User Reviews for Soma

Nocturnal Leg Cramps 7 reviews 17 medications

Muscle Spasm 120 reviews 55 medications

Summary of Soma reviews 127 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Soma

For Muscle Spasm "I was on Soma for over 20 years for fibromyalgia. I moved to a different area and no dr will prescribe it. What is wrong when you have tried every other muscle relaxant and I do mean every and none work ar they have bad side effects and the only relief you get is from soma and no one wants you to take it because some idiots might get addicted??? What about us? The people suffering because the only med that helps is off limits. I don't get it. It is 1:30 am and I am sitting up because the pain is so bad I can't sleep. Please tell me how I'm supposed to get up and go to work tomorrow and lots of other days with no sleep because of pain. Explain that one to me. Because right now I am very upset that I am suffering over some idiotic crap!!!"

Powder45 (taken for 10 years or more) April 8, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "I have been on somas for 5 years for my back spasms. There are the only thing that I have found that works for me. I tried many other muscle relaxants and none worked. I do physical work and they make it easier to move around."

Anonymous February 27, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "I have taken carisoprodol for about 7 years 3 per day as needed. This is to prevent painful muscle cramps of my ribcage muscles, the intercostals. These muscles are mostly pretty small but very painful when they cramp. Tried flexeril 15 years ago for a couple of years. They put me to sleep and did not prevent the cramps. Dr then prescribed Robaxin which was unreliable at pretty high dosages. I developed spinal issues both in the neck and low back. Prescribed opioids throughout to alleviate pain of the back issues as well as the muscle cramps. Soma for at least the last 7 years. Very effective at preventing, and even stopping attacks. 10 minutes to take effect. No noticeable side effects or withdrawal. Maybe just lucky. Great med."

hikarl (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Why do most doctors not like to prescribe this? They say it's a bad medicine. It's the only one that has ever worked for muscles spasms for me."

silkgirl2 (taken for 10 years or more) January 26, 2016

"I've been taking soma for at least 7 years due to several fusions neck and back, plus muscle spasms but it seems though the FDA don't think prescibing something that works is a good idea !! So now once again I need to go w/o them until hopefully my appeal goes thru. Plus I guess I'll be going thru withdrawal symptoms since they only give you basically a 30 day warning that the Insurance co will no longer cover them. Luckily for me since I do take other opioids it won't be as bad, but these are what helps me function better plus help me sleep. It's not an outrageously high in cost but with my disability check which is not much I can't afford to pay full price, that's what I thought Ins was for: well duh on me!I have enuogh problems and don't need this."

vikki459 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "They work well enough to calm down spasm to where I can be mobilized.. Walk, bend, play with my family... And take care of them as well.."

Sissy yeye January 5, 2016

For Muscle Spasm "Works for about and hour then my excruciating back spasms came back and it says take one every 8 hours!"

dizzy1959 December 20, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Started taking after spinal fusion constant muscle spasms with any activity. Can bite off a piece when needed never increased dosage in 10 years. People with addictive personality can get hooked on anything its just in there DNA. This drug helped me work much longer than I could have without it."

1roof (taken for 10 years or more) December 5, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I have been in a pain clinic for 21 years now, 20 of those years I have been prescribed Soma. this is a far superior muscle relaxant to the other 5 or 6 available to Drs. Most have no side effects and in combination with other medications (in my case) can live an almost normal life. The DEA/irresponsible people are to blame for the current problems we are dealing with now. TALK with your Dr. And anyone else who will listen."

Patient Advocate December 4, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Soma is by far the best muscle relaxer that is under the "muscle relaxer class". Even with extreme stiffness and spasms that have been left untreated for years, Soma is the only muscle relaxer that provides relief. Many doctors won't prescribe it because they say it can be abused, which is a joke. The FDA doesn't seem to like meds that actually work. It's 100X superior to flexeril, tiziadine, etc. Soma works different -- it's the only muscle relaxer that slows down the nerves instead of just causing central nervous system (CNS) depression. All other muscles relaxers only do CNS depression and their theory is by slowing down the body, the muscles will relax. Not always true. Soma does CNS depression AND it works on the nerves. Best there is."

JJ222 September 22, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have severe lower back sciatica problems especially on right side, and effects inner right leg. I have been on numerous medications with no relief from pain. But some which if I need only take at night and only take as needed. Yes I have been on this medication off and on for yrs because Kaiser will not cover then then do. So when they don't I have to try something else which as of right now has not helped with pain. Yes sometime I have slight lightheaded. But never severe. And with this medication I get to sleep and wake up usually so much better. But once again Kaiser as of July 2015 I was told will not cover and Drs can not prescribe. So once again I need to try other meds."

LaLoca64 July 28, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I've had muscle spasms in my back for 10+ yrs tried skelaxin, robaxin, flexeral, and norflex and they all barely helped but the soma helped tremendously!!!"

Dubsy July 21, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "This med is flat out dangerous..I'm prescribed Xanax 1mg three times daily. DO NOT MIX THESE TWO..I was on both carisoprodol and Xanax and I had not 1 but 2 overdoses accidentally - not on purpose. I literally was airlifted to two different hospitals within a month and a half. This is a great medication for its intended purpose however it is extremely addicting. It should be labeled schedule 2 in my opinion as to the danger this medication holds when taken with another CNS..I also suffer from panic disorder and anxiety."

Ndawg669 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 4, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I have experienced severe pain and muscle spasms in my back for 35 years. Soma along with my narcotic analgesics have been a godsend. Soma helps me relax and sleep and start to work fairly quickly. I take 4 a day."

lucky123987 May 3, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I have severe back pain due to an injury and the hundreds of bone marrow aspirates because of my leukemia. After many drugs (more than a dozen combinations). I find Soma to be excellent at relieving the muscle spasms, pain, and it also releaves anxiety similar to benzos and helps me sleep like no other medicine. I also take OxyContin with it and that is what keeps me stable and going throughout the day."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 20, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Good"

Namaste11 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "This medication has worked wonders for my hip/skeleton pain. I need to get back on them."

MandaBeautyMark March 8, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "This medication helps with my muscle cramping and helps me relax at night so I can sleep."

duttlinj January 29, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "From my experience, I have never had anything that works so well for my lower back pain. It is almost impossible to sleep at night without them. My doctor was hesitant to prescribe them, but after he did I was able to cut my pain killer daily dosage in half. I think the doc's should stick to what is proven to work."

que no (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 8, 2014

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Works good for muscle spasms and helps you to relax enough to sleep when in bad pain."

Peanutsmom4 October 19, 2014

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Due to having AML (leukemia) and having hundreds of bone marrows aspirates done, I now have to take Soma due to lower back pain."

flowerchild1976 September 18, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "The only muscle relaxer to work for me. No one wants to prescribe it anymore, however."

JazzyW1 September 4, 2014

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Nocturnal Leg Cramps "I have been taking Soma for 14 years and Dr's have tried giving me other muscle relaxants that do not work. When I first started taking them I felt relief very fast. My script is for 4 a day. I usually take 2 at bedtime and they give me the rest I need. They are great for leg cramps and any other muscle problems you may have. They have never made me feel weird or out of it. They don't make me feel drowsy the next day. If I am having a really bad day I will take one mid morning and then in the late afternoon. These work the best and I am not addicted to them."

redrobin73 (taken for 10 years or more) August 12, 2014

96 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I have suffered from many ailments in the past few years one of which was sliding on black ice while working hitting my neck and back on a metal step to my bucket truck. The muscle spasms I get are just awful...muscles twisting and foot looks deformed when it happens. Soma is the only medication that gives any kind of relief...I take it sparingly as not to become dependent upon it. It does make you drowsy...but I would rather be somewhat drowsy than be in that horrible pain."

cathie143 August 6, 2014

95 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I've tried every kind of muscle relaxer from A-Z out there and Soma is the only one that has worked for me. I take it twice a day with my pain meds and have had no side effects from it at all. I have spinal stenosis and suffer from pain all day every day and its so nice to have a little relief. "

myaeger (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2014

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next