User Reviews for Flexeril

Learn more about Flexeril.

Muscle Spasm 69 reviews 53 medications

6.5
Sciatica 20 reviews 281 medications

6.3
Summary of Flexeril reviews 89 reviews 6.4

Reviews for Flexeril

For Muscle Spasm "My doctor just prescribed 10mg (cyclobenzaprine) 2X daily, due to disc protrusion in my C6-7 and muscle spasms in my neck and shoulders. I have been taking it for a couple days now and it works great for the pain, however it does make me extremely drowsy! The night before last I took one at bedtime and it knocked me out cold and I slept great, but it made me very fatigued the next day. Luckily it was my day off so I spent it in bed, but my spasms came back in the early afternoon, so I took another one. Again, out cold! Slept all day and decided not to take another one last night because I was still very drowsy. I will reduce my dosage to 5mg around 6pm and see how that works. Definitely not taking during the day unless in severe pain!"

Jzizi128 (taken for less than 1 month) June 29, 2015

For Sciatica "Was prescribed this for severe Sciatica and piriformis inflammation. This drug did absolutely NOTHING other than knock me out for few hours of deep sleep every time am bad drowsiness. I was then able to find some SOMA which is a miracle pain killer drug by comparison. Even better than the Percosets without apparent side effects. Yet, the doctors are completely paranoid to prescribe it unlike this useless Flexeril. Just check out the reviews on both drugs and compare."

Vacr2638 May 30, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Ok so I got Flexeril 10mg prescribed from an ER np, after going through ultra sounds etc. for what I feared was a DVT. Things came back nornal, so she gave me this. I took one the next night, and about 30 minutes later, started nodding off...but this wasn't your normal dosing off. Everytime I would feel myself dosing, I'd start hearing voices. These sleepyness/auditory hallucinations were the first effects. I didn't even notice if the pains were still there because I was constantly fighting to stay awake because the auditory hallucinations started to really scare me. Probably about an hour or so later, I completely knocked out (around 11:30) and didn't wake up until 1 pm the next day. Won't take this ever again "

Mieko EC (taken for less than 1 month) May 16, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "My doctor prescribed 10 mg flexeril 3 times per day for a painful and crippling muscle spasm in my lower back. The dosage helped relax my back, but it also relaxed everything else in my body. I had difficulty controlling my extremities, as if they were detached from the rest of my body. Sometimes I didn't have enough control of my tongue to speak clearly. Sometimes I felt weak and uncoordinated, for example, I had to take my time going up and down stairs. I felt generally sleepy and spaced out most of the time, and felt thirstier than usual. I also needed more sleep than usual, 10 hours. Overall effective for helping my condition, but the side effects were a little frightening."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Taking this medication after 3 day I experienced watery bowel motion."

shellesbelles (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I pulled/strained a muscle in my upper back last week, and the pain was so bad, I could hardly breathe. My doctor prescribed Flexeril which I took as soon as possible with a little food - around 2:00 PM. About an hour later I was out COLD - asleep for the rest of the day, that night, and until late the next morning. Good thing I took a couple of days off from work, because I felt drowsy and weird for at least 24 hours after I took it. There's no way I could have driven - much less accomplished anything at work. Having said all this, it really did kill the pain. It's as if I never injured my back. But at what cost? I think I'll take 800 mgs of ibuprofen instead if I ever have a similar injury."

QueenPooch (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "I've taken Flexeril off and on since 'late '98 when I was (mis)diagnosed with muscle-spasms (ER trip was due to a kidney stone). Flex was great at relieving muscles spasms for 7 out of 10 days Rx-d. I took it for all 10 days, tho' the low-back spasms were gone after day 7--the kidney-stone-pain, however, remained. I've been taking it "as needed" (having fractured my T12 or L1 vertebra when I was 8, herniated discs, etc--at this writing, I'm 59) for about 6 months, per my PCP. After the first bottle, I told him about the soporific/zombie effects and he now requires me to take it only when I go to bed to sleep. Flex has a 1/2 life of 18-23 hours. Thus, it doesn't wear off fast. A bit of Melatonin helps me get better-than-zombie sleep. :)"

JohnEEADBL March 4, 2015

For Fibromyalgia "Finally! Something that actually works. I've been diagnosed with fibromyalgia almost 2 years ago now and have been on Lyrica and Cymbalta with little relief. My doctor added Flexeril 3 days ago and I am in heaven! I have not felt rested in a very long time and my pain seems to be diminished somewhat. I really feel good and have actually smiled ALL day today. I sure hope this keeps up! Yay for Flexeril!"

Tammy73 January 10, 2015

For Muscle Spasm "Yikes! I don't like taking medication of any kind. I've had a frozen shoulder for 8 months and am ready to gnaw off my own arm from the pain and lack of mobility. My PCP prescribed this for shoulder impingement. I took half of a 10 at 8 pm and slept all night. I do have a very dry mouth and feel hung-over this morning. I'd reserve this for bedtime use only."

sleepy001 December 11, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "My doctor has me on FLexeril 10 mg 3 times a day but it doesn't work for me. I have been taking it for 2 weeks now he wants to up my dose. To 20 mg 3 times a day that sounds like a lot to me."

Is it a lot December 10, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I take 10mg 3x a day along with ibuprofen when my lower back starts acting up. I am better in 2 - 3 days. Works great for me. My doctor used to also prescribe a narcotic pain reliever but that did nothing for the pain. Ibuprofen along with Flexeril works best."

HankySpanky November 22, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "Made me sleep constantly. Did not stop spasms or pain"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2014

For Sciatica "Flexeril makes me so drowsy that I fall asleep before I can feel actual relief of pain and then I miss out on everything. The only good thing is that it relaxes me so that I'm not tense."

Irish7373 October 2, 2014

For Sciatica "It seems to be making me slightly drowsy. But I'm sure after a few days I wont feel anything."

Chuckie Rad July 6, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I found this medication does not work at all"

mlb70 (taken for 10 years or more) June 18, 2014

For Muscle Spasm "I find Flexeril 'tops' for killing muscle pain associated with spasm, knots and/or injury. Compared to Valium (which I also have) the Flexeril does a better job for the actual pain & spasm. However, Flexeril does have heavy side effects which could discourage first time users: - Dry mouth and eyes. - A 'tight feeling' of the upper chest & bronchioles (very similar to what a high dose of Benadryl does). - Slightly blurry vision. - A substantial drowsiness which, for me, occurs about 4 hours after taking the dose. It becomes a struggle to stay awake. Definitely never go above the recommended dose - because of the harsh side effects."

Working Man (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 16, 2014

117 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "It really does work and helps me to relax so I can rest & sleep. And I've taken it for off & on for several years! I have arthritis, pinched nerves, muscle spasms & a lot more elements. IT WORKS. But what works for one might not work for another. Best wishes to everyone!"

fayfaith (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 11, 2014

123 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "I thought this was helping my back and sciatica. Today was my 4th day taking it and I have stomach pain so bad I am contemplating going to the emergency room. I can't keep any food down at all either. This is worse than the back/leg pain."

stabee (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2014

"I have had great difficulty sleeping (staying asleep) for years and years and the only thing that really works to help me get a good night sleep and also help with my fibromyalgia is Flexeril. I take 5 mg most nights and on occasion possibly 8 mg (breaking the 10 mg) and sleep like a baby with no painful muscle cramps in legs and come completely awake in the mornings with a cup of coffee. The wonderful thing about Flexeril is that it also relaxes the MIND which can keep a person awake for hours thinking and rethinking "to-do" lists as well as other anxious thoughts. I have taken it for a long time and have no adverse side effects. "

Buni (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 16, 2014

"Took for lower back pain. Definitely made me drowsy, dry mouth and throat. It did not relax me. I found myself tightening the muscles all over my body to compensate for feeling so tired and weak to be able to move, stand and walk with the pain. Did nothing for the pain and was so drowsy I had difficulty focusing through it to function. I did lay down to try to relax and breath through and ended up passing out for over 4 hours. I guess it was good to get some rest but not having a choice about it...very uncomfortable with that idea."

whispers (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2013

For Muscle Spasm "Was on Soma but VA took it away due to addictive possibilities. Didn't experience any of the withdrawals. In any case prescribed Flexeril and it was okay except for the side effects. Had severe difficulty urinating, then one would start it would just dribble out. Trying Robaxin next. Will update on how it works for me."

Optional (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2013

For Sciatica "Well I was just prescribed Flexeril yeaterday for the pain I was experiencing from a L5-S1 herniated disc & Sciatica. It made me feel like a zombie about an hour & 1/2 after taking it. I took a shower and after getting out I had no strength in my arms or legs. Dry mouth & lower leg pains when laying in bed later. It did help with the pain but will be taking but 1/2 a pill AS NEEDED vs the 1-10 mg 3xs daily."

NNGray (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2013

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Sciatica "I have two bulging discs L4/L5 and L3/L4 and herniated L5/S1 and pinched nerves. My hydrocodone wasn't enough, I started taking Flexeril twice a day and the pain reduced to almost nothing and the burning down my legs stopped from my pinched nerves. It doesn't last as long as I would like but it makes the day go by a lot easier and is definitely worth taking it."

Anonymous May 23, 2013

153 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Definitely relaxed my back muscles. The only odd side effect is a very, very, very strong hangover. I couldn't focus my eyes on one thing for more than a second. Caused me to sleep about 18 hours at a time."

BeeGees (taken for less than 1 month) May 13, 2013

125 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Muscle Spasm "Helps with muscle pain and tension. Does cause drowsiness, but if you are hurting it is worth it. Take currently for Fibromyalgia when I am having a bad day. Can take small doses and function at work, but larger doses I will be asleep."

freednerd (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2013

115 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 Next