User Reviews for Soma

Nocturnal Leg Cramps 7 reviews 24 medications

Muscle Spasm 109 reviews 53 medications

Summary of Soma reviews 116 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Soma

For Muscle Spasm "This med is flat out dangerous..I'm prescribed Xanax 1mg three times daily. DO NOT MIX THESE TWO..I was on both carisoprodol and Xanax and I had not 1 but 2 overdoses accidentally - not on purpose. I literally was airlifted to two different hospitals within a month and a half. This is a great medication for its intended purpose however it is extremely addicting. It should be labeled schedule 2 in my opinion as to the danger this medication holds when taken with another CNS..I also suffer from panic disorder and anxiety."

Ndawg669 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I have experienced severe pain and muscle spasms in my back for 35 years. Soma along with my narcotic analgesics have been a godsend. Soma helps me relax and sleep and start to work fairly quickly. I take 4 a day."

lucky123987 May 3, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I have severe back pain due to an injury and the hundreds of bone marrow aspirates because of my leukemia. After many drugs (more than a dozen combinations). I find Soma to be excellent at relieving the muscle spasms, pain, and it also releaves anxiety similar to benzos and helps me sleep like no other medicine. I also take OxyContin with it and that is what keeps me stable and going throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Good"

Namaste11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "This medication has worked wonders for my hip/skeleton pain. I need to get back on them."

MandaBeautyMark March 8, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "This medication helps with my muscle cramping and helps me relax at night so I can sleep."

duttlinj January 29, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "From my experience, I have never had anything that works so well for my lower back pain. It is almost impossible to sleep at night without them. My doctor was hesitant to prescribe them, but after he did I was able to cut my pain killer daily dosage in half. I think the doc's should stick to what is proven to work."

que no (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "Works good for muscle spasms and helps you to relax enough to sleep when in bad pain."

Peanutsmom4 October 19, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "Due to having AML (leukemia) and having hundreds of bone marrows aspirates done, I now have to take Soma due to lower back pain."

flowerchild1976 September 18, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "The only muscle relaxer to work for me. No one wants to prescribe it anymore, however."

JazzyW1 September 4, 2014

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps "I have been taking Soma for 14 years and Dr's have tried giving me other muscle relaxants that do not work. When I first started taking them I felt relief very fast. My script is for 4 a day. I usually take 2 at bedtime and they give me the rest I need. They are great for leg cramps and any other muscle problems you may have. They have never made me feel weird or out of it. They don't make me feel drowsy the next day. If I am having a really bad day I will take one mid morning and then in the late afternoon. These work the best and I am not addicted to them."

redrobin73 (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I have suffered from many ailments in the past few years one of which was sliding on black ice while working hitting my neck and back on a metal step to my bucket truck. The muscle spasms I get are just awful...muscles twisting and foot looks deformed when it happens. Soma is the only medication that gives any kind of relief...I take it sparingly as not to become dependent upon it. It does make you drowsy...but I would rather be somewhat drowsy than be in that horrible pain."

cathie143 August 6, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I've tried every kind of muscle relaxer from A-Z out there and Soma is the only one that has worked for me. I take it twice a day with my pain meds and have had no side effects from it at all. I have spinal stenosis and suffer from pain all day every day and its so nice to have a little relief. "

myaeger (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "Love it, it helps ease my severe neck pain, haven't had any side effects yet."

oldstinkyfisherman (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 13, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I just recently had a lumbar fusion but have had back problems for the past 5 years. The Dr would prescribe Flexeril but it wouldn't help and made my heart race. So my surgeon put me on Soma and it works tremendously. Makes me a little drowsy but functional."

doart84 July 5, 2014

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps "A childhood auto accident left me with a severe spinal injury. Soma helps a great deal with muscle pain."

peanutmingo (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 25, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I was very nervous to take Soma after doing some research on it. I decided to take it after being in terrible pain, I was surprised that when I woke up in the morning I could function with little pain. I decided to take 1/2 a pill instead at night and I have had great results. Soma works better than the narcotics do especially at night. If they could just make it non-drowsy it would be the perfect medicine."

cautious but in pain April 17, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I am 72 and have used Soma 3 times a day for 3 years. My pain specialist is reluctant to prescribe but understands that I have tried everything else for chronic intractable muscle spasm related to scoliosis, degenerative disc disease and fibromyalgia. This has worked for me since I was 30 years old dealing with my first herniated disc. I have recently had a spinal nerve stimulator implant and although I seldom have the pain from the pressure on the sciatic nerve I do have considerable pain from muscle spasm. It is the ONLY relaxant that has ever worked for me."

Alice Mabe (taken for 10 years or more) January 5, 2014

118 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have taken soma for at least 5 years and all of a sudden my new doctor took me off and put me on flexril, it does not work at all nothing like soma to let me sleep through the night without hopping up with muscles cramps. I have had back surgury 3 times and have nerve damage that will not heal, soma helps in many ways relaxation helps me sleep and no muscle cramps hope my doctor will see fit to put me back on them I hurt so much."

cuff October 29, 2013

92 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Have taken Flexeril, then Parafon, then, bachlofen, then norflex, then robaxin, then finally My New Doctor I am seeing, asked if I had ever tried Soma 350 and I Said no, So He Put Me on the soma one tablet three times a day and one tablet every night at bed-time, and the pain in my back as seen improvement, My left Leg and My left foot, I have a sprained disc in my back plus moderate scoliosis, then he also wanted me to try the Zanaflex Capsules alternating with the soma, and between those two items, the pain that was in my back, my left leg and left foot started to feel much better even when I was a work while taking those two items alternating, a little drowsiness but not overly sleepy."

sierramountain October 24, 2013

For Muscle Spasm "I was on Soma for over 10 years and it has always been my favorite muscle relaxer. I have had severe debilitating migraines my entire life, and a roll over only made it worse along with my neck and back, which have been progressively getting worse over the years. I was taken off about a year ago. However I am posting this for those who can't get it anymore to say Lorzone (chloroxozone) works extremely well on pain. It is the ONLY other medication - and I have tried them ALL over the years, that seems to work for my neck, back and shoulder pain. Name brand is extremely expensive even with insurance - it may need to be prescribed under the generic name."

GermanShepherdGirl (taken for 10 years or more) October 23, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "So helpful and I have never had a bad side effect."

nurs October 12, 2013

For Muscle Spasm "Was prescribed for severe muscle spasms. Took for years without any problems. VA has stopped prescribing. Tried flexeril without nearly the same results and bad urinary side effects. Going to try Robaxin next. I really wish VA would bring back Soma as so far it's the only thing that allows me to function somewhat normally. I'll continue to try other meds that VA suggests, but to this point only Soma has done the trick."

Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2013

For Muscle Spasm "Very good muscle relaxer. I've tried the others and they don't work. Can't drive while taking but can't drive with muscle spasms either. I really like this medcine, it works great and almost no side effects/ Does make me a bit sleepy."

CatsAreGreat July 4, 2013

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I was on Soma for years and had no problem with it. My doctor took my off of it and no other medicine works as well. I am going to another doctor to try to get back on it."

Fallingtears001 June 5, 2013