dentists and doctors, I have finally gotten it under control with Flexeril. My doctor finally diagnosed it as muscle spasms and tension from my anxiety disorder. I take Buspar also, and the combination has been a miracle cure for me. I no longer need pain medicines stronger than OTC. I feel so much better.

February 13, 2011 12:39 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: Flexeril: short-term memory loss and extremely vivid dreams were my side effects. I had muscle spasms for a week and began taking 10mg only at bedtime. It made me sleep long but not well, as I had very strange vivid dreams that kept waking me. I also found myself incredibly forgetful, forgot things within an hour. I thought I was losing my mind. I stopped taking it immediately, but after a week it's still in my system.

February 6, 2011 12:20 PM

Review by ziess:

For Muscle Spasm: My problem is leg cramps at night. Used all sorts of homeopathic recommendations. Nothing worked. Now I'm on cyclobenzaprine 10mg. I take 1 about 1-1/2 hours before going to sleep. Now I don't wake up from leg cramps, have an undisturbed night's sleep and wake up rested and alert. Great stuff.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 4, 2011 12:26 PM

For Sciatica: I took 10 mg for just over a week at bedtime to help me sleep for back pain, but the lost of taste, or as some say "cotton mouth" is still with me 4 days after stopping the medicines and the grogginess is still in my system.

January 19, 2011 10:04 AM

Review by diphenman:

For Muscle Spasm: Helps my lower back pain like nothing else, in fact this is the only oral drug that has any effect on my lower back outside of opioid based pain medicine and those aren't good to use if you are addiction prone. I do not recommend this for daytime use as it is quite sedating, but that is where the side benefit comes in handy, half a 5mg tab and I get knocked right out at nighttime.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2011 6:22 AM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Temporomandibular Joint Disorder: This medicine helps ease the pain, discomfort of temporomandibular Joint Disorder associated with these symptoms for me. Tightness in jaw and neck, pain in jaw and neck down to shoulder. Also helps with other symptoms for me that seem to be like fibromyalgia symptoms. I give this medicine a high score. I have no side effects, except that it makes me very sleepy. I take this medicine at night before bed as it knocks me out about 1.5 hours after taking it. I can not take it during the day as I would not be able to function without falling asleep, that is the only bad thing. Sometime only a half of the pill is needed and for others the whole pill. I stay sleeping all night long without any interruptions of discomfort or pain.

December 11, 2010 2:00 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I was surprised to read how sleepy this made everyone. I have been on 10mg nightly for 5 days now and have been sleeping normally. I am taking it for a moderate muscle injury to the middle of my back. I wish it would have a drowsy effect on me because while it seems to loosen up my back a little, it does nothing for the pain. Overall seems to help a good deal though.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 4, 2010 6:47 PM

Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine) for Sciatica: Flexeril and Percocet are the only medicines that help me out of pain with a herniated L5 dics and a pinched nerve.

November 3, 2010 11:46 PM

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: It worked for me after about four days, which is all I could take. It relieves my constant back muscle spasms, but it knocks you out! It does make you feel very "on medication" in a very unpleasant sort of way. Difficult to perform everyday tasks such as driving.

October 16, 2010 9:47 PM

Review by lonely:

Amrix (cyclobenzaprine) for Muscle Spasm: my husband had a seizure and went into heart failure and died after taking amrix for two days.

October 4, 2010 10:50 PM