User Reviews for Flexeril

Learn more about Flexeril.

Muscle Spasm 60 reviews 55 medications

For Muscle Spasm: Made me sleep constantly. Did not stop spasms or pain

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 11, 2014 1:35 AM

Review by Irish7373:

For Sciatica: Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense.

October 2, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by Chuckie Rad:

For Sciatica: It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 6, 2014 10:31 PM

Review by mlb70 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Muscle Spasm: I found this medication does not work at all

June 18, 2014 9:16 AM

Review by Working Man (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Muscle Spasm: I find Flexeril 'tops' for killing muscle pain associated with spasm, knots and/or injury. Compared to Valium (which I also have) the Flexeril does a better job for the actual pain & spasm. However, Flexeril does have heavy side effects which could discourage first time users: - Dry mouth and eyes. - A 'tight feeling' of the upper chest & bronchioles (very similar to what a high dose of Benadryl does). - Slightly blurry vision. - A substantial drowsiness which, for me, occurs about 4 hours after taking the dose. It becomes a struggle to stay awake. Definitely never go above the recommended dose - because of the harsh side effects.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 16, 2014 11:30 PM

Review by fayfaith (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Muscle Spasm: It really does work and helps me to relax so I can rest & sleep. And I've taken it for off & on for several years! I have arthritis, pinched nerves, muscle spasms & a lot more elements. IT WORKS. But what works for one might not work for another. Best wishes to everyone!

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 11, 2014 11:11 PM

Review by stabee (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain.

April 16, 2014 2:40 PM

Review by Buni (taken for 5 to 10 years):

I have had great difficulty sleeping (staying asleep) for years and years and the only thing that really works to help me get a good night sleep and also help with my fibromyalgia is Flexeril. I take 5 mg most nights and on occasion possibly 8 mg (breaking the 10 mg) and sleep like a baby with no painful muscle cramps in legs and come completely awake in the mornings with a cup of coffee. The wonderful thing about Flexeril is that it also relaxes the MIND which can keep a person awake for hours thinking and rethinking "to-do" lists as well as other anxious thoughts. I have taken it for a long time and have no adverse side effects.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 16, 2014 7:56 AM

Review by whispers (taken for less than 1 month):

Took for lower back pain. Definitely made me drowsy, dry mouth and throat. It did not relax me. I found myself tightening the muscles all over my body to compensate for feeling so tired and weak to be able to move, stand and walk with the pain. Did nothing for the pain and was so drowsy I had difficulty focusing through it to function. I did lay down to try to relax and breath through and ended up passing out for over 4 hours. I guess it was good to get some rest but not having a choice about it...very uncomfortable with that idea.

November 12, 2013 1:44 AM

Review by Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Muscle Spasm: Was on Soma but VA took it away due to addictive possibilities. Didn't experience any of the withdrawals. In any case prescribed Flexeril and it was okay except for the side effects. Had severe difficulty urinating, then one would start it would just dribble out. Trying Robaxin next. Will update on how it works for me.

September 30, 2013 1:34 PM

Review by NNGray (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sciatica: Well I was just prescribed Flexeril yeaterday for the pain I was experiencing from a L5-S1 herniated disc & Sciatica. It made me feel like a zombie about an hour & 1/2 after taking it. I took a shower and after getting out I had no strength in my arms or legs. Dry mouth & lower leg pains when laying in bed later. It did help with the pain but will be taking but 1/2 a pill AS NEEDED vs the 1-10 mg 3xs daily.

58 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 15, 2013 2:19 AM

For Sciatica: I have two bulging discs L4/L5 and L3/L4 and herniated L5/S1 and pinched nerves. My hydrocodone wasn't enough, I started taking Flexeril twice a day and the pain reduced to almost nothing and the burning down my legs stopped from my pinched nerves. It doesn't last as long as I would like but it makes the day go by a lot easier and is definitely worth taking it.

121 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 23, 2013 10:02 PM

Review by BeeGees (taken for less than 1 month):

For Muscle Spasm: Definitely relaxed my back muscles. The only odd side effect is a very, very, very strong hangover. I couldn't focus my eyes on one thing for more than a second. Caused me to sleep about 18 hours at a time.

97 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2013 2:57 PM

Review by freednerd (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: Helps with muscle pain and tension. Does cause drowsiness, but if you are hurting it is worth it. Take currently for Fibromyalgia when I am having a bad day. Can take small doses and function at work, but larger doses I will be asleep.

February 27, 2013 1:07 PM

Review by Sunshine9:

For Muscle Spasm: I get muscle tightness and spasms often after workouts as a side effect of arthritis in my back & neck (which was diagnosed for me in 2011). Flexeril was prescribed for this problem. It works great, but here is my feedback. First few times I took it, it knocked me out. Had to lay down & sleep. Took awhile of taking it in smaller doses, where this effect went away. After 3 weeks of use, I started holding fluids really bad. So I no longer use it daily, only as desperately needed. Also causes constipation, so be prepared to add Fiber to your diet to help with that. When I do take it, I'm able to work out the problem areas in my neck (which bothers me the most) with sports cream rub, while on the Flexeril. I can definitely recommend!

112 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 3, 2013 3:01 PM

Review by Leslianna (taken for less than 1 month):

For Sciatica: Has helped tremendously. I am taking 10mg twice a day plus a narcotic. I feel Great as long as I get enough sleep. Virtually no pain due to severe osteoarthritis.

60 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2013 8:39 PM

Review by KRS of CA (taken for 10 years or more):

For Sciatica: I have taken this medcation for years. When my sciatica acts up, I take two and Aleve and go to bed, within a few hours I start feeling better. It is not a pain killer--it is a muscle relaxer.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 24, 2012 7:27 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I tore my labrum in my left hip, doctor gave me Robaxin at 1st but didn't seem to work. I take 2 of these and 1 Vicodin and I feel much better. After surgery I will hopefully be able to get rid of these and get back to normal.

October 11, 2012 12:20 AM

For Fibromyalgia: Felt very rested for once and pain went away.

August 6, 2012 9:41 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Sciatica: Am now on Skelaxin 800mg. Flexeril wasn't as good as Skelaxin for me.

July 18, 2012 4:13 AM

Review by LillyF (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Muscle Spasm: This is the best muscle relaxer, in my opinion. I took a star off because it knocks me out cold. If I'm asleep, I'm not going to feel pain or spasms either way.

May 1, 2012 11:29 AM

For Fibromyalgia: It was very helpful for the spasms in my neck, shoulders, back, and hips. It took awhile before the muscles released. I weaned myself off the medicine and within 2 weeks was experiencing severe pain again. I'm back on now. I take 10 mg at night. It does make me tired in the morning but its worth it. I would recommend this for back pain and spasms. It helps to take it consistently.

55 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 15, 2012 11:19 PM

For Muscle Spasm: I take Flexeril for muscle spasm related to bulged discs at L3-L4, L4-L5, and L5-S1. I get sciatica down both legs. I also have C6-C7 facet joint damage that catches and occasionally prevents me from turning my head to the left. I am highly resistant to narcotics and anesthetics, and take 10mg Flexeril during the day without any side effects. It allows me to function without letting the muscles lock up. It stops the pain cycle (pain=muscle tension=pain=muscle tension). When I take it at night, it quicly reduces the spasming. If the pain is severe, I take with narcotics for one night to force massive relaxation. This should be done with extreme caution tho - combining opiates and muscle relaxers can cause someone to stop breathing.

March 15, 2012 11:25 PM

Review by Franchase:

For Sciatica: This was the first time I had ever taken cyclobenzaprine. I took one (1) 10mg on a Thursday evening about 6:30 pm, and all day the next day I felt slight confusion, loss of concentration and it felt like my head was in a fog. Did not help with pain but allowed me to get some much needed sleep.

February 19, 2012 5:13 AM

Review by angziety:

For Muscle Spasm: The side effect that made me stop it was severe reflux. I would wake up from a dead sleep basically vomiting in my mouth and nearly choking on it. This happened nightly for weeks and I just couldn't tolerate it anymore. It does help a great deal with relaxing the muscles (and for pain). I also get insomnia from this while most people get drowsy.

February 15, 2012 2:55 AM